BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Results: LoveChart • Ariana Edition!, WINNER ANNOUNCED! full results pg. 8
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 17th February 2022, 06:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Thanks to everyone who submitted a LoveChart over the past month!

I can reveal that 94 different Ariana songs received points from your rankings.

Feel free to speculate away happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 17th February 2022, 08:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

I'm excited for this to get underway cheer.gif

Thanks for everyone who submitted charts!

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 17th February 2022, 10:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

Hypee!

+Quote this post
London
post 17th February 2022, 10:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

I hope Greedy finishes top 5 - it’s my favourite For sure wub.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 21st February 2022, 12:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Kicking off the results then!

94. (1 point) Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Live From Manchester

Ariana's touching rendition of this Judy Garland classic was performed during her 'One Love Manchester' concert and picked up a point from fellow mod 'Jade'.

=92. (2 points) Stuck With U (with Justin Bieber)

Sharing 92nd place, this lockdown anthem alongside Justin Bieber garnered Ariana her 3rd US and was another top 5 in the UK. Only one of us thought it deserved a mention at all with 'ready for it...' scoring it their 2 points.

=92. (2 points) Oh Santa! (with Mariah Carey & Jennifer Hudson)

Jade's 2 points went to this Festive bop performed alongside powerhouse superstars Mariah Carey and Jennifer Hudson. It was feature on Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special.

91. (4 points) worst behavior

'ready for it...' gave their 4 points to this 'positions (Deluxe Edition)' track. It almost gained a point from myself however, I wish it was extended, it could have been a real highlight of the album with a touch more substance.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 21st February 2022, 01:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Thanks for kicking this off Julian!

As mentioned, there goes my +1 and +2 pointers! Ari's rendition of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' was absolutely stunning so I really wanted to sneak it in. I loved the original 'Oh Santa!' so was happy that it got a fresh lick of paint with one of my favourite artists and the very talented Jennifer too *.*

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 21st February 2022, 05:07 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Nothing I've voted for yet but 'worst behavior' would be my pick of that section. The whole deluxe edition of 'positions' felt a bit pointless but it's still a decent (if too short) track.

Bieber's weak vocals ruin 'Stuck With U' a bit for me and it was pretty amazing being in the audience for 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 21st February 2022, 05:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Julian Nial

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Feb 21 2022, 05:07 PM) *
it was pretty amazing being in the audience for 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'.

Oh wooow what a moment to witness! cry.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 21st February 2022, 10:43 PM
Post #9
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Interested to see how many songs I'll end up being the only voter for x

Oof at one of her US #1s only getting 2 points! Obviously didn't expect that to be super high up but I am a little surprised at it being almost entirely ignored.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 22nd February 2022, 04:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

90. (5 points) Daydreamin'

The first of three tracks from Ari’s debut album in this section. The most notable part of this song is the into that includes snippets of her grandparents, Frank and Marjorie, talking about how they fell in love. Brer was the only person to give this any points.

89. (6 points) Almost Is Never Enough (feat. Nathan Sykes)

Ariana has some notable collaborations with her exes (Mac Miller, Big Sean) but one that isn’t as fondly remembered is this track with her then-boyfriend, The Wanted’s Nathan Sykes. This is a cute little piano ballad but is pretty inessential in her discography. Lunar is a fan providing it with its whole 6 point tally.

=87. (8 points) Tattooed Heart

Completing the trinity of Yours Truly tracks is the 2nd song where Lunar has provided it all of its points. Ari loves tattoos and this song inspired her first. Lucky as it’s one of the tracks from her debut that Ari seems to be the keenest. This was also one of the tracks that was used in the ever-changing section of the Sweetener World Tour alongside…

=87. (8 points) Winter Things

Winter Things becomes the first track in the Love Chart to receive votes from multiple people. From her 2015 Christmas & Chill EP, this received 4 points each from both of my fellow co-mods. This is one of her stronger Christmas efforts even if the lyrics don’t explicitly refer to Christmas. As I alluded to before, this was used in the Christmas dates of the Sweetener world tour.

=85. (11 points) off the table (with The Weeknd)

This was one that was very close to making my points but in the end all 11 points came from HausofGucci. The lowest Weeknd collab to appear, this was highly anticipated leading into the release of positions. But I think people were surprised with how close it stuck to traditional R&B roots with an absence of any poppier roots. One area where the song certainly isn’t lacking is in the vocals. Both artists feel like their battling for supremacy with the frequent ad-libs and vocal runs.

=85. (11 points) Leave Me Lonely (feat. Macy Gray)

From one soulful collaboration to another. This is the first Dangerous Woman track to appear but certainly not the last. A classy moment on the album with Ari’s heavenly higher vocals contrasting beautifully with Macy’s soulful lower tones. kath is the tracks big fan, awarding it 11 points.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd February 2022, 06:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon

I can understand why most of my pointers dropping out so far are Christmas songs laugh.gif

Well, 'Winter Things' really embodies cosy Christmas for me, even if I'm not particularly in that mood right now tongue.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd February 2022, 07:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Leave Me Lonely forever underrated. Ariana's vocal agility on that song + the contrast with Macy is amazing *.*

+Quote this post
Brer
post 22nd February 2022, 10:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

'Daydreamin'' was one of the songs I had to quickly relisten to to remind myself of it before voting but I remembered it being one of a couple of major standouts from 'Yours Truly' for me during the album party for that and it was still sounding good now, not surprised at being the only voter for that one though! Still the only one of my votes to drop out so far (it was Lunar who gave the points to 'Tattooed Heart' not me, not that it matters ofc).

'off the table' probably my 2nd favourite from this section but it's not the most essential bunch (especially 'Almost Is Never Enough' kink.gif), I think I remember 'Winter Things' being quite nice as well.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 22nd February 2022, 10:58 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Brer @ Feb 22 2022, 10:12 PM) *
Still the only one of my votes to drop out so far (it was Lunar who gave the points to 'Tattooed Heart' not me, not that it matters ofc).

Indeed it was. I’ve fixed the commentary now. smile.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 23rd February 2022, 08:53 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Julian Nial

'Winter Things' really deserves a video and a little seasonal radio push. Some good choices here, I contemplated giving Tattooed Heart a point.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd February 2022, 06:23 PM
Post #16
Group icon

=82 - 81:

=82. How I Look On You (14 points)
=82. fake smile (14 points)
=82. Good As Hell (with Lizzo) (14 points)
81. My Favorite Part (with Mac Miller) (16 points)

Today we continue with a three-way battle for 82nd place and the song edging those for 81st! The first of the tie is 'How I Look On You' which is the one Ari solo song that the Charlie's Angels soundtrack produced back in 2019, in a sea of collaborations. It definitely wouldn't have sounded out of place on the 'thank u, next' album. Brer was its sole provider of points - all 14 of them. This really feels like a glaring omission from my own votes which proves the strength of the competition. Speaking of the 'thank u, next' album we also say goodbye to a more subtle moment in 'fake smile'. The album is heavy on mental health themes and this one is no exception. Kath is the poster who prevented it from 0. Rounding off the trio is the 'Good As Hell' remix with Lizzo. This instantly received a lot of criticism on the forum, for being 'pointless', so I'm surprised it ended up with anything at all. Nick F1 was its saviour however. Boasting 81st place all by itself is an entirely different collaboration. This is 'My Favorite Part' with the late Mac Miller. It is taken from his album 'The Divine Feminine' which was released the same year as 'Dangerous Woman', girl power was really in the air in 2016. It's another subtle moment in this section but very smooth all the same. Again it's Bré who was responsible for all of its points. Well, this needn't be the end of the road in this competition for Ari and Mac collaborations, as they worked together on more than one occasion. Although not quite as much as Ari and Nicki!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 24th February 2022, 09:01 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Fake Smile is my pick of that bunch. The whole ‘thank u, next’ album really was Ari at the peak of her powers.

I really liked How I Look On You at the time but I haven’t found myself going back to it much.

Still nothing I voted for has dropped out yet cheer.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 24th February 2022, 09:24 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Julian Nial

I didn't even consider 'How I Look On You', I actually forgot about it's existence and it's pretty decent. The others I can take or leave.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 24th February 2022, 08:09 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Julian Nial

=79 - 77:

=79. get well soon(22 points)
=79. R.E.M (22 points)
78. sweetener (23 points)
77. Bad To You (with Normani & Nicki Minaj) (24 points)

Into the top 80 now, we have a tie between two tracks from the 'sweetener' album; 'get well soon' and 'R.E.M', both received 22 points. The 5 minute 22 second, emotional, album-closing track 'get well' received all 22 of it's points from Lunar, whilst the latter laidback R&B jam got all of it's points from Nick F1. I'm shocked at myself that I didn't give any points to it, seeing as I stanned it so hard after album release. Next out is yet another track from 'sweetener', this time it's the title track, which was an early fan favourite from the album. It managed to make it's mark on charts around the globe, it came in at#22 on the UK singles chart, #55 on US Billboard and went top 20 in Ireland and Hungary. Making up most of the points it received, Nick F1 scored it a very generous 18, Brer gave it 3 points, HouseofGucci and ready for it... both gave it 1 point each. Lastly, we have another Charlie's Angels soundtrack moment in the form of 'Bad To You' a track that may have originally been intended for Dua Lipa. Ariana leads alongside features; Normani of Fifth Harmony and frequent collaborator Nicki Minaj. All 24 points came from Nick F1.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th February 2022, 10:51 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Ooh great choice of embed, I haven't listened to Ari's Live Lounge stuff in a while but she did an amazing job wub.gif the U.K. promo for the Sweetener era in general <3

I didn't vote for any of that batch, quite surprised that I gave nothing to 'sweetener' but again the competition was high.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:32 PM