BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Katy Perry considering Vegas residency
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Luciano
post 5th January 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 96

Katy Perry following in Britney Spears’ stilettos?

By Robin Leach (contact)
Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 | 7:27 p.m.

Pop superstar Katy Perry listened to serious overtures from Caesars Entertainment execs on New Year’s Eve about performing in a mini-residency at the new theater the Axis at Planet Hollywood when pop princess gal pal Britney Spears is on break from her 100 dates over the next two years.

I was reliably told that Katy and her team met with the Caesars officials when she played a secret show for their high rollers Tuesday night. “We would love it if we could welcome Katy to the new Planet Hollywood theater,” one entertainment VP told me.

“She told us she loved the theater and seeing Britney perform there on opening night. We have a number of stars in our sights and expect to announce future performers in the next two months.”

Katy, her dancers and band dazzled guests with the private show, which I watched. She won screams and applause for singing during a jump-rope workout and for accompanying herself simply on a guitar.

In between songs, Katy talked with audience members and even gave a high-five to one who said that it was his New Year’s resolution to “reach out and touch her.”

Another top Caesars exec told me: “She put on an incredible show. It would be another big hit at Planet Hollywood if it can be worked out before or around her upcoming global tour. Katy impressed all of us with her personality and professionalism. She loved being part of our Caesars family for the New Year. Hopefully it can continue.”

After the show, Katy and new steady beau singer-songwriter John Mayer hosted a midnight private party for Dom Perignon at the new David Furnish and Elton John champagne lounge Fizz at Caesars.

Source: Las Vegas Sun
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 21st January 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

heard about this too

thanks for posting the full artickle here
Go to the top of this page