BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Alex's Top 10 Favourite Katy Perry's singles, One Of The Boys !!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Coral5
post 31st January 2014, 06:47 AM
Post #1
Group icon
PTTP
User: 16,865

Good day for everybody. It's the fourth part from the series "Top singles" countdowns for my favourite pop artists / groups.

Last chance of mainstream pop music and "teenage dream" Katy Perry.

Previous top 10 lists :
Part 1 (Sugababes) : http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158196
Part 2 (Girls Aloud) : http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158464
Part 3 (Britney Spears) : http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158759

This post has been edited by AlexRange: 9th February 2014, 11:02 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 31st January 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

WOOHOO, hoping to see my personal fave 'Firework' in here, but you're often quite opposite to how a lot of people feel about artists, so this'll be interesting.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st February 2014, 03:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm thinking this will be a 'Peacock' win!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 1st February 2014, 04:26 AM
Post #4
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 31 2014, 10:41 PM) *
I'm thinking this will be a 'Peacock' win!
Does 'Peacock' count as a single though?

(Hoping for 'Waking Up In Vegas' to feature here)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st February 2014, 06:20 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Riser @ Feb 1 2014, 04:26 AM) *
(Hoping for 'Waking Up In Vegas' to feature here)
Oh yes! Of course laugh.gif Sorry I wasn't paying attention to the fact it says "singles", in that case I actually think this will be a strong list. Considering she has a FLAWLESS singles back catalogue (I think every one of her singles are at least a 7 out of 10 - bar maybe 'Part Of Me' which is about a 6)

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 1st February 2014, 07:20 AM
Post #6
Group icon
PTTP

QUOTE(Riser @ Feb 1 2014, 04:26 AM) *

No.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 1st February 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I hope "Thinking Of You" isn't forgotten sad.gif

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 3rd February 2014, 05:41 AM
Post #8
Group icon
PTTP

# 10. Unconditionally

"Unconditionally" is a song by Katy Perry for her fourth studio album "Prism". It was released as the second single from the album on October 16, 2013.

In November 2013, Perry told MTV "I love this song because not only can it be a romantic, intimate song, but it can be about the type of love that a mother has when she sees her first child, or best friends or partners..... It's a transcendent love, it's not just relationship status." She mentioned that the song was influenced by the love shared among the people she worked with while working with UNICEF in Madagascar during April 2013, stating "I was kind of inspired by the love that I saw..... we'd go in these cruisers up the mountain for two or three hours, to the middle of nowhere, to check out these schools that they'd build, and I went to the top of this mountain, I saw all these children, and the love that they had towards each other". She noted: "It was this unconditional love between all of them. It was that kind of pure love that's unaffected by the trends of the world."

"Unconditionally" became a little worldwide success commercially, charting within the top twenty and top thirty of fourteen countries worldwide, including number 14 on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming the second Katy Perry song to miss the top 10 on the Hot 100.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 3rd February 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #9
Group icon
PTTP

# 9. Roar

"Roar" is a song by American recording artist Katy Perry for her last studio album "Prism" (2013). It was serviced to radio stations as the lead single from the record on August 10, 2013.

Upon the release of "Roar", many accused Perry of copying Sara Bareilles' song "Brave". When Bareilles herself was asked about the controversy between the two songs, she responded: "Katy's a friend of mine and we've known each other a really long time", and was upset that there was a "negative spin on two artists that are choosing to share positive messages." She also mentioned she had known about "Roar" before its release and stated "If I'm not mad I don’t know why anybody else is upset". In response to the accusations, Dr. Luke tweeted on August 14, 2013: "Roar was written and recorded before Brave came out." In direct response to the attention "Brave" received as a result of the plagiarism accusations, Bareilles' record label, Epic Records, decided to promote "Brave" to the mainstream pop radio format.

The song became Perry's eighth non-consecutive number one song on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and, also peaked at number one in various charts, including Australia, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, and United Kingdom. Additionally, it also reached the top five in most international charts, including France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 3rd February 2014, 11:34 AM
Post #10
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Dark Horse to dark horse this bitch. We all know AR appreciates rap and trap music ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 3rd February 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

Well at least the first two shitty singles of 'Prism' are out of the way first.

My guess is 'Hot and Cold' for #1.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 4th February 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Aww shame to see Roar out already, probably my 2nd favourite of hers at this moment of time, I must say.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 4th February 2014, 05:25 AM
Post #13
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Atonement @ Feb 4 2014, 01:10 AM) *
My guess is 'Hot and Cold' for #1.

Erm it's so obviously 'Ur So Gay'.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 4th February 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #14
Group icon
PTTP

# 8. Starstrukk (with 3OH!3)

"Starstrukk" is a song recorded by American electronic rock group 3OH!3. It is their third single and their second single to be released from their second studio album "Want". A radio-only and the deluxe album version has been released featuring pop singer Katy Perry. The version featuring Katy Perry has had considerable success in Australia, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Poland and the United Kingdom, peaking within the top five of the charts in all of these countries.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 4th February 2014, 02:20 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

I have a soft spot for Starstruck wub.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 4th February 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Nooo, hate that song.

Teenage Dream, Wide Awake or Cali Guuurrrlz for no.1!!

Such a shame Wide Awake JUST missed out on US no.1.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 5th February 2014, 06:38 AM
Post #17
Group icon
PTTP

# 7. Waking Up In Vegas

"Waking Up in Vegas" was the fourth and final single from her studio album "One of the Boys".

Perry explained "Waking Up in Vegas" to The Sun September 26, 2008: "Vegas gives me that 'what-the-f***' feeling. It's really close to LA so one night you could be having a beer with your friends and, when you wake up, you're in Vegas."

Perry said that the song has some real-life inspiration and revealed that she and her then-boyfriend "decided to get fake married". "I was 21. We took all the pictures with the minister, with the fake cake, in the fake chapel and got a fake marriage certificate. We went and bought a wedding dress and a suit at a thrift store, and scanned the pictures and the certificate to my family members, my manager at the time and totally freaked the crap out of them. It was the most hilarious, stupid prank I've ever pulled, I still have the wedding dress and the certificate."

Perry added that the song is not about apologizing: "It's basically a song about getting into trouble with your best friend or your boyfriend or your girlfriend - or whoever you're with - and not having any 'I'm sorry for what I did'."

The song received generally positive reviews from music critics, many saying that it is a catchy tune. The song had peaked at number nine on the Bilboard Hot 100, becoming Perry's third top ten single on the charts. The song was popular in Canada (# 2), New Zealand (# 9), Belgium (# 1) and Ireland (# 8). The music video was released for the single, which features Perry and actor Joel David Moore where it features the couple in Vegas partying and gambling.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 5th February 2014, 06:48 AM
Post #18
Group icon
PTTP

# 6. Wide Awake

"Wide Awake" was recorded for reissue of 2010's album "Teenage Dream".

On the chart dated August 11, 2012, it peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, making the song Perry's eighth consecutive single to reach the top 3 of the chart since "California Gurls", as well as her first song to peak in the runner-up position. It was kept off the top spot by Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe".

In Australia, the song debuted at number 26 on the Australian Singles Chart, and peaked at number 4, position it stayed in for three weeks. In New Zealand, the song debuted at number 32, and peaked at number 1 on July 1, 2012, making it Perry's seventh single from the album "Teenage Dream" to peak inside the top ten, and her sixth song from this era to take out the number one spot. The song makes Perry the female artist with the most number ones on New Zealand (eight), passing the previous record of Mariah Carey with seven number 1 singles. In Canada, the song peaked at number 1, becoming her eighth single to do so.

In United Kingdom, the song was peaked at number 9, selling 24,545 copies in that country. In Ireland, the song launched at number 30 and is currently peaking at number 6.

The single's music video was directed by Lance Drake, and featured a fairy tale-like story, starring Perry and a child version of her.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th February 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Wide Awake' I think is now quite an underrated and overlooked single in her discography, it's SO good.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 5th February 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Wide Awake is awful, her worst single

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >