BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Persephonia / National Thread, BJSC 120: Vegyn - Debold
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post Sep 3 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300

Welcome to the national thread for the Federal Union of Persephonia, better known as just Persephonia. This is the fifth incarnation of our national thread (because our leaders like to completely revamp everything every now and again) and covers BJSC 88 and onwards. To find previous Persephonian news, contest summaries and full rankings, end of year countdowns etc. if such things interest you, feel free to browse our previous national threads here, here, here and here. Although I'd avoid at least the first two and maybe the start of the third if you don't want to see my horrendous old posts.

The Persephonian News Bulletin will post in this thread news about our latest BJSC entries and how well we did in the BJSC as well as their famous rambling summaries of the final results of each contest and Persephonia's full rankings of the final (and our semi-final if applicable). Lots and lots of words. Read them if you want, and feel free to leave a comment in here if you have anything to say about the great nation of Persephonia. *.*

~

About Persephonia

Flag

The flag of Persephonia is a composite of the state flags of, from left to right, Far Island Autonomous Region, Sargia State, Murraii State, Lauhun State and Carellisia State, representing the unity of the continental states and Far Island (see below for more information). All of the flags have the national symbol, the colourful Decastar, in their centre. Our flag finished 17th in the great Flag Rate of 2015. Should have won tbh. Or at least come 2nd to N DNTN.

+ + + +

=

Map

+

Country profile

The current President of Persephonia is Lillian T. Chombo, the leader of the Carellisienne People's Congress (CAPECO) party, which has won all national elections by wide margins since the end of the Civil War. Chombo was elected in a snap election on 3rd September, 2016 following the resignation of previous party leader and President Izzy Azergla. The Federal Union of Persephonia comprises three broad regions: continental Persephonia, Far Island and Persephonian East Allecian (shown separately and to scale above).

Continental Persephonia is located in the southeast of the continent of East Twikande and has land borders with Caerfyrddia in the west, Séyetana in the north and Daehun in the northeast. It also has a direct link to close ally nation Jadakissnia via the underwater high-speed rail line, the Bradestar. It is home to the vast majority of the country's population. It is subdivided into four states and a special autonomous region roughly corresponding to the main homelands of the five ethnic groups of the region. Carellisia State is the most populous and contains the national capital of Carellis (two-and-a-half-time hosts of BJSC, in editions 68 and 75 plus the semi-finals of 89) in the southeast. al-Robāt, host of BJSC Re:LOADED IV, is also found in Carellisia, further to the west. The next most populous state is Sargia State, home to the former capital Persephonia City, now known as Altpersefonstatt and still largely in ruins following the Persephonian Civil War, with New Persephonia City to the north serving as its state capital. Within Sargia is the Designated Native Egabbaci Sargian Territory (DNEST), in light grey on the map, controlled as a special autonomous region under the remains of the native Egabbaci population from the ancient city of Tolae-Kili, the original capital of the state when it was a monarchy called the Pristine Kingdom of Egabbac / D.O.O.G. Egabbac (BJSCs 19-28). The city of Kobbar, host of the BJSC Instrumentals spinoff, is also located in Sargia State. Sandwiched between the two largest states is Murraii State (capital Ji'ma'), largely uninhabited desert apart from fertile regions around the River Alexis, while the least populous state is Lauhun State which is almost entirely uninhabited mountainous regions, but with a population centre in the remote and inaccessible state capital city of Jungyu most famous for co-hosting BJSC 62 with Yamatopori, Daehun.

Far Island is found off the east coast of the mainland and was colonised by the country under its old Egabbaci monarchy, leading to its sparse population being majority ethnically Far-Egabbaci (the offspring of Egabbaci settlers and the native Far people). Following the collapse of the monarchy and the rise of the Republic of Persephonia, Far Island was largely neglected by the mainland's government. The islanders were happy to distance themselves from the authoritarian Republic and the ensuing Civil War, and initially reluctant to accept re-integration under the new government. The new post-war president Salim Zosimus struck a deal with the islanders to allow them to maintain semi-independence while remaining in association with the mainland, becoming the Far Island Autonomous Region. The country was then briefly officially named the Persephonian-Carellisienne Union of Persephonia and Far Island before adopting its current official name. The region's most notable exercise of its autonomous powers was during BJFestivalen III; the Persephonian BJSC Committee officially boycotted this contest but Far Island funded an entry to ensure the nation's representation, under the name Persephonian Farspřk for political reasons. Farspřk is the capital city of the region and home to most of its population (much of the rest of the island is heavily forested).

Persephonian East Allecian is the most recent and controversial addition to the Federal Union of Persephonia. It is located hundreds of miles away on the continent of Miskantha and is internationally recognised as a part of New Lexico, however it is controlled by Persephonian military occupants and local rebels who have sworn allegiance to Persephonia, following a botched attempt at a full land invasion of New Lexico (then called Allecian). The region is still wartorn especially along the de facto border with New Lexico and in the south, where the city of Ghlágh and surrounding regions (light green on the map) has been counter-occupied for some time by New Lexico's army. However, further to the east it is much more stable, especially in its regional capital of New Carellis. Persephonian East Allecian also has land borders with Aesthetica in the south and the state currently known as Elëdan (subject to frequent political instability and name changes) in the east.

The official languages of Persephonia are English (spoken by most of the population), Persephonian and Carellisienne. Regional languages include the native Egabbaci, its island dialect Farspřk, Murraii'i' and Lauhunese. Significant immigrant populations from the continental land borders speak Welsh (Caerfyrddians), Séyetan (Séyetans), Korean and Japanese (Daehunese). Following the brief coup d'état by the country's feral ostrich population (leading to it briefly being known as Land of Ostriches, competing under this name in BJSC 59), the bird language of Ostronian has also become a recognised regional language. The national anthem is 'Cry For Freedom' (adopted in September 2017 following a referendum to replace the old anthem 'Viva Persephonia' after people realised it didn't actually exist) and the currency is the persep (Ᵽ), with 100 egabs (ɇ) to 1 persep.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
Post #2
Group icon
Persephonian BuzzJack Song Contest entries

^ YouTube playlist of all Persephonian BJSC entries (including spinoffs & BJFestivalen) in chronological order (includes some that may or may not be geoblocked outside the UK, soz x)

also check out the PER70A recaps featuring 30 second clips of all our entries up to January 2016, and these swanky recaps of our entries from 2016 and 2017 (courtesy of Jadakissnia <3)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

key:
winner / 2nd place / 3rd place / 4th-10th place / 11th place or lower / DNQ / out in Andra Chansen (BJFestivalen) / TBC
► official video
♫ official audio upload (by artist/label etc. / auto-generated uploads)
♪ unofficial audio upload (by Internet randomers)

Main contests

[x18-(23)-(26)-(23)-x1-17-24-29-15-38-39-31-06-13-31-22-(19)-(21)-(24)-x1-(18)-x1-24-(21)-17-(20)-22-14-(16)-(17)-17-19-19-14-24-03-(24)-(18)-(20)-02-25-(18)-14-02-24-23-15-23-24-01-31-17-29-28-...
...-04-(20)-01-15-05-36-03-03-(27)-06-19-25-(25)-16-12-20-31-20-13-31-22-(28)-19-38-(22)-21-13-05-10-17-(21)-16-26-10-29-19-37-(20)-17-18-(27)-02-34-(23)-11-35-22-32-29]

1-10: n/a

11-18: n/a / 19: "Ghosts 'N' Stuff" / 20: "Set Yourself On Fire"

21: "Fader" / 22: n/a / 23: "Cousins" / 24: "Step" / 25: "Hunger" / 26: "Animal Arithmetic" / 27: "Hey Hey" / 28: "Steady Mobbin'" / 29: "Golden Train" / 30: "Revolving"

31: "I Wrote The Book" / 32: "Close Your Eyes" / 33: "Bad Gal" / 34: "In The Water" / 35: "Wildfire" / 36: "Bear Hug" / 37: n/a / 38: "Gabriel" / 39: n/a / 40: "How Deep Is Your Love?"

41: "Zola" / 42: "Reckless (With Your Love)" / 43: "Lay Your Cards Out" / 44: "Restless" / 45: "Vehl" / 46: "Keep You" / 47: "New York" / 48: "Beat Dun Drop" / 49: "Moving Still" / 50: "The Wheel"

51: "Stars" / 52: "Pacifica" / 53: "Out Of Yourself" / 54: "Simple Guy" / 55: "Memories" / 56: "Skeletons Having Sex On A Tin Roof" / 57: "Dark Star" / 58: "Eden" / 59: "Tangle" / 60: "Surph"

61: "EMPIRE" / 62: "The Return" / 63: "Oedo 606" / 64: "Serbia" / 65: "Break A Mirrored Leg" / 66: "Lately" / 67: "Cry For Freedom" / 68: "Glass Heart" / 69: "Give Me U" / 70: "Demons"

71: "Hiding" / 72: "Tide: The Paradox Effect" / 73: "The Lom" / 74: "Habib Galbi" / 75: "Burning" / 76: "Dope A La Mode" / 77: "Shakushain" / 78: "ocean" / 79: "Waves" / 80: "Kyoto"

81: "The Wandering Songstress" / 82: "Blitz" / 83: "C.U.R.E." / 84: "Mirror Moon" / 85: "In Your Bones" / 86: "Međ Mér" / 87: "Water Frozen" / 88: "Thelema" / 89: "Vlasy" / 90: "Figurine"

91: "Happy End Of The World" / 92: "Colder" / 93: "Ragnarok - Twilight Of The Gods" / 94: "Bad Trip" / 95: "Big Chillum" / 96: "GOLD" / 97: "Hearth" / 98: "Healthy Boy" / 99: "Butylochka" / 100: "IDL"

101: "Grustnaya Suka" / 102: "Catalina" / 103: "Yarada Lij" / 104: "Coping" / 105: "Sisters" / 106: "NEVER" / 107: "Hasty Boom Alert" / 108: "Via Sub Mids" / 109: "Aroha" / 110: "Rise"

111: "Tu Sě 'Na Cosa Grande" / 112: "Roof" / 113: "Olvídame" / 114: "Tancevat" / 115: "Yesli By Lyubov'" / 116: "Othan" / 117: "Final Form" / 118: "Draumadís" / 119: "One Shy Morning" / 120: "Debold"

Spinoffs (excl. BJFestivalen)
note: Eurovision Rejects, BuzzJack 10th Anniversary and Andra Chansen are not 'officially' counted as spinoffs but are for the purposes of this thread

[x4-18-27-14-18-12-08-05-04-09-30-39-04-21-05-11-19-24-06-15-12-05-19-23-12-09-04-19-06-19]

UK#10, FL I, Xmas I, EVR: n/a / DA 90s: "Breathe"

FL II: "Solta O Frango" / YBO I: "In The Water" / DA 00s: "Saturate" / YBO:TR: "Zola" / WV I: "Khae Miao (Just Kitten)"

UKCNM: "Angels" / H'ween I: "Kassidat El Hakka" / Xmas II: "A Christmas Fucking Miracle" / Movies: "Mahalageasca" / BJ10: "Are You Into Bread?"

WV II: "Muck" / Reinv. I: "Born Sick" / Instr.: "Shona" / Country: "Elephant" / Masq. I: "Fall"

80s: "21st Century Common Man (Part I)" / J v SK: "Gusty Garden Galaxy" / Schlag.: "Hearts" / AC: "White Chalk" / WV III: "Argo"

90s v 00s: "Night" / Pride I: "Bomb" / Reinv. II: "Teen Pregnancy" / Masq. II: "Parvaz Kon" / YBO II: "Pacifica"

H'ween II: "VENGEANCE | VENGEANCE" / Pride II: "gec 2 Ü" / WV IV: "Bakalala"

BJFestivalen

[x1-(AC)-(09)-02-(09)]

I: n/a / II: "Unluck" / III: "Lindisfarne II" / IV: "Believe In Yourself" / V: "El Gato Volador"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Stats summaries

Main contests

BJFestivalen

+Quote this post
Brer
Post #3
Group icon
Persephonia's voting histories

In true Persephonian fashion I have compiled some massive spreadsheets for our voting history stats, showing every point we've given and received in BJSC main contest finals and spinoffs (although not BJFestivalen as there's too little data to bother. For completeness, thank you to the following for voting for us in BJFestivalen IV: Taahino, Trifoski, UltraME!land (12 points each), Bignia-Zaragovina, Flynnonda, FSR Rontvia, Jadakissnia, Terra Avium (10 points each), Ramrynia (8 points), Cadelicia, Cor Lupus, Sandebörg (6 points each), Fljótavík, Hushkanukia (4 points each), Aprogonia and Mulgracia (2 points each). Our votes in the 2 BJFestivalens we voted in can be found in the post above).

Only the top 50 countries we've voted for and received points from (top 25 for spinoffs) are pictured here but below each image is a link to the rest of the spreadsheet, which includes every country we've had a chance to vote for / receive points from including those we've traded no points with (keeping tabs on all of you x). Ties in the number of points given / received are broken first by the number of times we've voted for / received points from them, then by the number of times we've snubbed / been snubbed by them (fewer snubs is better) and finally alphabetically. Light blue squares indicate where a country didn't enter the corresponding contest and light red squares indicate where a country didn't qualify for the final or didn't submit final votes for the corresponding contest.

~

Points given

Main contests

click here for 51-162

click here for 26-107

~

Points received

Main contests

click here for 51-160

click here for 26-106

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 3 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
~ ~ ~

BJSC 88

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will."

~ ~ ~

(I will post my delayed BJSC87 summary / rankings in this thread soon lol, been too busy working on this largely pointless thread revamp the last week or so ~)

+Quote this post
m
post Sep 3 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
hi.gif

I had no idea I was that high in your "points received" in spin-offs, niiice! Was listening to The xx - Angels today and it just suddenly hit me that it was your near-misses entry! Will try to keep keeping up with much "famous rambling summaries of the final results of each contest" and more, in this new thread happy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 3 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Yeah this was the first time I'd actually worked out my spinoff voting histories! I had kinda guessed beforehand that Dan & Ethan would be my top 2 as they tend to send pretty great songs to the spinoffs though. Could probably have had a decent guess at who'd be #1 on the received list too kink.gif Thank you for all your support! party.gif x

+Quote this post
Bradders
post Sep 4 2016, 11:56 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 693
Persephonia not reciprocating the love we've had for you so far here in Brechtoria!

You're definitely going to hate 88 as well, so maybe 89 we can pinch a couple of points from you!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 4 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Apols, hopefully I can return some of the love in the near future! (Not really expecting great things from your current entry indeed based on your description but you never know lol). I did at least throw you a few points in Reinvention! x

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 4 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Persephonian News Bulletin ~ 04/09/2016
publication delayed by political instability

BJSC 87 summary

- In the final of BJSC 87 in Lambrini City, Pupok, TWRR's 'Water Frozen' secured Persephonia a third top 20 in a row and a fifth out of seven entries this year so far, coming 20th with a total of 187 points and once again DEFYING the predictions from international pundits *.* It becomes our first song to finish 20th meaning the only remaining top 20 positions we have yet to finish in are 7th-11th and 18th. 24 countries voted for 'Water Frozen' with top support coming from Terra Avium, who gave it its only 18, and Ethanola and Jadakissnia who both gave it 15. Although it was Persephonia's 2nd lowest final position out of our 2016 qualifiers, it was revealed that it matched our highest semi-final position of the year (8th) with our highest semi-final points of the year to date, 85. That meant that unlike most of our previous entries this year 'Water Frozen' actually did a bit worse than expected from the semi-final results (having been projected 15th).

- Their qualification record hasn't been as consistent this year as it was in 2015 but Cor Lupus achieved what they didn't manage in their opening run of 8 qualifiers, getting their first win in this contest with The Naked And Famous' 'Higher' (actually their first top 3, beating their previous #4 peak with Five Knives' Savages') stomping all competition to finish on a total of 432 points, tying Meg Myers' 'Sorry' for the third highest points total ever (after 477 for Sigala's 'Easy Love' last year and 465 for Salt Ashes' 'Save It' earlier this year). The country's first solo hosting job (they previously co-hosted the infamous BJSC 78) is now already underway in New Beacon City. The Naked And Famous are the first act from New Zealand to win BJSC. 'Higher' fell short of the final points record but did beat the record for points in the semi-final, winning semi 2 with a monstrous 186 points, 13 more than the record set by 'Save It' only 3 contests earlier. 'Save It' held that record for a much shorter time than the previous holder, Eva Simons' 'Silly Boy' in BJSC 19. Finally, 'Higher' had 44 voters in the final, enough to tie that record which is also held by 'Save It'.

- Way back in 2nd place with 361 points was the country with the ever changing name, competing in BJSC 87 as FKA FKA FKA π but now already having changed their name again to People's Independent State of Slutland. Mai Lan's 'Technique' gave the five-time winners their first top 10 hit since The Midnight's 'The Years (Prologue)' also came 2nd back in BJSC 69. That song originally seemed to be a bit of a last hurrah for the country as after their following entry DNQed, they announced that they were to quit the contest, and indeed they sat out BJSC 71, the first contest they had missed since their debut in the fourth edition (under the name Elëdan, a name they used continuously up to BJSC 70 apart from competing in BJSC 56 as Slutland). However, despite continuously insisting they are going to quit, they have still entered most of the contests since then under various different names, having served several one-contest bans for not submitting votes but not yet actually missing more than one contest in a row. Persephonian News Bulletin hopes that they do remain a permanent part of the contest now xx They would in fact have broken their top 10 drought 2 contests earlier with their last entry '$ORO' by Lost Under Heaven if that hadn't been given a non-voting deduction. 'Technique' is clearly a FAR better song to break the drought with.

- Just missing out on the silver medal, Hendinia came 3rd with 359 points with That Poppy's 'Money' (the winner of semi-final 1). This gave them a third top 10 hit in a row, and their first top 3 since Sophia Del Carmen's 'Lipstick' back in BJSC 65 (with seven top 10 hits between them), but means Hendinia have to continue the search for a 4th winner having not won since BJSC 39 with Ricki-Lee's 'Raining Diamonds' despite their entries topping odds and predictions many, many times since then, with 'Money' only adding to that list. Poor Hendinia. Completing the top 5 were 2 of the other most successful countries in BJSC history: Aeroche bounced back from their shock DNQ in the previous contest to come 4th with Little Big's 'Hateful Love' on 332 points (receiving 6 18s, the most of any song in this contest) and FSR Rontvia continued a year that has seen them nearly ascend to the levels of dominance they had in the past, getting a second top 10 in a row and their third of the year with a 5th place on 287 points for the absolutely stunning 'Ilumbarada' by Ortiga (bringing their cumulative points received since they debuted in the first ever contest to over 10,000, still well ahead of all other countries). Both nations have thus closed the gap a bit on the YTD top 2 of Yehesi and Pupok who both did significantly less well this month than they did in the previous 5 contests.

- Some fresher names in the lower half of the top 10: Harmonica (returning after forgetting to enter the previous contest) got their first ever top 10 hit on their 23rd attempt, coming 8th with MEG MAC's 'Never Be' after previously peaking at a frustrating #11 with Coasts' 'A Rush Of Blood', while Avalonia achieved their second top 10 hit to date with Symphobia's 'I Do' coming 6th. Between them in 7th place was Cadelicia's entry 'Banana Brain' by Die Antwoord which gave them their third top 10 of the year, meaning they've doubled their total number of top 10 hits to 6 within the last 5 contests. Also earning a sixth top 10 hit was Jadakissnia coming 9th with a surprise (but VERY well-deserved *.*) hit in FM-84's 'Arcade Summer', while an even more recent debutant, Dobago, are also very quickly racking up the top 10 hits as they picked up their second in a row and fourth in total (all this year) after coming 10th with Kida's 'Ja Kem Nis'. That's the second Albanian-language top 10 of the year (after Era Istrefi's 'Bonbon') and neither of them were sent by Břtanikkä mellow.gif

- No other countries besides Cor Lupus and Harmonica set national bests this month (apart from the one debuting country Bubblelands, although their appearance in the contest was just a little bit pointless as they did not vote in either the semi-final or the final, and came 33rd - second last - in semi-final 2 with Ta-Ra's 'ORION' (feat. ISSUE), its position not being affected by the deduction from 18 points to 12). However, Taahino remained consistent as ever, now racking up a record 7th top 20 without ever making the top 10, with a 16th place finish for Ghost Town's 'Spark' giving them a run this year of 18-15-23-14-14-15-16. Ultraviolenceland's Lauren Aquilina came 21st with 'How Would You Like It?', just barely sparing them also getting a 7th top 20 without a top 10 to their name (you can 'thank' us for that UVland!!)

- Four more returning countries made the final: FARC came back from a one month break with a 22nd place finish with the Monsieur Adi remix of morgxn's 'love you with the lights on'; Jukianië returned after a four-contest absence with GNUČČI's 'Work!' which seemed surely destined to beat their national record of 26th but sadly 'only' came 33rd, still better than their last four entries which all DNQed and their best result since BJSC 72; Desbuanda also came back after Harmonica's forgetfulness resulted in them also forgetting to enter the previous contest, although apparently their forgetfulness wasn't cured as they didn't vote on time in the final and thus came 35th after a 33% deduction with Suns' 'Catalyse' (in fairness there were other factors at play and they may or may not be avoiding the ban in BJSC 88... although the situation is still unclear with the entry deadline less than an hour away at the time of publication :')); and finally Kluminican Republic were back after serving a ban and came 39th with 'Bones' by wens. There was less luck for the other returning nations (of which there were quite a few in this contest): the sporadically competing nations of Ajanaeda, Alteria and Frandoot all fell short of the final on their latest comebacks (Alteria are still yet to get a qualifier after previously attempting and also failing in BJSCs 51 and 67, giving them one of the weirder participation records in the contest), as did Ojnoj on their return after a 7-contest absence and Sandebörg who were right back after missing a contest for the first time. Unfortunately Ajanaeda and Alteria won't have a chance to join us again in the current contest as they didn't vote in the final (as if Alteria were going to enter again so soon anyway) and are thus (definitely) banned from BJSC 88, as are Bubblelands and Oslol. Danaelanda's DNQ in the previous contest led them to civil war and a rebrand to just South Danaelanda for BJSC 87. That rebrand didn't help as they DNQed again.

- The wooden spoon went for the second time this year to Bignia-Zaragovina, and they didn't need a deduction to be last this time as they came 42nd out of 42 with 91 points with Greyson Chance's 'Back On The Wall'. They could have avoided last place if The Actual Republic of Bellamia had voted for the song as you'd ASSUME they would do, but alas they protested and gave it no points due to a ~domestic dispute~, much like Highasakite-gate in the previous contest (play nice kids). That thus saved Beaverdonia the ignominy of coming last twice in a row.

Full Persephonian rankings for BJSC 87

Final

Points awarded:
18 FSR Rontvia // Ortiga - Ilumbarada
15 Syndare // Yoko Ono and Penguin Prison - She Gets Down On Her Knees
13 Jadakissnia // FM-84 - Arcade Summer

12 St. Burbia // Zack Knight and Jasmin Walia - Dum Dee Dum
11 FKA FKA FKA π // Mai Lan - Technique
10 Jukianië // GNUČČI - Work!
9 Aeroche // Little Big - Hateful Love
8 Cadelicia // Die Antwoord - Banana Brain
7 N DNTN // Kitty - 285
6 Beaverdonia // Shreya Ghoshal and Osman Mir - Nagada Sang Dhol

5 New Lexico // King Deco - Castaway
4 Medhelnia // FMLYBND - Come Alive
3 Cor Lupus // The Naked And Famous - Higher
2 Unovia // Ali Barter - Far Away
1 Taahino // Ghost Town - Spark

16th-41st:
Avalonia // Symphobia - I Do
Dobago // Kida - Ja Kem Nis
Thelonia // Dub Fx - So Are You
Yehesi // LYRA - Emerald
Desbuanda // Suns - Catalyse
Hendinia // That Poppy - Money
Singerpurear // Fitz And The Tantrums - HandClap
Brechtoria // GLADES - Her (Loving You)
Harmonica // MEG MAC - Never Be
Bignia-Zaragovina // Greyson Chance - Back On The Wall
Břtanikkä // Vita Chambers - Tell Me
Hushkanukia // Cardiknox - Wild Child
Kylienips // Icon For Hire - Supposed To Be
Espen // CAPPA - Mad About U
Pupok // Sasha Pieterse - R.P.M.
Fljótavík // Kitten - Fall On Me
Kluminican Republic // wens - Bones
Greenfroze // Matilda - Ghost
Ramrynia // NEIKED - Sexual (feat. Dyo)
Land of DW // Ward Thomas - Carry You Home
D'yermak'er // RIVRS - Falling
FARC // morgxn - love you with the lights on (Monsieur Adi Remix)
Usfland // Midnight To Monaco - One In A Million
Altyr Muunilinst // High Contrast and Clare Maguire - Who's Loving You Part One
Ultraviolenceland // Lauren Aquilina - How Would You Like It?
Republic of Adonia // OH MY GIRL - Liar Liar

~

Semi-Final 1

Points awarded:
12 St. Burbia // Zack Knight and Jasmin Walia - Dum Dee Dum
10 Syndare // Yoko Ono and Penguin Prison - She Gets Down On Her Knees
8 Terra Avium // Essaie Pas - Le Port Du Masque Est De Rigueur

7 FKA FKA FKA π // Mai Lan - Technique
6 Aeroche // Little Big - Hateful Love
5 Jukianië // GNUČČI - Work!
4 N DNTN // Kitty - 285
3 Beaverdonia // Shreya Ghoshal and Osman Mir - Nagada Sang Dhol
2 Ethanola // Green Velvet - Bigger Than Prince (Hot Since 82 Remix)
1 Taahino // Ghost Town - Spark

11th-33rd:
Yehesi // LYRA - Emerald
Hendinia // That Poppy - Money
South Danaelanda // Tobtok - Aber
Thelonia // Dub Fx - So Are You
Brechtoria // GLADES - Her (Loving You)
The Actual Republic of Bellamia // Isac Elliot - Worth Something
Singerpurear // Fitz And The Tantrums - HandClap
Flynnonda // Fickle Friends - Cry Baby
Federal Republic of Ashton // Walking On Cars - Speeding Cars
Harmonica // MEG MAC - Never Be
FARC // morgxn - love you with the lights on (Monsieur Adi Remix)
Espen // CAPPA - Mad About U
Ajanaeda // AJÁ ROSE - Paradise Blue
Ojnoj // Chelsea Lankes - Bullet
Aelandor // Imperial Leisure - Man On The Street
Frandoot // Miya Folick - I Got Drunk
Greenfroze // Matilda - Ghost
Kluminican Republic // wens - Bones
Ultraviolenceland // Lauren Aquilina - How Would You Like It?
Quintessa // Lali - Soy
Daehun // Namie Amuro - Hero
Tartford // Dominique - I Think I'm Fallin (Manotett Remix)
Tinnmark // Katastrofe - Sangen Du Hater

DNQed

~

Semi-Final 2 DNQs

3rd Trifoski // Anna Meredith - Nautilus
5th Bubblelands // Ta-Ra - ORION (feat. ISSUE)
9th Suedeonia // The Very Best - Makes A King (feat. Jutty Taylor)

11th Aeyundoré // Keys&Cages - Invisible
12th Cumulonimbia // The Len Goodman Independent Artists For Online Kindness Collective - Theme For BuzzJack (BBC News Remix)
14th Skall // Kollektivet - ĆŘĹ (Size Matters)
15th Alteria // Shiggy Jr. - Beautiful Life
16th Séyetana // Beware Of Darkness - Dope
21st Sandebörg // Espen - Werk Like Beyoncé
25th Bhangra // Henri Pfr - Home
29th Oslol // Hey Violet - Brand New Moves
31st Triangledonia // The Aces - Stuck
32nd #00274E // Noréll - Howl
33rd Deandria // NOËP - Move

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 4 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Congrats on the top 20 placing for 'Water Frozen'! *.* I was a lil worried for it with the subpar predictions (as with my own entry!!) so g'won at outdoing expectations. The most points I have given you this year so far, t'was just such a beautiful song. heart.gif Yay for swapping medal positions and both doing well, good month for Jadaphonia *.*

Slay me with this thread revamp btw! I'm so here for Lillian T. Chombo (!) as nu president. Plus stats galore *.*

Also, in response to this statement in your latest write-up: "They would in fact have broken their top 10 drought 2 contests earlier with their last entry '$ORO' by LUH if that hadn't been given a non-voting deduction. 'Technique' is clearly a FAR better song to break the drought with." As good as 'Technique' is... nah m8 wink.gif x

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 4 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
This must have been a pretty weak contest for you if even the likes of Ward Thomas/NEIKED/Sasha Pieterse aren't in your bottom 5

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 6 2016, 01:34 AM
Post #12
Group icon
QUOTE(Jade @ Sep 4 2016, 11:59 PM) *
Congrats on the top 20 placing for 'Water Frozen'! *.* I was a lil worried for it with the subpar predictions (as with my own entry!!) so g'won at outdoing expectations. The most points I have given you this year so far, t'was just such a beautiful song. heart.gif Yay for swapping medal positions and both doing well, good month for Jadaphonia *.*

Slay me with this thread revamp btw! I'm so here for Lillian T. Chombo (!) as nu president. Plus stats galore *.*

Also, in response to this statement in your latest write-up: "They would in fact have broken their top 10 drought 2 contests earlier with their last entry '$ORO' by LUH if that hadn't been given a non-voting deduction. 'Technique' is clearly a FAR better song to break the drought with." As good as 'Technique' is... nah m8 wink.gif x

President Chombo is v much looking forward to working with King Bellsprout and PM Kisselovich hehe x And thank you as ever, high hopes for another good month for Jadaphonia this time! tongue.gif Us finally getting to be in the same semi again for the first time in a while *.* x

QUOTE(Cody @ Sep 5 2016, 12:02 AM) *
This must have been a pretty weak contest for you if even the likes of Ward Thomas/NEIKED/Sasha Pieterse aren't in your bottom 5

Well it was a fairly weak contest for me indeed but none of those are actually particularly awful anyway (in fact I actually almost LIKE 'R.P.M.' shock horror).

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 6 2016, 02:05 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Persephonian News Bulletin ~ 06/09/2016

Persephonia's entry to BJSC 88 revealed: could this be the contest řf dreams for us?

Persephonia's representative at BJSC 88 in New Beacon City, Cor Lupus has just been announced in a ~sleek and snazzy~ showcase, so we can now officially confirm our 67th main contest entry is 'Thelema' by French producer Řfdream (who we have heard through the grapevine was recently also in contention for an appearance in the contest under the flag of Aeroche, with his other song 'Ninth Gate'... which would probably have had much greater hit potential but let's not think about that any more!)

'Thelema' is an instrumental track whose genre would be best described with some combination the following words (choose any 2 and put them together): 'chill', 'witch', 'trap', 'wave'. Think a more chilled version of BLVCK CEILING's 'WVFFLIFE' (CHVRN Remix), or a more trap version of Audialist's 'Burning'. Or maybe don't imagine it at all and just have a listen to it below!

'Thelema' is taken from Řfdream's August 2015 four-track EP 'Black Bones', which also features the aforementioned 'Ninth Gate' which samples Cassie's buzz single 'Balcony', as well as another Cassie sampling track 'The Great Beast' using the more recognisable 'Me & U'. We'd nearly have been tempted to send that one if it wasn't such a prominent and veto-tempting sample (not least because that very sample was already featured in a previous BJSC entry, Le Youth's 'C O O L'). 'Thelema' being an instrumental we think clears it of the possibility of also sampling Cassie, and we do think is is the highlight of the EP but as ever we encourage any fans of this song to check out the artist's other work!

Řfdream makes it two French artists on the trot for Persephonia and our third entry with a French lead artist to date, as well as our second instrumental entry of the year (after Digitalism's 'Blitz') and our eighth instrumental main contest entry in total. Clearly drumming up the anticipation for the instrumental spinoff which is apparently on the verge of FINALLY HAPPENING very soon ohmy.gif

The song has been drawn into slot 18 (out of 34, as entry numbers have remained at last month's astronomical level) in semi-final 1. Keep an eye out in both semi-finals for a couple of Persephonian alumni getting a second outing in the contest as well - our criminal BJSC 54 DNQs Kadie Elder are opening our semi-final representing Singerpurear with 'First Time He Kissed A Boy', while over in semi-final 2 Cadelicia have returned our BJSC 52 entrant Spor to the contest, this time under his more common pseudonym of Feed Me, performing 12th with 'What It Feels Like' (feat. Nina Nesbitt). Do us proud Singerpurear and Cadelicia!
Update: it has since come to our attention that another Persephonian alumnus is also (sort of) in this contest - TĀLĀ, who represented us in BJSC 64 and has also since appeared in BJSC 69 for Břtanikkä and BJFestivalen IV for π (aka People's Independent State of Slutland), is the uncredited vocalist on MssingNo's 'Scope' which is in BJSC 88 representing none other than Jadakissnia! That unintentional recycling *.* 'Scope' is drawn in slot 24 of semi-final 1.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 6 2016, 12:16 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Well 'WVFFLIFE (CHVRN Remix)' is still my second favourite entry of mine, so I am VERY excited at your comparison of 'Thelema' to that!

Witch house + trap is a match made in heaven *.* cannot wait to hear this on description alone.

As you brought up in your response to my last comment in here, yay for Jadaphonia in the same semi again at last! cheer.gif Cannot remember how many times we have been together this year but it's been very little laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 13 2016, 03:29 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Persephonian News Bulletin ~ 13/09/2016

Řfdream continues our qualification streak

Řfdream's 'Thelema' has seen Persephonia through to another BJSC final, our 49th to date (could we have an anniversary entry to celebrate our impending 50th finalist? no? okay ~) and 38th passing through a semi-final. It makes it 7 out of 8 qualifiers in 2016 and 4 in a row in our current streak. The song has been drawn in the 23rd running order slot of the 42 finalists in New Beacon City, Cor Lupus.

The top 6 of Persephonia's semi-final 1 votes all qualified, but the remaining 4 songs that received semi-final points from the Persephonian televoting fell short. These were Kingdom of Horanius' long-delayed debut entry 'Licht Uit' by The Opposites which got our 4 points, a disappointing and unexpected DNQ from Desbuanda, A R I Z O N A's 'Cross My Mind' which we awarded 3 points, another surprising miss from Ethanola who had been universally predicted to qualify but actually ended up second to last in the semi-final with Attom's 'Afterglow' (feat. Ciele), our 2 pointer, and Quintessa who picked up 1 point from us with Hannah Peel's 'All That Matters'. 3 songs which made the top 1 of the Persephonian rank of semi-final 2 also didn't qualify: Deandria with 'When You Wish Upon The Stars' by Maya's Moving Castle (we ranked it 5th), Cumulonimbia with 'Love No More' by Soulé (7th) and Utopia with 'When Will You Be Mine' by Average White Band (8th), the latter two sadly being the bottom 2 in the semi-final.

A month after #00274E's qualification streak ended, so has Taahino's - they fell just one point short of getting an 11th qualifier in a row. Sadly this news has resulted in Taahino announcing they will likely be taking a break from the contest. Persephonian News Bulletin hopes to see them participating again in the future (that is, if they don't immediately change their mind and continue entering anyway like #00274E did in this contest after also hinting at taking a break after losing their streak, managing to start up a new one kink.gif) Taahino's miss has seen FSR Rontvia return to the top of the list of countries with the most consecutive final appearances (at 10 in a row), continuing their successful 2016.

Persephonia does well in the BJSC (country name rate)

Prior to the semi-final results being announced, there were some other results for a rate of the names of countries that have participated in the contest this year. The person who was appointed to be in charge of submitting our rate was *cough* otherwise engaged and ended up forgetting to submit it on time, but nonetheless, 'Persephonia' picked up a top 10 finish as it was rated the 4th best country name of 2016 with an average rate of 7.79. Bow down to us etc.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 13 2016, 05:42 AM
Post #16
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Well done to your song enema

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 16 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Persephonian News Bulletin ~ 16/09/2016

Kobbar announced as host city for BJSC Instrumentals spinoff

QUOTE(Bré @ Sep 6 2016, 03:05 AM) *
Clearly drumming up the anticipation for the instrumental spinoff which is apparently on the verge of FINALLY HAPPENING very soon ohmy.gif

And so it has come to pass ~ After a long wait since we initially proposed it (was it our idea originally? oops if not but we're claiming it anyway), the BJSC Instrumentals spinoff is finally materialising and will be taking place here in Persephonia, the first and arguably still only country to have won the main BJSC with an instrumental entry (with Jay Dabhi and Moises Modesto's 'Cry For Freedom' back in BJSC 67) as well as one of only two countries with an instrumental entry in the current contest alongside Dobago ;o

The city of Kobbar, situated on the River Alexis in upstate Sargia, has been selected as the host city for the spinoff, becoming the fourth Persephonian city to host a BJSC event following the BJSC 62 semi-finals in Jungyu, the entirety of BJSCs 68 and 75 in Carellis and BJSC Re:LOADED IV in al-Robāt. The mayor of Kobbar, Gerald "Gezza" Houston Jr., has said that he is looking forward to welcoming delegations from any and all interested nations, and has advised against tactical homicide of performers to improve contest performance on this occasion.

All relevant information can be found in the green room thread. Confirmations for the contest will be opening some time tomorrow (17th September) if all goes well. cool.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 21 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Persephonian News Bulletin ~ 21/09/2016

BJSC 88 summary

- The final results of BJSC 88 took place last night in New Beacon City, Cor Lupus and throughout most of the reveal Persephonia were trailing well behind in last place, receiving points from just three of the first 40 voting nations (and two of those only barely). However, we snatched an unremarkable but decent result from the jaws of an embarrassing failure as the higher points rolled in from several of the later voters, ultimately avoiding the bottom 10 entirely with a 31st place finish and 138 points in total with our entry 'Thelema' by Řfdream. It was our least successful entry of the year aside from BJSC 84 DNQ 'Mirror Moon' by Bachar Mar-Khalifé by any sensible measure, although notably it did receive two 18s (from Jadakissnia and Skall), matching our most of the year also achieved by BOOTS' 'C.U.R.E.' and Color Guard's 'In Your Bones'. It also picked up 15 points from both Cumulonimbia and Espen, among its small but solid fanbase which consisted of 14 voters, 8 of which gave it at least 10 points. Thank you to all who did give us some points with what was clearly a bit of a love/hate (or at least love/find boring) entry <3 'Thelema' came 14th in semi-final 1 with 64 points, giving it a projected final position of 24th, meaning we underperformed from the semi-final again, oops ~

- N DNTN picked up their second BJSC win to date, following Hervé and Zebra Katz' 'Tear The House Up' in BJSC 65, topping the list with RAYE's 'Shhh'. 'Tear The House Up' was a historically low-scoring winner that only barely won its month (and arguably wasn't even N DNTN's biggest hit despite being their only winner until now), but that was far from the case with 'Shhh' which scored 394 points to win quite easily. This was a much better showing for RAYE than when she was in the contest last year representing Jukianië, coming only 35th with 'Bet U Wish' - insert cries of Jukianië racism (although in fairness we all know 'Shhh' is way better). N DNTN were one of two clear favourites to win the contest along with Jadakissnia, but in the end the silver medal went to N DNTN's border/allied/rival nation #00274E - we started the month not knowing if they'd even be in this contest after their DNQ in the last contest and ended with them nearly getting a third win, although they were a way behind on 343 points with Yuri and Seohyun's 'Secret', nonetheless still the most successful K-Pop entry in BJSC history (and Daehun weeps). Jadakissnia still managed a strong third place finish with MssingNo's 'Scope' on 323 points, marking their first time in the medal positions and indeed the top 5, having previously come 6th earlier in the year with BLVCK CEILING's 'WVFFLIFE (CHVRN Remix)', and giving them a second top 10 hit in a row and their 5th this year. A main contest win to add to their 3 (yes, 3!!1) spinoff wins can't be far away ;o They did at least earn their first semi-final winner, topping semi-final 1 with a towering 165 points, beating 'Shhh' into 2nd place there. Semi-final 2 was won by #00274E.

- Cadelicia continued to make 2016 by far their most successful year, getting back to back top 10s again and their second top 5 hit with Feed Me's 'What It Feels Like' (feat. Nina Nesbitt), coming 4th with 319 points. Unovia are also having a very successful year, entering the YTD top 10 this month following a 5th place finish on 302 points with 'Are We Awake' by Tal, their sixth consecutive top 20 hit (though only one of the previous ones also went top 10). That was the top ranked of a seemingly higher than usual number of entries (5 of them) by French artists in this final - our own entry at least avoided being the lowest ranked of those, praise Stupeflip. ( cry.gif )

- It's been a long wait for Syndare to earn another BJSC top 10 hit but they finally cracked the top tier again this time with Firefox AK's 'Heart Of Mine' coming 6th, their first top 10 since Embody came 10th with 'Make A Stand' (feat. Barnaby) in BJSC 67. Proving that recycling old Persephonian artists is very en vogue this month, as well as the top five finishes for Jadakissnia and Cadelicia, even our former second-to-last-in-the-semi flops Kadie Elder have achieved some well earnt justice as 'First Time He Kissed A Boy' came 7th representing Singerpurear, the country's 3rd top 10 hit since they shook off the tag of never even being able to qualify. Pupok slipped up a bit with their auto-qualifier last month but returned to success as usual, getting their 6th top 10 out of their last 7 entries with Claudia Kane's 'Einstein' finishing 8th. Another underperformance by Yehesi has now allowed Pupok to claim the year-to-date #1 spot with two contests to go. Former contest winner Agnes Obel couldn't repeat the success of 'Riverside' but finished a solid 9th place for Fljótavík with 'Familiar', giving them their second top 10 hit of the year. Also getting a second top 10 of the year, both of which came 10th, was Séyet Terra Avium who provided the contest's longest entry with the 8 minute epic 'Travelling Light' by daydreamer.

- As well as Jadakissnia, two other countries set national bests in this final. The country formerly and once again currently known as Summericia - as they have announced their return to this name after competing in the last three contests as Aeyundoré - had qualified for the final 5 times before but never previously made the top 30, peaking on their debut at #32 with Tungevaag & Raaban's 'Parade', but that has now changed as they came 25th with the Dave Audé Club Mix of Billie Ray Martin's 'The Glittering Gutter'. Meanwhile Brechtoria also just about beat what was previously their debut and peak, coming 28th with Kelsea Ballerini's 'XO', one place higher than Tigertown's 'Lonely Cities' which they debuted with three contests ago. There were four countries competing in the main BJSC for the first time in BJSC 88, though out of them only Lomaja qualified for the final. Their debut entry 'Born To Be Wild' by HYOYEON, Min and Jo Kwon featuring JYP finished 29th. Kingdom of Horanius had entered 2 spinoffs already and even confirmed for a main contest before withdrawing during confirmations, but finally made their debut in BJSC 88 with The Opposites' 'Licht Uit' which sadly fell short of the final. Also missing out on debut qualifications were Niceland with MÖWE and Daniel Nitt's 'Lovers Friends' and Buzzjack Mountain whose entry we will NOT SPEAK OF after it came close to derailing the entire concept of the contest. We look forward to another entry from them next month which should be less controversial. x

- Three countries made comebacks in this contest: Florina pulled out at the end of last year but thankfully have graced the contest with at least a temporary return, coming 19th with comeback entry 'Echo' by Foreign Air. Moving on from previous ~scandals~ Mulgracia were also back after their one-contest ban and came 23rd with Monarchy's 'Dance Like Hell'. Finally Utopia made another fleeting return with 70s cut 'When Will You Be Mine' by Average White Band - it was never likely to be a qualifier and this wasn't helped when they failed to submit votes for the semi-final before the deadline, resulting in a 33% deduction leaving them floundering in last place in the semi. They also didn't vote in the final so won't be joining us in BJSC 89 - and neither will FARC, Thelonia or Hendinia after they also didn't submit final votes. (Of these only Hendinia had actually made the final. They finished 40th with Love Thy Brother's 'Love Me Better' (feat. Ariel Beesley) following a 33% deduction in the final). Other results in the final included Ultraviolenceland this time getting a 7th top 20 without a top 10 hit to their name, coming 15th with Liv Dawson's 'Still' (come on guys, this one really did deserve to go top 10! :'(), Tinnmark bouncing back from 5 DNQs in a row to come an impressive 16th with dark folk offering 'Odal' by Wardruna (watch out for Persephonia's EOY where it will be much higher than this xx), South Danaelanda's 50th entry anniversary 'Dear Boy' by Avicii featuring-but-not-really-featuring MŘ (this cheapness went down exactly as you'd expect) coming a middling 21st, our instrumental partners in crime for the month Dobago finishing one place above us in 30th with T2Kazuya's 'Youth' (instrumentals stick together! and you can find a lot of them - and even add one of your own - in this exciting spinoff confirmations thread #promo ohmy.gif) and both of the auto-qualifiers undeservedly finishing in the bottom 10, with surprisingly the higher of the two being People's Independent State of Slutland in 34th with Ariel Pink's 'Not Enough Violence', while hosts Cor Lupus fell a bit flat in 38th with Nhato's 'WAY OF LIFE' (feat. Sasi).

- To the surprise of absolutely no one this month's wooden spoon went to Medhelnia who scraped through to the final in 20th place in semi-final 2, causing much confusion, and finished a distant 42nd out of 42 in the final on 86 points with Hey Violet's 'Fuqboi', the only finalist that didn't crack the 100 point mark. If something about this seems very familiar, we remind you of BJSC 79, when Syndare similarly were the only country to not reach 100 points and claimed the wooden spoon with Tanika's 'FUCKBOY'. Whoever keeps voting for these fuccbois in the semi-final PLEASE STOP. kink.gif Medhelnia can add this wooden spoon to the one they got in the semi-final with their second entry. x

Full Persephonian rankings for BJSC 88

Final

Points awarded:
18 Tinnmark // Wardruna - Odal
15 Skall // Stupeflip - Stupeflip Vite !!!
13 Jadakissnia // MssingNo - Scope

12 Terra Avium // daydreamer - Travelling Light
11 Cor Lupus // Nhato - WAY OF LIFE (feat. Sasi)
10 People's Independent State of Slutland // Ariel Pink - Not Enough Violence
9 Dobago // T2Kazuya - Youth
8 Ultraviolenceland // Liv Dawson - Still
7 N DNTN // RAYE - Shhh
6 Trifoski // La Femme - Sphynx

5 Mulgracia // Monarchy - Dance Like Hell
4 Singerpurear // Kadie Elder - First Time He Kissed A Boy
3 Pupok // Claudia Kane - Einstein
2 Fljótavík // Agnes Obel - Familiar
1 Florina // Foreign Air - Echo

16th-41st:
FSR Rontvia // Theia - Roam
Harmonica // PARRI$ - NASTY
Séyetana // Kalafina - to the beginning
Syndare // Firefox AK - Heart Of Mine
Lomaja // HYOYEON, Min and Jo Kwon - Born To Be Wild (feat. JYP)
The Actual Republic of Bellamia // Ryan Lawrie - If Only
Hushkanukia // Emji - Lost
Aeroche // Project 46 - Stars (feat. Haley)
D'yermak'er // Sada Vidoo - The Actress
Břtanikkä // ALMA - Karma
Aeyundoré // Billie Ray Martin - The Glittering Gutter (Dave Audé Club Mix)
Cadelicia // Feed Me - What It Feels Like (feat. Nina Nesbitt)
#00274E // Yuri and Seohyun - Secret
Ramrynia // Sabrina Carpenter - On Purpose
New Lexico // BB Diamond - Praying
Altyr Muunilinst // SHAED - Running Through The Fields
Yehesi // Nakita - Where Are You?
St. Burbia // Sarah Mark - Tun Up
Brechtoria // Kelsea Ballerini - XO
Tartford // Sons Of Sonix - Numb (feat. Melanie C)
Medhelnia // Hey Violet - Fuqboi
South Danaelanda // Avicii - Dear Boy
Unovia // Tal - Are We Awake
Hendinia // Love Thy Brother - Love Me Better (feat. Ariel Beesley)
Federal Republic of Ashton // Lisa Ajax - Give Me That
Republic of Adonia // Hayley Kiyoko - Gravel To Tempo

~

Semi-Final 1

Points awarded:
12 Skall // Stupeflip - Stupeflip Vite !!!
10 Jadakissnia // MssingNo - Scope
8 N DNTN // RAYE - Shhh

7 Ultraviolenceland // Liv Dawson - Still
6 Trifoski // La Femme - Sphynx
5 Singerpurear // Kadie Elder - First Time He Kissed A Boy
4 Kingdom of Horanius // The Opposites - Licht Uit
3 Desbuanda // A R I Z O N A - Cross My Mind
2 Ethanola // Attom - Afterglow (feat. Ciele)
1 Quintessa // Hannah Peel - All That Matters

11th-33rd:
Suedeonia // Brian Eno - Here He Comes
Espen // Cosima - Had To Feel Something
Usfland // Andrew Luce and graves - Up To You (feat. Chelsea Cutler)
The Actual Republic of Bellamia // Ryan Lawrie - If Only
Harmonica // PARRI$ - NASTY
D'yermak'er // Sada Vidoo - The Actress
Hushkanukia // Emji - Lost
Lomaja // HYOYEON, Min and Jo Kwon - Born To Be Wild (feat. JYP)
Séyetana // Kalafina - to the beginning
Aeroche // Project 46 - Stars (feat. Haley)
Thelonia // Jauz and Netsky - Higher
Sandebörg // Peg Parnevik - We Are (Ziggy & Carola)
Břtanikkä // ALMA - Karma
Fljótavík // Agnes Obel - Familiar
Flynnonda // Ruth Koleva - Oceans
Kylienips // Danrell - White Noise (feat. Ryder)
Tartford // Sons Of Sonix - Numb (feat. Melanie C)
St. Burbia // Sarah Mark - Tun Up
Daehun // TAEYEON - Why
Avalonia // Silver Cities - Lights
Hendinia // Love Thy Brother - Love Me Better (feat. Ariel Beesley)
Unovia // Tal - Are We Awake
Beaverdonia // geO Louis - Him

DNQed

~

Semi-Final 2 DNQs

5th Deandria // Maya's Moving Castle - When You Wish Upon The Stars
7th Cumulonimbia // Soulé - Love No More
8th Utopia // Average White Band - When Will You Be Mine

11th Aelandor // Relient K - Cat
12th Land of DW // Indaqo - Boom Boom Boom
13th FARC // Patrick Hagenaar - Turn Back Time (Back To The Time)
14th Kluminican Republic // DENM - Green
15th Taahino // Jeremy Shada, Shauna Case and Annie Sertich - Running Errands With My Mom
22nd Niceland // MÖWE and Daniel Nitt - Lovers Friends
28th Triangledonia // Emma Carn - Bad Boy Genes
29th Jukianië // Teyana Taylor - Undercover
31st Greenfroze // Vicetone - Anywhere I Go
33rd Bignia-Zaragovina // Chord Overstreet - Homeland
34th Buzzjack Mountain // The Snake - Wasting My Life (feat. Doctor Blind)

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 21 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #19
Group icon
(soz to Republic of Adonia coming last in our final rank 2 months in a row ph34r.gif we did vote for the one before that though!)

+ because the promo was quite hidden in that post... ENTER THE INSTRUMENTALS SPINOFF NOW! (holding off on a hype post for our own entry partially because we might change it and partially because it would give it away too much lol)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 21 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Alone and wounded
That ridiculous drought for 'Thelema' was painful to witness so I'm glad it clawed its way up the scoreboard nearer the end. Doing a Poland making a not so impressive position seem way more exciting tbh *.* I think the 27th I received for CROSSPARTY in the same kind of way feels like way more than just any bog standard 27th place, 'cause of the circumstances laugh.gif Anyway~ at least you beat 'Fuqboi' right xx That was the true battle here.

Pleased that you managed to attract a lot of big fans out of those who voted for you, as those are the best kind of fans *.* Thanks very much for the discovery as I'm playing it a lot at the moment heart.gif

SLAY ME at acknowledging that I have actually won 3 spinoffs <3 Ryan TAKE THAT. kink.gif

+Quote this post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:24 PM