BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Golden Tour ● 2018-19, CD/DVD released December 6th
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 21st September 2018, 02:22 AM
Post #61
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I had such a fantastic time, so fabulous to see her up close! heart.gif For the first half my friend & I were by the side of the catwalk, but for the second act we moved to be at the front of the b stage, which I preferred! There was only one person directly in front of me. Most people with golden circle tickets had opted to go between the main stage and b stage area, but you could also be on the outer side of the catwalk and far less people decided to position themselves there. I had the most perfect view of her performing The One. wub.gif

She didn’t actually perform Breathe, unfortunately. sad.gif

I Believe in You was a really great surprise, it's one of my favourites, so glad she added it. She also performed Tears on My Pillow, which was a cute moment (and possibly done as a one off for Nottingham?).

I have to admit that when I first saw the set list the other day I was slightly underwhelmed by it. However when actually seeing it played out, it made more sense and really worked. For instance I was a bit "ugh" to see that Kids was included, but funnily enough that ended up being one of the songs I shouted sang along most passionately to, it was a really enjoyable performance - definitely a crowd pleaser.

Dancing and Stop Me From Falling went down soooo well with the audience. It felt like everyone really came alive for those songs, every singing/dancing along to them, to the extent they felt like they were classics from her discography! It shows that the singles chart positions don't tell the full story any more... they've certainly connected with the fan base and even the casuals. I could definitely see them remaining as staples in her tour set lists in the future.

Other highlights for me included Lost Without You (truly a moment to see this live wub.gif ), Spinning Around (a very energetic performance) an I loved the new mix of Wow, it's really freshened it up.

Ahhh, I’m on such a post concert high! What a woman. wub.gif I hope everyone here who's going will have a brilliant time too!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 21st September 2018, 09:02 AM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Sep 21 2018, 03:22 AM) *
I had such a fantastic time, so fabulous to see her up close! heart.gif For the first half my friend & I were by the side of the catwalk, but for the second act we moved to be at the front of the b stage, which I preferred! There was only one person directly in front of me. Most people with golden circle tickets had opted to go between the main stage and b stage area, but you could also be on the outer side of the catwalk and far less people decided to position themselves there. I had the most perfect view of her performing The One. wub.gif

She didn’t actually perform Breathe, unfortunately. sad.gif

I Believe in You was a really great surprise, it's one of my favourites, so glad she added it. She also performed Tears on My Pillow, which was a cute moment (and possibly done as a one off for Nottingham?).

I have to admit that when I first saw the set list the other day I was slightly underwhelmed by it. However when actually seeing it played out, it made more sense and really worked. For instance I was a bit "ugh" to see that Kids was included, but funnily enough that ended up being one of the songs I shouted sang along most passionately to, it was a really enjoyable performance - definitely a crowd pleaser.

Dancing and Stop Me From Falling went down soooo well with the audience. It felt like everyone really came alive for those songs, every singing/dancing along to them, to the extent they felt like they were classics from her discography! It shows that the singles chart positions don't tell the full story any more... they've certainly connected with the fan base and even the casuals. I could definitely see them remaining as staples in her tour set lists in the future.

Other highlights for me included Lost Without You (truly a moment to see this live wub.gif ), Spinning Around (a very energetic performance) an I loved the new mix of Wow, it's really freshened it up.

Ahhh, I’m on such a post concert high! What a woman. wub.gif I hope everyone here who's going will have a brilliant time too!

Glad you had fun, Jay! I too am in the Golden Circle so I'll aim towards the b stage if that's just as good a view and less people (although I guess word may get round by the time of my date!).

Us fans always moan when we see 'Kids' there every time but you're right that it's a huge crowd pleaser and reaches out to the most causal of fans. I know I'll enjoy belting it out!

So pleased to hear some of the Golden songs are cementing their place in Kylie's discography. 'Dancing' for sure is going to keep coming back after the era is finished.

-x-

Nottingham gig went down well: https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/mus...orpoint-2027635

"Kylie did what Kylie does best; she gave a performance that was both emotional and energetic, engaging the audience in a way that felt authentic and sincere at the same time as putting on an entertaining and at times breathtaking show."

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st September 2018, 09:19 AM
Post #63
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Sep 21 2018, 03:22 AM) *
Other highlights for me included Lost Without You (truly a moment to see this live wub.gif )

Even more excited for this now!

Glad you had an amazing night Jay! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 21st September 2018, 09:24 AM
Post #64
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Ahhh Jay, you've just ramped my excitement levels up even further! wub.gif

Glad to see 'One Last Kiss' has been dropped from the setlist, it's dirge.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 21st September 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Tonight's setlist remained the same as last night aside from no 'Tears On My Pillow' acapella. She might have sang something else but it's not on setlist.fm.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 21st September 2018, 11:00 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392

She did perform that same song acapella tonight in Birmingham :-).

+Quote this post
hexschofield
post 22nd September 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,734

I saw the tour in Birmingham last night, wow. I have seen all Kylie tours since Fever and this one is brilliant. Stripped back but I love Kylie concentrating on vocals and giving everything to every song. I took a friend last night who said wow who knew Kylie could sing like that - she was blown away as I was.

No spoilers but enjoy the show everyone, I return to the show on Monday in Cardiff in the Golden Circle and I cannot wait to enjoy it all over agin.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 25th September 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Can’t wait for tomorrow - the start of 3 02 shows for me yahoo.gif Anyone else going to the London shows?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th September 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Break the tension

I'm going tomorrow! SO excited.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th September 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 26th September 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Break the tension

Amazing. Love it. wub.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 26th September 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Really like that.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th September 2018, 03:10 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It's cute, isn't it? wub.gif

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 26th September 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

I walked right passed that sign. London opening night was brilliant! Especially the 2nd half

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th September 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Incredible opening night for London in the Golden Circle - here’s to the next 2 nights w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th September 2018, 11:23 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Glad you guys had fun! I'm buzzing for Monday and to be in the Golden Circle too! wub.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th September 2018, 11:27 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Sep 27 2018, 12:23 AM) *
Glad you guys had fun! I'm buzzing for Monday and to be in the Golden Circle too! wub.gif

Go to the left hand side of the stage happy.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th September 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Sep 27 2018, 12:27 AM) *
Go to the left hand side of the stage happy.gif

Thanks! wub.gif

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 27th September 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

The studio 54 bit when she walks in to New York City is just amazing. So professional, camp and shows why she has longevity

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 27th September 2018, 09:27 AM
Post #80
Group icon
Break the tension

I enjoyed last night! It was nice to see her looking so naturally happy, comfortable and confident.

The two highlights for me were 'Confide In Me' and 'Lost Without You'. I found the performance of 'I Believe In You' bored me though, and she'd totally Steps-ified 'In Your Eyes' (in a reductive way). Splicing 'Slow' with 'Being Boiled' was quite inspired.

+Quote this post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:30 PM