BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Was Jeremy Bamber really innocent?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post 3rd December 2019, 08:40 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Have been interested in this case for years and am uneasy about his 10-2 majority conviction of murdering his parents, sister and 2 nephews in 1985. A new major ITV 6 part drama-doc starting 6th Jan. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. He and a cop supposedly saw someone moving about inside hours after everyone was supposedly dead. That cop conveniently couldn't remember that later and it wasn't written down or if it was it disappeared. Did Bamber invent it? Was that the sister and did she go crazy and kill them all? Could someone else have got in and done it? Not saying he's innocent but just saying I don't think he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. There's said to be proof now, a police note, of the second phone call, from his home at 3.37am. First had been allegedly by his father to him at 3.26 saying the sister had a gun and was going mad. He couldn't have got home, 3.5 miles away, after killing them all in 11 minutes.

A reminder of the case. Bamber and his sister were both adopted by fairly wealthy parents. Bamber was a bit of a playboy and is supposed to have told ex-girlfriend Julie Mugford that he planned to kill his family to get their money earlier. The sister was a schizophrenic. So did he break in and kill them all or did the sister do it? He's still serving a whole life term and been inside 33 years but still protests his innocence.

He took a two-hour lie-detector in his prison cell in 2007 and though this is not admissible in court, he passed "with flying colours" said the expert, who also stands by his test and thinks he is innocent based on that.

Before you all jump on me I have no idea if he did it or not. Only he and 5 dead people know for sure. Yes he was convicted but there are too many little anomalies which separately don't make him innocent but all put together makes me, others and many legal experts uneasy.

Also the sister's blood wasn't congealed like the rest, suggesting that she died hours after the others.

Had the judge refused to accept a majority conviction, as he could have done, Bamber would have walked away an innocent man.

The whole life term imposed for murdering 5 people in cold blood means he'll die in jail with no chance of parole but the European court said this was unlawful and that the UK government should review his case. Here if you don't admit your guilt you will never be released so it would be in his best interests to admit it but he still vehemently protests his innocence.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: 3rd December 2019, 09:09 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 3rd December 2019, 09:00 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 3 2019, 08:40 AM) *
Have been interested in this case for years and am uneasy about his 10-2 majority conviction of murdering his parents, sister and 2 nephews in 1985. A new major ITV 6 part drama-doc starting 6th Jan. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. He and a cop supposedly saw someone moving about inside hours after everyone was supposedly dead. Was that the sister and did she go crazy and kill them all? Could someone else have got in and done it? Not saying he's innocent but just saying I don't think he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. There's said to be proof now, a police note, of the second phone call, from his home at 3.37am. First had been allegedly by his father to him at 3.26 saying the sister had a gun and was going mad. He couldn't have got home, 3.5 miles away, after killing them all in 11 minutes.

A reminder of the case. Bamber and his sister were both adopted by fairly wealthy parents. Bamber was a bit of a playboy and is supposed to have told ex-girlfriend Julie Mugford that he planned to kill his family to get their money earlier. The sister was a schizophrenic. So did he break in and kill them all or did the sister do it? He's still serving a whole life term and been inside 33 years but still protests his innocence.

He took a two-hour lie-detector in his prison cell in 2007 and though this is not admissible in court, he passed "with flying colours" said the expert, who also stands by his test and thinks he is innocent based on that.

Before you all jump on me I have no idea if he did it or not. Only he and 5 dead people know for sure. Yes he was convicted but there are too many little anomalies which separately don't make him innocent but all put together makes me, others and many legal experts uneasy.

Also the sister's blood wasn't congealed like the rest, suggesting that she died hours after the others.

Had the judge refused to accept a majority conviction, as he could have done, Bamber would have walked away an innocent man.

The whole life term imposed for murdering 5 people in cold blood means he'll die in jail with no chance of parole but the European court said this was unlawful and that the UK government should review his case. Here if you don't admit your guilt you will never be released so it would be in his best interests to admit it but he still vehemently protests his innocence.

Yes, this is a perplexing case...

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd December 2019, 09:01 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Glad someone agrees. The guy's always been fairly unlikeable and arrogant but that doesn't make him guilty.

Was reading all the threads on Websleuths about this last night and seems many people are uneasy about his conviction. Of course there are many posts that say "he was found guilty so he must be"

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: 3rd December 2019, 09:02 AM

+Quote this post
mald487
post 6th December 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 3 2019, 09:01 AM) *
Glad someone agrees. The guy's always been fairly unlikeable and arrogant but that doesn't make him guilty.

Was reading all the threads on Websleuths about this last night and seems many people are uneasy about his conviction. Of course there are many posts that say "he was found guilty so he must be"

I'm also unconvinced of his guilt. He doesn't strike me as a particularly likeable person but that isn't a crime.

Also, the way the extended family shuffled into the house not long after the deaths makes me rather uneasy.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 7th December 2019, 03:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yeah it was one of his cousins who "Found" the silencer on a shelf a few days after the police had supposedly searched it fully. They inherited everything but only because he went down as you can't profit from your murder victims.

I honestly don't know what to think. As others have said I hope he is guilty really cos 33 years is a long time to spend inside if he's not.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: 7th December 2019, 03:48 PM

+Quote this post
mald487
post 8th December 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 7 2019, 03:37 PM) *
Yeah it was one of his cousins who "Found" the silencer on a shelf a few days after the police had supposedly searched it fully.

That always struck me as very sketchy. Who goes snooping around a crime scene, and why? Then they very very conveniently end up with the inheritance.

I've read there was a lot of tension and drama in that family. Both him and his sister were adopted and spent large amounts of time away from home and had never really connected with the parents.

This post has been edited by mald487: 8th December 2019, 11:46 AM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 8th December 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(mald487 @ Dec 8 2019, 11:46 AM) *
That always struck me as very sketchy. Who goes snooping around a crime scene, and why? Then they very very conveniently end up with the inheritance.

I've read there was a lot of tension and drama in that family. Both him and his sister were adopted and spent large amounts of time away from home and had never really connected with the parents.

I don't think Bamber ever got on with the cousins who shared the inheritance and they didn't like him. There was the farmhouse and a lot of farmland, a caravan park and money too. They had quite a bit stashed away I read. Bamber never saw a penny as you can't inherit from someone you've murdered. I believe 4 cousins shared it and one has since died.

According to Bamber there was a big row between Sheila and her parents that afternoon as her mental health had deteriorated and they wanted to let the twins go to her ex, their father, for a break, but she was against it. He had joint custody so I read. What's to say she didn't flip later that night then? The housekeeper hated Jeremy too and vice-versa and she told police she was sure he'd done it as he often argued with his dad over money when she was there. She also said Neville told her Jeremy had threatened to kill them all for the money and blame Sheila. She said she was there and there was no argument between Sheila and the parents. She was daily, didn't live in.

Jeremy was apparently a very arrogant supercilious man and a playboy, liked the ladies and spending money but that still doesn't make him a killer does it? His dad is said to have refused to keep giving him money as he flitted from job to job and then gave him a job helping around the house and farm but Jeremy resented this as he thought he was above it. He thought they favoured Sheila all the time.

Apparently Neville had given one of the nephews a key for in an emergency and they went as soon as the police had finished there. Bamber didn't know they had a key or he wouldn't have let them go in. He wasn't arrested straight away as they thought it was a clearcase of murder and suicide by Sheila.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: 8th December 2019, 04:10 PM

+Quote this post
mald487
post 9th December 2019, 04:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

This might sound a bit ghoulish, but I am actually really looking forward to the ITV drama. I've always been a sucker for unsolved crimes or crimes where the verdict is I'm doubt.

This post has been edited by mald487: 9th December 2019, 04:23 PM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 9th December 2019, 04:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(mald487 @ Dec 9 2019, 04:23 PM) *
This might sound a bit ghoulish, but I am actually really looking forward to the ITV drama. I've always been a sucker for unsolved crimes or crimes where the verdict is I'm doubt.

I'm really looking forward to it too.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 9th January 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Did anyone see the first part last night then?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:49 PM