BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What do you want from AG6?, hopes for the future
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 2nd August 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Inspired by the following posts in the 'Boyfriend' thread:

QUOTE(HausofTove @ Aug 2 2019, 11:26 AM) *
This is decent. It's nothing revolutionary and in all honesty i've realised with this release my excitement for her as an artist is sort of wavering with every release that is just... Ariana by numbers. Churning out similar sounding songs ad infinitum so frequently - give us some light and shade, some change of pace, some exciting build up idk. I'll still listen and enjoy this though don't get me wrong, but I hope the album shifts it up quite dramatically.

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 2 2019, 11:57 AM) *
I like it but I definitely agree, I'm fed up of knowing pretty much exactly what I'll get from her! It's not identical to TUN or anything but it has too similar a vibe, it easily would have fit on that album. It's fine to have a sound as an artist, but with Dangerous Woman I really got Janet Jackson kind of vibes, taking risks but giving us great pop/R&B, this following TUN feels like a step back because it's just the same thing again. Maybe this is just a one-off single by itself though and isn't indicative of what we'll get next, fingers crossed!

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Aug 2 2019, 01:24 PM) *
This! I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this. Just let the eras breathe! It kinda stops me from fully stanning her because it seems she throws everything out at once and gets bored and moves on. It comes across to me like there's little consideration to what the fans want. She's surely aware of the adoration the likes of 'Greedy', 'Breathin'', 'NASA'/'Bloodline'/'Bad Idea' receive yet we just seem to get what she wants and the rest of us have to deal with it. I understand artistic integrity and all that but none of that matters without your fans.

I'm aware this might come across a bit hyperbole and I've no doubt Ariana does care about her fans a great deal, but that's the way it comes across to me, intentionally or not.

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 2 2019, 02:09 PM) *
Yeah. I like it, but I'm also getting a bit bored of the "Ariana on auto-pilot" thing we're getting atm. It annoys me when Drake and Ed do the same and get massive hits out of it, so it's starting to grate on me with Ari too, which is a shame as I love her so much and didn't think I'd ever feel that way about her.

I just think it's a good song, it's just not very memorable and not something I'd return back to much.

Just give us 'Bloodline' as a single, take a good 7 months + off and come back with another pop'n'b smash and we're away.

I'm intrigued by the Charlie's Angels stuff though coz I feel it's gonna be quite a bit more pop than her recent stuff.

Quite a few of you are finding yourselves a bit disinterested due to feeling like Ari's sound is stagnant right now. So, what do you want from her next single / era?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd August 2019, 01:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I want more poppy stuff. I feel like 'Bloodline' and 'Bad Idea' work perfectly for her and feel like step forwards into the next evolution for her. Just not this laidback, R&B, tailored to Spotify sound. I GET that that is what is a success nowadays, but she's in a position that she'd get a smash with whatever she releases and to just have an outright pop banger like those 2 I already stated or 'no tears left to cry' etc.. it'd feel like a refreshing change of pace for her.

EDIT: P.s. I'm willing to let 'Boyfriend' slide coz I DO like it and I honestly feel like it's just a stand alone single and she's just trying to help her friends Social House break through.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd August 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I agree with those who say that her next studio album should be at least a year away. The 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack is more than enough to tide me over as a fan and I'm worried about her being overexposed. For the next lead I'd love to see another unconventional ballad like 'no tears left to cry', that feels interesting musically but also shows off her greatest weapon - her voice. I loved the ethereal feel to that so I would be here for a similar vibe again, maybe spreading to a few different songs on the next album. For the whole package it would be great to have some slight genre-blending like 'Dangerous Woman' had. With a real mix of both R&B and pop moments, both slow and uptempo. I love 'thank u, next' as an album but I feel like another one of those would be a bit much. Also would be here for a dance feature or two on the side. But yes, definitely all of this after a well-earned break, she genuinely never stops.

Yeah I think you're right Jonjo! Same with Victoria on 'MONOPOLY'. So good of her to do this as so many people are saying that they hadn't heard of Social House until now.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd August 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Oh yes. A 12 month gap with a couple of dance features/collaborations in between (just so the public don't completely forget, we know how fickle they can be with popstars like Ari, especially female popstars) would help her I think.

I would love a proper 'One Kiss'/'Promises' type collaboration with Calvin, not 'Heatwave' (which is legit one of my least fave Ari songs).

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 4th August 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Songs which show off her vocals. She has a stunning voice but from thank u, next (overall) as well as the singles released since you'd have no idea sad.gif

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 4th August 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

i want pop bops and no mariah music box fillers

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th August 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

First thing I thought of was a We Belong Together type banger

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 4th August 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I really want her to work with new producers and not get too comfortable with her current formula with her friends.

She has this great opportunity to create anything she wants really. She experimented on Sweetener — whether people like that or not — and I would love to see her push herself in a new direction.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 4th August 2019, 07:49 PM

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 4th August 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Aug 4 2019, 08:48 PM) *
I really want her to work with new producers and not get too comfortable with her current formula with her friends.

She has this great opportunity to create anything she wants really. She experimented on Sweetener — whether people like that or not — and I would love to see her push herself in a new direction.

ia with this. i feel like her latest output is just becoming bit of a passion project.. which of course is great for her, but it is all just becoming a bit samey for the GP. she rly needs to work with some other people as much as it might out of her comfort zone

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th August 2019, 10:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon

An album full of One Last Time, Into You & no tears left to cry, with a couple of Thinking Bout You ballads thrown into the mix *.*

What an album that would be!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 4th August 2019, 11:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 4 2019, 11:49 PM) *
An album full of One Last Time, Into You & no tears left to cry, with a couple of Thinking Bout You ballads thrown into the mix *.*

What an album that would be!

OHHHHH HELLO!!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 4th August 2019, 11:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I want a gap tbh. After the Charlie’s Angel soundtrack I want a bit of a break just so she doesn’t become too overexposed. I want at least like a year gap from now and the next album.

Album sound wise I’d like something what showcases off that voice of hers! But I’d be up for her experimenting. I’d quite like some gospel like moments on there with a full choir. Like God Is A Woman meets Like A Prayer or more ethereal almost classical like tracks with a lack of collaborations another TUN with no features preferably.

But more than anything a break!!! Give her time to live life after the tour and let people miss her. That’s definitely the most important thing tbh another album coming out so soon would just feel a bit rushed. I feel so much more could’ve been done with sweetener but then TUN happened and again so much more could’ve been done with that but she seems like she’s moved on.

So yeah.

1. Take a break
2. Showcase off those vocals
Are my main hopes

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 4th August 2019, 11:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Aug 5 2019, 12:43 AM) *
I want a gap tbh. After the Charlie’s Angel soundtrack I want a bit of a break just so she doesn’t become too overexposed. I want at least like a year gap from now and the next album.

Album sound wise I’d like something what showcases off that voice of hers! But I’d be up for her experimenting. I’d quite like some gospel like moments on there with a full choir. Like God Is A Woman meets Like A Prayer or more ethereal almost classical like tracks with a lack of collaborations another TUN with no features preferably.

But more than anything a break!!! Give her time to live life after the tour and let people miss her. That’s definitely the most important thing tbh another album coming out so soon would just feel a bit rushed. I feel so much more could’ve been done with sweetener but then TUN happened and again so much more could’ve been done with that but she seems like she’s moved on.

So yeah.

1. Take a break
2. Showcase off those vocals
Are my main hopes

i cant see a break happening.. she's already made it clear that she aint gonna stick to the regular release strategy. she's got the angels soundtrack coming and just released boyfriend. that'll take her into Q4 and then she'll most likely have a sesh with her mates (probs already has tbh) and write something she thinks needs to be released asap. i like it. the whole single, 2nd single, album then further singles format is done now. she's cracked it. release a song when you think it's done, ready and or important at the time.

question is.. with her current release strategy, do you think we'll get another album..?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 5th August 2019, 10:15 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

QUOTE(jakewild @ Aug 5 2019, 12:58 AM) *
i cant see a break happening.. she's already made it clear that she aint gonna stick to the regular release strategy. she's got the angels soundtrack coming and just released boyfriend. that'll take her into Q4 and then she'll most likely have a sesh with her mates (probs already has tbh) and write something she thinks needs to be released asap. i like it. the whole single, 2nd single, album then further singles format is done now. she's cracked it. release a song when you think it's done, ready and or important at the time.

question is.. with her current release strategy, do you think we'll get another album..?

I do but my understanding was that boyfriend and the angels soundtrack aren’t part of her next era.

In Q4 too her Christmas EP will gather more streams and will keep her in the charts. Santa Tell Me will probably get another new peak this year.

I’m feeling like this next year (like from now until early to mid 2020) might be a bit like what Rihanna was like in 2015 were we did get singles but no album. I vaguely remember a tweet saying she’s not releasing another new album but TUN was recorded in like under a month wasn’t it so I just don’t know. I personally feel like we’re not gonna get AG6 this year though.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 5th August 2019, 10:16 AM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:33 PM