BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, 16/11/18 | Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Eddie Redmayne
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 27th September 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #21
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
The first Fantastic Beasts was amazing and this looks set to top that, cannot wait.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
David William
post 1st November 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #22
Group icon
New Entry
User: 78,378
Fantastic Beasts is one of my favorite movies. The theme story of this movie is outstanding.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 14th November 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Just seen this in a double bill at the cinema - AMAZING! Full write up coming in spoilers to #Keepthesecret but AMAZING.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 15th November 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
I had such high expectations and they were most certainly met!

For someone who really hadn't seen Jude Law in anything, he was AMAZING as Dumbledore and that was a concern for me prior to watching. He just has the allure of Dumbledore and the calmness which Michael Gambon could only aspire to laugh.gif I know there is a controversy over the casting of Depp but his acting was spectacular and several times throughout the film I genuinely got chills by how amazing he was. The politics aside, he really did portray a tricky and complex character brilliantly. The plot I can only recall lulled at one point and the rest of the time I was on the edge of my seat. I cannot get over Leta *insert sad face emoji* and that ending was AMAZING. It really was not expected and was just so on point to nod towards what would eventually happen to Grindelwald in 1945. So so so informed by the books, it was brilliant wub.gif I do feel Flamel was unnecessary tho....

I really can't remember enjoying a film on first watch as much as I did last night! It had such a balance of comedy, humour, fantasy, an all round package really. I did feel the introduction was VERY dark but that didn't set the theme for the film so I shan't complain.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 17th November 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
fell asleep for the first half, oops! (I'm tired!) so can't really rate it fairly, the second half was quite action-packed with a few complicated family-tree explanations of who was who. I like most of the cast and characters, but found Depp's accent and OTT performance mildly annoying, and the ongoing inability of Newt to actually SAY something when it comes to feelings annoying as well - not unrealistic, true for so many men - but Redmayne's insecurity/indecisive portrayal just a tad too much except in small doses. Hoping there is personal growth plotted into the next one, cos this is very much Part 1 of 2. Still loving the period setting, just beautiful.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:38 AM