BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> All out Warren: Diane Warren's Greatest Hits
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JCM20
post Jun 3 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 22,819
Paloma Faith, Only Love Can Hurt Like This (2014)

UK chart peak: No.6
OCC sales: 870,079

Paloma Faith may have taken a lot of convincing to record this smouldering retro soul anthem, but it paid off big time, delivering her hugest hit to date.

Aerosmith, I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing (1989)

UK chart peak: No.4
OCC Sales: 1,424,519

Brilliantly ludicrous blockbuster movie Armageddon needed a ludicrously brilliant soundtrack to match, and Warren came up trumps with this power ballad that gave the Toxic Twins their first US No.1, after more than 20 years of trying. Respect.

LeAnn Rimes, How Do I Live? (1997)

UK chart peak: No.7
OCC sales: 828,899

Warren proves she can do country music just as well as pop with a slowburn anthem that stayed on the US charts for over a year. It’s also impossible to go to karaoke without hearing someone slaughtering it.

Toni Braxton, Un-break My Heart (1996)

UK chart peak: No.2
OCC sales: 989,814

Braxton wasn’t initially a fan of this ballad-to-end-all-ballads, but it went on to be one of the biggest US hits ever. Weezer’s version is also pretty cool, if you fancy checking it out.

Starship, Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now (1987)

UK chart peak: No.1
OCC sales: 410,369

Another classic Warren movie song, albeit it from a less-than-classic movie (slightly weird US teen rom-com Mannequin), this song did the seemingly impossible and gave hoary old hippies Starship a worldwide No.1.

* All sales figures post-1994
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
fiesta
post Jun 3 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 232
If the 700000 sales from the 80's is added it takes Starships total over a million
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:46 PM