BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SUPERGIRL, PREMIER MONDAY OCTOBER 26TH 8.30PM | CBS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Jun 16 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
I realise this thread is up really early but since the first look Trailer is out and the pilot has leaked I see no reason to hold it back.

The first episode of the new season of The Big Bang Theory is the lead in for Supergirl. It's premier will be at 8.30 on Monday 26th October and every Monday after that at 8pm.

The pilot is already online because it was shown at some sort of convention thing already so if you can't wait until October to watch you can see it already tongue.gif I've watched it and fair to say I was impressed. It's by the same people that are doing The Flash and it's quite similar in some respects so if you enjoy the flash you'll more than likely like it.

If you are going to wait until October then here is the first look Trailer from CBS.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 25 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
yes, the trailer is very much in the same vein as The Flash. The Legends of DC trailer featuring all of the TV DC heroes seen in Flash and Arrow also looks very good!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 10 2015, 09:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
just seen the pilot, yes all pretty good, I prefer it to The Flash which I enjoy quite a bit (based on one episode) though I am a long-time Supergirl fan (as a member of Legion Of Super-Heroes) so I might be biased tongue.gif

Supergirl never caught on outside comics, TV didn't have the cash to do it convincingly and the film was too light-hearted, but now TV can do superheroes justice pretty much, and they do. I'll be watching it!

+Quote this post
syr
post Sep 13 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,444
i watched two E and i didn't like to be honest sad.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post Jan 26 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I just realised this hasn't even received a proper conversation yet laugh.gif 11 episodes in now and it's definitely my favourite of the new shows to air last year. Also episode 11 "Strange Visitor From Another Planet" is my favourite episode so far.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jan 27 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I've been watching this and I am loving it, but I'm finding it so hard to buy Calista Flockhart as a super bitch. It's just not altogether that convincing.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Jan 28 2016, 12:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Oh I think Callista NAILS IT, she took a few episodes to warm into it but they've done some excellent writing for her, plus her scenes with Kara are usually the strongest in the show. It's interesting to see such a strong female dynamic at the core of one of these shows and it's really nice. Plus Callista and Melissa just work really well together, which must make it a lot easier.

As for the show, it's definitely my favourite new show of this TV season too, it's very much in the same mould as The Flash (charismatic, likable, goofy lead who totally carries the otherwise not quite amazing show).

+Quote this post
Qween
post Feb 3 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
So, there's an official crossover with The Flash on the March 28th episode of this, YAAS.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 3 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I agree. Callista is fantastic playing who she is. It was especially disconcerting to see her so nice in the last episode when Kara was dating Adam though wacko.gif

A supergirl flash crossover Though. Really excited for that!! Is that for the season 1 Finale? *.*

+Quote this post
Qween
post Feb 3 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
I wouldn't imagine so, we have 8 more episodes this season and I doubt they'd finish it as early as March, my guess would be maybe episode 18 as mid-April finales are quite common on CBS, especially with the lower episode count.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Apr 2 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Did anyone watch the crossover with The Flash? The whole season hit a new high for me. The whole thing was really enjoyable and the time away from the DEO has actually made me realise how much the show needs the DEO on it.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 2 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
To be honest, I think that might be the best episode of TV in 2016 so far. It was just UTTERLY JOY FILLED. Grant and Melissa together is gold, Cat got some incredible lines and even WORST CHARACTER EVER Lucy wasn't a hideous void (even if I still want her gone).

+Quote this post
JSG
post Apr 3 2016, 11:23 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yeah I agree. I could do with Lucy leaving the Show. She is a thoroughly unlikeable character which is a shame since Lois is generally Sweet on the other shows she's been in.

I forgot to mention also the episode where Kara went bad was really something special too! I was on the edge of my seat for the whole episode and when supergirl threw Kat off the balcony at Catco it was just amazing to watch as much as I didn't want her to get killed obviously but I really had no idea if Supergirl was going to save her.

Supergirl has easily been my fave new show of the last new shows to air at the end of last year and I really can't see it being beaten by anything else anytime soon!

+Quote this post
Severin
post Apr 3 2016, 11:23 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
As someone who watches The Flash but not Supergirl I decided to tune in just to see if it was any good.
And it was okay. Some fun moments and the two leads gelled really well. The rest of it seemed like a cheaper version of The Flash with some poor cgi and hammy acting from the villains. So, like The Flash but a bit worse. Doubt I'll bother especially but if it's on and I'm bored I'll watch.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 3 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
The CGI ie handle by the exact same.production company, so I think it looks very similar all told. The only bad bit is thr flying, which is largely because it's in close up. The Flash also looks awful in any/all close up running sequences. But yes, the villains in this episode were undoubtedly hamming it up to the max. That's not actually been thr case at all for the rest of the season though, indeed most have been decidedly understated.

As a show I can't really choose between it or The Flash becsuse both represent superheroism at its best, but in different ways.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Apr 3 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
QUOTE(Qween @ Apr 3 2016, 01:49 PM) *
The CGI ie handle by the exact same.production company, so I think it looks very similar all told. The only bad bit is thr flying, which is largely because it's in close up. The Flash also looks awful in any/all close up running sequences. But yes, the villains in this episode were undoubtedly hamming it up to the max. That's not actually been thr case at all for the rest of the season though, indeed most have been decidedly understated.

As a show I can't really choose between it or The Flash becsuse both represent superheroism at its best, but in different ways.

Yeah The Flash is a bit up and down with its CGI too, so may just have been an unfortunate one to grade that aspect on.
I didn't hate it, on the contrary, it was fun enough but I don't have time for another show right now and I'd rather watch Gotham or Arrow as I prefer my superheroes to be a bit messed up and darker.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 3 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Yeah, fair enough on that (I hate Gotham and I'm not hugely keen on Arrow) because in general I prefer them to be light and funny and filled with hope for humanity.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Apr 3 2016, 07:41 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Qween @ Apr 3 2016, 07:55 PM) *
Yeah, fair enough on that (I hate Gotham and I'm not hugely keen on Arrow) because in general I prefer them to be light and funny and filled with hope for humanity.

I'm with you on this one. i really don't prefer the darker shows either.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 22 2016, 12:54 AM
Post #19
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Supergirl is officially moving to the CW for season 2!

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/melissa-be...-cw-1201778858/

Keep your eyes peeled for an ultimate Arrowverse crossover, excite cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 22 2016, 10:43 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I'm weeks behind on Supergirl, it's light and frothy but could benefit from more of a dramatic arc. Cat is fab, Lucy is Lucy - in the comics she was always a spoilt bully of Jimmy, which made sense as Jimmy was a bit of a dim and well-meaning loveable ginger (which is why he got the signal-watch and Lois didn't!). This version is nothing like that, he's black, hot, cool and self-assured so it doesn't make sense he would put up with Lucy.

The Flash is fab, the right mixture of fluff and dark. I don't watch either Gotham or Arrow as I can't tolerate shows without a sense of humour. Life is often grim but there is always humour to make it bearable, even shows as dark as X-Files had humour, to the point of farce sometimes. It's not realistic to have darkness without light just as much as lightness without dark in drama.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:23 AM