BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

52 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Coronavirus Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
common sense
post Nov 27 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #961
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

From The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13319956/coro...m_source=pushly

EASTER Monday has been pencilled in for the lifting of strict Covid tiers, The Sun can reveal.

Boris Johnson hopes coronavirus cases will have tailed off by April 5.

The news dashes hopes that new vaccines will lead to a swifter end to the crisis ó and it will further enrage Tory MPs already threatening mutiny when tough measures are voted on next week.

It will also reignite calls for more financial support for crippled pubs and restaurants.

But the PM is determined to put the NHS first ó and believes he will have to wait until after Covidís winter peak in February and March to ease his grip.

A senior government source told The Sun: ďBoris will not countenance hospitals overflowing like they did in Italy.

ďNor can we get to the stage where we have to cancel operations and treatments. In all likelihood, the tiers have to stay.Ē

Yesterday, Mr Johnson tried to reassure people their areas could be moved into lower tiers if and when infection rates fall.

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: Nov 27 2020, 09:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
common sense
post Nov 27 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #962
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

So there you have it folks. The vaccine won't mean we're suddenly back to normal. Not that any of us here thought it would.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 27 2020, 09:47 PM
Post #963
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Nov 27 2020, 09:37 PM) *
So there you have it folks. The vaccine won't mean we're suddenly back to normal. Not that any of us here thought it would.

It doesnít help when the press publish such utter rubbish or, to go back to your earlier posts, news channels give airtime to people who are misinformed.

+Quote Post
steve201
post Nov 27 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #964
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Nov 27 2020, 10:22 AM) *
That's if you're believing the numbers. I'm starting to become seriously sceptical of them now. How can there be 600+ deaths every day this week? We're nearly a month through a full lockdown and it's not as if people most vulnerable weren't being super cautious before that anyway. I definitely think the numbers are being inflated just to justify the measures. People are challenging the government decisions but are afraid to challenge the numbers as they take them as pure facts.

They are probably downplaying them if anything as anyone that dies after day 28 isn’t recorded. When most get to day 21 before they either recover or deteriorate

This post has been edited by Steve201: Nov 27 2020, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Nov 27 2020, 10:15 PM
Post #965
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

The vaccine was never going to be an instant solution. You need to inoculate 10s of millions of people and most vaccinations you need 2 doses a few weeks apart. It'd take a few months or so until a high enough amount of people are vaccinated to start getting herd immunity or at least for those most at risk to be vacciated.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 27 2020, 10:35 PM
Post #966
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Nov 27 2020, 10:15 PM) *
The vaccine was never going to be an instant solution. You need to inoculate 10s of millions of people and most vaccinations you need 2 doses a few weeks apart. It'd take a few months or so until a high enough amount of people are vaccinated to start getting herd immunity or at least for those most at risk to be vacciated.

Which is what we have all been told and makes total sense. Let's hope we have a warm April!

+Quote Post
Dobbo.
post Nov 29 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #967
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Remember when BoJo said we'd be back to normal by November this year? Any baseless predictions he makes on a "return to normality" should be completely ignored.

+Quote Post
common sense
post Nov 29 2020, 10:14 AM
Post #968
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Nov 29 2020, 10:10 AM) *
Remember when BoJo said we'd be back to normal by November this year? Any baseless predictions he makes on a "return to normality" should be completely ignored.

Well to be fair he doesn't have a crystal ball. None of us do.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 29 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #969
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Nov 29 2020, 10:14 AM) *
Well to be fair he doesn't have a crystal ball. None of us do.

So why does he keep making such idiotic statements? Turn the tide in 12 weeks - eight months ago. Back to normal by Christmas. Not to mention puerile nonsense such as send Coronavirus packing as if all we needed to do was stand on the white cliffs of Dover and wave Union flags at the virus.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Nov 29 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #970
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Iím quite anxious that the government are so adamant that schools canít close a week early for Christmas. Basically, if I receive a positive test during that last week of term, I have to be alone for Christmas. I donít think itíll happen but itís just one more thing to add to my anxiety.

+Quote Post
common sense
post Nov 29 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #971
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 29 2020, 10:25 AM) *
So why does he keep making such idiotic statements? Turn the tide in 12 weeks - eight months ago. Back to normal by Christmas. Not to mention puerile nonsense such as send Coronavirus packing as if all we needed to do was stand on the white cliffs of Dover and wave Union flags at the virus.

It's populist talk that people want to hear to cheer them up and Boris is good at them.

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: Nov 29 2020, 11:45 AM

+Quote Post
common sense
post Nov 29 2020, 11:46 AM
Post #972
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Nov 29 2020, 10:31 AM) *
Iím quite anxious that the government are so adamant that schools canít close a week early for Christmas. Basically, if I receive a positive test during that last week of term, I have to be alone for Christmas. I donít think itíll happen but itís just one more thing to add to my anxiety.

To be fair I agree with the Government and feel that schools have had enough time off already this year.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 29 2020, 12:11 PM
Post #973
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Nov 29 2020, 11:43 AM) *
It's populist talk that people want to hear to cheer them up and Boris is good at them.

Thatís not his job. He should be honest but, unfortunately, that is completely alien to him.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Nov 29 2020, 12:36 PM
Post #974
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Nov 29 2020, 11:46 AM) *
To be fair I agree with the Government and feel that schools have had enough time off already this year.

Itís not about missing school, itís about what is right for the health and well being of students and staff.

Staff were not Ďoffí all year and would not be Ďoffí in this hypothetical week. Students should not have been Ďoffí all year as work was continually provided for them and that would be the case in this hypothetical week.

Besides, the week before Christmas is never an essential week with much focus on seasonal activities. These could easily be done from home.

But I guess my physical and mental health is just not important to you.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Nov 29 2020, 01:00 PM
Post #975
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(T Boy @ Nov 29 2020, 12:36 PM) *
Itís not about missing school, itís about what is right for the health and well being of students and staff.

Staff were not Ďoffí all year and would not be Ďoffí in this hypothetical week. Students should not have been Ďoffí all year as work was continually provided for them and that would be the case in this hypothetical week.

Besides, the week before Christmas is never an essential week with much focus on seasonal activities. These could easily be done from home.

But I guess my physical and mental health is just not important to you.

Completely agree. I don't ever remember a time when we didn't do Christmas activities in the last week of term. Why the kids are still at school when the evidence was there that the spike was at the beginning of September.

There was no spike when the pubs and restaurants opened and they are the ones that are really going to come out of this the worst, all because the Government wanted people to stop home-schooling and going back to work so they could buy their £6 Pret sandwiches. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
steve201
post Nov 29 2020, 03:32 PM
Post #976
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Yeh im surprised school isnít set to end on the 15th for 3-4 weeks would make sense

+Quote Post
common sense
post Nov 29 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #977
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Oliver @ Nov 29 2020, 01:00 PM) *
Completely agree. I don't ever remember a time when we didn't do Christmas activities in the last week of term.

Surely you're remembering primary school though? Don't think secondary schools have nativity plays. At least my daughter's never did. Maybe just one carol service.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Nov 29 2020, 05:32 PM
Post #978
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sixth Sense @ Nov 29 2020, 05:25 PM) *
Surely you're remembering primary school though? Don't think secondary schools have nativity plays. At least my daughter's never did. Maybe just one carol service.

Itís not just things like that (that are barely happening this year due to restrictions anyway) but itís generally seen as a wind down week with Ďguní Christmas themed activities in lessons and treats for kids that have worked hard. All of this could be done from home.

Fact is, thereís no point in the five days of lifted restrictions if youíre self isolating.

+Quote Post
common sense
post Nov 29 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #979
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

So SAGE is advising us to keep Christmas shopping to 15 minutes if possible. Yeah good luck with that. laugh.gif Takes so long to get in to some stores and again to queue and check out.

+Quote Post
Quarantilas
post Nov 29 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #980
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Scotland is considering an extended Christmas break and bringing everyone back uniformly across the country on the 10th of Jan (i think) - effectively more than 14 days after xmas to avoid any superspreading in schools from mass xmas gatherings that we know will take place regardless of what the law says

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2021 - 02:19 AM