BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
52 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronavirus Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 23rd November 2020, 06:03 PM
Post #921
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(JustSnakeyHoney @ Nov 23 2020, 01:47 PM) *
But that's unfortunately all that's needed to spread the virus as many people will just forget all rules for those few days. We will be back with rises in hospitalisations and a new lockdown in January probably sad.gif

That’s all well and good for you to preach but don’t you live with your immediate family? I live alone and just want to see my parents, brother and possibly grandparents on the day. I’ve already come to terms with not being able to see my sister even though we haven’t seen her since last Christmas. I wonder if you’d be so quick to condemn the desire of others to spend a day or two with their families if you lived alone.

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Nov 23 2020, 01:52 PM) *
I never really got the Christmas fascination anyway, but with the impeding vaccine news I really don't understand it. It feels like there's now an end in sight and I'm quite happy to spend 3 more months shacked up not doing anything and life becoming more normal again as the nights draw out and it gets a bit warmer.

If I was living shacked up with nothing to do then this would be ok. But I’m literally spending every day with members of up to 350 families with very little social distancing and crap mask use. If it’s ok for me to do that then I don’t see why anyone should begrudge me a day or two with my family (like 4-6 people) over the festive season. I’m more likely to catch this at work but very few care about that.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 23rd November 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #922
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

It looks like there's going to be another TV special from Boris at 7 PM. I don't get why they need to do this when it's already on the news for the whole day today and it's basically him just parroting what he said would happen the last time he did one of these.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 23rd November 2020, 06:35 PM
Post #923
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

I can understand wanting Christmas to happen but is it really worth it? I mean loads of other religions such as Muslims and the Jewish community have had their celebrations effected so we all have sacrifices to make for one year.

But it’ll be the same as the summer and people will do what they want and the government can’t police everything.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd November 2020, 06:36 PM
Post #924
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I think we also need to be more respectful in this debate of the people who had the opportunity to celebrate Eid or Diwali with their families ripped out from under them. While this is a minority in the UK, and in the wider „Christian“ „Western“ World, it’s still worth acknowledging and being respectful of the sacrifice that they made.

I am flying home for Xmas and have had no intention of doing otherwise this entire pandemic. I live in a different country from my family and having spent so so so so so much of this year completely alone I need the family time. I plan to go into effective quarantine in the run up to my trip and bring all my contact with the outside world to a bare minimum before I fly so that I’m not bringing something with me and I will take as many tests as are required. I wear a mask I do my best to maintain distance I do what is reasonably required of me and in return I will go home for 9 days at Christmas. I don’t mind being quarantined but I do hope that I can take a test to curtail it and meet my friends for an afternoon.

We all need to make our own calculations and make the right choice for our mental well-being keeping in mind the challenges we live under

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 23rd November 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #925
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Nov 23 2020, 06:35 PM) *
I can understand wanting Christmas to happen but is it really worth it? I mean loads of other religions such as Muslims and the Jewish community have had their celebrations effected so we all have sacrifices to make for one year.

But it’ll be the same as the summer and people will do what they want and the government can’t police everything.

Christians also had to abandon plans for Easter but let’s not pretend this is even about religion, Christmas has become extremely secular in recent times.

And I beg to differ about the Summer. People did what they were told they were allowed to do and then got blamed by the government for doing it. A minority of people broke rules but people like to look down their noses and scoff at people so they make out like the country was going haywire.

And yes, we could sacrifice Christmas. I’d hate to feel though that my 88 year old grandad sacrificed his last Christmas if he died of something unrelated next year. I don’t see why I’m being judged for wanting to gather with 5 other people on one day when we’ve been making sacrifices all year and all still socially distance, sanitise our hands and wear masks. I don’t see why I’m ok to be surrounded by up to 150 different children a day who don’t follow the rules and I don’t know where they’ve been but I can’t see 5 people I know are taking precautions and can trust for a few hours on one day.

Maybe I’m just selfish though.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 23rd November 2020, 10:16 PM
Post #926
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Thanks to Ivo Graham for the geekiest joke I have seen in a long time.

Pfizer vaccine - effective, protective and safe
Moderna vaccine - effective, protective and safe
Oxford vaccine - effective, protective, and safe

HINT - Think Vampire Weekend

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 23rd November 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #927
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(T Boy @ Nov 23 2020, 06:53 PM) *
Christians also had to abandon plans for Easter but let’s not pretend this is even about religion, Christmas has become extremely secular in recent times.

And I beg to differ about the Summer. People did what they were told they were allowed to do and then got blamed by the government for doing it. A minority of people broke rules but people like to look down their noses and scoff at people so they make out like the country was going haywire.

And yes, we could sacrifice Christmas. I’d hate to feel though that my 88 year old grandad sacrificed his last Christmas if he died of something unrelated next year. I don’t see why I’m being judged for wanting to gather with 5 other people on one day when we’ve been making sacrifices all year and all still socially distance, sanitise our hands and wear masks. I don’t see why I’m ok to be surrounded by up to 150 different children a day who don’t follow the rules and I don’t know where they’ve been but I can’t see 5 people I know are taking precautions and can trust for a few hours on one day.

Maybe I’m just selfish though.

That post wasn’t remotely related to your specific situation it was me giving my opinion on the overall situation.

A lot of scenes I saw during the summer showed people being outraged that they had to cut short holidays because the government closed the open flights to certain destinations. I know there were no restrictions then but during a global pandemic it was pretty stupid to go on holiday if you booked it after the lockdown struck. It doesn’t take the government to tell you that. So we should all make decisions based on our own circumstances.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 23rd November 2020, 10:35 PM
Post #928
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 23 2020, 10:16 PM) *
Thanks to Ivo Graham for the geekiest joke I have seen in a long time.

Pfizer vaccine - effective, protective and safe
Moderna vaccine - effective, protective and safe
Oxford vaccine - effective, protective, and safe

HINT - Think Vampire Weekend

laugh.gif

I've seen those English dramas, too!

I really enjoyed Ivo Graham's Lock Inn Pub Quiz, shame that came to an end in August !

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 24th November 2020, 08:13 AM
Post #929
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Nov 23 2020, 10:35 PM) *
laugh.gif

I've seen those English dramas, too!

biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 24th November 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #930
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

QUOTE(T Boy @ Nov 23 2020, 06:03 PM) *
That’s all well and good for you to preach but don’t you live with your immediate family? I live alone and just want to see my parents, brother and possibly grandparents on the day. I’ve already come to terms with not being able to see my sister even though we haven’t seen her since last Christmas. I wonder if you’d be so quick to condemn the desire of others to spend a day or two with their families if you lived alone.
If I was living shacked up with nothing to do then this would be ok. But I’m literally spending every day with members of up to 350 families with very little social distancing and crap mask use. If it’s ok for me to do that then I don’t see why anyone should begrudge me a day or two with my family (like 4-6 people) over the festive season. I’m more likely to catch this at work but very few care about that.

Wasn't referring to people living on their own meeting with a few family members in my comments, sorry. Yes if I lived alone I would want to visit my parents for Christmas. I was more referring to larger gatherings.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 24th November 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #931
Group icon

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 24th November 2020, 07:18 PM
Post #932
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

That means I can’t see the five other people I wanted to. So do I, my brother, my parents or my grandparents sit it out?

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 24th November 2020, 08:09 PM
Post #933
Group icon

QUOTE(T Boy @ Nov 24 2020, 07:18 PM) *
That means I can’t see the five other people I wanted to. So do I, my brother, my parents or my grandparents sit it out?

Are you a single person household? I think in that case you can already be in a support bubble with either your parents or grandparents and nobody would need to sit it out.. would be my interpretation.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 24th November 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #934
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Nov 24 2020, 08:09 PM) *
Are you a single person household? I think in that case you can already be in a support bubble with either your parents or grandparents and nobody would need to sit it out.. would be my interpretation.

Actually I’ve just read that, so we can do Christmas as me and my brother are both in single person households. At this rate we could even have my sister too, though it’s doubtful she’ll be there this year.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 25th November 2020, 10:54 AM
Post #935
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Rumour doing the rounds at the moment is most of the country will be in Tier 2 or Tier 3.

So some good examples e.g. Kent is likely to be in Tier 3 as a whole rather than my council area. Which I imagine won't go down too well when you have extremely high areas (Thanet) and extremely low areas (Tunbridge Wells).

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 25th November 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #936
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

So basically the only difference is people can go the gym and get their hair cut? Small victories I guess...

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 25th November 2020, 03:38 PM
Post #937
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 25 2020, 10:54 AM) *
Rumour doing the rounds at the moment is most of the country will be in Tier 2 or Tier 3.

So some good examples e.g. Kent is likely to be in Tier 3 as a whole rather than my council area. Which I imagine won't go down too well when you have extremely high areas (Thanet) and extremely low areas (Tunbridge Wells).

Yes rumours that hardly any area going in to Tier 1 this time.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 25th November 2020, 03:50 PM
Post #938
Group icon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 25 2020, 10:54 AM) *

Do we know if Devon is going in Tier 1?

Oh, nevermind - apparently Bucks,Beds,Herts,Sussex,Hants,Dorset,Devon,Cornwall,Somerset,Suffolk,Cambs,
Hereford,Worcs are all for Tier 1. Good times ! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 25th November 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #939
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Nov 25 2020, 03:50 PM) *
Do we know if Devon is going in Tier 1?

Oh, nevermind - apparently Bucks,Beds,Herts,Sussex,Hants,Dorset,Devon,Cornwall,Somerset,Suffolk,Cambs,
Hereford,Worcs are all for Tier 1. Good times ! biggrin.gif

Goes well for the North/South divide!

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 25th November 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #940
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

My guess is London will be in Tier 2. Cases and deaths have been falling.

A 13 day old baby with no underlying health conditions has become the UK's youngest victim so far. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Sixth Sense: 25th November 2020, 04:04 PM

+Quote this post

52 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:40 AM