BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
53 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SomethInc. New • Girls Aloud General Discussion, Girls Aloud are back on Instagram and Twitter!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Mar 15 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #741
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I tend to avoid reading those sort of things because it just makes me sad and taints the memories I have of Girls Aloud growing up. I get people fall out of touch and all the girls are only human and shouldn't be forced to be the best of friends because that's what other people want, but it just sounds like some of them were never really particularly great friends ever. They were just part of a business rather than having a personal passion for the band and for one another. Kind of just makes you think what was the point?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Mar 15 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #742
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Yeah it makes me quite upset to see how distant they are (and seemingly always have been?) too. I don't need them to pretend they're all besties, but there doesn't even seem to be a mutual respect between certain members despite all the time they spent together.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 16 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #743
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,061

I blame Kimberley

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 24 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #744
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Sexy! No No No...' came on shuffle while I was running earlier and sounded amazing as ever, so exhilarating and experimental for them wub.gif that lead me to re-watch the music video as well and I love that so much too, my favourite song and video package by them for sure.

(I think I've mentioned this before but there should definitely be a plug.dj session for all their music videos at some point, so many killer singles! I'd be more than happy to host one if the demand was there)

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jun 24 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #745

What a fab idea!! Could coincide with a music video rate in here perhaps, been a while since we did one of them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 24 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #746
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Something Kinda Ooooh to win *.*

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 24 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #747

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jun 24 2018, 06:55 PM) *
What a fab idea!! Could coincide with a music video rate in here perhaps, been a while since we did one of them biggrin.gif

Ooh yes, I don't think I've ever participated in a GA music video rate before so the last one must've been a good while ago. Would love this!

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 26 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #748
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

Loving this idea! *.*

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 3 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #749

I'd love it if Girls Aloud were ever to do something like this (my bank account wouldn't, mind you x) - https://bananarama.tmstor.es

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 24 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #750

Random: Cheryl's Fight For This Love video on her Vevo page has become unavailable ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umc87T5UMs

The video is now only available to view via the Polydor YouTube channel.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Nov 12 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #751
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The forum climbs to Number 8 this week.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 3 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #752

It's Christmas time again so the banner is BACK *.*

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jan 25 2020, 03:20 AM
Post #753

Nadine Coyle says launching a Girls Aloud reunion would be like "moving a mountain".

The girl band, which shot to fame in 2002 on TV talent show Popstars: The Rivals, went on hiatus on 2009 before splitting in 2013.

Derry native Nadine (34) told Hello! magazine: "People are always asking if we'll do something for our 20-year anniversary. It would be nice, but it takes so much, it's like moving a mountain. So many people are involved."

She said reviving the band with Cheryl, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh "would take a lot of planning and organising".

The singer said her confidence drained away during her time in the chart-topping five-piece.

"I was losing sight of myself and started to get anxiety and stress," she said.

"You work at such a pace you don't have time to sit with yourself."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertai...e-38875239.html

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jan 26 2020, 12:46 AM
Post #754
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

For 2022 I could sort of see them doing a handful of UK shows but not pushing any new material. (Which I’d be fine with tbh. Out Of Control for me was their best album so that being their final album means they sort of ended on a high and I wouldn’t want a rushed half assed album put out just for the sake of it, like they’d all need to be fully 100% on board).

So yeah another hits tour for the anniversary I could see happening.

It’s not impossible and with the right amount of £££ I think they could all get together at some point.

I’d love to see them again! Such a good singles discography.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jan 26 2020, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Jan 27 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #755
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jan 26 2020, 12:46 AM) *
For 2022 I could sort of see them doing a handful of UK shows but not pushing any new material. (Which I’d be fine with tbh. Out Of Control for me was their best album so that being their final album means they sort of ended on a high and I wouldn’t want a rushed half assed album put out just for the sake of it, like they’d all need to be fully 100% on board).

So yeah another hits tour for the anniversary I could see happening.

It’s not impossible and with the right amount of £££ I think they could all get together at some point.

I’d love to see them again! Such a good singles discography.

This seems sensible actually. I think they would do well to take the route All Saints did when they came back - theirs was initially just touring their old hits whilst supporting Backstreet Boys, which then gave them the hunger to do their 'Red Flag' and 'Testament' albums and subsequent tours for those, and for me they're the best albums of their career.

But yeah definitely give it a couple more years and the nostalgia will be widely there for them to tour again. I remember reading Lauren Bravo's book 'What Would The Spice Girls Do?' last year, and she said the reason why there's been such nostalgia for the Spice Girls over the last couple of years is because it takes exactly two decades for people to realise and appreciate the brilliance of the music, hence why there was a big ABBA revival at the turn of the millennium. I subscribe wholly to that theory now.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Mar 4 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #756

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, Kimberley said: “I saw Nadine the other day in London and it was so nice to catch up with her. It’s been a while.

“We just bumped into each other at an event. It made me feel nostalgic.”

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 5 2020, 11:14 PM
Post #757
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Good to see them building bridges and maybe its one step closer to a reunion.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 1 2020, 09:50 AM
Post #758

Calling all Girls Aloud stans - what is available from their discography on vinyl?

I've bought a 'Wake Me Up' picture disc and have my eye on one for 'The Promise' as well, just wanted to know what else is out there?

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Apr 1 2020, 10:02 AM
Post #759
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 1 2020, 10:50 AM) *
Calling all Girls Aloud stans - what is available from their discography on vinyl?

I've bought a 'Wake Me Up' picture disc and have my eye on one for 'The Promise' as well, just wanted to know what else is out there?

I think only selected singles. I had a look this week on Discogs and there's none of the albums on vinyl cry.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 1 2020, 10:06 AM
Post #760

QUOTE(Vülker @ Apr 1 2020, 11:02 AM) *
I think only selected singles. I had a look this week on Discogs and there's none of the albums on vinyl cry.gif

That timing with both of us looking this week laugh.gif just had a browse on Discogs and I see that 'Love Machine' and the rest of the 'Out Of Control' singles definitely have picture discs too. Imma need a boxset of all their albums on vinyl one day! 'Tangled Up' is definitely one of my most wanted items <3

+Quote Post

53 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:45 AM