BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What are you watching/recommending?, Discuss what you're watching here!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Jan 29 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494
so yesterday, (despite the fact i was going to watch black widdow), i actually ended up watching keith lemmon the movie

it's hilarious- but the story is not what you'd expect at all. you'd think it would revolve around celebrity juice or something, but no. it's actually really funny and an original story
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 3 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
I've just taken a journey back in time and watched both of The Lion King movies wub.gif
They are just so so good and it left me kinda emotional really. They made me think back of the time when I was a kid (The first movie came out in The Nethelrands just a day after I was born). It has always been a favourite of mine.

I think this is one of the few movies where the first and second movie are equally good

This post has been edited by *Tim: Feb 3 2014, 06:39 PM

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Feb 3 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 3 2014, 06:38 PM) *
I've just taken a journey back in time and watched both of The Lion King movies wub.gif
They are just so so good and it left me kinda emotional really. They made me think back of the time when I was a kid (The first movie came out in The Nethelrands just a day after I was born). It has always been a favourite of mine.

I think this is one of the few movies where the first and second movie are equally good

i watched that originally, and i also watched it when it was re released

i love that movie, especially simba. he is just so cute

soundtrack is done really well too... love it

latest movie i saw was we're the millers. about this drug smuggling pretend family

highly amusing

lol

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 3 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
I know right? The music in the movie is incredible! I've got the soundtrack cd on my ipod now wub.gif

The part of Can You Feel The Love Tonight where they're in the jungle and and the moment Simba becomes king of Pride Rock cry.gif

This post has been edited by *Tim: Feb 3 2014, 08:48 PM

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Feb 3 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 3 2014, 08:47 PM) *
I know right? The music in the movie is incredible! I've got the soundtrack cd on my ipod now wub.gif

The part of Can You Feel The Love Tonight where they're in the jungle and and the moment Simba becomes king of Pride Rock cry.gif

i like that peace of music, king of pride rock.. think it's something like track 6 or 7 on the soundtrack

the bit i always liked was when simba's father was showing him the kingdom and saying about the great kings of the past watching over the land. and as well as them watching, so would i. the music in that part just really fits the sceen.

i've yet to watch the movie in full without actually crying- i always cry at various parts

1 particular sceen that always gets me is when simba's just realised his dad's dead, but he can't wake him up and he's screaming dad, dad!. you gotta wake up!

such a timeless movie. really.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 4 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
That part almost had me in tears! So sad. I almost cried when he lied next to him, crying. sad.gif

The Lion King 2 is great too, the part where Kiara runs away and meets Kofu cry.gif

This post has been edited by *Tim: Feb 4 2014, 07:05 AM

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 4 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
Oops double

This post has been edited by *Tim: Feb 4 2014, 07:04 AM

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Feb 4 2014, 09:20 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 4 2014, 07:04 AM) *
That part almost had me in tears! So sad. I almost cried when he lied next to him, crying. sad.gif

The Lion King 2 is great too, the part where Kiara runs away and meets Kofu cry.gif

you do know their are 3 lion king movies?. i ask because you've never mentioned the third

lion king

the lion king 2: simba's pride

the lion king 3: hacoona matata

third one everyone seems to forget about. but it's their, for sure

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 4 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
Yeah I know,I'm watching that one now. But that's just about Timon and Pumba and their side of the story. It's fun to watch but nowhere near the other 2 movies

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Feb 4 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
latest movie i watched was:

12 angry men

about these people in a jury who couldn't make up their minds on a case

when you read about it in google it sounds really boring, but it actually isn't.. once it gets going, it's an okay movie

old one too. from 1957

+Quote this post
Riser
post Feb 9 2014, 01:44 AM
Post #31
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
I watched Philomena on Thursday, completely on a whim with no clue what it was about, and of course it was very good! Definitely worthy of its award nominations. Surprisingly that was my first time ever seeing a Judi Dench film (aside from her narrating 'Doogal', which was lame and does not count). Though I haven't read the actual book, her performance as Philomena was too good for words. And WOW at that being a true story!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 10 2014, 01:52 AM
Post #32
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 15 2014, 02:45 AM) *
I've seen quite a few films lately too:

'American Hustle' - 7/10 >> Very strong movie, a bit long winded though, but worth a watch. <<
'12 Years A Slave' - 10/10 >> Truly astonishing. Everything about it felt so raw and real and it was executed perfectly. <<
'Her' - 8/10 >> I preferred Amy Adams' role in this more than I did in 'American Hustle'! <<
'Black Fish' - 8/10 >> A very gripping and tense documentary about the dangers and captivity of Orca Whales in attraction sites such as SeaLife. <<

2014 has been a pretty great start for me! Hopefully it's a lot more consistant than 2013 was!

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 26 2014, 03:50 AM) *
Continuing the Oscar Buzz season for myself (Oh I saw 'Gravity' last year, which I'd give an 8)

'The Wolf On Wall Street' - 9/10 >> Such a solid film. It was a bit overly long, but it didn't feel like it, in the same way as 'American Hustle' felt overly long. Brilliant cast! <<
'Inside Llewyn Davis' - 8/10 >> Really loved this. It was quite gritty and cold, but felt charming and warm. Some top notch performances in this too. <<

Next on my list is 'Dallas Buyers Club' - Surely SOMETHING has to disappoint me? ohmy.gif I'm actually shocked I've liked most of the nominees so far this year. I'll give August a watch soon too!

2014 has got off to a far better start than last year! It also helps I saw David Fincher's 'Zodiac' for the first time the other day. Absolutely fantastic! Really, REALLY good. The more I think about it, the higher up it goes in my affections! David Fincher is quite possibly my favourite director!
Another one:

'Dallas Buyers Club' - 8/10 >> A decent film, a bit boring (storyline wise) in some parts, but in most parts it's good and interesting. But it's DEFINITELY about the two main performances during this film. Matt McConaughey (sp?) AND Jared Leto are both, very worthy of the hype and award wins that they have so far received! Brilliant performances! (Still hope Leo DiCaprio & Michael Fassbender win their respective awards at the Oscars, just because they deserves it just as much and they are two of my faves! laugh.gif) <<

SUCH a stunning year for the main Oscar contenders! Probably the most consistently strong list they've had for "Best Picture" nominees, in a while!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 10 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #33
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Feb 4 2014, 09:36 PM) *
latest movie i watched was:

12 angry men

about these people in a jury who couldn't make up their minds on a case

when you read about it in google it sounds really boring, but it actually isn't.. once it gets going, it's an okay movie

old one too. from 1957

Absolutely incredible film.

The concept is simple but it's acted out superbly and the way it gradually builds and builds makes it so watchable. A classic.

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Feb 14 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #34
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
QUOTE(Silas @ Jan 27 2014, 10:12 PM) *
I watched RIPD on my flight to Aus and thought it was actually pretty funny. I must admit that could have something to do with a certain Miss Botwin...

My Blu-Ray of 'White House Down' came today. Something else I watched on the plane. I really love a good action flick and this had all the action you could ask for, Channing Tatum, a couple of twists and a brilliant cast. It's definitely one I'd recommend.

I thought RIPD was watchable, a couple of cheap laughs kept me watching, I'm in no rush to see it again though!

I didn't see Whate House Down, noone I knew wanted to see it (presumably because it looked like and exact replica of Olympus Has Fallen which I really enjoyed, even if noone else did). I'm glad that someone has recommended it, hopefully I can sway the hubby to watch it with me!

This post has been edited by Juranamo: Feb 14 2014, 11:46 AM

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 25 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
The Hunger Games and Catching Fire..
I never paid attention to these movies as I thought they were just another Twilight but now that I watched them I am hooked and I can't wait for #3 to hit cinema's in November. Not sure whether to read the book first tho. What do you guys think?
I'm also very excited to see Divergent, from the same people that made both of these movies

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 25 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,871
These days I've been a sucker for Bollywood and French movies (although I don't understand either Indian or French) with subtitles due to my family background, but I really do think they're worth trying out (Chennai Express and Cocktail for Bollywood & Amelie and Priceless for French)

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Mar 7 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #37
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
QUOTE(vivek @ Feb 25 2014, 07:03 PM) *
These days I've been a sucker for Bollywood and French movies (although I don't understand either Indian or French) with subtitles due to my family background, but I really do think they're worth trying out (Chennai Express and Cocktail for Bollywood & Amelie and Priceless for French)

I've heard of Chennai Express (posters were all over cineworld in summers!) and my French teacher is obsessed with AMELIE!!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Mar 8 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #38
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 25 2014, 03:19 PM) *
The Hunger Games and Catching Fire..
I never paid attention to these movies as I thought they were just another Twilight but now that I watched them I am hooked and I can't wait for #3 to hit cinema's in November. Not sure whether to read the book first tho. What do you guys think?

I'm also very excited to see Divergent, from the same people that made both of these movies

I was the exact same, I refused to even acknowledge the Hunger Games, then I watched the first movie and was hooked. The next day I bought all 3 books and read them in 2 days. I then watched Catching Fire and I am so excited for movie 3!

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Mar 11 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 8 2014, 08:11 PM) *
I was the exact same, I refused to even acknowledge the Hunger Games, then I watched the first movie and was hooked. The next day I bought all 3 books and read them in 2 days. I then watched Catching Fire and I am so excited for movie 3!

I have decided to not read to book, but I'm still not sure as I didn't understand some parts of the first 2 movies, until I read the books

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Apr 12 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
i'm having a 'Pegg & Frost weekend'. started with hot fuzz, next is the worlds end, then shaun of the dead and lastly paul biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:15 PM