BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your Glastonbury setlist, If the girls were to do Glastonbury what should they perform?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 30th January 2021, 01:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

So there have been rumours galore of the girls potentially doing Glastonbury at some stage. Lets imagine 2022 when it comes back (fingers crossed) and the girls are invited to do it and accept... what is your setlist? What needs to be performed, what would you really not want them to perform? Solo songs included or not?

You can do one for a 5 girl line up or a 4 girl line up depending on whether you think Victoria would be involved (I'd like to think for something this huge she would) or even both entirely up to you.

I've looked at setlists for Dolly Parton, Kylie Minogue, The Killers, Rolling Stones and Adele and the general song list is between 15-20 songs so it can be anything between that amount. If you really want to go to town you could imagine the staging etc... just remember that it's on a Glastonbury stage not their own so staging for props would have to be ala Kylie .

Interested to see people's idea I'm going to have a think about mine.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th January 2021, 02:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

So I was really in two minds about a potential set list. Part of me thought they should stick to a purely group setlist, and this is one that I would enjoy watching more. Would also give them the chance to showcase album tracks that are not as well known. Then another part of me thinks it would be a great opportunity to remind the general public how many solo hits they actually had since there are very few bands where all members achieved big solo hits of their own. Also for the general public it might keep them more engaged as they would recognise more songs.

SO... I did two setlists haha.

Group only
1. Spice up your life
2. If u can’t dance
3. Who do you think you are
4. Do it
5. Something kinda funny
6. Mama
7. Move over
8. Holler (with Girl Power chant)
9. Step to me
10. Never give up on the good times
11. Love thing
12. Too much
13. Say you’ll be there
14. 2 become 1
15. Stop
16. Viva forever
17. Wannabe

Very much used the 2019 setlist for this and just removed / added a few songs. I loved the Girl Power chant during Holler and definitely would want that included. Also Step to me was such a missed opportunity on tour would be good to see that back in the limelight as it showcases a different side to the girls, Move over needs to be performed too not just a video!

Group and solo
1. Spice up your life
2. Who do you think you are
3. Say you’ll be there
4. Step to me
5. Too much
6. 2 become 1
7. Out of your mind (Victoria solo)
8. I want you back (Mel B)
9. What took you so long (Emma solo)
10. Move over
11. Holler (with Girl power chant)
12. Goodbye
13. It’s raining men (Geri solo)
14. I turn to you (Melanie C solo)
15. Mama
16. Never give up on the good times
17. Love thing / Saturday night divas / If you wanna have some fun (album medley)
18. Stop
19. Viva forever
20. Wannabe

I used The Return setlist to put this one, rejigging some songs round and adding / removing some songs. Also gave each girl a solo song (yes including Victoria although let's be honest that would NEVER happen lol - if she isn't involved then just pull her song out and put If you can't dance before who do you think you are instead). If they were to do solo songs then I would be VERY disappointed if it wasn't a 20 song list!

I made sure Viva forever was second from last it needs to be the epic moment before the closure of Wannabe! Spice up your life is the obvious party starter but I was tempted to go with If you can't dance, and also with Viva forever could you imagine that music for the build up aaaah! wub.gif

As an alternative they could perhaps do a few solo songs as a group or maybe a medley?

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 30th January 2021, 02:56 PM

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 30th January 2021, 02:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I'll sort mine later but absolutely no to solo songs and I'm sure Glastonbury organisers would feel the same. They aren't giving one of the biggest slots of the music year to forgotten solo Spice Girls songs.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th January 2021, 02:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Jan 30 2021, 02:57 PM) *
I'll sort mine later but absolutely no to solo songs and I'm sure Glastonbury organisers would feel the same. They aren't giving one of the biggest slots of the music year to forgotten solo Spice Girls songs.

laugh.gif forgotten solo Spice songs laugh.gif I'd say some of the solo stuff is better remembered than some of the group stuff.

I'd put:
1. Never be the same again
2. I turn to you
3. Look at me
4. It's raining men

All above Let love lead the way in terms of being more memorable to the general public, probably What took you so long and Out of your mind aswell.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 30th January 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

1. Spice Up Your Life
2. Who Do You Think You Are?
3. Holler (No Girl Power Chant)
4. Mama
5. Naked
7. Too Much
8. Let Love Lead The Way
9. Goodbye
10. I Want You Back / Maybe / Never Be The Same Again / Its Raining Men (all girls on stage)
11. Love Thing
12. Never Give Up On The Good Times
13. We Are Family
14. Stop
15. 2 Become 1
16. Say You'll Be There
17. Viva Forever
18. Wannabe

+Quote this post
vibe
post 30th January 2021, 03:05 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Jan 30 2021, 02:57 PM) *

Hmm solo hits will be better known than album tracks !!

Yes to a solo medley with all girls on stage.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 30th January 2021, 03:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Just perform Spice and Spiceworld in full and Goodbye, Holler and LLLTW

Most would be there for the S and SW singles and Goodbye, they are the 10 classics.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 30th January 2021, 03:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

I will have a think later but AGREE on no solo tracks and YES to having their more rock moments (lol) with a proper performance such as Move Over and Step To Me. It's a music festival and that calls for a removal of silly covers and solo numbers.

Remove Mama, We Are Family and focus on the hits with a few album tracks included to pump the set list up and that's it. No dead moments (which the solo tracks would absolutely end up being). It's a festival, not a Spice Girls concert.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th January 2021, 03:20 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jan 30 2021, 03:17 PM) *
I will have a think later but AGREE on no solo tracks and YES to having their more rock moments (lol) with a proper performance such as Move Over and Step To Me. It's a music festival and that calls for a removal of silly covers and solo numbers.

Remove Mama, We Are Family and focus on the hits with a few album tracks included to pump the set list up and that's it. No dead moments (which the solo tracks would absolutely end up being). It's a festival, not a Spice Girls concert.

Mama was one for me to leave out actually but then I thought would it be better received than quite a few of the album tracks? As cringey as it is the chorus is a big sing along chorus... I was really in two minds about the solo moments but I could see I turn to you and It's raining men going down well both big tracks to get the crowd going. I quite like the idea of a medley as Vibe suggests, might have a re-work of my tracklist again.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 30th January 2021, 03:59 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

It would be the most general public friendly set list -

Wannabe
SYBT
2 become 1
WDYTYA
Mama
SUYL
Too Much
Stop
Viva Forever
Goodbye
Holler
NGUOTGT
Love Thing
Move over
IYCD

15 songs, 11 singles, 4 of the best known and loved album tracks.

1 cover which would no doubt be We are family at a push.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 30th January 2021, 04:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jan 30 2021, 03:20 PM) *
Mama was one for me to leave out actually but then I thought would it be better received than quite a few of the album tracks? As cringey as it is the chorus is a big sing along chorus... I was really in two minds about the solo moments but I could see I turn to you and It's raining men going down well both big tracks to get the crowd going. I quite like the idea of a medley as Vibe suggests, might have a re-work of my tracklist again.

I think Mama should be avoided at all costs, not just for this festival blink.gif But yes, they would be absolutely annialated for performing that and any solo numbers. Or at least people just wouldnt care for those numbers and you should absolutely keep it moving. Plus, they already have quite a lot of ballads so cutting Mama makes total sense.

Bring in the 'popular' album tracks such as If You Cant Dance and Never Give Up On the Good Times. They might not be as wildly well known as the singles but they are fun, upbeat tracks that are also cool and festival-ready. The only solo singles that would make sense would be ITTY and IRM, but I dont think they would waste space with those tracks and i would also HOPE that isnt the case. They know its group stuff only as it should be.

Mel C can absolutely play Glasto if she wants as a solo artist, one of the smaller tents. She should try it and then she could play her ITTY crap lol

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th January 2021, 04:57 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jan 30 2021, 04:50 PM) *
Mel C can absolutely play Glasto if she wants as a solo artist, one of the smaller tents. She should try it and then she could play her ITTY crap lol

I'm sure Melanie would jump at the chance to play Glastonbury, sadly I'm also sure she would never be invited.

I do agree about Mama though I'd avoid it if I were in the group (Fabulous Spice of course wub.gif )... but at the same time that chorus is a total sing along moment and it is one of their biggest hits...

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 30th January 2021, 10:00 PM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th January 2021, 05:01 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Just thought the Spice up your life reprise would be amazing for Glastonbury too, that was such an ending to TROTSG wub.gif

+Quote this post
southernstar
post 30th January 2021, 08:26 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 41,834

Act 1:
1. Too Much
2. Holler
3. Say You'll Be There
4. Right Back At Ya
5. Stop
6. Walk Of Life
7. Last Time Lover
8. 2 Become 1

Act 2:
9. Wannabe
10. Saturday Night Divas
11. Step To Me
12. Who Do You Think Yoy Are
13. Mama
14. Goodbye

Encore:
15. Viva Forever
16. Spice Up Your Life

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 30th January 2021, 09:03 PM
Post #15
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I can easily imagine Mama being one of the biggest sing-alongs in the crowd. I would lean towards it being an essential inclusion tbh!

Liking the set lists so far, I'll have a think about my own!

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 30th January 2021, 09:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Mama would be a big epic sing a long those high 20 somethings singing their hearts out.

+Quote this post
Piers
post 31st January 2021, 10:34 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

I agree with the unpopular opinion on here that the solo songs could have a place. It's not like I think they should perform songs that barely made a ripple on the charts. It's just...it's a UK festival...and they straight up had a few of a given year's biggest hits as solo artists. If they're sitting on eight number one singles as solo performers...why not perform some of them? When I saw the Rolling Stones, they did their solo hits...and they're obviously far more famous as a group. I actually think it'd be really cool to see the full group do some of the solo hits. I'll do a Glastonbury setlist just based on what I think would get a crowd revved up the most. I'll do it as if Victoria isn't there.

Also. I'll throw in a few guest appearances by people I think they could plausibly get.

1. Spice Up Your Life
2. Stop
3. Say You'll Be There
4. When You're Gone (appearance by Bryan Adams...duet with Mel C)
5. What Took You So Long (full group performance)
6. Mama
7. Too Much
8. Holler
9. I Want You Back (appearance by Missy Elliott...rearranged to make it more of a duet with Mel B)
10. Never Be The Same Again (full group...Missy Elliott performs rap in tribute to Left Eye)
11. instrumental dancer interlude - Out Of Your Mind
12. Never Give Up On The Good Times
13. Look At Me/It's Raining Men medley (full group performance)
14. I Turn To You (full group performance)
15. 2 Become 1
16. Pure Shores (appearance by All Saints alongside the Spice Girls)
17. Goodbye
18. Viva Forever
19. Who Do You Think You Are
20. Wannabe

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 31st January 2021, 11:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

People really do live in the clouds. They just performed to 700k of their own fans and weren't bringing out solo songs or b sides or Forever album cuts.

They certainly wouldn't be straying from the first 2 albums and the Forever singles.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 31st January 2021, 11:10 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Imagine they do convince Victoria to do it, she ain't performing solo songs of other members or dueting with All Saints or having anyone reminded she had a solo career.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 31st January 2021, 11:17 PM
Post #20
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

That would be amazing, Piers! wub.gif

Evidently solo single inclusions is proving to be a bit controversial here, but I honestly don't think it would be the worst idea, so long as it didn't take up much longer than 5 or 6 minutes of the set. When You're Gone would go down incredibly well at Glastonbury, plus it does give them the opportunity to bring on special guests without them being shoehorned into Spice Girls group songs that they weren't a part of.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:05 PM