BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> thank u, next • 5th Album, 8th February 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Oct 3 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

So there are reports going around that Ariana is already in the studio recording her new album! In fact, strong reports are saying this album will be out so that she has 2 albums to tour with...

What do you want from Ari 5?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 3 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Isn't it obvious? MORE MAX and no Pharrell x

But seriously, I'm intrigued to see where they take her with this album. The fact that 'Sweetener' is as big as it is even with the middling to poor reviews shows that people are here for her and I think it'd be a smart move in order to really elevate her to the next level.Providing she gives us the NTLTC/GIAW/breathin' type bangers. Another 'Sweetener' on the whole and I think she will have peaked at least for a while.

She is going through such a hard time mentally atm so I'm sure just being in the studio is a theraputic session for her. Give us the raw emotion, use it to her advantage <3

I'm here for this decision overall though. New Ari is always good (I love Sweetener - I just had to reshuffle the tracklisting lol)

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Oct 4 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #3
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

This to be her Kamikaze pls laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 4 2018, 09:56 AM
Post #4
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I knew she was trolling us with that recent album! Here comes the real one.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 4 2018, 10:12 AM
Post #5
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

I think people are reading into her recent Instagrams too much? Surely she's just posting studio photos from the 'Sweetener' sessions? Also she needs to push "Breathin'" properly before a new album!!

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Oct 4 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #6
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

yeah I really don’t think we’re getting a new album in the next 12 months at least. She may well be recording album 5 but it’ll be a long way off yet There’s still singles to push from this current album what’s only 6 weeks old yet.

However possibly just maybe the tour rumour may be true.
It could be like Madonna’s drowned world tour promoted both Ray Of Light and Music two very different albums.
And Sweetener is essentially her ‘music’ album experimental, upbeat etc so the next album could be her Ray Of Light where she shocks us all. If the album comes out in July/Aug next year then the tour could run from late 2019 until 2020.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Oct 4 2018, 10:54 PM

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 5 2018, 09:43 AM
Post #7
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

One hand I could see her releasing another album. However although the album didn't receive the best reviews she just released it and speaks highly of it iirc so I'm unsure whether she will in the next year. New music from her is always good though.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 5 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #8
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(SweetButJonjo @ Oct 3 2018, 10:14 PM) *
The fact that 'Sweetener' is as big as it is even with the middling to poor reviews

It was a positively received album in terms of reviews!

https://www.metacritic.com/music/sweetener/ariana-grande

Metascore 81: Universal acclaim based on 20 critics (16 positive, 4 mixed).

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 6 2018, 12:49 AM
Post #9
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Oct 5 2018, 09:33 PM) *
It was a positively received album in terms of reviews!

https://www.metacritic.com/music/sweetener/ariana-grande

Metascore 81: Universal acclaim based on 20 critics (16 positive, 4 mixed).

But... how? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kye
post Oct 6 2018, 01:20 AM
Post #10
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Oct 6 2018, 01:49 AM) *
But... how? laugh.gif

pity. i hands down refuse to believe that critics sat + listened to this and felt positively about it. if what happened hadn't happened this album would've been dragged.

This post has been edited by kye: Oct 6 2018, 01:21 AM

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Oct 6 2018, 05:54 AM
Post #11
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

The highs of the album way outweigh the lows which is probably part of it. It’s not the most cohesive of albums but pop albums rarely are anything more than a collection of basic songs surrounded by singles (Anne-Marie I’m looking at you x). No Tears is one of the best songs of 2018 so far and God is a woman & breathin are excellent too.

+Quote Post
Neil
post Oct 6 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,016
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(kye @ Oct 6 2018, 02:20 AM) *
if what happened hadn't happened this album would've been dragged.

I really want to wish this wasn't the case, but I don't see any other explanation. There's a handful of really good songs, great even. The rest are shit.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 6 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #13
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(kye @ Oct 6 2018, 02:20 AM) *
pity. i hands down refuse to believe that critics sat + listened to this and felt positively about it. if what happened hadn't happened this album would've been dragged.

I don't think that's fair to insinuate that she got pity reviews because of what happened. What some people might deem as not good enough some critics might consider it to be musical gold. I understand many things about the album reviews and I agree its probably her most personal and cohesive to date. It was hardly a hit after hit worthy album like DW was but I highly doubt that it was intended to be that.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 6 2018, 11:38 PM
Post #14
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I really don't believe that critics only praised Sweetener out of "pity" for an awful situation she experienced. I think Ariana deserves far more credit than that. It's okay if Sweetener isn't to everyone's tastes, but I find it a bit off to be incredulous about the validity of her reviews as if your thoughts on the album's quality are paramount over that of the numerous reviewers who praised many aspects of the record musically (her artistry / vocal performance / soundscapes) without relating it to Manchester.

+Quote Post
kye
post Oct 6 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #15
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Sonia Fowler @ Oct 7 2018, 12:20 AM) *
I don't think that's fair to insinuate that she got pity reviews because of what happened. What some people might deem as not good enough some critics might consider it to be musical gold. I understand many things about the album reviews and I agree its probably her most personal and cohesive to date. It was hardly a hit after hit worthy album like DW was but I highly doubt that it was intended to be that.

some, not all.. it got almost universal acclaim. it's being realistic - they have been very easy on her because of what happened + it's naive to think otherwise.

+Quote Post
kye
post Oct 6 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #16
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Oct 7 2018, 12:38 AM) *
I really don't believe that critics only praised Sweetener out of "pity" for an awful situation she experienced. I think Ariana deserves far more credit than that. It's okay if Sweetener isn't to everyone's tastes, but I find it a bit off to be incredulous about the validity of her reviews as if your thoughts on the album's quality are paramount over that of the numerous reviewers who praised many aspects of the record musically (her artistry / vocal performance / soundscapes) without relating it to Manchester.

i love ariana so let's not get it twisted. i do, however, think she's being given too much credit.

here's the thing; it's not a personal album. and it's not cohesive, quite the opposite. how can a beyonce demo be personal to ariana?
there are three parts to the album mixed up to make it seem like there was an idea there.
the sh!t songs were written by pharrell + have pharrell-by-numbers productions, the okay-to-good tracks were done by tommy brown+co and the great tracks are by max, savan + ilya.

when pharrell was commissioned to produce on the album, he was already working with justin timberlake + on the NERD album and the label thought they were going to be massive/ he was going to be hot property.
they flopped + probably couldn't get her to work with anyone else once the album was done and they just figured they'd push the (only) good tracks. (ntltc, giaw + breathin')

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 7 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #17
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(kye @ Oct 7 2018, 12:41 AM) *
some, not all.. it got almost universal acclaim. it's being realistic - they have been very easy on her because of what happened + it's naive to think otherwise.

TBF, I don't think it is being naive because that is just your opinion on the subject and mine is different. That's all it is. I'm not being a blind stan to whether she is getting pity reviews or not. I just think it isn't pity reviews based on what various reviewers had said about the album and I can see their viewpoints.

+Quote Post
kye
post Oct 7 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #18
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Sonia Fowler @ Oct 7 2018, 04:00 PM) *
TBF, I don't think it is being naive because that is just your opinion on the subject and mine is different. That's all it is. I'm not being a blind stan to whether she is getting pity reviews or not. I just think it isn't pity reviews based on what various reviewers had said about the album and I can see their viewpoints.

you’re right, it’s not naive - i apologise! upon reflection whilst i can see it’s not pity, i think it’s more about critics being a little generous toward her, for whatever reason.

i do hope that she’s taking care of herself, physically + mentally because she’s literally my fave pop star and i’d hate something to affect her wanting to do it. she makes it so easy to love her wub.gif

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Oct 7 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

These studio pics are from The Sweetener sessions I guess

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Oct 9 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

‘Sweetner’ was hot property for Ariana. If she wanted to work with anyone she could. Its not the album I expected from her but nevertheless i love it and ‘rem’ is a great record.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 AM