BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Football League proposes new five-league 100 club system
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Should the league system change?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Mack.
post May 19 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
From BBC Sport

English football could be heading for its biggest shake-up since the creation of the Premier League in 1992.

The Football League wants to create an extra division with 20 teams in each from 2019-20.

It would mean England had 100 teams in five divisions, up from 92. Currently, there are 24 teams in the Championship, League One and League Two.

The Football League says the move would tackle fixture congestion and boost the finances of its members.

The Premier League and the FA have backed the proposal "in principle".

The current 72 Football League clubs will decide whether they support the move at their annual general meeting in June 2017.

"There are clear benefits for everyone," Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey told BBC Sport.

It is about taking a step back to try to work out what is best for English football.
We hope that the Football League taking this first step is the catalyst for future change."

What do you make of the idea? Should it stay the same as 72 teams and three divisions or change to the proposed five-league 100 club system?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
bigwiglaf
post May 19 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
pop goes the world...
User: 1,426
Almost sounds to me like they MIGHT want to create more competition by having the 5 league/100 team set up for promotion/relegation....just my thoughts on this, and there's still time to decide either way if this'll happen or not....

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 19 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I have no objection to the principle, but they need to consider the right level to start splitting into regions. At the very least it should be the highest non-league tier, but they should think about introducing it at the lowest tier in the football league (as happened before 1958).

+Quote this post
Houdini
post May 19 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
I think it's a good idea, the non league teams would benefit financially I think.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 19 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I think it's a great idea. Hopefully it would put an end to three men and a dog supporting teams coming up from the lower leagues. I'm all for it, but there needs to be some consideration about when the splits would take place as that will be where the push is felt.

+Quote this post
mdh
post May 19 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
as long as they do it right, I'm all for it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:38 AM