BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BuzzJack's Record Of The Year [The Results]
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 5th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #61
Group icon
User: 13,007

My favourite Adele song this era wub.gif Shame it's not the highest, but it's pretty understandable why.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 5th May 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #62
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

04 | Lady GaGa - The Edge Of Glory | 696 pts

The highest of the GaGa songs in this countdown, despite making it to #1 on iTunes, it only made #6 on the official chart. Which is quite a low peak considering how big a hit it was! I'd even say it was biggest of the era after being used in TV/Reality shows time and time again. I really like it, but I don't love it as much as some people do, I'd rather listen to Born This Way or Judas or one of the more 'interesting' tracks on the album. But it was a good song to regain the public's faith in her. The release of the music video was quite an amusing thing to see unfold as there was a backlash against the video being too normal!

+Quote this post
Eric_Blob
post 5th May 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,665

The Edge of Glory's music video wouldn't have got the reception it did if it was released by almost any other artist lol. Imagine if Adele or 50 Cent released it, everybody would say it's one of their best videos!

I hope Rolling in the Deep wins. wub.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th May 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #64
Group icon
User: 13,007

QUOTE(Eric_Blob @ May 5 2012, 08:41 PM) *
The Edge of Glory's music video wouldn't have got the reception it did if it was released by almost any other artist lol. Imagine if Adele or 50 Cent released it, everybody would say it's one of their best videos!

Agreed. Some crazies were saying its one if the worst videos ever laugh.gif

It makes this special song just so much more special. Simple, heartfelt, and a brilliant love letter to her Grandad :wub

+Quote this post
CianS
post 6th May 2012, 06:26 AM
Post #65
Group icon
Do Wah Dootastic :D
User: 8,914

Please let it be Someone Like You, or We Found Love. RITD is so overrated sad.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 6th May 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #66
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie

03 | Adele - Someone Like You | 744 pts

The song that really kicked things off for Adele who went on her way to become a worldwide phenomemon. Let's go back to February 2011 where Adele opened the BRITS with an iconic rendition of Someone Like You, merely just an album track from her #1 album '21'. The performance itself is just beautiful and moved me to tears just like Adele was. It shot straight to #1 on the UK chart and spent another 4 weeks on top and became the biggest selling single of 2011 selling over million copies within a calendar year! As this song's success wasn't forseen by her record company, a video had not been released (not that it needed it anyway!). However, 7 months after that life-changing performance, a music video was released to coincide with the American release of the song, it also went to #1 over in the States, along with #5, Set Fire To The Rain and #1 contender Rolling In The Deep. Surely a classic in the making and a song which will be remembered as the defining song of 2011. Stunning. wub.gif

So it's either Rolling In The Deep or We Found Love that has made #1! One song has 759 points, the other 813. Who will it be? w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th May 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Someone Like You is probably the most stunning song I've ever heard, not even killed by overplay wub.gif

We Found Love is surely #1, Buzzjack literally see it as the musical second coming! I'm surprised it was so close tbh laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 6th May 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #68
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

We Found Love ftw PLEASE, Rolling In The Deep never got boring from overplay, I just disliked it to start with, so overrated...

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 6th May 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Oh I forgot all about this! Lmao, that can't be good can it?! Thanks for continuing it for me Klumzee though! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 6th May 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #70
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie

So in 2nd place... with a total of 759 points... it is...

02 | Adele - Rolling In The Deep | 759 pts

I'm running out of things to say about Adele now! This was another song that was unlucky not to reach #1 as it was beaten by Bruno Mars' Grenade in January. I think this has had more sales than Grenade, not sure though. The general feeling about this song is that it was good to start off with, but overplay has ruined it, which is true in my case also. The surprising thing about this song is its success in America, it managed to get 7 weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 and became the biggest song of the year in the USA. Incredible for any artist, but especially a British artist seeing how xenophobic the Americans are kink.gif

Which means we have one song left, in 1st place... with 813 points... and becoming Buzzjack's Record Of 2011... it's...

01 | Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris - We Found Love | 813 pts

And what a song it is! Rihanna returned from her (non-existant) break to release We Found Love as the lead single of her sixth album, Talk That Talk. It's so good that it managed to top the UK's chart in it's debut week with only FOUR days of sales! She managed six weeks on top of the UK chart, the most since Leona Lewis did seven back in 2007 with Bleeding Love. I'm not sure about others, but I've found this song does not tire on you at all! It's still going strong at #17 in my chart since entering in September! This is certainly a worthy winner of the Buzzjack's Record Of The Year and one of the songs of 2011 that shall be remembered for a long time!

+Quote this post
Eric_Blob
post 6th May 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,665

I was hoping Rolling in the Deep would win, but I knew We Found Love would tbh. laugh.gif I'm glad RITD beat SLY though.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 6th May 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #72
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I agree, most Rihanna songs haven't aged that well for me, but We Found Love still sounds really good, a deserved winner. Nice to see these results finished anyway tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 7th May 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #73
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

We Found Love was the obvious winner right from the start, so not a surprising result at all. Pleasing to see Adele taking 2, 3 and 5 though, even after their overplay (I don't think any of them have been harmed that much by overplay and I still love them pretty much as much as I ever have).

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 2nd May 2024, 05:58 PM