BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Terrifier 2, Horror Sequel / October 24
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post 19th October 2022, 09:06 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

The sequel to Terrifier has been released in America and has got a lot of attention for how gory/violent it is, with reports of people fainting/being sick in the cinema. It's also completely surpassed expectations with debuting Top 10 with a limited release and actually increasing its second week!

It's actually v interesting to me, I can't think of a horror film that sold pretty much on word of mouth since maybe Paranormal Activity or Saw. It was completely crowdfunded after the low budget original film (that was direct to DVD/VOD) had a bit of a cult following - I can imagine each film getting bigger. I imagine part of it'd appeal is a new genuinely scary villain in Art The Clown, a shame it's not playing in UK cinemas and only on Prime/DVD but still impressive!

Has anyone else seen the original and excited for this one? I am but I actually am high key scared by the first film lmao
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mikal
post 29th October 2022, 09:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092

I absolutely loved the first one. It had the right tone and was great for the budget it had.

The second one is genuinely awful and such a step down. Little to no plot, everything left unanswered. Gore for the sake of gore and completely unrealistic deaths. Too long as well, so disappointed.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 30th October 2022, 04:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I enjoyed it, and think it had some strong characters but yeah I preferred the first one where it was genuinely scary.

This had too much going on with supernatural elements to it and was waaaay too long for a film of its kind.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 3rd November 2022, 03:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

i'd never even heard of the first one but this was is getting a lot of hype... was the original a student movie or something?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 05:41 PM