BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you could remove just one politician...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Jun 9 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

Who would it be?

In my case it would be Corbyn, as once he was gone I could start voting Labour again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Jun 9 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

There's so many, where do I begin? Trump, Putin, Theresa May, I am spoilt for choice!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jun 9 2018, 11:00 AM
Post #3
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Probably Andrea Leadsom. She pretty much epitomises pure evil.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jun 9 2018, 11:37 AM
Post #4
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ebae @ Jun 9 2018, 11:56 AM) *
There's so many, where do I begin? Trump, Putin, Theresa May, I am spoilt for choice!

Well I can't argue with your choices, but admittedly I should have specified UK politicians. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jun 9 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #5
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Ruth Davidson

Utterly evil snake with zero principles

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jun 9 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #6
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Jun 9 2018, 01:04 PM) *
Ruth Davidson

Utterly evil snake with zero principles

I think you just insulted snakes, there... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jun 9 2018, 05:36 PM
Post #7
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

I'm inclined to agree with you there, (*dies of shock*) and I f***ing detest snakes.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 9 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #8
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Aside from those I don't agree with (who I'd rather just remove the entire lot of even if my ultimate choice would be Boris Johnson for being dangerously charismatic as well as a buffoon), I think it's a more interesting answer if I go for someone I do agree with, so in that case I would go for Corbyn.

He is fantastic on the campaign trail and I would like him to be PM, so much, but in 'peacetime' he's proved to be pretty useless at holding the government to account over what should be a very easy government to hold to account and his cult of personality supporters are making it worse for their cause by being so drastic. Labour should be making the Tories really nervous at this point in the cycle. Again, I blame the Tories far more for the situation the country is currently in, but if another politician was head of the Labour party, I feel we could have made a lot more progress towards not letting the Conservatives be in power for a generation.

Perhaps I'm just imagining a different 2018 timeline where in the third year of Ed Miliband's steady and stable premiership, the biggest political worry for the UK is how soon we're going to pass marijuana legalisation (or something similarly progressive). I'd really rather just be surrounded by Canadian politics right now.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 9 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

This thread has already seen an alarming number of us agree with vidcapper.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 9 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #10
Howdy, disco citizens
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Emanuel Macron.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 9 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #11
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Gosh. Boris perhaps, but I feel like a better leader could hold him to account or knock him out.

Theresa is probably who I'd go for. She may be incompetent, but she is worryingly authoritarian and started things like the Windrush scandal which Rudd took the fall for, plus she's able to affect things by inaction on them even if she isn't actively doing so many negative things.

Finally she's not a good representative for the UK on the world stage and seems to get steamrolled in debates.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 9 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Corbyn.

Removing May would be chaos and risk Johnson or Reesmoggy making things worse by far. Theres no way a Remainer could run the Tories now, or even someone half sane and realistic. So there is nothing short of a massive accidental runaway steamroller taking out the entire cabinet that would matter a jot.

Farage has already removed himself from reality and relevance.

That leaves the man who failed to do anything to boost the Remain campaign at all, left Labour voters wondering what the official position was, and has steadfastly refused to do the right thing since, preferring to sit back and let us all fall to bits so he can get into power. He also called for the immediate triggering of article 50 the day after the referendum, even the morons in charge of Brexit weren't that stupid, he is so f***ing useless. I can only see upsides in his removal, not downsides. He makes either Milliband brother and Blair look like Einsteins in comparison. A more centre-leaning leader could keep most of the decent policies and appeal to more people except hard lefties (who dont number much) and ardent Brexiters who'll prob vote Tory anyway, but gain whole swathes of other areas of the country.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jun 10 2018, 05:41 AM
Post #13
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ Jun 9 2018, 07:17 PM) *
This thread has already seen an alarming number of us agree with vidcapper.

Don't sound so surprised - I very much prefer cooperative politics, rather than adversarial. It's just ironic that the one issue we are most at odds with, wasn't even decided by politicians, but by voters directly. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 11 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jun 9 2018, 07:47 PM) *
Emanuel Macron.

I've been wondering, do you want to expand on why? He doesn't seem like an obvious choice and I'd feel like he'd be the opposite of what this thread is about, because if nothing else the simplest consequence of removing him would be President Le Pen.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 11 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #15
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ Jun 11 2018, 10:13 PM) *
I've been wondering, do you want to expand on why? He doesn't seem like an obvious choice and I'd feel like he'd be the opposite of what this thread is about, because if nothing else the simplest consequence of removing him would be President Le Pen.

Whilst I've (somewhat incinerely) joked in the past that he's the French version of Donald Trump, some of his economic policies since taking office have been quite extreme, even Thatcher-esque in some regards, and there's also been several racist remarks that he's made that didn't get picked up as much in the English-speaking media because of the language barrier - I'd say he'd be an awful lot less popular if people in France didn't speak French as their main language. He's also incredibly unpopular in France at the moment - opinion polls give him a 40% approval rating, which is less than Trump's current opinion polling. He's lucky that he's incredibly attractive and really good at PR, because if not, he'd be a lot more unpopular than he currently appears to be.

I also dispute that no Macron = President Le Pen. Let's not forget how tight the top 4 was in the 1st round of the Presidential elections last time, and I believe that Le Pen would have lost in the run-off regardless of who she would have been up against - she would never have got more than 40% of the vote. So no Macron would probably have seen a Fillion presidency.

+Quote Post
Sophia
post Jul 12 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #16
New Entry
Member No.: 73,239
   No Gallery Pics

For me, if you ask about Pak politicians it would be Nawaz Sharif....

+Quote Post
ScottyEm
post Jul 16 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 519
   No Gallery Pics

Jeremy Corbyn. A hard left Labour will always struggle to make in roads and we’ll be left under the grip of a Tory government, hence why I hope he eventually steps down for a more pragmatic centre-left leader.

This post has been edited by ScottyEm: Jul 16 2018, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jul 17 2018, 06:13 AM
Post #18
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ScottyEm @ Jul 16 2018, 07:40 PM) *
Jeremy Corbyn. A hard left Labour will always struggle to make in roads and we’ll be left under the grip of a Tory government, hence why I hope he eventually steps down for a more pragmatic centre-left leader.

That's why Labour won in 1997, but the current party prefers to forget that...

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 19 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #19
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jun 11 2018, 10:36 PM) *
Whilst I've (somewhat incinerely) joked in the past that he's the French version of Donald Trump, some of his economic policies since taking office have been quite extreme, even Thatcher-esque in some regards, and there's also been several racist remarks that he's made that didn't get picked up as much in the English-speaking media because of the language barrier - I'd say he'd be an awful lot less popular if people in France didn't speak French as their main language. He's also incredibly unpopular in France at the moment - opinion polls give him a 40% approval rating, which is less than Trump's current opinion polling. He's lucky that he's incredibly attractive and really good at PR, because if not, he'd be a lot more unpopular than he currently appears to be.

I also dispute that no Macron = President Le Pen. Let's not forget how tight the top 4 was in the 1st round of the Presidential elections last time, and I believe that Le Pen would have lost in the run-off regardless of who she would have been up against - she would never have got more than 40% of the vote. So no Macron would probably have seen a Fillion presidency.

And if I needed more support for my cognitive biases, his chief of staff has been probed for impersonating a riot cop to beat up an anti-Macron protester.

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Jul 19 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #20
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Even as a Labour voter, I'd remove Corbyn. Labour won't win an election with him as leader, unfortunately. The sooner the labour leadership accepts that, the sooner they can start making some serious headway against the Tories.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:12 PM