BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Liam's Reality Round Up 2014, DONE.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Jan 24 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Kind of the same as Aaron's but I thought I'd do my own little twist as I watch slightly different shows...

Not quite formed the countdowns, but there'll be maybe 50-75 best contestants/stars and probably no more than 40 worst (yay for positivity kink.gif). I'll reveal what I watched and thus what will form the basis of this countdown with some tl;dr reviews of the shows starting right now and continuing tomorrow! My opinions are probably well known given how much I post about reality TV on here, so may lead to an anti-climactic countdown in places but hopefully some of you enjoy it smoke.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 25 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Starting off the reviews of series I watched...

BIG BROTHER

BB15 (UK):
This series was subtitled "Power Trip", and in theory this twist seemed like it would be amazing. However, the awful decision to give Pauline the power based on a decent VT kind of ruined all that... It's amazing that one little snap decision could have ruined the series, but Pauline's decision on day 2 was a huge factor! Having to decide which housemate got a pass to the final, Pauline chose Helen Wood. At the time, Helen seemed a very underwhelming choice, inoffensive and bland. Ha. It soon emerged that Helen was anything but inoffensive and bland, but more on her later (no prizes for guessing if she's in the best or worst countdown if you've seen even one of my posts about her) kink.gif The producers were just ridiculous for allowing anyone a pass to the final on day 2, but this was just the beginning of them going twist crazy and~1 million viewers in Britain collectivity facepalming pretty much once a week, if not more often... We saw headstrong sassy female Toya ousted over dullards despite being a power housemate that week, wonderfully ridiculous Danielle booted because of a decision made by one of the year's most non-descript housemates and a Pop Idol fourth placer who were new housemates at the time (as part of Armageddon week which was supposed to "ROCK THE HOUSE 5EVA") and of course Helen's pass to the final hanging over us for the whole 71 days after it was given. All in all, great housemates managed to help this series just about scrape by (Ashleigh carried it almost single handedly for the last few weeks!!), but a few too many awful ones and more than a few too many "SHOCKING TWISTS" that threatended to rock the house and yet barely even knocked the lamp on the table over managed to derail it enough for it to be one of the weaker series.

BB11 (Australia):
Big Brother's return in Australia came in 2012 after 4 years off air, but ratings wise (not quality wise per se, 9 and 10 were both epic) they've slowly been flagging and gone from 1m to 0.8m to 0.65m (as a series average, roughly). With less people in Australia actually being interested came less effort from the producers to make this actually feel like a Big Brother series. There was no online live feed, no news from the house online (even the BBAU twitter feed only live tweeted along with the show) and there was even a lack of actual highlight shows (with two evictions a week plus nominations and no Sunday or Friday show from week 6, we often only had an hour or two of highlights for the whole week!). If they won't make it effort, it sadly kind of follows that the public won't make an effort to invest in the show sad.gif Some described it as a step away from a soap opera - and they're too wrong. Certain "storylines" were really pushed (romances such as the lovely Trasha and the dreaded Clawson especially) and often that was all you'd see of certain housemates. Despite some great housemates, a lot of them were ousted and replaced quickly with non-descript "intruders" - who we didn't get to know because of the lack of highlights and ended up being evicted themselves with embarrassingly low % of votes to save at the first opportunity. Poor Marina and her 2% sob.gif Actually scratch that, without Marina's existnece as such a non-entity, we'd have lost Priya that week so thank you Marina... This had the makings of a great series given the mostly good casting and BBAU's excellent past form (seasons 4, 7, 9 and 10 were all pretty brilliant), but it was handled so poorly that a lot of it fell flat or was just downright bad sad.gif

CBB13 (UK):
Warning, these next two tl;dr paragraphs are overwhelmingly negative because 2014's couple of Celeb Big Brother series were just AWFUL on the whole. January's was the slightly better one, but not by much... Apprentice runner-up Luisa Zissman pretty much saved the whole series by herself, but was aided by Liz Jones when it came to a certain task that is one of the absolute ultimate moments I have ever seen on any series of Big Brother *.* More on that and those two ladies in the actual countdown... This series was full of horrific housemates and their horrid personalities who I could not stand, including the misery of Linda Nolan, the sanctimony and self righteousness of Lionel Blair and the bigoted "comic" turns of Jim Davidson, the eventual winner. The best this series had offer outside of Luisa and Liz were two nicely dull girls Sam and Casey, although the latter had some cringe factor for the love triangle she got herself into... To be honest, the amount of unlikeable people in the house almost killed this series, even if Luisa put up a good fight.

CBB14 (UK):
Possibly the worst series of any Big Brother that I've seen. Ever. With huge characters such as White Dee, Frenchy Morgan and Leslie Morgan (no relation kink.gif), big things seemed to be coming for the series but it took all of the few days to careen off track and ruin itself... As with its predecessor, this series was marred by hugely unlikeable characters such as Kellie Maloney and especially Gary Busey (although I'm in the minority with the latter) and it became a chore to watch. Frenchy' craziness carried the series for me once Dee went off kilter a bit, and aside from her the best the series had to offer were harmless nice enough people like Lauren Goodger and Edele Lynch. Edele was so lovely and likeable she managed to keep me watching for a bit, but I don't think I watched any of the last week - including the final. The whole series was about Gary Busey. If he wasn't actually being shown he was being talked about, and I just quickly grew sick and tired and hearing about him... More rants on him later kink.gif

BB16 (US):
This was my first time watching BBUS, and as the format is a lot different I didn't really know what to expect. I very much enjoyed it at first, and I still maintain my thoughts that the format is great. However, I can’t say it was a wholly positive experience… This was mostly down to the divide in the house - and it was the bad side who won out due to the fact that the voting is all done in-house. Had this been a public voted series, I expect the good guys like Nicole and Donny would have done better and we wouldn’t have suffered so much of Frankie and Christine! But oh well. As with the CBB series just above, I actually didn’t watch all of this oops. I dipped in and out once Nicole was gone (twice!) but kept firmly in the loop so I think I can make a fair judgement tongue.gif From what I’ve read from diehard fans, this isn’t a vintage series so I won’t let that put me off of BB17 and I’ll try to go back and watch older series so the BBUS name isn’t tainted for me.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 25 2015, 12:37 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
Yaaaaas.

BB15UK: How fitting that almost your entire post was Helen-centric with Toya thrown in there randomly, because that's pretty much how my Top 100 post has gone thus far. I think really at the end of the day we were let down entirely by casting. Helen, Pauline, Steven, Ash ect. ect. ect. All came out as horrible bully-esq villains within the first week of the show. There's nothing really to add because that's the crap we got for the entire season.

BBAU11: Agreed. The whole "lets throw everything including the iamspamspamamisink" attitude this season was a real let down. The producers really did everything bar actually SHOW a regular episode to save this season.

CBB13: I've done my best now to scrub this from my memory.

CBB14: Well this just turned out to be a re-hash of the Summer Civilian series, did it not? Throw a whole bunch of vile and uninteresting people in a house and let's see what happens. How fitting again that the whole series revolved around the most vile person, but they ended up winning anyways.

BBUS16: ohmy.gif I had no idea that this was your first exposure to a Big Brother US Series! Such a horrible season to start watching - I'm sorry. Yes, please check out some previous seasons. It's hard to pick one in particular. I've always been a fan of Season 3.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 25 2015, 05:23 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jan 25 2015, 12:37 AM) *
Yaaaaas.

BB15UK: How fitting that almost your entire post was Helen-centric with Toya thrown in there randomly, because that's pretty much how my Top 100 post has gone thus far. I think really at the end of the day we were let down entirely by casting. Helen, Pauline, Steven, Ash ect. ect. ect. All came out as horrible bully-esq villains within the first week of the show. There's nothing really to add because that's the crap we got for the entire season.

BBAU11: Agreed. The whole "lets throw everything including the iamspamspamamisink" attitude this season was a real let down. The producers really did everything bar actually SHOW a regular episode to save this season.

CBB13: I've done my best now to scrub this from my memory.

CBB14: Well this just turned out to be a re-hash of the Summer Civilian series, did it not? Throw a whole bunch of vile and uninteresting people in a house and let's see what happens. How fitting again that the whole series revolved around the most vile person, but they ended up winning anyways.

BBUS16: ohmy.gif I had no idea that this was your first exposure to a Big Brother US Series! Such a horrible season to start watching - I'm sorry. Yes, please check out some previous seasons. It's hard to pick one in particular. I've always been a fan of Season 3.

BB15: Oops yeah, that does just emphasise how Helen centric it was kink.gif

BBAU: Exactly laugh.gif Especially when they had soooo many newbies but nobody even remembered they were there until they got evicted laugh.gif

CBB: Glad you agree they're both awful laugh.gif

BBUS: I think once CBB is over, I will get into a series. Maybe. Because I always like to try and fill a BB void laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 25 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
SINGING

The X Factor UK (Series 11):
With the nation’s sweetheart Cheryl Cole back on the panel, alongside original judge and creator Simon Cowell plus the fabulously cuting Scary Spice (aka Mel B), this series could only improve on 2013 (that, plus the fact 2013’s finalists were a horrific crop only saved by Tamera and Hannah at the end of the day…). As the auditions, bootcamp and judges’ houses progressed, this series seemed a little more exciting than usual as there was no real frontrunner (for example Matt Cardle in 2010 was an obvious winner from about bootcamp). In the first few weeks of the live shows, a few potential winners emerged but the surprise of the season was runner-up Fleur East. Anyone who watches the show would have written off a black, confident female who performs and raps as someone who’d struggle to pass week 3 (did I mention she’s an OVER as well?). Sadly, she ultimately couldn't topple the horny mother vote and safe, “hot” male Ben Haenow won the chance to be dropped in a year’s time. However much I disagreed with the outcome, and despite some questionable choices in the top 12, this series’ talent haul was undeniably stronger than the horror shows of 2012 and 2013 (who had about 4 or 5 really interesting acts between them, at a push) even if it couldn't hold a candle to the brilliance of 2008, 2010 or 2011.

The X Factor Australia (Series 6):
As in 2013, Australia’s singing spectacle absolutely trounced ours! With a decent balanced panel (Boyzone’s Ronan Keating, LMFAO’s Redfoo, Neighbours star Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Dannii Minogue), an incredible talent crop and the fact it didn’t take itself TOO seriously, Australia got it just right yet again. They did deploy a couple of “twists” (the wildcard in week 1, a vote reveal in week 5 and a bottom 3 sing-off in week 7) for pretty much the first time ever, because they are rare here they actually worked! There was only one truly horrific act (and one pretty bad) in the top 13, that one being the wildcard act Brothers3 (who I’ll talk about in the worst countdown kink.gif) who were probably the reason Dannii was so miserable for most of the season (they somehow came 3rd) - I would be too if I had to mentor them. Thankfully talent won out in the end and left us with a flawless top 2 of hot rocker Dean Ray and winner Marlisa. The only really bad things this year was the treatment of Reigan (by both Dannii and the audience, TWICE in the bottom for someone with that much talent is ridiculous) and how far Brothers3 got, but we can’t have it all. Samantha Jade, Dami Im and now Marlisa make it three brilliant winners in a row - well done Australia biggrin.gif

The Voice UK (Series 3):
Much less exciting than The X Factor, with much less commercial success, but slightly better ratings… 2014’s series of The Voice saw the beautiful eyes of Ricky Wilson and the lovely demeanour of Kylie Minogue join the legendary Tom Jones and crazy will.i.am. on the panel, but the rest of the series was as similarly formulaic as ever. As with Leah McFall, Christina Marie emerged as a potential star with an incredible voice who was a frontrunner to win. She also lives (or maybe lived, she might have moved after the show) no more than 15 minutes from me, it’s good to see someone from Bristol on there who’s actually really good! But alas, somehow we ended up with Jermain Jackman winning. Anybody actually remember him? No? Ok. Christina’s failure (tbf even Sally would have been a decent winner) to actually win or do well has made me just see this as an entertainment show for 2015, because if the BBC can’t support contestants from their own high rated show (Leah McFall couldn't even get a hit when assisted by will.i.am. because Radio 1 didn't support her). Note to self for this series - MUST. NOT. LET. MYSELF. THINK. THAT. ESMEE. DENTERS. CAN. WIN. OR. BE. HUGE. AFTERWARDS. sob.gif

The Voice Australia (Series 3):
Unlike The X Factor, Australia doesn't actually do this much better than us. Their panel wasn't great (Kylie and will.i.am. just like us, as well as the Madden brothers and Keith Urban) but they do actually choose the right winners (well, 2/3 times anyway, series 2’s winner was awfully dated). The talent pool was fairly good, but only a couple of them really impressed. I guess the format just isn't impactful or exciting enough, so like the UK version and US version I watch it and view it as entertainment rather than anything that’s going to make an impact on the music industry! I am excited for the new season, because the addition of Jessie J and the return of Delta Goodrem means that the panel is much better and with a show like this the panel is everything.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 25 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
BB15 was f***ing awful, I gave up watching properly once Toya left.

Although I am very stubborn lately once my fave goes to never watch it again, same happened when Frenchy went.

As much as I hated the publics attitude to SOMEHOW favouring Jim Davison, I really liked that series! The love triangle was actually gripping and Luisa kept the series quite strong too.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 25 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Jack @ Jan 25 2015, 06:54 PM) *
BB15 was f***ing awful, I gave up watching properly once Toya left.

Although I am very stubborn lately once my fave goes to never watch it again, same happened when Frenchy went.

As much as I hated the publics attitude to SOMEHOW favouring Jim Davison, I really liked that series! The love triangle was actually gripping and Luisa kept the series quite strong too.

It's tough to get me to turn off laugh.gif I had to turn off last series though, I think I lasted about a week after Frenchy went? laugh.gif I only liked Edele then really and she was never shown, it was just bloody Gary laugh.gif

I hated too many in Jim's series to enjoy it properly laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 25 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Dancing

Strictly Come Dancing (Series 12):
As with the previous two series (Kimberley Walsh and Sophie Ellis-Bextor), this series had one celebrity I cannot stand for no particular reason - Caroline bloody Flack. However, she won’t be in the worst countdown because I can’t deny her talent tongue.gif Anyway, the line-up in general was a lot better and this was great as some light entertainment (because of the XF clash I watched on iPlayer on a Sunday). It was made all the better by Claudia Winkleman replacing Bruce Forsyth, as her and Tess Daly work so well together. It’s a shame that Pixie was sacrificed for the sake of a shock elimination and Allison Hammond didn’t get further, but I enjoyed this series quite a bit.

Dancing With The Stars Australia (Series 14):
This was the first time I properly watched this, and that was just because of Ricki-Lee Coulter laugh.gif As I like Strictly and wanted to support her, I gave this a watch and it was decent. It was hard to properly enjoy it as much as Strictly because the only celebs I actually knew were Ricki-Lee, Mark Holden and Irene from Home and Away! Mark Holden provided hilairty though as he was possibly the worst dancer I’ve ever seen on one of these shows, and received the lowest possible score for his jazz routine - 4 out of 40. Oh dear. Ricki-Lee was thoroughly lovely all the way through and luckily talented enough to make the final, so I could see the series out with an incentive tongue.gif

Dancing On Ice (Series 9):
This has always been… a bit of a guilty pleasure. The final series was an all-star series, featuring previous winners, finalists, semi finalists and a couple of comedy acts. Luckily these included my personal favourites, soap stars Hayley Tammadon, Suzanne Shaw and Jorgie Porter as well as Olympian Beth Tweddle. Not so luckily, Jorgie was the first eliminated after jealous Samia Ghadie (aka Maria in Corrie, who was dating Jorgie’s skating partner Slyvian, there was beef as he broke up with Jorgie’s on screen cousin and close friend Jennifer Metcalfe to date Samia) started rumours… Also, the wholly arrogant Ray Quinn winning meant the series ended pretty badly, but ah well.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 27 2015, 11:13 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
OTHERS

RuPaul’s Drag Race (Series 6):
This year saw the growth of a new obsession for me; I went on to watch all of the other five series over the course of the year! An amazing line-up of varied drag queens, from amazingly trashy Adore Delano to cutting sarcastic Bianca Del Rio to dramatically irritating LaGanja Estranja, made it as bitchy, fabulous and camp as ever! Iconic challenges such as the Snatch Game (Bianca’s on point Judge Judy <3) as well as new challenges such as the rap battle combined to make each week a real hoot, and he fabulous RuPaul and Michelle Visage were both on hand to deliver on point judging as ever too, what more could you want?

The Great British Bake Off (Series 5):
As with Drag Race, this is something I only recently indulged in ohmy.gif However, unlike Bake Off I haven’t worked backwards. Bake Off is something of a cultural phenomenon, with “Bingate” this series being the biggest talking point! Contestant Iain’s Baked Alaska was taken out of the fridge and melted a bit; editing made it look like fellow contestant Diana did it and she subsequently quit due to illness. But anyway, sweetheart student Martha, “he would have been hot when he was younger” builder Richard and queen of flavour Chetna, among others, made this a wholly likeable bunch of contestants. I never realised that watching fashion designers, retired grandparents and engineers battle it out by baking florentines and ciabatta could be so gripping, entertaining and interesting but I found myself excited for each Wednesday at 8pm. Oh I need a life… laugh.gif

Britain’s Got Talent (Series 8):
Ending the reviews on a bit of a low, this was really not a stellar series of BGT… 2013 had one of my favourite contestants of all time in Francine Lewis, and an undeniable winner in Spellbound, but this series had a hugely underwhelming winning act (and top 5 or so in general tbh…). This was just a habit watch really, I watch every year and there was nothing else on. However, there were some great moments. The gorgeous Darcey Oake had me gripped with his magic act, although the problem with this format is that with variety acts you know what their act is and become bored of it by the time they get to the final and have done it a few times! It was also nice to see Ed Drewett pop up.

---------------

And we'll kick off with the worst contestants list, get the negativity out of the way kink.gif

First, some stats on which series have the most contestants on the list...

CBB13 - 5
BBUK - 5
BBAU - 3
X Factor UK - 3

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 27 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif

30 LaGanja Estranja (RuPaul's Drag Race, 8th)

Now, to be fair to Laganja she brought some laughs! I mean you have to laugh (whilst cringing behind your hand) at her "comedy" routine and catchphrase "OKKUURRRR", but she was really was a bit of a mess! From a stage name based on weed to endless hysterics and dramatics, drama and embarrassment was never too far behind dear LaGanja... Despite winning the previous make-up advert challenge with Adore Delano (who features on the opposite list, spoilerzz), her tragically cringe-worthy "comedy" challenge attempt was her maker and Laganja sashayed away after failing to sufficiently lipsync for her life against Joslyn Fox.

29 Gemma Kinghorn (BBAU, 23rd)

Ah, Gemma. Poor Gemma. In an overcrowded series with 23 housemates in total (including intruders/latecomers), she had the dubious honour of being the first out in a pairs twist. Basically, Gemma was paired with the nice but dull Jake and was placed against three other couples and they polled bottom of the vote. Rather than evict them both, BB decided that the housemates themselves would decide between Gemma and Jake... In a scene reminiscent of a year 7 PE lesson, we watched as every housemate was asked to stand behind their choice and all stood behind Jake, except for Priya, but more on her later (no prizes for guessing which countdown if you saw my sig while the show aired!). This was a desperately obvious outcome, because Gemma played everything wrong. She tried to emulate previous winner Tim Dormer by winding people up and stirring, but she didn't have the subtletly, skill or humour and failed to endear herself fully (if at all) to the public or her fellow housemates. If she wasn't so annoying and desperate to be someone she clearly wasn't, I might have had more sympathy for her!

28 Norman Calder (Great British Bake Off, 7th)

It's impossible to hate people on a show like Bake Off really, but Norman was hopeless and not even in a loveable way. He was a bit like your grandad, but I expect he'd be a bit more adventurous in the iamspamspamami#33; Norman was notorious for his laughably simple creations, which led to running jokes among Bake Off fans on Twitter that his showstopper would be a packet of pork pies laugh.gif So this is a bit of a cop-out almost, not based on his personality, and I don't have much more to say laugh.gif But his basic-ness did annoy me, so here he is.

27 Kimberly Kisselovich (BBUK, 11th)

It's a real shame Kim is here, because she was actually my favourite in the house for a week or so at the start! But the reason she went downhill was mainly Steven Goode (more on him later...). "Steverley" as they came to be known were a bit of an odd coupling and definitely an awful pair to watch, with "Kimbot" having no real personality after a certain point and Steven being completely over possessive and jealous. Kimberly herself was a bit of a waste of a housemate ultimately despite her promising start (she seemed smart, sassy and a breath of fresh air), because she was so meticulous in her thoughts behind every move and how they may impact her in the game that she wouldn't even crack a smile without weighing up the potential consequences... She was just so robotic, hence the nickname "Kimbot" laugh.gif I also blame her for Danielle's premature eviction, because in the Armageddon "twist", Pav and Pop Idol reject Zoe Birkett were set on sending Kim home before she was "taken ill" and given a bye... Only to walk the next day, too ill too return. She was joined by her now fiancee Steven just a week later when he left to a crowd of boos, so all was well for them I guess.

26 Bailey McConnell (Britain's Got Talent, 3rd in heat)

Our first singing act is Britain's Got Talent's token twinky male who's voice hasn't broken yet, because they're always fun. Right from his first audition, his voice was just SO grating and off key... But because he looked about 12 and sounded even younger, the judges were all for him. Even when he's being sold as a singer-songwrtier, the songs were nothing special and again if you took his looks away and doubled his age his "talent" would disappear kink.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 28 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I don't remember much of LaGanja other then the name.

Gemma too, what a magnificent casting selection that went horribly wrong. She was so miserable the entire time she was there. Even her Eviction wasn't about her - it was about Priya pretty much being the only person picking her. <3 Priya.

And Kimberly, of course, who showed up on my ranking. "Kimbot" is accurate. For the first 5 weeks she was very PC - non threatening, didn't really take sides. Towards the end however she became a miserable git and spent most of her time getting fingered or banged by Steven. That whole week with Marlon/Danielle/Kimberly/That Other Beast leaving was.. really.. just.. not needed. Danielle should have been brought back because Kimberly "walked" or whatever. But Pav/Zoe never should have been given that power in the first place. Look, pretty much with Kimberly you can't mention her time without naming 4-5 other houseguests. Pretty god damn useless if you ask me.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 28 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jan 28 2015, 05:53 PM) *
I don't remember much of LaGanja other then the name.

Gemma too, what a magnificent casting selection that went horribly wrong. She was so miserable the entire time she was there. Even her Eviction wasn't about her - it was about Priya pretty much being the only person picking her. <3 Priya.

And Kimberly, of course, who showed up on my ranking. "Kimbot" is accurate. For the first 5 weeks she was very PC - non threatening, didn't really take sides. Towards the end however she became a miserable git and spent most of her time getting fingered or banged by Steven. That whole week with Marlon/Danielle/Kimberly/That Other Beast leaving was.. really.. just.. not needed. Danielle should have been brought back because Kimberly "walked" or whatever. But Pav/Zoe never should have been given that power in the first place. Look, pretty much with Kimberly you can't mention her time without naming 4-5 other houseguests. Pretty god damn useless if you ask me.

Omg yes I remember thinking "she'll be really good" over Gemma when we had the little advert teaser thing, but as soon as even like 5 minutes after her VT I just thought she was hideously annoying laugh.gif

Exactly, Danielle could have returned! She wouldn't have lasted much longer but seeing as it wasn't a public vote there was surely nothing wrong with going back on the previous eviction? Meh.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 28 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

25 Lee Ryan (CBB13, 7th)

The first of five (!!!) housemates from the 13th series of Celebrity Big Brother to appear here is former Blue star Lee Ryan, who was the centre of a love triangle in which he played Jasmine Waltz and Casey Batchelor (both of whom I actually liked!). What kind of saves him over the other four awful housemates from CBB13 is that he was kinda hot (yes, shallowness comes into this, I mean look who is posting this, and he’s about the best we had for eye candy! laugh.gif)... I didn’t mind the love triangle I guess, compared to some other showmances or love storylines we’ve seen before, but Lee really did himself no favours! He just came across… a bit thick really. He saw no problem at all in jumping from Casey to Jasmine to Casey and back again, then back again once Jasmine was the second evictee… To be fair, this did provide one of the moments of the series (NOTHING comes even close to Luisa and Liz in the bath but more on that later in the next countdown) when Jasmine re-entered briefly for a task in which the housemates had to stay frozen whilst various shocking, offensive, embarrassing etc. things happened!

24 Lawson Reeves (BBAU, 13th)

Lawson’s fall from grace was ridiculous! In week 2-3 or so, Lawson was a favourite and seemed the kind of inoffensive Aussie guy who’d easily make the final because he’d endear himself to the public and nobody could dislike him enough to nominate him anyway. But then along came Cat’s attraction to him… Whilst he initially spurned her advance and left her to cry for the umpteenth time, one night he just seemed to switch and gave in. What’s so wrong with that, you ask? Lawson was in a committed relationship outside the house with a girl named Candice! He didn’t seem to consider her feelings, basically admitting on TV he loved Cat instead and essentially dumping her on national TV… Unsurpsingly, the public saw that Lawson wasn’t such a nice guy and he was evicted just a day before his beloved Cat, and Candice didn’t want to even speak to him. The hilarity of the situation is that him and Cat weren’t even together two weeks after the show drama.gif
(Also I still can't get past the fact someone said he looks like Sloth from the Goonies and that's not even inaccurate)

23 Younger Than Yesterday (X Factor AU, 12th)

The first of two Aussie singing acts, both groups, in this countdown is the budget 5 Seconds Of Summer, Younger Than Yesterday. X Factor Australia are just as obsessed with 1D as ours is, and every year seems to have a boyband who is compared to them… But these guys were a new low. They auditioned as solo acts but were put together at bootcamp as a group - and it showed :/ They somehow made it through Judges’ Houses and onto the live stage, but even though they had two months or so to prepare, their perfomances of Somebody To You and One Way Or Another were not only horribly cliched song choices but also horrifically messy. I did cut them a little slack for being put together at bootcamp so not being together as long as other groups, but it really did seem as if they were three random boys plucked off the street and asked to sing a song they’d only heard once before… Thankfully they were the second act eliminated!

22 Magnolia Crawford (RuPaul’s Drag Race, 13th)

Magnolia was one of the casualties of Drag Race’s two-part “Big Opening”, but unlike fellow eliminee Kelly Mantle I can’t say she was much of a loss… Her attitude was horrible, as she was pretty defeatist just because she didn’t get allocated the supplies she wanted for a challenge. When she didn’t create an outfit to the best of her ability, Magnolia was criticised by the panel and reacted awfully; she was very defensive and quite rude! But really, it was awful! I could made it! It was basically cow patterned fabric wrapped around her... After a lipsync against Darienne Lake, Magnolia had to sashay away and admitted at the live finale she didn’t even watch the season!

21 Sandra Nixon (BBAU, 16th)

Just the name Sandra is quite annoying… laugh.gif Sandra started off ok, I thought she’d be nice enough to last maybe to near the final and be quite likeable. But she soon became quite miserable, and ungrateful for the experience she was given. Then she fell for taken housemate Sam, but fortunately they didn’t do a Cat/Lawson! She spent most of time embarrassingly pining after him, and even worse than that she was stuck to him and Ryan, who she saw as “cool and popular”... But that just made her seem like a year 9 who gets to hang around with the year 11s once and lets it go to their head. Sandra seemed to think that she was some sort of a Mean Girl Queen Bee alongside her “hot” friends, but both her and Sam were fairly early exits because being pretty boring and unlikeable doesn’t cut it in a vote to save (well, for most housemates).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 29 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

20 Linda Nolan (CBB13, 8th)

That was pretty much Linda’s permanent expression…. Linda seemed alright at first, but to be fair most housemates do! Unfortunately, BB’s casting of her was probably to stir up trouble as there was major beef between her and Jim Davidson - and boy did she let us know that! It felt like 99% of her whole stay was focused on hating Jim, berating him for everything, because he threatened her husband (who had stolen money from Frank Carson’s, a friend of Jim’s, dressing room) 15 years ago. Sure, Jim was detestable and a terrible winner, but I just hate when housemates on Big Brother waste so much of their time focusing on someone else in there… Enjoy YOUR OWN stay for god’s sake!

19 Jim Davidson (CBB13, WINNER)

Fittingly, Linda’s best mate Jim ends up just above her - he is the first winner here so far but not the last! Jim was very “of his time”, by which the Facebook warrior housewives of a certain age mean “he is allowed to be whatever -ist he wants, he can’t help it”. Jim’s miserable old man routine somehow managed to win the public over and he constantly topped the vote to save and eventually won the show. Sadly, BB winners only got worse in 2014 as you wil see a bit latter in the countdown…

18 Devin Sheppard (BBUS, 14th)

The first of three BBUS housemates to appear here is Devin, who was the 3rd to be evicted by his fellow housemates. Given that all the gameplay (nominations, voting to evict etc.) is done in-house, Devin really did himself over by sneaking around forming alliances with EVERYONE, then of course having to double cross certain people to stay true to other alliances… He was just such a mess and played the game appallingly. Granted, that was quite interesting to watch but it was just too much after a while and his obvious eviction was very satisfying.

17 Jermain Jackman (The Voice UK, WINNER)

Another winner who was awful enough to make this countdown is the most recent winner of The Voice UK. I don’t think there has EVER been such a non-descript winner of a singing show! I barely even remember him being on the show, and I have no idea how he managed to win against an incredible vocalist and ready made popstar (not that anyone actually gets to be a star after the show, hai Leah McFall’s failure) like Christina Marie. Sure, his voice was good. But that’s it. He had no star quality, personality, actually. I just had to laugh when he actually won. Complete repeat of Andrea winning over Leah, but worse!

16 Ben Haenow (X Factor UK, WINNER)

Another singing winner finishes off this section, except for some of this guy’s performances i’d argue that labelling him a “singer” might be going too far (I exaggerate, but only a little bit!)... Ben was always going to do well really, he was “hot” (personally he didn’t do much for me), male, an everyman and had a safe rock voice. Week after week he gave safe performances that were just about vocally competent, but as time went on I feel that (in general) he actually got worse rather than improving and going on a journey…. His butchering of I Will Always Love You is possibly one of the worst Whitney covers (even though it’s really a Dolly Parton song!!11!!1), and he sucked all emotion and meaning out of Hallelujah. Maybe I am just bitter he beat Fleur East in the final, but if he was 20 years older, bald and fat with the same voice he’d probably not have even made the live shows. I know The X Factor is more than voice, but being slightly attractive does not mean you have the X Factor.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 29 2015, 03:54 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

15 Ryan Ginns (BBAU, WINNER)

ANOTHER winner, but there are still a couple more to come! If you watched the first 3 weeks or so of BBAU and nothing else, you’d laugh upon finding out that Ryan won the series. He genuinely most likely had less airtime than the house dog… I forgot he was in there to be honest. And I cannot even begin to explain how on earth he won, despite the fact it became more and more obvious it would happen as he became a little prominent and time went on. Ryan didn’t really have a lot to him really, he was far too “chilled” and “laid back” to bother having much of a personality, and when he did have a personality he was fairly rude, arrogant and dismissive of others. Maybe he was a bit “normal Aussie bloke” but runner-up Travis filled that role infinitely better and was better looking. In a series that contained Priya, Skye, Aisha and Travis, it’s a shame that such a boring, dull person had to win but I guess it’s symbolic for a series that was often made boring by the producers handling it so badly.

14 Mark Byron (BBUK, 8th)

Just reading his name almost fills my head with his screechy dramatised Liverpudlian accent *shudders*... Mark started off as a fairly loveable character, endearingly dumb and happy. He seemed so harmless and fun, and served as light relief in the first few weeks with many explosions from Helen… Ultimately he was proven to be very self absorbed with a sky high opinion of himself. As he integrated more with the “in” group in the house (Helen, Ash, Kimberly, Steven, Winston etc.), Mark went quickly downhill. He genuinely believed he would walk to the win, and that he was so much better than the likes of Danielle, Ashleigh and even his beloved CHRISTOPHEEEEE (who he kissed and had a kind of showmance with but he picked up and dropped Christopher whenever he wanted). That’s why it was so satisfying to watch the public begin to hate him, and even more satisfying to watch him exit to boos.

13 Bars & Melody (Britain’s Got Talent, 3rd)

The second and final awful BGT act in this countdown! BAM finished 3rd (somehow), probably because of their ages. For young kids (although actually I think one of them may only be a year or so younger than me, awks), they are SO PUNCHABLE. And their talent is… let’s just say barely there. I just don’t get the love. I think they’re another case of “double their age and their appeal would disappear”... Also one of them comes from about 15-20 minutes away from where I live, ew.

12 Overload Generation (X Factor UK, 15th)

Fittingly, one of the boys in Bars & Melody’s brother is in this group laugh.gif And it’s the one who comes from near me, the Bristol embarrassment just keeps coming ;_; Even coming from a show that gave us Jedward, Rough Copy and Bad Lashes, I have to say these guys are most probably the worst group XF has ever seen. I don’t really have any words for them except… embarrassing really! They were completely out of tune, messy - everything was pretty much off. There’s a reason Louis didn’t even take them to judges’ houses, but they got a reprieve thanks to the wildcard twist. Thankfully, they landed in the sing-off in week 1 with Stephanie Nala and deadlock ousted them, so they came 15th.

11 Christine Brecht (BBUS, 6th)

Just missing the top 10 is BB16’s Christine. She started off as a favourite of mine (this is a recurring theme, I need to choose my initial favourites better kink.gif) and I loved her friendship with Nicole but it wasn’t long before she was in alliances with the wrong people and dropped Nicole. She was quite snakey and desperate to be in the “in” crowd with Cody, Derrick, Caleb etc., but everybody except her knew she’d be pretty much the first one who they’d drop when the time came where they had to turn on their own kind… She was heavily booed on her exit (apparently a rare occurence for BBUS!!) because of her flirtation with Cody while in the house because she is actually married, but that had no effect on her relationship and she is still married afaik!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jan 29 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

The one on the right doesn't bother me but THAT FACE THE ONE ON THE LEFT PULLS ALL THE TIME, THE HEAD DOWN BUT GLANCING UP AS IF HE'S GOT LOST IN THE PARK AND HE CAN'T FIND HIS PARENTS, HIS EYE IS ALMOST QUIVERING FROM THE STRAIN HE'S PUTTING ON SUCH A STUPID EXPRESSION. AND HE ALWAYS DOES IT. NOT CUTE.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 29 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Lee Ryan - CRINGE. I had him high on my list tho. For a male he brought a bit of baggage and drama. I think it was pretty shit he didn't get a proper eviction/lashing however.

Lawson - Had so much promise and potential and pretty much f***ed it up. Never get into a Showmance - it's boring.

Sandra - AGAIN, another person with so much potential who just ended up being a horrible sook. She went when she deserved to go. Borewhore.

Linda/Jim - That picture you found of Linda is fantastic. Spot on really. Jim, I don't think he really WON over the public, he was more or less the best option to win, other than Luisa obviously.

Devin - Oh my god, such a mess. I was literally sitting there wondering how someone could play as stupid as he did. It's pretty bad when you get kicked out of the house on a PERSONAL level - his leaving had nothing to do with his gameplay or being a threat, it was pretty much just geared towards that he was too much and he needed to go. But he was doing it for his daughter, not sure if you knew that *rolls eyes*

Ben Haenow - Love the last name. Didn't watch the X-Factor but did hear his winning song. I like it. Hairy arms too. Yum.

Ryan Ginns - NEIN NEIN NEIN. I was shocked he even MADE it into my Top 100. Such a horrible winner.

Mark - Your opinion is pretty much spot on, and will be exactly what I'm going to say when I eliminate him in my Top 10. Very likeable but it all went south VERY quick.

Christine - I don't even think she was in my Top 100. She never really produced anything entertaining to watch other than the cringemance with Cody. Her gut intuition was 100% correct and she was FIRM a lot of the times. She actually had a few opportunities to change how the game was going to be played but failed to do so on every occasion. She could have been amazing, but, she was played probably harder than anyone else this year.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 30 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Robot @ Jan 29 2015, 04:59 PM) *

The one on the right doesn't bother me but THAT FACE THE ONE ON THE LEFT PULLS ALL THE TIME, THE HEAD DOWN BUT GLANCING UP AS IF HE'S GOT LOST IN THE PARK AND HE CAN'T FIND HIS PARENTS, HIS EYE IS ALMOST QUIVERING FROM THE STRAIN HE'S PUTTING ON SUCH A STUPID EXPRESSION. AND HE ALWAYS DOES IT. NOT CUTE.

laugh.gif they both annoy me that much to be fair! Ew.

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jan 29 2015, 05:28 PM) *
Lee Ryan - CRINGE. I had him high on my list tho. For a male he brought a bit of baggage and drama. I think it was pretty shit he didn't get a proper eviction/lashing however.

Lawson - Had so much promise and potential and pretty much f***ed it up. Never get into a Showmance - it's boring.

Sandra - AGAIN, another person with so much potential who just ended up being a horrible sook. She went when she deserved to go. Borewhore.

Linda/Jim - That picture you found of Linda is fantastic. Spot on really. Jim, I don't think he really WON over the public, he was more or less the best option to win, other than Luisa obviously.

Devin - Oh my god, such a mess. I was literally sitting there wondering how someone could play as stupid as he did. It's pretty bad when you get kicked out of the house on a PERSONAL level - his leaving had nothing to do with his gameplay or being a threat, it was pretty much just geared towards that he was too much and he needed to go. But he was doing it for his daughter, not sure if you knew that *rolls eyes*

Ben Haenow - Love the last name. Didn't watch the X-Factor but did hear his winning song. I like it. Hairy arms too. Yum.

Ryan Ginns - NEIN NEIN NEIN. I was shocked he even MADE it into my Top 100. Such a horrible winner.

Mark - Your opinion is pretty much spot on, and will be exactly what I'm going to say when I eliminate him in my Top 10. Very likeable but it all went south VERY quick.

Christine - I don't even think she was in my Top 100. She never really produced anything entertaining to watch other than the cringemance with Cody. Her gut intuition was 100% correct and she was FIRM a lot of the times. She actually had a few opportunities to change how the game was going to be played but failed to do so on every occasion. She could have been amazing, but, she was played probably harder than anyone else this year.

Lee - Hmm I guess at least he brought some drama...As I said I did at least enjoy the love triangle thing more than other storylines of its type.
Sandra - I really hate when housemates seem to ungrateful for their experience drama.gif
Jim - Hmm I guess you're right, I still think Sam would've won if she wasn't so ill and thus devoid of airtime...
Devin - omg yes, as if they'd all avoiding nominating or evicting him because of his daughter laugh.gif
Ben - he murdered One Republic's best song sad.gif
Ryan - ikr drama.gif He's going to be that winner in a few years who you thought actually came like 7th in another year rather than 1st in 2014.
Mark - it went to his head drama.gif
Christine - yeah I think that's part of why I dislike her a lot too laugh.gif She had promise, but for a "BB superfan" who "watched live feeds all the time" she was just bloody terrible laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 30 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif

10 Kellie Maloney (CBB14, 9th)

Kicking off the top 10 is this transgender boxing promoter (who was the highest paid contestant of the series, after coming out as transgender just before her signing and shocking the sporting world). Kellie was an early favourite to win due to her brave decision to come out publicly but came only 9th! This is because her stay was nothing more than a cloud of misery really… Whenever she was on screen, Kellie would be upset, miserable, angry or another negative emotion, and every time she spoke it was about her transition… Of course, I understand that it’s a huge step for her and she needed support etc. but it just made her come across as very boring. She was actually kind of aggressive and threatening too at times! Thankfully the public didn’t really take to her and she was the sixth housemate to be evicted!

09 Lionel Blair (CBB13, 10th)

We’ve already had a few from CBB13, but Lionel isn’t even quite the last one! The one thing that sticks in my mind about Lionel, and made my distate for him worsen, is when he was in that “most annoying room ever” with Luisa. He practically begged her to climb over the gate thing and get the chocolates, and when she did he wolfed them all down. But when the consequences came, he erupted at her and blamed her for breaking the rules despite being more than happy to scoff the chocolates. He was very self entitled and rude, and clearly felt his many years of showbiz experience made him better than everyone else. But the public didn’t feel the same way, and Lionel was evicted 3rd.

08 Steven Goode (BBUK, 10th)

As I mentioned when Kimberley, “Steverley” were just an AWFUL pairing. Not that Steven was ever really any good(e) :boom: From the start he was terrible, especially his weird fixation on the awful Pauline, but when he got with Kimberley there was really no going back. He was unbelievably creepy and possessive, which inspired much hilarity on social media (such as the pic above)! But worst of all was the incident that earned him the nickname “two second Steven” - basically him and Kim had sex on the show and it was actually shown. I shall never get the image of Steven humping (or whatever on earth you’d call that action he was attempting laugh.gif) out of my head :/ It’s quite fitting that he was evicted 6 days after Kimberly walked due to “illness”, and actually they are still together. Clearly delusional about his own popularity, Steven recently ran a competition in which “”””lucky””””” fans had the chance to win an invite to him and Kim’s wedding...

07 Helen Wood (BBUK, WINNER)

NEVER have I seen a housemate be so favoured by the producers… Well, maybe until Perez in the current series of CBB. Helen received a pass to the final ON DAY 2 (!!!) after the producers messed up the Power Trip theme almost instantly. For the first 24 hours, Helen seemed like an ok girl, pretty dull and nice. But it soon transpired she was anything but dull and nice! Whether it was because she felt the pass to the final made her somewhat invincible or not we’ll never know, but Helen made the most of immunity by doing things that would almost certainly get her nominated and evicted under normal circumstances. She was absolutely vile to anyone who dared to have a slightly different opinion to her or wasn’t part of her little in crowd, she had so many explosive expletive filled arguments and insulted pretty much everyone. She was so hated on the outside right up until even a week before the final or so, when people piped up and said she must win, she was the only entertaining one etc…. Granted, the series would have been less eventful without her but you don’t need to be as loud, vile and offensive as Helen to be an entertaining or worthy housemate.

06 Frankie Grande (BBUS, 5th)

Ah, Frankie and his delusion… Whilst his sister Ariana spent those three months or so having worldwide hits and performing at the biggest awards shows, Frankie spent them making the US hate him. Frankie genuinely seemed to believe he is more famous than his sister and thus would walk to the win - although he took a while to disclose his famous sibling. But when he did, he did so in his trademark attention seeking way… Frankie was bitchy about many of his fellow houseguests, was more desperate to win than pretty much anyone there (that’s not always a bad thing) and worst of all had a much higher opinion of himself than every viewer combined… It was therefore immensely entertaining and satisfying to watch him crumble as everyone turned against him. We would have been rid of him long before we were if he didn’t somehow manage to win that Battle Of Block that Caleb threw all by himself! :/

puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 30 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #20
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
That's a really horrific bunch laugh.gif Lionel aside, I found his argument with Luisa hilarious - AM I YOUR BOSS NOW??? was a moment *.*

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:48 PM