BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Troublepink's Top 20 Katy Perry Songs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post Mar 23 2015, 05:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
First of all let me say that this was a lot harder than I thought it would be laugh.gif It was hard enough to pick 20 songs, but then to put them in an order of favourite was really difficult, especially the top 10!

Anyway, this is a list of my Top 20 songs by Katy Perry.

I've loved Katy sings I kissed a girl single was released. I've seen her live once on the California Dreams tour and really regret not being able to get tickets for the Prism tour. I love her style, she is gorgeous, and she has a fantastic personality heart.gif My favourite album is One of the Boys, I am definitely more of a fan of her earlier stuff, and it took me a while to get into the latest album

I've recently opened Katy Perry History fan page, please follow the pages, I'm still trying to bump up the followers & likes on them laugh.gif (Facebook, Twitter)

Kicking off the list at number 20 is.....

This is how we do

First up is the fifth single from Prism. Wikipedia describes this track as 'dance-pop', and dance music isn't usually my kind of thing, but I really like this track and it puts me in a good mood biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by troublepink: Mar 23 2015, 05:13 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 23 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Yay, excited for this!

TIHWD is a lot of fun, not the best single choice but it really won me over through its catchiness. Shame it wasn't more supported for a higher peak sad.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Mar 23 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Interested to see this, not to say the only thing you're interested in is Pink but I know 'One Of The Boys' has a few tracks that wouldn't sound out of place on a Pink album, so it'll be interesting to see what shows here. My list would be so basic and single heavy, oops.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Mar 23 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Katy is one of the few 'mainstream' artists out atm who i really like. Apart from Pink, a lot of the stuff I listen to is old rock and stuff that most people have never heard of laugh.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 23 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Really looking forward to this heart.gif

Hoping I kissed a girl and hot n cold make appearances later on smile.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 23 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Josh. @ Mar 23 2015, 10:43 AM) *
Yay, excited for this!

TIHWD is a lot of fun, not the best single choice but it really won me over through its catchiness. Shame it wasn't more supported for a higher peak sad.gif
But Riff Raff blink.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Mar 25 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
I'll continue with this in the next few days. This week has been crazy! drama.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 27 2015, 08:08 AM
Post #8
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
This Is How We Do took time to grow on me, it wasn't til I saw it performed live that it was well and truly sold to me! Still in my bottom 2 Katy singles (with Hot N Cold) but that says more about the strength of her whole discography rather than this song itself.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Mar 27 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
It's not one of my faves and at #20 I'd say that's about right

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Mar 28 2015, 10:54 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Sorry, I promise I'm not going to flop with this list laugh.gif I've been really busy with work, now my weekend is here and I'm sick drama.gif will try to post a couple more tomorrow, really don't wanna be on my laptop today sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 28 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
TIHWD is great! Always stood out as a highlight from 'Prism' for me and I was so happy it became a single. Pleased to see it feature in your top 20! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Mar 29 2015, 10:05 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
As I've left it so long to post my next song, I'll post two with this post tongue.gif

If We Ever Meet Again
Katy teamed up with Timbaland for this track. I think it was a single from one of his albums. This is another song that would be listed in my 'don't usually listen to this sorta thing' list laugh.gif Its very catchy...and i'll probably have it stuck in my head all day now tongue.gif

Not Like The Movies
wub.gif Her voice on this song is incredible. Written for Teenage Dream, it was released as a promotional single in August 2010. The song was performed on the California Dreams tour.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 29 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Not Like The Movies is stunning, for someone who gets flack for her vocals it's a wonderful ballad.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 29 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #14
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I agree with Liam, both Not Like The Movies and By The Grace of God are excellent ballads from her because they just so how good her voice does sound when it's vulnerable and there isn't lots of production to distract people from it.

If We Ever Meet Again will always be one of her best for me because it's one that I just have a lot of memories attached to singing/hearing it. One of the best melodies in a pop song for a long time. Hoping for another of her great features Starstrukk to appear here too! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Mar 30 2015, 02:52 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Love both of those tracks, when I first heard Timbaland's bit on IWEMA I thought it was gonna be another generic R&B song, then Katy soared in with her bit and instantly fell in love with it. Not Like The Movies is again another nice track, but don't think it would be in my personal top 20, maybe top 25

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Apr 2 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away was released in 2011 as the sixth single from Teenage Dream. I remember first seeing the video to this song, I was in tears! Lovely song and video heart.gif

Dark Horse

Originally released as a promo single for Prism, and then later released as the album's third single. Another great video from Katy! Although I seem to remember it was criticised for its theme, but anyway i like it. The song is good too, but i would prefer it without the rap laugh.gif
This performance heart.gif

+Quote this post
post Apr 2 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I LOVE that performance of Dark Horse. I think the spooky aesthetic works so much better with the song than the Egyptian one, so I was really hoping she'd have gone for this style for the video. Massive Halloween jam for me (with ET).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 3 2015, 09:07 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
TOTGA isn't as great as people like to think sad.gif I do really like it, but it's probably like 10th or 11th out of her singles for me and mos people consider it an absolute highlight.

Dark Horse is amazing though, over the past year or so it's really held up and I'd say it's safely among my favourite Katy tracks for me.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Apr 3 2015, 11:31 PM
Post #19
Group icon
The One That Got Away is another great song from her, I remember at the time I wasn't too sure about it being a single, but when the video came out, I thought... well amazing, another perfect single from the ever iconic brilliance of the Teenage Dream era.

Dark Horse was an instant firm fave with me, when this and "Walking On Air" were leaked as promo singles, I knew that "Dark Horse" had to be released and then It was, I just loved how different it was from her other stuff, it was just cool and so brilliant and personally I'd place it in my top 10 faves.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Apr 9 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
15. Thinking of you

Thinking of you was released as the third single from One of the boys, and also produced by one of my absolute favourite favourites, Butch Walker heart.gif This song is super old skool, apparently there is a video of Katy performing this acoustically in 2006. There are two music videos for the song, which i LOVE, the well known video is really emotional, with flashbacks of world war 2 love. The original video shows a a light VS dark relationship...

14. International Smile
From old skool (Thinking of you)...to a more recent track! An album track from Prism, feel-good-up-beat, i love listening to this song loud, especially in the gym and i think its got a nice summer feel to it as well.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:39 PM