BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> True Blue turns 30 ● Favourite music video
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
True Blue ~ Music Videos
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
HausofKubrick
post Jul 7 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

The 'True Blue' anniversary celebrations are just getting started! In this poll, you'll be deciding your favourite music video released during the era.

Considered by many to be the era when Madonna continued to really take care with her music videos and offer visionary visuals to go along with the songs, which was your favourite? The music videos are largely adored by critics, the public and social commentators as they can come with complex messages and really elevate the songs to new levels. They also helped Madonna to become the first female artist to receive the Video Vanguard Award at the 1986 MTV Video Music Awards in recognition of her impact on popular culture! So let's discuss them! Are there any videos that you can't stand out of the five released during this era or any that have special memories attached to them?

Refresh your memory of the 5 videos being discussed below before voting in the poll and commenting in the thread biggrin.gif

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Remember you are voting for your favourite music video out of those included here (not necessarily the songs themselves!)~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 7 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Without refreshing my memory by re-watching (which I will do before voting), I imagine 'Papa Don't Preach' is my favourite for the fact it tells such a touching story and brings more out of the song and 'True Blue' will probably be last since it's pretty naff and cheesy (I know the song kinda is too but it has such a lovely, sweet melody to it to compensate).

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jul 7 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Easily papa don't preach , not her best video era live to tell and true blue are not great .

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jul 8 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
All the videos are great in their own way for this era, this is definitely her best era for me and probably her best album with the best run of singles. I voted for 'Papa Don't Preach' as the best video for it's interesting storyline and the way it perfectly blends with the words, and plus that first shot of Madonna's fantastic new short hair do was just amazing, always loved that classic platinum blonde hairdo of hers. Plus the story of the video is very touching and moving without the message being shoved down your throat.

My opinions on the other videos 'Live To Tell', okay this may not be one of her best, but sometimes less is more and it really works here, just simplistic without being boring, and loved Madonna's new look here, so classy. 'True Blue' another simple video, love the simple blue backgrounds and camera shots and editing along with it's 50's styled themed, just a really good video. 'Open Your Heart', probably my 2nd fave video from this era, with Madonna being risqué without being smutty. Then finally 'La Isla Bonita', another really fantastic video where again Madonna shows off yet another new look, the brown hair really suits here, and plus that Spanish red dress that Madonna looks fantastic in, and well the video is just beautifully shot and just love the setting.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 8 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The Papa Don't Preach video breaks my heart. A beautifully shot, choreographed and stylised video. Everything about it is on point, especially Madonna herself throughout it. I love how it reflects the mousy, yet confident tone of the song.

In second place, i'd rank Open Your Heart quite easily. It's another powerful statement, controversial but not overly sexualised and very classy given the subject matter of the video. It's a very "critic friendly" video, raising all sorts of questions and pushing the masculine gaze theory into prominence.

I ADORE the red dress scenes in the La Isla Bonita video. She looks absolutely stunning and so radiant <3

The True Blue video is cute and friendly but that's also what works against it. It doesn't really go anywhere and I get that the song is quite cheesy too, but the video makes it so much so that it's almost too much to take laugh.gif I still enjoy the video but I would've liked something a bit more gutsy to counteract the sweet tone of the song.

The Live to Tell video I find very simple but effective. Totally cinematic and reflective of the grand nature of the song. Just not enough Madonna shots for my liking ~

The videos on the whole are very good and the Papa Don't Preach and Open Your Heart ones are fantastic. The former gets my vote... just about.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 10 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Quite a clear winner laugh.gif Need more votes though!!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 11 2016, 04:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Without a doubt - Papa Don't Preach! wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:09 AM