BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Billboard Music Awards Performance Thread, All news here please!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J-o-e
post May 18 2015, 09:23 AM
Post #41
Freakshow
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,131
   No Gallery Pics

I wish they had at least tried to make it sound live like in other performances she's mimed, and I like Iggy but I would rather Britney did a dance break instead of her rap...she took away from the performance just looking a bit odd. That aside it was good she's promoting but she's done much better performances.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post May 18 2015, 09:54 AM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

that's her easily best performance since Womanizer on X Factor. if only editing was right.

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post May 18 2015, 09:55 AM
Post #43
BuzzJack Legend

and she looked DAMN SEXY, Jesus!

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post May 18 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #44
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

QUOTE(▲Rob▲ @ May 18 2015, 12:21 PM) *
I need to see this performance!! Anyone got a link that works??

Here you go. Scroll down for Britney's http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/2015-bill...d-music-awards/

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 18 2015, 10:13 AM
Post #45
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Just to clarify, I do not hate Britney at all. I just found the performance utterly tragic and not up to standards I expect from someone like Brit and Iggy.

Go on, try to drag my faves, it's okay. I can handle it

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post May 18 2015, 10:22 AM
Post #46
BuzzJack Legend

what exactly are Iggy's standards? and what did u expected from Britney?

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 18 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #47
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Iggy felt like she wasn't there mentally. You could barely hear her over the backing track.

Britney has put on better performances during her POM shows. These dance moves were lacklustre handwaves, despite her enthusiasm and her clearly enjoying herself. She looked a damn mess in that outfit and the whole performance felt empty to me.

Hopefully this clarified enough for you and the "hater-card" can stop being played

This post has been edited by *Tim: May 18 2015, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post May 18 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #48
BuzzJack Legend

well OK, your opinion, i'm just failing to see ''terrible'' comment.
dancing was from video and on point. costume gets praise from everyone, fits her so well and she looked sexy in it.
after promo performances from FF era this is huge improvement (although we have got that improvement earlier with Work Bitch performance on POM show) but general public didn't.

+Quote Post
Acoustic
post May 18 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #49
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 8,919

Brit looked beautiful on the red carpet.

The performance was great. Brit's attitude and her hair flips killed me.

+Quote Post
April
post May 18 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #50
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

I'm gonna have to agree with Tim. The performance was a mess. Iggy in particular looked like she couldn't be arsed and looked really awkward on stage.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post May 18 2015, 12:50 PM
Post #51
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(*Tim @ May 18 2015, 06:29 AM) *
Iggy felt like she wasn't there mentally. You could barely hear her over the backing track.

Britney has put on better performances during her POM shows. These dance moves were lacklustre handwaves, despite her enthusiasm and her clearly enjoying herself. She looked a damn mess in that outfit and the whole performance felt empty to me.

Hopefully this clarified enough for you and the "hater-card" can stop being played

This post is A-ok. Your other post was not. Just too clarify.

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post May 18 2015, 01:00 PM
Post #52
Let's Go Brandon
Member No.: 421

I liked the performance mostly for her enthusiasm, its nice to see a real smile for once. Its not a great performance but its not tragic either, and hopefully the good reviews will encourage her to get even better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Luciano
post May 18 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #53
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 96

Saying this was tragic is reaching.

I know I tend to be biased but what a great time to be a Britney fan.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post May 18 2015, 02:21 PM
Post #54
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I do think it's a lot better for us Britney stans (moreso than the casual fans etc...) because we know how far she's come since the performances from the FF tour etc... and it's all getting a lot tighter and a lot neater as far as Britney performances go. It's been years in the waiting for her to do another high profile TV performance and I'm just pleased it seems to have been received very well overall. Especially after the last awards show performance... laugh.gif

Was it perfect? Absolutely not. But it was SO good to see her perform the best she's performed in a while, to see her look so confident on stage again and to see her doing some actual choreography (as opposed to just pointing a lot and moving from one side of the stage to the other etc... - which she's been guilty of on more than one occasion).

I think this Vegas residency has done absolute wonders for her and been the single best thing to happen to her career in almost a decade! Not only for her performance ability and slowly getting into the more tricky routines again, but for HER. Her confidence has been boosted tenfold and you can really tell in the interviews and promo campaigns she's done since the residency.

My main criticisms about the performance was the camera work. Majority of it was moving to fast from shot to shot for me and as someone else pointed out, I wish they did the video edit of the song with the two dance breakdowns! I think that would have been so much fun.

This era has already slayed every other era (promo wise obvz) for me since ITZ. It's all down to how much she's actually looking like she actually wants this era to happen. She looks a lot happier because of it.

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 18 2015, 02:26 PM
Post #55
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

She looked like she was having fun, which was nice to see, but the outfit was pretty hideous IMO, hair was lovely. Song remains utter pants.
Her BF continues to be a hunk and a half.

+Quote Post
star.shine
post May 18 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #56
swimming in the stars
Member No.: 11,697
   No Gallery Pics

They should've made use of the costumes they wore at the end of the music video before being teleported up; I'm sure they would've been comfortable too. I thought the performance was nice; Britney seemed to enjoy herself and that's good enough for me. It just didn't feel like an awards show performance which is also fine because if she's not comfortable with performing on that stage then that's her prerogative.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post May 18 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #57
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Eh, it was good enough. She looked cute and it did the job but it didn't exactly wow me.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 18 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #58
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Relive The Experience.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 18 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #59
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

What is up with the audio on that? Iggy sounds about 5 times as loud as Britney.

+Quote Post
calxyum
post May 18 2015, 08:55 PM
Post #60
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Member No.: 20,799

well this was underwhelming.

i think what is missing from practically all of her performances is a VOICE. mimeney shouldn't have to exist 17+ years into her music career, it's just a shame she can't a hold a tune live unless static. iggy was more audible during the chorus but even that isn't saying much.

god bless britney she really seemed to be enjoying it and i'm glad that she's finally in a happy place in her life but enthusiasm isn't what sells a performance or indeed an artist. as much as i don't want to say it i think this level of success or worse is all we'll get from britney from now on if she continues down the path that she's always walked - the generic, manufactured pop star route.

kids view her as that singer that their mums used to love and adults have no interest in her effort anymore unless of course they're die-hard stans or particularly keen on modern music. pretty girls is a carbon copy of fancy and the fact that iggy features on it emphasises that - that's just not enough to propel her back to the level of stardom that she once held.

don't get me wrong i adore britney and would love nothing more to be proved wrong but it's just not good enough any more. she is a queen but i think it's time for her to join, mariah, jlo + xtina in the has-beens... or get a lot better - FAST. peace out heart.gif

This post has been edited by CallumDC: May 18 2015, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:28 PM