BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney clarifies "body shaming" Instagram post, "I’m not trying to be critical of anybody"
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 13th September 2022, 10:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I wish I could have chosen the nannies for my children … my dancers … I mean if I had Christina Aguilera’s dancers I would have looked extremely small 💃💃💃… I mean why not talk about it ?? Don’t you think my confidence would have been a bit better if I could choose where I lived, ate, whom I called on the phone, dated and who was on stage with me !!! It’s hard sometimes now I see how much of my womanhood was stripped away at that time and every person sat back and didn’t say a thing !!! Anyways … I will be here talking bout things people NEVER talked about 🙄🙄🙄 !!!

By no means was I being critical of Christina’s beautiful body, it is what it is !!! I flew to see her show once and the main thing I noticed was the difference of our people on stage !!! By no means did I even mention Christina, look at my post !!! I was inspired by her show and she is a beautiful woman of power … Thank you @xtina for inspiring me !!!

To be honest, I’m not trying to be critical of anybody. What I posted is a projection of the insecurities I deal with all the time as a result of how my parents and the media have treated me … I would never intentionally body shame anybody because I know what it feels like … I struggle with this because of how I feel about myself, not because I hate how anybody looks … I feel like my family knew I was insecure and people were trying to purposefully feed into this insecurity by not letting me have a choice in the people who were on stage with me. I appreciate you all being understanding with me as I figure out this new life I’m living !!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th September 2022, 10:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm very glad she posted that clarification! Even I struggled to defend that post (even if Xtinct did/say some horrible & personal things about Britney for majority of her career). But her clarification is one of the best big celebrity "apology" posts I've seen. Very well written and thought out. Nice to see she has love for Xtinct.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 13th September 2022, 11:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I'm so glad she posted clarification as I was very disappointed yesterday.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 14th September 2022, 08:54 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

i love britney and i enjoy her expressive freedom but it should be noted that even with the abuse and demons she's suffered - she can still be help responsible for her actions.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:39 AM