BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sergej's Year-End Lists of 2022, FINALLY FINISHED!!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Sergej
post Dec 3 2022, 09:36 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Sergej's Year End Lists of 2022

Previous chart threads:
Sergej's Year-End lists of 2017 Sergej's Year End lists of 2018 Sergej's Year-End lists of 2019
Sergej's Year-End lists of 2020 Sergej's Year-End lists of 2021

With the year quickly approaching it's end, as we go on to the year 2023, let's reflect on some of the biggest hits of my charts of the year 2022.

Firstly, I'll be listing some of my favourite albums of the year, which also will include my top 3 albums of the year which I'll rank them. Last year, my album of the year was "You Signed Up For This" by Maisie Peters, what will be the album of the year for me this year? We'll find out together.

The main event of this extravaganza will be my songs of the year rankdown, before we go with it, here are last year's top 10 songs of the year:
1. Maisie Peters - Psycho
2. Alvaro Soler - Magia
3. Lemo - Schwarze Wolken
4. Boomdabash - Mohicani (feat. Baby K)
5. Purple Disco Machine - Dopamine (feat. Eyelar)
6. Riton & Nightcrawlers - Friday (feat. Mufasa & Hypeman)
7. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears
8. Maisie Peters - John Hughes Movie
9. Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
10. Marco Mengoni - Ma Stasera

Last year, Maisie Peters had the biggest song of the year for my charts with "Psycho" and became a hit star on my charts, with a couple of top 10 hits. This year's contenders include Alvaro Soler/Topic, Boomdabash/Annalisa, Fedez/Tananai/Mara Sattei, Jasmine Thompson/Calum Scott, Purple Disco Machine & Sophie and the Giants and many more.

It has been a stacked year and a great year in music. But which song and which album has ruled this year as a whole? We'll find out.

Hope you can all follow me throught this special occassion! There will be lots of songs you might have never heard of, but I'll be sure to include the links for them, if you want to listen to them!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 3 2022, 09:48 PM
Post #2
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Hype cheer.gif 'Save Your Tears' is my favourite from your top 10 last year *.* hoping to see Mitski making an appearance somewhere this year!

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 4 2022, 11:17 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Dec 3 2022, 10:48 PM) *
Hype cheer.gif 'Save Your Tears' is my favourite from your top 10 last year *.* hoping to see Mitski making an appearance somewhere this year!

She will definitely make an apperance somewhere, stay tuned for that!

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 4 2022, 12:13 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

10. Ghali - Sensazione Ultra (engl. Ultra Sensation)

Full disclosure, this year's album of the year ranking features half english albums and half italian albums, me knowing both languages and hearing lots of italian music and all that stuff.
The first italian album onhere is by italian rapper Ghali, who I was very interested in after hearing some of his old songs on Italian Radio stations, like "Cara Italia", "I Love You", "Turbococco" and "Good Times".
It is a very experimental album, alternating pop sounds with hip hop, with lots of incluences of funk, electronic and arabic music. Ghali also makes use of four languages in the twelve-song album: Italian, Arabic, English and French. During the construction phase, the rapper collaborated with Itaca and the duo Merk & Kremont for most of the production and he also has some songs with collaborators on this album like Madame and Marracash. Regarding the choice of the title "Sensazione Ultra", which means in English "Ultra Sensation", he explains that what one feels when listening «from the first to the last track, a carousel of emotions».

It is a very fun and engaging listening experience, if you are in need of a fun, different listening experience, then I highly recommend you this album to listen to.

Charting songs from the album:
05 PARE (feat. Madame)
07 FORTUNA
79 CRAZY

Recommendations:

Listen to the album on Spotify:

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 4 2022, 09:20 PM
Post #5
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

looking forward to following your singles chart!

Pare sounds intriguing off a skim of those recommendations off your #10 album, will add that to my listen later. not familiar with the current Italian music scene myself.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 5 2022, 09:18 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dancember @ Dec 4 2022, 10:20 PM) *
looking forward to following your singles chart!

Pare sounds intriguing off a skim of those recommendations off your #10 album, will add that to my listen later. not familiar with the current Italian music scene myself.

Thank you Dan!
I have been listening to italian music since 7 years ago and been listening to it more since then.
Also, I'm very happy that "Pare" sounds intriguing of the album, I really want to know how your feeling are about the song after you've listened to it!
Looking forward to your singles chart as well!

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 5 2022, 09:37 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

9. Cesare Cremonini - La Ragazza Del Futuro (engl. The Girl from the Future)

It is not possible to listen to this album in pieces, in a listless and distracted way. You need attention and time to let yourself be carried away among the different atmospheres, influences and sounds that are collected in this album and capture all its essences. Lyrics and melodies have the same value. An almost obsessive search for sounds and the use of the right words.
The themes are love, family, the future , the desire to breathe and travel again, the memory of the stories of the past, loneliness, madness and the melancholic search for happiness.

Musically it ranges from pop, rock, funk, word, electronics, orchestrations, Beatles etc.

It's an intriguing and interesting album to listen to. Complete, organic, full and intense.

04 La Ragazza Del Futuro
05 Colibri
31 Chimica
85 Jeky
99 Psyco

Recommendations:

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 5 2022, 09:48 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

8. Harry Styles - Harry's House

Harry Styles, what has there not been said about him? Every 11 year old girl's idol. Finally back with another from a 3 year break that would feel like 20 years. Although I could expect the low ratings because of his Indie Pop and Pop Rock mix, I actually found myself to be quite impressed.
After his few years ago break-up with "One Direction" Harry Styles has been proved on and on again to be the most successful one out of the few, after his debut album becoming a big hit with "Sign of the Times" and "Kiwi", it wasn't sure if Harry Styles would become one of the victims to an unsuccessful career after the break-up of one of the biggest boy bands. But with his Sophomore album "Fine Line" showed that he was here to stay and continue thriving with his fun and catchy songs. I did quite enjoy both albums and I think this one is equally as good! With catchy tunes, amazing instrumentals, lovely vocals. I don't find this boring or bland at the bit.

Yes, I can see why this love story of an album can be cheesy, and annoying. But honestly I don't mind it too much, I really like some of the instrumentals that were thrown on here and of course, the vocals.

Although I was expecting people to not like this as much as his others, and I was right. But I do personally really enjoy this, and I think this is a great comeback from the pandemic.

08 As It Was
24 Late Night Talking
66 Matilda
99 Boyfriends

Recommendations:

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 6 2022, 09:39 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

7. Francesco Gabbani - Volevamo Solo Essere Felici (engl. We Just Wanted to Be Happy)

Former 2017 Eurovision Contestant for Italy, Francesco Gabbani with his always prefect tuft of hair, the printed smile, the attitude of a Gascon and with that fisique du rôle of a consummate comedian (and he is starting to do so…), released his fifth album two years after Viceversa (which gave him two #1s, the title track and "Il Sudore Ci Appiccica"), his new album was entitled "Volevamo Solo Essere Felici", translated to english: We Just Wanted to Be Happy.

It is a record of personal and subjective analysis, a collection of songs that can be received as a psychological introspection, using the microscope towards oneself and towards the vibrations of one's inner self. But in reality it is much more, including classy collaborations and lots of joyful fun. Not to mention the sonic brilliance of the disc, which covers a broad stylistic spectrum.

Once again Francesco brings his ability to write pop songs that can give moments of non-trivial entertainment including references to the pleasure of contact with nature and to live life with intensity, in every instant.

06 Peace & Love
07 Volevamo Solo Essere Felici (engl. We Just Wanted to Be Happy)
21 La Rete (engl. The Network)
25 Spazio Tempo (engl. Space Time)
64 La Mira (engl. The Aim)
74 L'Amor Leggero (engl. Light Love)
80 Puntino Intergalattico (engl. Intergalactic Dot)

Recommendations:

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Dec 6 2022, 11:00 PM
Post #10
Rob aah
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Will be following to see what pops up here!

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 7 2022, 05:55 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Roba! @ Dec 7 2022, 12:00 AM) *
Will be following to see what pops up here!

You'll be surprised and interested what will be in my End Of Year charts!

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 7 2022, 05:29 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

6. Fabri Fibra - Caos (engl. Chaos)

Many of you guys and girls that may be reading this probably do not know how important Fabri Fibra is in the history of italian rap. He's one of the many rappers that basically gave popularity to the genre in Italy. He's basically the main example of "your favourite rapper's favourite rapper".

This album though shows that Fabri Fibra is still in the game and is hungrier and angrier than ever, showing a lot of emotions through the entire project: anger, a lot of regret, but most of the time he's sad and extremely grateful that his fans still listen thorugh his albums from start to finish, even though most of the people, as he actually admits, do not actually do that anymore.

Many points through the album show him dealing with sadness and depression in different ways, especially at the end of the project, but there are also some bops that could be on the radio, like every single Fabri Fibra album.

"Caos" is my second best italian project of the year. Great flows, great lyrics and really good production! Also, I don't know if I should say this, but there are features on this project. The thing is that they should be secret like on "ASTROWORLD" but they made them public anyway. I'll let you discover them, no spoilers in here!

10 Stelle (engl. Stars) (feat. Maurizio Carucci)
11 Propaganda (feat. Colapesce & Dimartino)
53 Caos (engl. Chaos) (feat. Lazza & Madame)

Recommendations:

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 7 2022, 09:35 PM
Post #13
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Not heard too much of Francesco Gabbani since his Eurovision appearance! Just giving Peace & Love a listen now, sounds pretty decent.

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 7 2022, 09:45 PM
Post #14
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sergej @ Dec 5 2022, 09:18 PM) *
Thank you Dan!
I have been listening to italian music since 7 years ago and been listening to it more since then.
Also, I'm very happy that "Pare" sounds intriguing of the album, I really want to know how your feeling are about the song after you've listened to it!
Looking forward to your singles chart as well!

I did quite like it, albeit moreso for the beat and the guest vocalist than the rapper.
Stella and Propaganda sound interesting from your #6 album too.
do you speak Italian too or just a fan of Italian-language music?

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 7 2022, 09:51 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 7 2022, 10:35 PM) *
Not heard too much of Francesco Gabbani since his Eurovision appearance! Just giving Peace & Love a listen now, sounds pretty decent.

Glad that you find "Peace & Love" decent, he has been releasing music since his Eurovision apperance, recently had 2 albums in the 2020s.
Thank you for your comment.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 7 2022, 09:52 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dancember @ Dec 7 2022, 10:45 PM) *
I did quite like it, albeit moreso for the beat and the guest vocalist than the rapper.
Stella and Propaganda sound interesting from your #6 album too.
do you speak Italian too or just a fan of Italian-language music?

Glad that you like it for the beat and the guest singer, that is what my friends also liked about the song.
Also, I speak a bit of Italian, not fluent in it yet, but I do love Italian-language music, been listening to it since 2016.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 10 2022, 07:52 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

5. Sigrid - How To Let Go

Perhaps one of the most impressive musical glow ups I've had the pleasure of witnessing. Sigrid's second album is a fresh breath of air in the pop world. Sophisticated, yet light and fresh productions in a mixture of influences juggled with skill but that do not take away from the cohesion of the project. The young singer's voice and songwriting have never been more brilliant.

01 A Driver Saved My Night
02 It Gets Dark
02 Bad Life
10 Mirror
16 Last To Know
19 Risk Of Getting Hurt
21 High Note
23 Dancer
25 Burning Bridges
46 Grow
72 Thank Me Later
76 Mistake Like You

Recommendations:

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 10 2022, 10:20 PM
Post #18
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

So glad Harry's House is in your top 10 albums! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 11 2022, 01:24 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 10 2022, 11:20 PM) *
So glad Harry's House is in your top 10 albums! wub.gif

Glad that you like Harry's House reaching my top 10 albums!
Thank you for your comment.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 11 2022, 12:32 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Top 10 Albums of 2022

4. Alice Merton - S.I.D.E.S.

Alice Merton, known for her infectiously catchy hit “No Roots,” is back with a new collection of fifteen tracks called “S.I.D.E.S.” After her output on the album "MINT", I was so excited for her new album and it lived up to the expectations, I can even say that I prefer it over "MINT", it's the amount of pop rock songs and alternative songs that I really like from her. My favourite are the singles "Island", "Blindside" and "Same Team", but the album songs are also worth checking out, out of them my favourites are "100 Stories" and "Letting You Know". Really hope seeing more music from her in the future. Alice really needs more attention than just being famous for "No Roots".

01 Island
01 Blindside
01 Same Team
05 Vertigo
08 The Other Side
24 Future
26 Loveback
32 Hero

Recommendations:

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:11 PM