BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jade's EOY ● 2022, *finally completed* top 100 songs full list: page 6
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Dec 3 2022, 05:48 PM
Post #1
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

☆ ♪ ♡ 2 0 2 2 ♡ ♪ ☆

This year I've decided to present an EOY thread for the first time since 2013 dance.gif

The writing is going to be quite scaled back by my standards otherwise I'll never finish this laugh.gif

Going to present:
- Top 100 songs of 2022 (as decided by a points system from a year of personal charts, whereby 1 week at #01 = 40 points and 1 week at #40 = 1 point - will drop batches of 10 per day)

Plus a bonus of my...
- Top 3 albums of the year
- Top 3 concerts of the year
- Top 3 films of the year

As I've been going to the cinema more this year, had quite a few concert experiences (ROSALÍA still pending this month!) and would love to mention some top-tier albums too - I've included some extras!

(would do TV shows and books if I wasn't so bad at having like 6 on the go before actually finishing any of them kink.gif will aim to be better at finishing things next year x)

I'll get this started in a few weeks when all the points for my chart are all wrapped up but thought I'd get the ball rolling with a thread happy.gif looking forward to everyone else's too!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 3 2022, 06:00 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

This should be interesting! I'm starting to make my Year-End list for the year as well.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 3 2022, 09:48 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Sergej @ Dec 3 2022, 06:00 PM) *
This should be interesting! I'm starting to make my Year-End list for the year as well.

Thanks Sergej! Will keep an eye on yours too happy.gif

+Quote Post
Brer
post Dec 4 2022, 03:31 AM
Post #4
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

Hype jump.gif x

(aside: was trying to figure out which video that ROSALÍA GIF was from and I couldn't remember, thanks Google reverse image search for revealing it's just that cosmetics ad she did which I remember being a thing but I never actually watched it - so have just now finally heard that snippet of 'Como Alí' and am now sad that she never released it because it sounds like another banger x)

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Dec 4 2022, 06:58 AM
Post #5
baddest of them all
Member No.: 6,764

Ready for the Widow and ROSALÍA slayage and hopefully a couple of electronic gems too ❤️

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 4 2022, 11:05 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Dr. Bré @ Dec 4 2022, 03:31 AM) *
Hype jump.gif x

(aside: was trying to figure out which video that ROSALÍA GIF was from and I couldn't remember, thanks Google reverse image search for revealing it's just that cosmetics ad she did which I remember being a thing but I never actually watched it - so have just now finally heard that snippet of 'Como Alí' and am now sad that she never released it because it sounds like another banger x)

cheer.gif

kink.gif I was on a quick whip round of GIFs and found two that looked to be the same size so that was the only logic here even if my search did start off with ROSALÍA 2022. RIP 'Como Ali' </3

QUOTE(k👠th @ Dec 4 2022, 06:58 AM) *
Ready for the Widow and ROSALÍA slayage and hopefully a couple of electronic gems too ❤️

❤️ you may just get what you're looking for!

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 4 2022, 09:21 PM
Post #7
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

looking forward to following this! will keep an eye out for any electronic tunes I've missed

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Dec 4 2022, 10:23 PM
Post #8
Rob aah
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Expecting Taylor, ROSALIA, Ghost and Maneskin to slay here as they've all been obviously #1 in your chart kink.gif be interesting to see what else pops up as your chart is hugely non commercial mainly laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 6 2022, 06:19 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Dancember @ Dec 4 2022, 09:21 PM) *
looking forward to following this! will keep an eye out for any electronic tunes I've missed

Thanks Dan! Plenty of genres on offer here music.gif

QUOTE(Roba! @ Dec 4 2022, 10:23 PM) *
Expecting Taylor, ROSALIA, Ghost and Maneskin to slay here as they've all been obviously #1 in your chart kink.gif be interesting to see what else pops up as your chart is hugely non commercial mainly laugh.gif

All of those seem like reasonable bets kink.gif yes definitely expect this to be largely non-top 40 hits but there will be some peppered about nevertheless!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 7 2022, 09:34 PM
Post #10
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Exciting! Will be interesting to see what makes it in here, I imagine there will be a lot of competition in the lower regions given how short most of the runs in your chart are!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 8 2022, 08:16 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 7 2022, 09:34 PM) *
Exciting! Will be interesting to see what makes it in here, I imagine there will be a lot of competition in the lower regions given how short most of the runs in your chart are!

Yay! I can exclusively reveal that with a few weeks left of tracking just 5 points separate song #100 and #91 so indeed it's going to be close down there... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 18 2022, 02:18 PM
Post #12

2022: TOP 3 CONCERTS

01. ROSALÍA - MOTOMAMI World Tour
London, The O2 Arena - 15th December 2022

02. Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Tour
Birmingham, Utilita Arena - 17th April 2022

03. Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Ball
London, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 29th July 2022

I thought this would be a good place to kick off this thread now that my final concert of the year is all sewn up! What an impressive live music finale that experience was as it has shot up to #1 at the last minute. This was one of my busiest years for concerts that I can remember, with Covid postponements playing a big part. It was difficult to cut it down to three and recency bias may have come into play a little but I've tried my best to tap into how I felt for the entire evening for each show. The ROSALÍA gig was my first ever non-English language concert and will stick with me for a long time. This was only my second ever time at London's O2 Arena, following Ariana Grande's Sweetener tour back in 2019. I was impressed that she was already able to book this capacity of venue here, especially as tickets going on sale pre-dated the virality that 'BIZCOCHITO' experienced this year. She had the audience in the palm of her hands with some of the best live vocals I've ever heard and MOTOMAMI instrumentals that thrillingly roared through the arena. I thought the set list was stacked as she included every track from the main MOTOMAMI album, most of the deluxe extras, a few El Mal Querer songs, even a pick from her flamenco debut Los Ángeles, some droplets, features AND covers. My top highlight was my favourite droplet (aka standalone release between her second and third albums - that felt like a LONG wait) 'Dolerme', I did think it would be performed when I spotted the artwork on a cloth at the merch stand, but I was still not prepared for how incredible that moment would feel. Other excitement during the show included her cutting off her plaits midway and some creative choreography, including her dancers getting into a motorbike-style formation that she could ride. What a SUPERSTAR *.*

The girl power is strong this year as the gig that was pipped at the last minute was Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia tour. This took place in Birmingham's Utilita Arena which, unlike the O2, is a venue I'm extremely familiar with at this point. So that already helped me to relax. I'd say there was one particular dip in this show (the act that included 'We're Good', 'Good In Bed' and 'Boys Will Be Boys' - they really lumped all the lowlights together x) but apart from that, it was a largely KILLER setlist. Future Nostalgia alone was my favourite album of 2020 and was really important for me during lockdown, so it felt like such a celebration to hear the best songs from that record in a live setting, now that we were free to attend concerts again. 'Physical' was an electrifying opener and the song I was most looking forward to, as my favourite Dua single overall. So that put me in the best mood from the word go. I loved hearing older Dua material too ('New Rules', complete with sassy catwalk, particularly stood out as a highlight) and the section that fused together her dance collaborations was the icing on the euphoric cake. It was one of the most fun pop concerts I've ever experienced! It wouldn't take long for me to be in the same room as Dua once again as she was in the audience of the MOTOMAMI tour as well, alongside celeb pals like Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse.

The gig I did expect to be my favourite of the year was marred a bit by a killer headache and anxiety (not fun when the coach driver audibly tells you all that he doesn't know where the venue is and drives the wrong way x) - but, still, seeing Lady Gaga live was a childhood dream come true. I've been a fan since I was 11 years old and her music was always there for me no matter what. So it felt long overdue to finally hear some of these songs translated live. I was expecting to hear them in the lead up to my 23rd birthday, alas, it was closer to my 25th following the pandemic delays. Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was a brand new venue for me as the only stadium gigs I've experienced in the past were Wembley x2 (courtesy of Take That and Spice Girls). Gaga brought us powerful vocals that easily commanded this large space, 'Shallow' in particular was a real goose-bump inducing moment. Chromatica, like Future Nostalgia, is another banger-packed comfort record that I associate with the pandemic. It felt so freeing to hear these songs live. In fact, I remember 'Replay' being the exact moment where I managed to break free from the anxiety that had plagued me for a few hours and truly let go. 'Bad Romance', one of my favourite songs of all-time, was every bit as epic as I'd hoped. Fun fact chart fans - she performed every one of her #1 singles. The start of the gig was particularly stacked with three of those chart-toppers back to back! We had to leave before 'Hold My Hand', so 'Rain On Me' instead acted as a storming closer. I'd say that 'Sine From Above' felt like the most notable omission, but overall, I was satisfied with the set list and 'Monster' was a wonderful surprise in particular. It was also a joy to be surrounded by so many BuzzJack best friends at points during the day - Bré, Joseph, Bal and Lotti heart.gif I remember looking around the crowd, I think during 'Free Woman' and getting the sense that I belonged here, it felt like a really inclusive and creative space.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Dec 19 2022, 06:28 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Glad that you went to three great concerts, I really wished I was there for the Future Nostalgia tour, would've been amazing.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 19 2022, 07:11 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Sergej @ Dec 19 2022, 06:28 PM) *
Glad that you went to three great concerts, I really wished I was there for the Future Nostalgia tour, would've been amazing.

Thanks Sergej wub.gif if you ever get the chance to see her then I'd highly recommend, it was such a feel-good night out.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 19 2022, 08:14 PM
Post #15
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Sounds like you've been to some good concerts this year! ROSALIA 'cutting off her plaits' has certainly piqued my attention though - interested to know whether she was wearing extensions or if it was her actual hair!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 20 2022, 06:44 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 19 2022, 08:14 PM) *
Sounds like you've been to some good concerts this year! ROSALIA 'cutting off her plaits' has certainly piqued my attention though - interested to know whether she was wearing extensions or if it was her actual hair!

Yesss I've had some great experiences this year which made up for 2 years of postponements (and both BROCKHAMPTON and Lana Del Rey cancelling cry.gif laugh.gif)

ROSALÍA has apparently cut her plaits off each night at these shows so I guess that answers your question laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ansel
post Dec 20 2022, 07:22 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 106,739
   No Gallery Pics

Those three tours are definitely what I'd think of as *the* tours of 2022, very jealous of all 3 tbh!
I don't go to nearly as many live shows as I'd like to, although I recently got tickets for Primavera Sound next year where Rosalía is headlining, I'm so hyped for that cheeseblock.png

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 21 2022, 07:13 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Ansel @ Dec 20 2022, 07:22 PM) *
Those three tours are definitely what I'd think of as *the* tours of 2022, very jealous of all 3 tbh!
I don't go to nearly as many live shows as I'd like to, although I recently got tickets for Primavera Sound next year where Rosalía is headlining, I'm so hyped for that cheeseblock.png

Oh wow *.* all 2022 gigs although musically Dua and Gaga were more of a 2020 throwback, but that made them both extra special, getting to hear that comforting music in a live setting at last <3

Omgggg now it's my turn to be jealous as that sounds great - ROSALÍA and Måneskin on the same night?! cheeseblock.png hope you have the best time!

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 21 2022, 07:21 PM
Post #19
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Hiya Jade heart.gif heart.gif two snap concerts! Dua was one of my favourites of the year, so polished and well put together and the setlist was near perfect. Obviously the Chromatica Ball was an insane experience today and seeing you all there only made it even better! wub.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 21 2022, 07:57 PM
Post #20
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Dua Lipa and Lady Gaga I’d love to see in concert someday - great to read that both would definitely be worth it

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:40 AM