BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Uhsting's EOY Top 100 of 2022, Big drops, car alarms and ICONIC! phrases (Full top 100 revealed)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 17th December 2022, 01:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

I will be posting my top 100 of 2022 after next week's chart week 52, where I will have all the songs I need to start ranking the top 100. Stay tuned x

This post has been edited by uhsting: 1st January 2023, 12:03 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th December 2022, 01:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Will be following this too. Plenty of BIG DROPS I'm sure.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 17th December 2022, 05:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

This should be interesting! I'm starting to make my Year-End list for the year as well.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 17th December 2022, 06:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

This topic subtitle has me perchedt x

+Quote this post
danG
post 17th December 2022, 09:58 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

If the #1 here doesn't have the biggest drop of all time then I claim false advertising tongue.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 25th December 2022, 01:05 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

I will be listening to 150 songs in full and rank them accordingly. Hopefully, you will see me presenting later in the week!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 25th December 2022, 01:05 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 28th December 2022, 06:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Mark down the dates!!

Part 1 reveal show: 30/12, 20:00 GMT
Part 2 reveal show: 31/12, 20:00 GMT

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 08:10 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Welcome to the EOY Top 100 Songs of 2022 show

I first present the honourable mentions this year!!

110-101

101. Dori Sorride – Persone Fragili [43-24-18-5-3-6]
102. We Came As Romans, Caleb Shomo – Black Hole [(29-21)-6-2-2-1-3-30]
103. Andrea Bucko – Túžbou ťa zabolím [40-27-11-8-6-23]
104. Marius – Contrôle [22-15-10-8-17]
105. Oda Gondrosen – Ixora [45-28-18-15-13-6-6-1-3-8-26]
106. Ely Eira – Out of the Shadows [14-8-4-19-32]
107. Kaine Francesco – Young Poets [5-2-1-9-47]
108. GRANT – Feel Love [43-35-21-15-6-6-24]
109. Eva McBel – Howling [26-16-11-6-10-14]
110. Tangerinecat, Runa de Luna – Anti-Lullaby [3-2-1-5-11-34]

"Persone Fragili" almost made top 100 but I kinda wished there was a larger final drop which would have done even better for me. Shockingly, 8 number one entries this year did not make top 100. The lowest being Norrisette's "Whale House" at number 131 which debutted at number 3 and entered number 1 on its third week. The reason why it got ranked low because "Whale House" was pretty much the first experimental entry that hit the brief for me, but the following experimental entries did even better, so it did fade away in the background sadly.

Rock song "Black Hole" is featured here. It was also the first bunch of strong rock songs that began the year, but gradually better rock entries came through and overshadowed the rest a bit. It has a lot of energy but I doubt this would have topped the chart in the latter half of 2022.

Perhaps another shock here would be Young Poets which entered the chart in November and at a high position. It featured a rare theme which was really relatable, but ultimately the rather traditional instrumentation got outshone by the other ballads here.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 30th December 2022, 08:13 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 08:23 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

100-96

96. Pongo, Tristany – DÉGRÁ.DĘ [11-6-7-8-16]
97. Dora Gaitanovici – Manole [21-11-7-11-7-10-20]
98. LEONE – You Should Know [13-11-8-4-5-4-9-26]
99. Teodor Wolgers – Abandoned Places [45-15-13-6-3-5-16]
100. poutyface, K.Flay – Rag Doll [49-17-8-7-5-4-2-1-8-34]

At the foot of the top 100, we have "Rag Doll". This entered number one in its 8th week, but at a time when there is a scarcity of outstanding entries. "Rag Doll" is not bad at all. It is a pop punk song but it is loud and emotional. It is great to shout along to let go of your feelings. I find the arrangement and harmony not as sophisticated as others so this kinda bordered on top 100 for me.

"Abandoned Places" is a brilliant piece of orchestral music here. Maybe it might be far-fetched to classify this as "orchestral" since it featured a few players. It was a slow grower and the music didn't really have big ups and downs, but it was coherent and there were contemplative moments. Originally, I think I debutted this outside of top 50, so it was really nice to include it in the top 100 in the end.

"You Should Know" is a great gay ballad which is otherwise lacking in the current pop music industry. From the video, I believe it talks about finding out when your significant other has cheated. It is geniune and it is full of emotions. The melody is strong and I love the structure here. The final chorus is wonderful.

"Manole" is a rare Romanian post-rock song with vocals. Dora Gaitanovici was originally a participant in the Romanian NF this year, coming 2nd to wrs. After the NS, I love the artistic direction she has taken. This is when Dora was given freedom to the music. I love the electric guitar. It breeds life to the music. It grows really well and in the end it was emphatic.

Finally, "DÉGRÁ.DĘ" is perhaps one of the most alternative national selection entries this year. I would have loved to see this in Eurovision representing Portugal, but after "Telemóveis" flopped hard, this song would be a risky choice. Pongo just injects a lot of the energy to the song, and the live performance as well. The beat is really catchy in Pongo's phrases. It has variation along the way. I like that Festival da Cançăo offers some avant-garde entries this year, and I hope the same could be said for next year.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 30th December 2022, 08:36 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 30th December 2022, 08:27 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Rob aah

As with your weekly charts I doubt I'll know too many of these obscure songs kink.gif hopefully some good familiar stuff pops up here though.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 08:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

95-91

91. Eria – Mavka [39-23-21-17-11-7-7-11]
92. Son Lux, Moses Sumney – Fence [15-9-10-20]
93. Rossana, Ana Lua Caiano – Lobo Rouco [14-7-9-22]
94. Palaye Royale – Fever Dream [23-15-12-8-8-11-27]
95. Frode Fjellheim, Eldbjřrg Hemsing, Arctic Philharmonic – Under the Arctic Moon [12-10-6-18]

"Under the Arctic Moon" takes you on a musical journey with its orchestral soundscape. The music video helps depict the idyllic scenery in Scandinavia. As Eldbjřrg Hemsing plays her violin, different tone colours appear. It may appear icy, but the melody is full of fire. There is not a rich harmony and orchestration, but the violin alone sells it for me.

"Fever Dream" went on to represent Wholune in BJSC and did alright there. It is the best Palaye Royale's music for me. I love the melody and the harmony here the best. The chorus is really memorable as it releases tension well. The choral bridge adds a lot to the song too and don't forget about the electric guitar solo! It is captivating in a good way.

"Lobo Rouco" is perhaps the best Portuguese folk song this year. There are two main themes. The song begins with the slow theme, featuring some exotic key and interesting melody. It is unlike pop music out there. It then transitions into the fast and catchy, as the vocal arrangement really accentuates the folk element here. The song pieces together these two themes well, with variations along the way. It is a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me.

"Fence" is written for the film Everything Everywhere All at Once. I've always liked Moses Sumney artistry and Son Lux composes an intriguing soundtrack here. I like how this song stays true to Moses Sumney artistry. The strings set the tone well, and everything builds up to a big climax, giving us an unexpected chord which resolves back into the minor key in the end. I love the soundscape here.

Finally, my BJSC 143 entry "Mavka" makes number 91. The song features unique Ukrainian instruments and I was immediately drawn to the soundscape of the song. The chorus is majestic and is reminiscent of summoning the gods. I love the ethereal bridge which brings on to an epic ending. Sadly, I fear more needs to be given at the end, as it is just a repetition of the chorus melody without any big moments, but the unique instrumentation and melody are enough for me. Towards the latter half of 2022, when the NMF Ukraine playlist reinstated, there are more sonically interesting Ukrainian music, so "Mavka" got a bit overshadowed here.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 30th December 2022, 08:37 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 08:49 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

90-86

86. amilost – Pillowside [29-26-12-10-8-12]
87. Madison Rose – ICONIC! [13-6-2-1-8-28]
88. Nakhane ft. Moonchild Sanelly, Nile Rodgers – Tell Me Your Politik [13-12-9-4-2-1-7]
89. spill tab – CRČME BRŰLÉE! [14-10-4-5-20]
90. Boychik – Dust After Rest [24-13-6-5-2-6-21]

"Dust After Rest" is a unique soft ballad. Boychik art style is really comforting, but it does not bore you to death. The song features a lot of motifs which are connected and varied well. It is really beautiful. The flow is easy to follow and it takes you on a journey that you will not forget.

"CRČME BRŰLÉE!" is extremely catchy. spill tab has been occasionally featured on my personal chart, but nothing is like "CRČME BRŰLÉE!". It is wild and fun. I'm sure a music video would go crazy. The distorted electric guitar, typical in spill tab's songs, is highly addictive in the instrumental drop. This song doesn't have a final chorus but I'm convinced it doesn't need one. It's entertaining.

"Tell Me Your Politik" was sent for Cumulonimbia but was terribly robbed. The theme is thought-provoking, talking about sex being a political act. It is quite an interesting kind of pop, with the bass hitting hard and the instrumentation being unique as well. Moonchild Sanelly's vocals stood out for me. The chorus is catchy with the syncopations. It might not have got to number 1 were it not featured in weaker weeks on the chart, as it wasn't sonically provoking.

"ICONIC!" was so iconic that it became the first entry to NQ for Sovarasma this year. Madison Rose went on to have an iconic victory in BJSC 150. For me, "ICONIC!" is the best song from her. She did not sing here and I like this type of vocal style as it gives off a lot of sass and energy. The bass bangs hard and is dirty but polished. It is at the right length for me. The lyrics show a lot of personality. Alas, it is one of the more personally favoured Sovarasman entry for me. sad.gif

Finally, "Pillowside" is another slow ballad which features a big climax. It has some Christian ballad influences and it appears the band is Christian as well? Nevertheless, I like how this song builds up gradually and the instrumentation is comforting but flows well and varies enough to keep my attention. I would have loved the vocal delivery at Middle Farms Studios at the end, where the singer shows off high notes, which would have fitted perfectly well at the climax and I wouldn't mind the song having a longer ending too.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 09:02 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

85-81

81. Jockstrap – Concrete Over Water [17-13-9-5-16]
82. Hania Rani – G-Minor [50-37-24-19-17-9-8]
83. Oona Kapari – Elämä täysin levällään (..ttu aina) [16-9-8-14]
84. RY X – Lençóis (Love Me) [17-9-8-15]
85. A.A. Williams – Melt [15-10-7-13-17]

Talking about the best song contest for discoveries, Unknown Pleasures 31 is the contest for me this year. A total of 5 entries were discovered here, and "Melt" was one of the two that reached top 10 here. Through a selection of alternative soundscapes and synths, "Melt" stands out with a somewhat traditional arrangement. However, it manages to pull off a dreamy and contemplative atmosphere that I really like. A.A. Williams doesn't need to show off her high notes, because her vocals alone hit the right notes for me. It was magical and it was emotional.

"Lençóis (Love Me)" is another great ballad here, the best RY X song this year. RY X had a great year, releasing an amazing album which featured 3 top 50 entries. His music style is lead by his soft and airy vocals, which blended into beautiful soundscape well. "Lençóis (Love Me)" features a mix of a string orchestra and synths, and they both produce a wonderful fusion of otherworldly sound. The live version showing the beautiful scenery just elevates the song to another for me.

"Elämä täysin levällään (..ttu aina)" goes wild with synths, which is a novel experience for me. I like the experimentation here, which showcases interesting melodies and sounds. Oona Kapari's mature vocals worked well. There is a lot of variation going on and the motifs connect well with one another. The big drop at the end is powerful, and is one of the most memorable moments of the song for me.

"G-Minor" is a rather miniscule work from Hania Rani, but the simplicity works brilliantly for me. Hania Rani is a great pianist composer and her works feature on my chart from time to time. She always tells a story through the instrumental and this is no exception. It takes you on a journey with ups and downs, modulating to different keys. It is not just "G minor" here. It takes you to different dimensions. It is extraordinary and I hope I will send her for BJSC in the future.

Finally, "Concrete Over Water" is a song I sent outside Buzzjack which came top half in the final. I'm not sure if this would've done equally well because it was quite long and Jockstrap's works can be quite inaccessible at times, though they managed to score a top 10 for Trifoski. "Concrete Over Water" reminds me of "The City", which is the song that I was first introduced to. Their experimentation with synths is fascinating, particularly during the instrumental break. It is psychadelic and it is mesmerising. Unlike "The City", everything does not go wild in the latter half and it returns to the serene ballad after the first instrumental break, but it goes back to the experimentation with the synths for the second time, this time having more distortion. It's an eccentric experience but it's coherent.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 09:14 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

80-76

76. Jann – Promise [31-21-18-8-6-3-2-4-14]
77. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Wolf [12-9-5-2-1-7-32]
78. Black Lilys – Invisible Strings [25-17-23-16-13-14-10-10]
79. Guinevere – Setting Of The Sun [24-10-5-3-1-5-25]
80. Hiwwhee – Get Me Cum [3-1-3-5-12-46]

Oh well, where do I begin with "Get Me Cum"? laugh.gif We stan the four Thai transgender artists that go beyond the boundaries of pop music and just do whatever they want. They may not have the best trained vocals but they go all out. It is wonderfully chaotic and funny, but the chorus is perhaps the most memorable part of the song. It's the best guilty pleasure for me and I feel sorry for those who are listening to this for the very first time. kink.gif

"Setting Of The Sun" is another beautiful ballad here. I love the strings and the two themes of the song which is connected well. It is soothing. It gives you a peace of mind. There is a bit of experimentation in the latter half that resembles underwater bubbles. It is a wonderful experience. It does take a while to get used to due to its slow and serene nature, but it is a work of art.

"Invisible Strings" is a catchy indie pop song. Black Lilys are known for their emotional slow ballads, featuring airy female vocals. They bring over their own brand of style and they managed to create quite a banger here. The drums breed personality to the song, and the bridge is amazing. I wish they have a stronger final chorus though, which would have been perfect.

"Wolf" is a timeless pop song here. It has a retro vibe that feels modern in some way. The soft and slow vocals are captivating, contrasting the loud instrumental during the instrumental drop. This contrast is an experience and I really enjoy it. The experimentation with the instrumentation in the drop is wonderful and makes the song even more coherent, ending with a grand final chorus. I wish this garnered more mainstream attention.

Finally, Jann is a rising artist, probably might break through with their vampire-esque "Gladiator". However, it is "Promise" that introduces to this artist. SARAPATA, a participant for Sovarasma in BJSC 142, produced the song. It is a well-written ballad, which features their tender but high vocals. The ending is beautiful and contemplative. It touches me a lot.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 30th December 2022, 09:16 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 30th December 2022, 09:22 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Rob aah

'Mavka' was nice and 'Fever Dream' is also great too. I can't recall 'Melt' much but I think I didn't mind that. 'Get Me Cum' mellow.gif kink.gif I'm not sure if I'd want to hear that one laugh.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 09:26 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

75-71

71. Lisa Skoglund, Arctic Philarmonic – Hjertefyll [22-15-9-7]
72. Hannah Storm – House of Cards [15-15-10-11-7-12]
73. Florian Christl, NDR Radiophilharmonie, Ben Palmer – Is This Now [24-15-7-7-14-11-14]
74. Ice Nine Kills – Welcome To Horrorwood [25-16-9-4-4-5-14-44]
75. Thomas Roussel – LATE METAL [13-9-6-9-16]

"LATE METAL" gives you the James Bond soundtrack feel with the strong bass overlaid by strings. It sounds nerve-wracking. Each new drop ramps up the instrumentation, and we end on a really loud ending which is extremely satisfying. I won't mind if Thomas Roussel becomes the next composer for a James Bond movie and gives us bangers.

"Welcome To Horrorwood" was charted almost at the same time as "Black Hole" was. In the year-end chart, this song prevailed. They both have parallels with the genre and instrumentation and this song is better with the energy they have. The vocals and the instrumentation have a lot of variety, and the strings give off an uneasy feeling. Overall, it's a great rock song.

"Is This Now" begins the round of Florian Christl's compositions that you will see in the top 100. Florian Christl had a really strong year with contemporary classical music. The orchestration perhaps isn't far from one another, but they have memorable themes. In this piece, it is the nail-biting melody and arrangement that catches my attention. The piano melody is well-written and the piece has variation with the mood. Everything converges to a homophony. This texture gives a lot of power to the piece, making it one-of-its-kind.

"House Of Cards" is a nostalgic and vibey pop song. The airy vocals are interesting, but the loud chorus does the job for me. It creates a strong contrast with the verses while the arrangement features lush harmony and it gives off a rather delightful feeling. The chord progression does feel a bit odd in the chorus which kinda hampers the enjoyment, but I like the atmosphere of this song. It is unlike other Scandipop that I've heard.

"Hjertefyll" is a great Norwegian song that is an arrangement to the same-titled song a couple years back. This arrangement is amazing. I like the orchestration which provides a lot of warmth to the atmosphere. This is the perfect song for winter. The latter half is lush and it feels really comfy. I like how gradual the key change is here.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 09:39 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

70-66

66. Von – Tiny Boy [25-15-12-5-4-4-5-18-32]
67. Katie Gregson-MacLeod – white lies [12-10-9]
68. Gísli Gunnarsson – Epilogue [13-8-6-7-9]
69. Ron Buhnik – היום שאחרי (Hayom Sheahrei) [35-22-9-5-3-4-16]
70. MEMA. – Imortal [20-10-3-8-31]

"Imortal" is awe-inspiring. The inspiration from Portuguese folk mixing with complicated synths works really well for me. The chorus is grand, especially in the final chorus, building from a nicely written bridge. The instrumentation is unique, featuring sounds that I have never heard of before. MEMA. participated in Festival da Cançăo 2021 last year and I didn't recall much. The growth in artistry really shows here. Last but not least, the flute outro is iconic. It might sound redundant but it gives the song a lot of flavour.

"Hayom Sheahrei" is a really nice Israeli song. It features elements from typical Israeli pop songs but there is a lot of experimentation with vocal distortion and synths. The end product is a somewhat chaotic but nicely constructed song. The ending is especially epic, and perhaps is the most memorable part of the song. The soundscape makes up an impeccable listening experience.

"Epilogue" is a wonderful instrumental piece from Icelandic Gísli Gunnarsson. This is featured in the 3-track single "Reverence". It features beautiful melody and harmony which moves you.

"white lies" is a short-lived entry on my personal chart, but it is a heartfelt ballad. It is about "the little lies we tell ourselves and the person our heart used to belong to", originated "from fear of missing out and fear of moving on". It is intimate and it is highly relatable. Sometimes you don't want to hurt yourself or others so you save yourself by telling lies. Reality can be painful at times x The instrumentation follows up the message really well and the melody is beautiful.

"Tiny Boy" is a typical Alt Z song here. Alt Z genre is my second most-listened genre this year. It's like alternative music for Gen Z haha. This queer pop song features some fascinating sounds. They are already shown at the beginning. Then, you are served by a catchy drop with a simple yet effective beat. I think alt Z music can be identified by the experimental choice of sounds. I like the soundscape it depicts. I wish it has a bridge and a final chorus though, but even without it, the song is a banger already.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 09:50 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

65-61

61. Pohjonen Alanko – Baashaa [14-4-2-1-5-26]
62. Ghostly Kisses – Clay [25-9-2-1-9]
63. Urias – Je ne sais quoi [5-2-1-3-7-23-31]
64. Doechii – Crazy [21-19-17-13-9-4-4-3-7]
65. Hellberg ft. Rodney Chrome – PLEASE DON’T REMIND ME [25-11-16-10-9-24]

"PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME" is a banger. Rodney Chrome has a lot of confidence in this song but the biggest surprise for me is Hellberg producing a queer pop dance song! ohmy.gif Hellberg is more well-known for his progressive house songs, especially on Monstercat. His attempt at queer pop dance is a great venture, and honestly I won't mind him producing more of these bangers in the future. It's a mood-booster. It's a song that you'd want to listen when you're low on confidence. It doesn't have to be long. The message is already there!

"Crazy" deserves to win BJSC omg. imaduck would've had a second chance in hosting to astonish y'all! It's an alternative rap song, as Doechii pretty much shout-rapping throughout, and honestly I really like this style. It is empowering. It gives you the "I don't give a f***" energy. It is so refreshing. I like the apparent lack of harmony and relatively modest instrumentation. It is well-ahead of its time.

"Je ne sais quoi" will probably flop in BJSC too. It is very similar to "Crazy", except the instrumentation also gives the "I don't give a f***" energy too. When one big drop is not enough in the chorus, how about two? It is honestly addictive though it is clattering, but I like how provocative the soundscape is. Urias also has a lot of energy and the autotune is a great artistic effect in the buildup. "You can't copy my je ne sais quoi" is forever ICONIC!

"Clay" is another great ballad that focuses a lot on the instrumentation. Again the vocals are of secondary importance but I like it this way. It builds towards a nice subtle climax, but it is extraordinarily beautiful. I think if you want my 18 points in BJSC, just send an entry with really nice strings. wink.gif

Talking about ICONICness, "Baashaa" is in another league. Let's put a group of elderly people together and create avant-garde vocals and sound. This just makes Buranovskiye Babushki's entry (Russia 2012) sound like a dull song. The vocals in the verse are really unique. It's not a vocal style that I came across before. The "hey-ay-ay-ay" line is funny, but the drop following "hey ho" is wonderful. The chaos is what I stan!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 30th December 2022, 09:52 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 10:03 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

60-56

56. Helene Břksle, Sřlvguttene – Lucia [12-8-7-11]
57. Emma Nolde – La stessa parte della luna [6-3-2-1-3-8]
58. Andrea Louise – You Can’t Change Her [22-20-15-9-8-15]
59. Ivana Wong, Serrini – 誅神的黃昏 (Ragnarökr) [17-12-3-2-1-3-12]
60. Raye – Black Mascara. [20-11-7-7-4-4-2-1-3-16-27]

"Black Mascara." is a great venture from Raye into a dance sound. It is not about the vocals but the soundscape for me. There is a lot of variation in this song. I like the final big drop which is a great feeling. I wish this was the song that went viral tbh. I love the exploration of different sounds here while maintaining its mainstream appeal.

"Ragnarökr" is a well-crafted ballad. The instrumentation is wonderful for a Hong Kong pop song, but Hong Kong pop songs are well-known for their artistry in their language. Their 9 tones make it quite difficult to create a coherent and musically appealing melody. There is also an added difficulty with the duo as well, as you need to balance both parts well. This song has managed to weld them all amazingly. I love it plays with the duality of lyrics. Sometimes they sing the same words together, and sometimes they don't.

"You Can't Change Her" is another ballad with amazing strings. At this point, the top 100 is loaded with ballads that contain beautiful strings. laugh.gif The vocals are wonderful but the buildup to the final half is great. The final half is loaded with lush strings and great vocal delivery. It is honestly a moment to savour. I really enjoyed the soundscape.

"La stessa parte della luna" is also another ballad with amazing strings. The added magic is the Italian language. Italian ballads can be really beautiful to listen to, and this song is really strong with the melody and instrumentation. The chorus moved me a lot though the vocals could feel a bit empty, but this emptiness makes you savour the soundscape. I think this could've been elevated a lot more in the latter half as it wasn't as well-constructed with the buildup.

Finally, "Lucia" is a great ballad with amazing strings. Helene Břksle has a beautiful voice, and having a boys choir is a huge bonus. The melody is beautiful and the arrangement is amazingly written. It was not as memorable as "Vega" which got number 2 for me, but this is still a stupendous piece of art to enjoy.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 30th December 2022, 10:03 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 106,739

The only song I know here so far is Wolf (I should probably try out some of the other songs here too!), really loving the big dramatic synth moment (a big drop!!). Until this year I only knew the Yeah Yeah Yeahs from their song Heads Will Roll, since it's a bit of a uni party classic. But I've enjoyed getting into them more this year happy.gif

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:06 AM