BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

54 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geri Halliwell • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
kylefinnmusic
post Sep 19 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #181
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,767
   No Gallery Pics

it's OK just wanted a disco hit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Sep 20 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #182
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(kylefinnmusic @ Sep 19 2017, 10:18 PM) *
it's OK just wanted a disco hit

She's not Madonna or Kylie so I think she's done with the disco and the upbeat pop songs .

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Nov 1 2017, 11:40 PM
Post #183
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Interview with Red: http://www.redonline.co.uk/red-women/inter...orner-on-ageing

The salient points of this interview: "I still love the girls, and there are other bits and bobs in the pipeline" re: Spice Girls, and the fact she's seemingly given up on her solo career, having "moved on from being a popstar" and turning her attention to TV work instead.

It seems safe to say that her 4th solo album isn't ever going to materialise, after what, 7 years of teasing and recording possibly three full length albums of material along the way? Oh well... at least the "Man on the Mountain" recording sessions leaked, which I guess can be looked as as being an honorary fourth album.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 2 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #184
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

Wonder what she means by bits and bobs?

+Quote Post
Alberto!
post Nov 3 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #185
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,843
   No Gallery Pics

New unreleased song from the latest Ryan Louder-produced sessions: www.rjlouder.com/music

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Nov 3 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #186
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

Boring

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Nov 3 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #187
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

Keep on Dreaming is fantastic. I want an album released so bad however she seems like shes done in that Red interview.

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
post Nov 10 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #188
New Entry
Member No.: 39,660
   No Gallery Pics

I like the new song, actually I'd take evrything, even gospel, just to get a proper new album release biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Nov 11 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #189
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

'Keep On Dreaming' would be a lovely album track. Beautiful production from Ryan Louder (again). He works so sympathetically with her voice. She hasn't had to push herself too hard for high notes, so we get to enjoy her husky tone. It kind of washes over you.

Shame that she has said to be bowing out of music for now.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 12 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #190
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Keep on dreaming is miles better than Angels in chains or anything else I've heard from her since her 3rd album.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 25 2018, 02:16 AM
Post #191
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Geri is set to be part of new BBC1 one Saturday night show 'All Together Now' alongside Rob Beckett:

All Together Now, hosted by Rob Beckett, is a singing contest with a twist. A range of talented singers will take to the stage to perform in front of The 100 - a unique panel of musical experts and performers from all over the UK. If any of The 100 like what they hear, they can stand up and join in. The greater the number that stand up and sing along, the higher the contestant’s score.

Geri will be heading up The 100. They are all passionate about music and performance, with big voices and even bigger opinions. Geri will be joining them to offer her expert advice as a performer, provide support and encouragement to the contestants, and find out exactly what will make The 100 stand up and join in with her…or not.

Geri says: "I'm so excited to be part of this show. It's about celebrating talent, uniting people from all walks of life, feeling good AND singing! It's a whole lot of joy standing up together on a Saturday night."

Comedian Rob Beckett will be ensuring the show is fun-filled with lots of laughs. He says: "If like me you're the sort of person who likes to belt out a tune in the shower then I'm pretty sure this is the show for you... but if you're the sort of person who likes to belt out a tune in the shower while another hundred people join in...then firstly, how big's your bathroom? And secondly, this is definitely the show for you!”

The Series will run for 6 episodes from this Saturday. Quote is taken from BBC Press Office

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jan 28 2018, 05:20 PM
Post #192
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Was it any good? Not sure whether to give it a go or not (yes, shockingly a Spice Girl's involvement in a programme isn't always a strong enough factor for me to watch something kink.gif )

~~~

Geri was accused by Susanna Reid of "throwing shade" at the other Spice Girls, during a recent interview. :')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd3mMtCKR68&t=1m03s

Obviously Geri didn't mean it to come across like that, and she was really thrown off! Poor Geri ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jan 28 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #193
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I think that was a bit unprofessional of Reid tbh!

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Jan 28 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #194
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

I agree. There was no shade. Susanna was intentionally stirring the pot.

Geri looked hurt to be painted in that light. She's so much more sweet and sensitive these days.

+Quote Post
Alberto!
post Jun 8 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #195
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,843
   No Gallery Pics

With Geri's permission, Ryan Louder shared the 3 songs they recorded together - Keep On Dreaming, Hallelujah, Deeper Love - on YouTube.

Here's his message on Facebook page:

Spice Girls Fans! Geri has given me go ahead to put up the 3 songs we did!

This is all we did so please no more messages comments on every social media post making my life a spicy hell.
The story is. I am a left of field song writer music producer that does not really play by the music industry rule book. Most people in the industry treat me like an unusual koala bear that they like to look at from afar because they're scared if they cuddle me I will bite them on their a&r noses.
This kind of koala bear can be good to work with successful artists who usually only get rule book producer song writers through the door who will do the same thing as the next guy.

I worked with Geri for a few weeks and she was excited that we were doing something new.
Warners though decided to go with a ballad about George Michael for a single, which I had nothing to do with.
To my furry ears what we were doing was kinda cool and had a bit of edge. But it is almost never about the music when it comes to major label decisions. So what'ya gonna do? I snap at Warners fingers annoyed that I had wasted a few weeks and I run up my tree and chew on my eucalyptus leaves.

Here are the 3 songs youtu.be/-bNw7RS9lQ4

#spicegirls #spicegirlsnews #gerihalliwell

I love these tracks! Sorry to hear it was Warner's decision to not go ahead with any of them.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jun 8 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #196
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I totally missed Keep on dreaming last time don't know how! I bloody love that one wub.gif

I think most of MOTM is better but they are still lovely tracks, shame Warner didn't release.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Jun 9 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #197
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Interesting that Warner made the Angels in chains choice, I cant help but feel and always have, that it was a synical ploy to try and sell records on George's name and not the sentimental thing Geri felt she needed to do.

Either way it backfired.

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Jun 10 2018, 01:19 PM
Post #198
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Gosh it sounds like spice fans have made Ryan Louder's life really difficult. Such a shame.

He has done some wonderful work for Geri and, by extension, for the fans.

I was happy with the little snippets from his website. But this is so kind. I love these songs. Man is a genius!

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Jun 10 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #199
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

It's lovely to hear her voice on more tracks. I wish she would go ahead with a full album release but I have the feeling it won't happen.

We're fortunate to have the unreleased 2016 album though even though I'd have loved it in full CD quality.

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
post Jun 25 2018, 10:53 PM
Post #200
New Entry
Member No.: 39,660
   No Gallery Pics

it's so frustrating to see all the work she's doing with music and ehaving a proper release or album.
If u check Ryan Louders'sessions and MONTM leaks, all of them are better than ANgels in chains.
I feel very difficult to understand the Record COmpany decisions to release that and scrap MONTM.... everything is strange bout those girls solo jobs.
Thanks God we have Mel C at least, but really need more Geri in my life again

+Quote Post

54 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:28 PM