BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee, November 16th // Nintendo Switch
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Apr 16 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Official Nintendo Magazine has confirmed that the Switch game is Generation 8, so we've got a new era of Pokémon coming ohmy.gif I'm yet to get a switch but I probably will by the time we get this, I'm so excited for the possibilities! Just imagine a proper huge open world sort of game with the graphics of a home console as well as obviously having the portable option that makes Pokémon so great - the Switch is the perfect console!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Apr 16 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

I'm looking forward to the new game but the Switch is so much more expensive than all the previous Pokemon consoles so that is annoying as I don't have one yet and it is a lot to pay out but I like how it can be used on the TV or as a portable device.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Apr 17 2018, 06:42 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

So many YouTubers are confirming “exclusively” that Pickachu will be in this game. (Shock)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 15 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!

Apparently this could be revealed at the end of this month ohmy.gif Rumours are that its set in Kanto to capture the older audience back which is probably a good idea, if a bit disappointing for me personally unless it's like a post-apocalyptic or futuristic Kanto or something different. A remake of a remake would be boring af

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post May 15 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #5
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

I really hope it's not a Kanto remake, but if it is, I hope it's a big change.

Either way, I know I'm going to buy it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post May 15 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

I'm buying it whatever it is be it remake or a new game. GIMME THAT SWITCH GAME NOW.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 15 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #7
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

I don't have a Switch so will be unable to play this but I'll definitely be watching playthroughs on YouTube.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post May 15 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #8
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

The Switch is INCREDIBLE as is but now it's even more essential. Everyone buy one, you won't regret it.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 16 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #9
Brown cow, stunning!

Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu have been trademarked by the same Nintendo company who trademarked Sun & Moon, looking more like not just a Kanto game but a Yellow remake/re-imagining (with the option to "be" the Eevee side on one version I guess). This might mean it's still gen 7 then as I doubt they'd kick off gen 8 with a remake laugh.gif

+Quote Post
rafik4u
post May 18 2018, 10:32 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 12,633
   No Gallery Pics

Hyped! I might get just the Switch for this game!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 20 2018, 03:17 AM
Post #11
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 16 2018, 04:13 PM) *
Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu have been trademarked by the same Nintendo company who trademarked Sun & Moon, looking more like not just a Kanto game but a Yellow remake/re-imagining (with the option to "be" the Eevee side on one version I guess). This might mean it's still gen 7 then as I doubt they'd kick off gen 8 with a remake laugh.gif
This honestly feels like a spin-off RPG thing separate from Yellow

MYSTERY DUNGEON GEN 7 WHEN

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 20 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!

Mystery Dungeon has been f***ing TERRIBLE since the 3DS, Gates To Infinity was so dull with small oasises of rewarding fun gameplay after hours of slogging through it, and Super Mystery Dungeon was such a slog I couldn't finish it. I played for hours and got what felt like nowhere because there was so many boring cutscenes of going to school and then like 10 minutes of a repetitive boring dungeon. But then I was never the biggest fan of those spin-offs, it was cute and fun the first time but I think with that format once you've done it once there's not much else to do other than "wow we added these new pokemon" with some slightly different environments.

I won't really care if it's a spin-off, I don't think I'd get a Switch for that laugh.gif It could be that though, or as I said a Yellow situation where they're trying to get adults who have the Switch back into Pokemon from their childhood which I'd be here for. We'll see I guess!

+Quote Post
Atonement
post May 21 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #13
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I very unexpectedly got a Switch for Christmas after not owning a 3DS so now I'm back into gaming.

I have Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze so far. I can't wait for the Yoshi game and the new Pokémon game.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 21 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

Apparently it only has the first 151 Pokemon in it..... Could still be a sidegame but looking more and more like a Gen 1 remake.

I know that's what Gen 1 was but they could at least bring it up to date with like later evolution etc. like other remakes. Gen 1 is so overrated laugh.gif At least it isn't gen 2 I guess......

+Quote Post
Tombo
post May 21 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member

We haven't had a Kanto game in so long so it will be nice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tombo
post May 21 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member

We haven't had a Kanto game in so long so it will be nice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 30 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #17
Brown cow, stunning!

News is coming any minute now!!!!!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 30 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!

Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu CONFIRMED! Out November 16th.

Yellow re-imagined via Pokemon Go with a pokeball controller ohmy.gif And multiplayer!!!

Honestly idk how I feel about this, it'll be SO cool to go back to the start with this gen's graphics but I don't like that it's so much like Pokemon Go which I am really not a fan of. I do think it's really cool to re-imagine rather than just remake Gen 1 with better graphics but I don't like the lack of random encounters of the capture mechanic either, but at least the battle mechanics look good! I think it's trying to bridge the gap between spin-off and main game to tide us over to gen 8, while trying to grab Go players which I suppose is clever... I just don't know, I think I need more details to see if I'd invest in a Switch for it. It's certainly more interesting than a straight up remake but idk if the formula is for me necessarily...

Gen 8 confirmed for second half of 2019 though!

(we also got Pokemon Quest which looks shite, it's like Pixelmon Pokemon Rumble that you can play on Switch or phone and it's "free to start" so I assume it has microtransactions)

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 30 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Of course there's an accessory they're trying to pawn off on us as well.
But, with that being said, I'm in. Will need to buy a Switch as well kink.gif which is fine. I'e been holding off.

Wish it wasn't just a Generation 1 Remake. Let's hope they've changed a lot of the storyline to make it interesting.
Not sure how I feel about seeing the Pokemon in the wild and being able to approach them. I would assume they'd respawn quite often if you're on the hunt for a rare pokemon in a certain area.

+Quote Post
Tombo
post May 30 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I am excited about this game. The Switch is so expensive though. Each console gets more and more expensive for the Pokemon games. I want to keep playing but there's no way I can afford just under Ł300 for the new console and I don't trust the second hand ones on eBay (which are still more than the price of a new 3DS XL)

Ughh, I hate being part of this consumerist culture of false needs heehee.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:45 AM