BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google Stadia
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Mar 19 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Google announced today their Stadia service which is being called "the future of gaming", it's basically a streaming service like PS Now but with added features, you can stream to your computer, console or smart TV as it's built in to Google Chrome or Youtube. You can use any controller to play too, but there will also be a Stadia controller you can buy (a bit like a Steam controller I guess) that's wi-fi connected and will be able to connect directly to the Stadia service.

I'm.... kinda sceptical, idk it just sounds way too good to be true laugh.gif It's interesting to think of gaming going this way though and it will be amazing if it's true, obviously we don't quite know everything yet.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 20 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #2
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

A streaming service for gaming? Hmm, it might eat into the console side of things a bit and send them towards a cloud function but... I’m not sure.

Firstly, it’s yet more things that require online. Secondly, games have so many assets, I think it’s a whole different beast to streaming music or TV. Finally, another service under Google’s eye, nah. Fortunately I don’t think it’ll push out Steam.

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Apr 13 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #3
Let's Go Brandon
Group: Members
Member No.: 421

Yeah it's a strong pass for me. I'll stick with PS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM