BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sony BMG releases first USB album
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 27th January 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Sony BMG releases first USB album
Source: MW
Friday January 25, 2008

By Ben Cardew

Sony BMG is to issue its first commercial USB release, as the format gathers steam.

On Monday (January 28) Scream Aim Fire, by rock band Bullet For My Valentine will be released in a USB format, the first to be issued by Sony BMG UK.

Recent months have seen USB release from all three of the other majors, as well as leading indie XL.

The USB format of Scream Aim Fire (which is released on the same day in traditional formats), comes as a special Bullet-shaped USB and key-ring, specifically designed to visually fit the rest of the band’s merchandise.

It features a 1GB memory, the 12 tracks of the album, a pdf of the album booklet, exclusive Wallpapers and a 15 minute track- by- track documentary. It will retail at approx £25.99.

“We believe there is an opportunity to work with USB as a format, to make them an engaging, visually appealing and highly desirable piece of merchandise,” says Sony BMG business development manager Gareth Deakin. “We see this as the deluxe edition of the album and demand for it has reflected that.

“We’re delighted with how it has come out, the band love it, and we think their fans will too.”

Meanwhile, Sony BMG has announced a new deal Opendisc, which involves the implementation of Opendisc technology and consumer marketing services to the major’s Top 30 international priority releases and key domestic projects in Europe.

Opendisc says that it will help Sony BMG to make the CD experience more attractive for their consumers, to target opinion leaders and maximize marketing efficiency, to communicate directly with the consumer, and to create new consumer-centric revenue streams.

"Opendisc will help us to connect our artists with their fans in the digital space," says Sony BMG Europe senior director sales and marketing Christopher Moser. "Sony BMG Music is committed to provide consumers the best music experience including not only great music but also exclusive additional content and tailor-made services."

Opendisc founder and CEO Guillaume Doret says, "Opendisc transforms the physical CD into a digital platform used to connect the consumer with the artist's exclusive online hub. Through this successful technique we are very proud to form a partnership with Sony BMG and to be able to help them better know, and target their pro-active consumers."
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Justin
post 27th January 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 282

Whats wrong with CD players? why is it WRONG to use them theses days???

+Quote this post
Josh
post 27th January 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

Bit pointless, earlier last year/or 06 Sony tried release cd's in a slide package, didn't sell a great amount though.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 27th January 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

£25.99! huh.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
han solo
post 28th January 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 2,341

QUOTE(Harve @ Jan 27 2008, 10:17 PM) *
£25.99! huh.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif

£25.99!
For what?! wacko.gif laugh.gif

At least they should have the decency to release those tracks on WAV format (uncompressed, best quality) and not MP3s...

This post has been edited by Alin: 28th January 2008, 10:07 AM

+Quote this post
DitzyNizzy
post 28th January 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
To Katy Perry: I shagged a girl. And I loved it.
User: 4,484

£26 to buy it on USB?

If I was a Bullet For My Valentine fan (which I'm not), I'd hardly pay the extra £16 just for some wallpapers and a documentary. (For "hardly" read "wouldn't".)

This post has been edited by DitzyNizzy: 28th January 2008, 04:29 PM

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 28th January 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

that price is ridiculous, I hope it doesn't sell I don't want Cd's to die out, I still love to buy Cd's !

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 28th January 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

the Rolling Stones have one out for a similar price too. Let's just say USB doesn't sell laugh.gif

Why are record companies making CD's look like work of the evil laugh.gif by wasting their times on a format like USB

+Quote this post
deep_honey
post 29th January 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 4,444

they're clearly just trying to regain hype and interest in physical formats in general to hopefully spice up the charts, but honestly at those prices i'd be surprised if USBs lasted the year

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 06:42 AM