BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> France v Croatia - 2018 World Cup Final, 15th July, 4pm, Moscow, BBC and ITV
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Jul 15 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #81
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Qatar that will be fun and games.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 15 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #82
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

The rain certainly made for an unexpected ending!

I’ve largely enjoyed the World Cup this year, first time in a while that has happened. I don’t think it’s exclusively down to us doing okay either.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 15 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #83
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Thank you Sports mods for making this part of the site very welcoming! It's been fun to post here a lot more than I ever have in the past.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Jul 15 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #84
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

That was the best World Cup final I've ever seen, such an entertaining match full of goals. I think France are worthy winners but Croatia have been solid throughout the tournament and even today they gave France a good match.

This World Cup will go down as one of the best ever I think, it was full of surprises and entertaining matches.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 15 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #85
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

OMG now that was a game. Every final I can remember has been so tedious so it was great to have a proper shootout. France were deserved winners in the end (and I get money for winning with them in my family sweepstake biggrin.gif), they got awfully lucky with both the goals in the first half and Croatia looked genuinely dangerous, they could've easily been two goals down overall, but those beauties in the second half really showed their power (I can't at Lloris with that last one though drama.gif) and it's a nice bit of symmetry to 1998. Modric is a deserved Golden Ball receipient as well. Croatia certainly did themselves proud this tournament.

Certainly been the best tournament I can remember watching, so many twists and turns, surprise qualifiers and early exits and more interesting methods of play than just constant defence (a few exceptions aside -__).

I echo the thanks to both of the Sports Mods for their excellent work throughout and thank everyone who has contributed. Let's cherish that rare time football can be seen as one of our premier points of discussion kink.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 15 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #86
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

You're all more than welcome again massive thanks to everyone who has contributed throughout the World Cup it has been fun. Hope to see you all post on here after the World Cup maybe.

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jul 15 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #87
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Its a shame now we have to wait 4 years and 6 months for the next WC tournament drama.gif

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jul 15 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #88
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

A brilliant finale to a brilliant World Cup. Seriously though, Croatia were dictating MOST of that match but France were so clinical! Very entertaining & boy was Piccadilly Circus bouncing tonight.

Also echo the praise for the mods in running this smoothly throughout this tournament. Now to forward to another season of being bored to death watching United biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jul 15 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #89
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Jul 15 2018, 08:54 PM) *
Its a shame now we have to wait 4 years and 6 months for the next WC tournament drama.gif

Let's try and put a positive spin on this. After the next World Cup, we'll have a shorter than usual wait for the following one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Jul 15 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #90
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Brillant finale to one of the great tournaments - roll on the Nations League in September which I thankfully will be heading to in Dublin!

Croatia were so unlucky in that game the big decisions went against them with the pen decision showing the weakness on the handball rule and interpretation rather than VAR! Hard to like this French team under Deschamps but they are deserved winners.

Croatia really played fantastic throughout and are better than I thought!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Jul 15 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #91
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Also thanks to all the folks in the sports forum, great to see a lot more members contributing too!

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jul 15 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #92
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I'd just like to echo the comments here and say thanks to everyone who contributed and the moderators who kept discussions going - this was a really enjoyable tournament throughout. I've changed my opinion on VAR and what an excellent final to end on packed with action, controversy, upsets (what was Hugo Lloris doing!?) and new world stars. I admit I was rooting for Croatia, especially after they had an run of bad luck in the first half despite controlling the game, but France did win me over in the end. Deserved winners!

Also the timing of that thunderstorm was impeccable, and the meme-factor of Putin having his umbrella whilst everyone around him got throughly soaked was GENIUS.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Jul 15 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #93
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Ha yeh Putin just eeks dictator!!

Why on earthed were the politicans there at the end as well!?

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jul 15 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #94
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

Disappointed with the result (I was really rooting for Croatia) and some of the early referee decisions were a bit dodgy but the later French goals were brilliant so can't say they didn't deserve it really. Was a fantastic and action-packed final to close out a brilliant World Cup! WD frogs x

(back to not caring about football for another 2 years kink.gif)

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Jul 16 2018, 12:20 AM
Post #95
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

You could argue tho that the earlier poor decisions changed the game and that's what led to the great second half goals for France - that's football tho!

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Jul 16 2018, 06:47 AM
Post #96
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,265
   No Gallery Pics

Entertaining way to end what has been a brilliant World Cup! Passed all my expectations, managed to watch almost every game (except the double headers in the group stage) and I can only recall a handful of disappointing games. Certainly better than 2014, which got worse as it went on (7-1 excepted).

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:17 PM