BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RW & Guy Chambers - RSC - The Boy In The Dress (Musical), The Boy In The Dress Musical & OST Album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post Jan 28 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135
Robbie Williams

Very excited to reveal I’ve been working with @guyachambers on the music & lyrics for @davidwalliams' new musical with @TheRSC - The Boy In The Dress! Can’t wait to share some of the new music with you soon x #RSCBoyinDress

https://twitter.com/search?q=robbie%20williams&src=typd

https://www.rsc.org.uk/the-boy-in-the-dress

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 28 2019, 08:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Q & A R.S.C to Mark Ravenhill

The RSC

Why did you choose to adapt The Boy in the Dress? #AskMarkRavenhill

Mark Ravenhill

When I ask kids what books they really liked, David Walliams’ books kept coming up - and when I read The Boy in the Dress I thought it was fresh, funny and very moving. I thought the theme of discovering who you were through clothing and costume was inherently theatrical.

The RSC

Where did the idea of approaching Robbie Williams and Guy Chambers come from and what do you think this partnership will bring to the show? #AskMarkRavenhill

Mark Ravenhill

I’ve always followed and enjoyed the songs that Robbie and Guy have written together since Angels and I think the honesty and wit of their writing is a great fit with David Walliams' tone.

TheRSC

What do you think Shakespeare would think of The Boy in the Dress? #AskMarkRavenhill

Mark Ravenhill

I think that Shakespeare would enjoy a comedy in which the central character discovers themselves through cross-dressing, and would delight in the richness and diversity of the characters in David Walliams' story.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/AskMarkRavenhill?src=hash

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 28 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The Boy in the Dress by David Walliams to become stage musical

Robbie & Guy appear in the above video

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/jan/...e-stage-musical

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 28 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Stage set for The Boy In The Dress musical

The musical has been in development since 2012.

By Sherna Noah, Press Association Senior Entertainment Correspondent - January 28 2019

The Royal Shakespeare Company is bringing David Walliams’s book The Boy In The Dress to the stage after more than six years in the making.

The musical will feature music and lyrics by Robbie Williams and his collaborator Guy Chambers.

RSC artistic director Gregory Doran, who will direct the show, announced the musical as part of its winter season.

The book, about a 12-year-old boy who loves football and dresses, was Walliams’s debut children’s novel, published in 2008.

The bestselling author and Britain’s Got Talent judge said the show was a “dream collaboration”.

“It’s now 10 years since The Boy In The Dress was first published and we’ve come a long way in that time,” he said.

“Ultimately, I wanted to write a story that encouraged people to recognise that difference can be celebrated, that it’s OK to be yourself.

“I’ve always loved musicals and, somehow, I’d always imagined this book to be made into a musical.”

Williams and Chambers said: “We’re beyond excited to be working with the RSC on our first musical theatre collaboration.

“We are both big fans of David’s books, so when he approached us about writing the soundtrack to a new musical version of The Boy In The Dress for the RSC, we were genuinely delighted.

“There’s a real freshness, cheekiness and heart to David’s writing which we’ve worked really hard to capture in the music.”

Public booking for our new season will open on 18 March.

If you'd like early access and a host of other benefits, join The RSC to get priority booking from 18 February. http://bit.ly/2U9a8Hd #RSCWinter19

Mark Ravenhill, who is adapting the novel, said the book was a “gripping, entertaining and life-affirming story with all the ingredients of a great stage show”.

Other productions will include Shakespeare’s King John, at the Swan Theatre, “exploring contemporary issues of nationhood”, A Museum In Baghdad by Hannah Khalil, and The Whip by Juliet Gilkes Romero.

“Like Shakespeare’s King John, A Museum In Baghdad and The Whip are plays which aren’t afraid to confront big issues and ideas,” deputy artistic director Erica Whyman said.

“What does it mean to be a post-imperial nation? Black-British? Middle Eastern-British? Fundamentally, this is a season about what it means to be ‘British’ and what responsibility must we take for our past as we embark on an uncertain future.”

The Boy In The Dress will play for 18 weeks at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon from November 2019 to March 2020.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/mu...l-37755978.html

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jan 29 2019, 12:03 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
I hope the songs are good smile.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 29 2019, 12:08 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 28 2019, 08:16 PM) *
Q & A R.S.C to Mark Ravenhill

Where did the idea of approaching Robbie Williams and Guy Chambers come from and what do you think this partnership will bring to the show? #AskMarkRavenhill

Mark Ravenhill

I’ve always followed and enjoyed the songs that Robbie and Guy have written together since Angels and I think the honesty and wit of their writing is a great fit with David Walliams' tone.
TheRSC

Agree. cool.gif

I'd actually like to go and see this - Stratford is a bit of a way though.

Looking forward to hearing some of the music. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 29 2019, 12:19 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams

Verified account

@robbiewilliams
13h
13 hours ago

Very excited to reveal I’ve been working with @guyachambers on the music & lyrics for @davidwalliams' new musical with @TheRSC - The Boy In The Dress! Can’t wait to share some of the new music with you soon x #RSCBoyinDress

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 29 2019, 05:32 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 29 2019, 12:08 AM) *
Agree. cool.gif

I'd actually like to go and see this - Stratford is a bit of a way though.

Looking forward to hearing some of the music. smile.gif

Me also Laura , I must check it out , it's on until end of March next year , how far from London is it , I wonder where the nearest airport is unsure.gif They might move it to |London if it is successful, they did that with Matilda . It should do well, David Walliams books are a huge hit so I can see it appealing to kids , looking forward to hearing the songs etc

It must be very exciting for Robbie & Guy doing something different together , I think it will be good for them & broaden their horizons

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 30 2019, 12:25 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 29 2019, 05:32 AM) *
Me also Laura , I must check it out , it's on until end of March next year , how far from London is it , I wonder where the nearest airport is unsure.gif They might move it to |London if it is successful, they did that with Matilda . It should do well, David Walliams books are a huge hit so I can see it appealing to kids , looking forward to hearing the songs etc

It must be very exciting for Robbie & Guy doing something different together , I think it will be good for them & broaden their horizons

Definitely.

Stratford on Avon is less than a couple of hours from London.

If you can do the maths and get over we could go together. I'd drive us there from London. Stratford on Avon is lovely. Lots of history. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 30 2019, 12:27 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
David Walliams has done so well. He's so talented.

Comedian/actor/writer/presenter.

All round nice man too.

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 30 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 30 2019, 12:35 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie and Guy on half way through.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 30 2019, 07:11 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 30 2019, 12:25 AM) *
Definitely.

Stratford on Avon is less than a couple of hours from London.

If you can do the maths and get over we could go together. I'd drive us there from London. Stratford on Avon is lovely. Lots of history. happy.gif

Will tie in with you Laura regarding the details. SOA is 30 mins by road from Birmingham airport which I fly in & out of on a regular basis so I am familiar with the general area . I think tickets will go quite quickly for these shows so we better get our act together in March when they go on sale smile.gif

It would be very interesting to see how this works for Robbie & Guy, it's something very different & is quite exciting

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 31 2019, 12:10 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 30 2019, 07:11 AM) *
Will tie in with you Laura regarding the details. SOA is 30 mins by road from Birmingham airport which I fly in & out of on a regular basis so I am familiar with the general area . I think tickets will go quite quickly for these shows so we better get our act together in March when they go on sale smile.gif

It would be very interesting to see how this works for Robbie & Guy, it's something very different & is quite exciting

Even better for you Tess. smile.gif

I could meet you there.

Let's see how it all transpires. If it's meant to be - we'll get there. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 31 2019, 05:14 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 31 2019, 12:10 AM) *
Even better for you Tess. smile.gif

I could meet you there.

Let's see how it all transpires. If it's meant to be - we'll get there. happy.gif

We can do the maths & see how it goes, hopefully it will work out wink.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Mar 18 2019, 03:23 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Tickets have gone on sale

THE BOY IN THE DRESS

https://www.rsc.org.uk/the-boy-in-the-dress-musical/tickets

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Mar 19 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Mar 18 2019, 03:23 PM) *
Tickets have gone on sale

THE BOY IN THE DRESS

https://www.rsc.org.uk/the-boy-in-the-dress-musical/tickets

Good prices and loads of choice.

I'm up for it. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Mar 19 2019, 12:04 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Mar 19 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Yippee ...looking forward to this cheer.gif

Cannot wait to see what R & G have come up with funky.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Mar 21 2019, 06:22 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
funky.gif

+Quote this post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:38 PM