BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emma Harrison - A bigger parasite than the bankers..?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Suedehead2
post Feb 26 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 26 2012, 09:01 PM) *
I know this is a different point but I suspect that a YES vote is exactly what Cameron rather wants, after all he loses nothing politically in it (MP wise) and North Sea Oil will be carved up so he'll get a slice of that and makes future electoral victories in the remainder of the UK much more likely.

He leads the Conservative and Unionist Party. He will look even more of a chump than he does already if he oversees the end of the union.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 26 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #22
Ciao, 911? E 'Quagmire. Sì, è preso nella finestra di questo
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 13,341
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Feb 26 2012, 10:17 PM) *
He leads the Conservative and Unionist Party. He will look even more of a chump than he does already if he oversees the end of the union.

Yes but the events that have led us to this point haven't been within the realm of control by the tory party though (if we take the setting up of the devolved governments in 1999 as the starting point) so I think in reality little blame can be laid at his door on that point, and the referendum would have happened whoever got in (it was hardly the loss of swaths of conservative MP's/ councillers in Scotland that provided the SNP with a majority at the last election- they lost one seat on a national level and 5 SMP's I believe). I agree on the surface he can't support it for the reasons you give but in reality hasn't Scotland been an electoral thorn in the tory side since the 80s?

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Feb 26 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 26 2012, 10:40 PM) *
Yes but the events that have led us to this point haven't been within the realm of control by the tory party though (if we take the setting up of the devolved governments in 1999 as the starting point) so I think in reality little blame can be laid at his door on that point, and the referendum would have happened whoever got in (it was hardly the loss of swaths of conservative MP's/ councillers in Scotland that provided the SNP with a majority at the last election- they lost one seat on a national level and 5 SMP's I believe). I agree on the surface he can't support it for the reasons you give but in reality hasn't Scotland been an electoral thorn in the tory side since the 80s?

But if Scotland vote for independence much of the blame will rest with the attitude of various Tory ministers and the contempt they have shown for their opponents.

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 26 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Feb 26 2012, 11:14 PM) *
But if Scotland vote for independence much of the blame will rest with the attitude of various Tory ministers and the contempt they have shown for their opponents.

This may be true- but blame by who? Certainly the opinion polls seem to indicate that the English at least aren't that concerned about the potential split. Would be an electoral plus or minus come 2015? Well I don't know on that one....

+Quote Post
Silas
post Feb 26 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #25
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 26 2012, 10:40 PM) *

Scotland has been a dirty word since the Thatcher era when they did almost irreparable harm to an entire country. They only pick up seats, list or MP seats, in areas of Scotland where there are wealthy land owners to vote for them. The Tory Government has actively in the past attempted to prevent Scottish Nationalism getting a hold by refusing to think about devolution when there was a demand in the 70's and the referendum was lost on a technicality. (As I understand it)

The ConDem government is the reason behind the majority SNP government but that's because the LibDems had a mass exodus of support to the SNP who are arguably the nearest party to them in terms of policy (Nationalism aside of course).

If anyone was to be actively pushing for a single question, 2012 or never, referendum you'd think I'd be Labour given that if Scotland swans off so does 40 of their seats.

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 26 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #26
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Feb 26 2012, 11:26 PM) *
Scotland has been a dirty word since the Thatcher era when they did almost irreparable harm to an entire country. They only pick up seats, list or MP seats, in areas of Scotland where there are wealthy land owners to vote for them. The Tory Government has actively in the past attempted to prevent Scottish Nationalism getting a hold by refusing to think about devolution when there was a demand in the 70's and the referendum was lost on a technicality. (As I understand it)

The ConDem government is the reason behind the majority SNP government but that's because the LibDems had a mass exodus of support to the SNP who are arguably the nearest party to them in terms of policy (Nationalism aside of course).
If anyone was to be actively pushing for a single question, 2012 or never, referendum you'd think I'd be Labour given that if Scotland swans off so does 40 of their seats.

The 1979 referendum was lost as 40% of the electorate had to vote in favour of it. 51% of those who voted voted did so in favour of independence but this equated to about 33% of the total electorate so it wasn't carried and the Labour gov't admitted the terms of devolment had not been met, this led to the withdrawl of SNP support for Labour and a subsequent vote of no confidence which resulted in 18 yrs of Tory government.

What I don't know is why there was a move from Lib Dem support to SNP in May 2010 as obviously there was no coalition at this point?

+Quote Post
Silas
post Feb 26 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #27
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

The Scottish election took place after the one down south and in May 2011...

The LibDem support went to SNP after the the May 2010 coalition sham and during the Holyrood campaign.

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 26 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #28
   No Gallery Pics

Ah thanks for clearing that one up! Lord bless em they were never going to come out of this coalition malarky in a good light were they? Regardless of who they teamed up with.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Feb 27 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #29
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 26 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Ah thanks for clearing that one up! Lord bless em they were never going to come out of this coalition malarky in a good light were they? Regardless of who they teamed up with.

If the Lib Dems had been given a choice of who to deal with - which is what I believe they were expecting - they good have exacted a far bigger price from their partners. Even if they only had the choice of a deal with the Tories they would have been in a stronger position if their increase in the share of the vote had been rewarded with an increase in seats.

Had they been able to get a better deal they would probably still have suffered a drop in support but not necessarily by so much.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Feb 27 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #30
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 26 2012, 11:18 PM) *
This may be true- but blame by who? Certainly the opinion polls seem to indicate that the English at least aren't that concerned about the potential split. Would be an electoral plus or minus come 2015? Well I don't know on that one....

A large number of Tory voters would be outraged by a split in the union. Of course that wouldn't necessarily lead to them deserting the party but it might lead to them dumping Cameron (such irony in the Scottish name) asap.

+Quote Post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Feb 27 2012, 08:52 AM
Post #31
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
Group: Members
Member No.: 190
   No Gallery Pics

Ha Ha, really loving how this thread has suddenly transformed into a discussion of Scottish independence.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

I take it nobody wants to discuss Emma "I'm a parasitical bitch who screws over the unemployed and fleeces the tax-payer" Harrison anymore then..... wink.gif

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Feb 27 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #32
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Feb 27 2012, 08:52 AM) *
I take it nobody wants to discuss Emma "I'm a parasitical bitch who screws over the unemployed and fleeces the tax-payer" Harrison anymore then..... wink.gif

I think you're jealous Scott. You're always banging on about banking bonuses and now hers. Come on, you'd take the money if you were her!! I would, anyone here would. It's every man for himself in this world so good luck to her and the bankers if they get these big bonuses. Of course they'll take them and so would you!

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Feb 27 2012, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Feb 27 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #33
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Feb 27 2012, 09:23 AM) *
I think you're jealous Scott. You're always banging on about banking bonuses and now hers. Come on, you'd take the money if you were her!! I would, anyone here would. It's every man for himself in this world so good luck to her and the bankers if they get these big bonuses. Of course they'll take them and so would you!

Okay, so let me get this clear, you're unemployed, on benefits and yet are defending Emma Harrison and her fraudulent organisation... Will you be so keen to defend her when you're forced onto one of A4e's worthless programmes I wonder......

You're an idiot... Are you familiar with the phrase "turkeys voting for Christmas"...?

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Feb 27 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #34
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Feb 27 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Okay, so let me get this clear, you're unemployed, on benefits and yet are defending Emma Harrison and her fraudulent organisation... Will you be so keen to defend her when you're forced onto one of A4e's worthless programmes I wonder......

You're an idiot... Are you familiar with the phrase "turkeys voting for Christmas"...?

I wouldn't go on any scheme Scott. NO WAY. I'll commit suicide instead. 'I've already told my GP and my family that and would tell the DWP if I'm put on JSA and am waiting to appeal my Incapacity Benefit.

I'm not defending her at all but don't get why her bonuses and the bankers' ones too get YOU so worked up when 99% of the population couldn't care less who's getting bonuses and who isn't. They're more interested in the weather, the Olympics or ever rising food prices.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Feb 27 2012, 09:35 AM

+Quote Post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Feb 27 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #35
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Feb 27 2012, 09:33 AM) *
I wouldn't go on any scheme Scott. NO WAY. I'll commit suicide instead. 'I've already told my GP and my family that. I'm not defending her at all but don't get why her bonuses and the bankers' ones too get YOU so worked up when 99% of the population couldn't care less who's getting bonuses and who isn't. They're more interested in the weather, the Olympics or ever rising food prices.

If you dont get why people such as myself are so "worked up" about completely unearned bonuses, corporate greed and banking industry fraud and malfeasence, then you have no grasp whatsoever of the economic factors that have led the country into the situation that we find ourselves in... Which, by the way, contributes to rises in food prices as well as things such as unemployment, recession, cuts in public services, etc, etc... Seriously dude, you need to get an education in the facts, ignorance is not bliss, it just makes you easier to control..... sleep.gif

Oh, and dont rely on the "I'll kill myself if I'm forced on a work programme" arguement. Do you honestly believe they'll care....? sleep.gif

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Feb 27 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #36
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Feb 27 2012, 09:37 AM) *
sleep.gif

Oh, and dont rely on the "I'll kill myself if I'm forced on a work programme" arguement. Do you honestly believe they'll care....? sleep.gif

Yes. Doubt they'd risk it happening and a huge law-suit for manslaughter being brought by my family.

+Quote Post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Feb 27 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #37
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Feb 27 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Yes. Doubt they'd risk it happening and a huge law-suit for manslaughter being brought by my family.

Bollocks... People have already committed or attempted or suicide over this....

http://www.scotsman.com/news/author_s_suic...efits_1_1367963
http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/909515..._took_own_life/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/fe...bility-benefits
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/suic...pted_suicide_du

And things are only going to get worse.... But, hey, carry on being thick and living in denial of what the Govt are capable of.... sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Feb 27 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't go on any scheme Scott. NO WAY. I'll commit suicide instead. 'I've already told my GP and my family that and would tell the DWP if I'm put on JSA and am waiting to appeal my Incapacity Benefit.

I'm not defending her at all but don't get why her bonuses and the bankers' ones too get YOU so worked up when 99% of the population couldn't care less who's getting bonuses and who isn't. They're more interested in the weather, the Olympics or ever rising food prices.

People are worked up about this greedy cow because her "bonus" has been paid for entirely by taxpayers. All of A4e's contracts are with the government.

+Quote Post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Feb 27 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #39
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Feb 27 2012, 12:36 PM) *
People are worked up about this greedy cow because her "bonus" has been paid for entirely by taxpayers. All of A4e's contracts are with the government.

Precisely... That and the fact that, as my example shows, A4e are clearly failing to provide their "clients" with the proper tools to further themselves into work or learn new skills. So, it kind of begs the question, if A4e aren't spending the massive amounts of tax-payers dosh they get on actually providing the proper equipment, just what the f**k are they doing with OUR money....? dry.gif

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 27 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #40
   No Gallery Pics

I sense the sound of the gravy train coming to a halt...........

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:49 AM