BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Las Vegas Residency continuing?, At a rival hotel instead!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Apr 10 2017, 12:09 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Britney Spears' Piece of Me Las Vegas residency at Planet Hollywood is coming to an end. The pop star's publicist, Jeff Raymond, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter the show, which takes place at the Axis, is ending on Dec. 31.

Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph, also told the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Friday (April 7) that her contract with Caesar's Entertainment ends on Dec. 31, but the show may continue "conceivably anywhere."

"We are done with this show, and our next move is undecided,” said Rudolph of the show that takes place at the Axis. “We are still talking with Caesars Entertainment and other interested parties in Las Vegas.”

"Anything is possible. We have made zero decisions. We expect a lot of interest from all parties. Britney basically sells out every show, and she loves Las Vegas, she loves performing in Vegas, and Vegas is a possibility going forward.”

Spears ended the current run of her hits-filled show on Saturday and will return from May 3 to May 20. She plans to perform in Tel Aviv, Israel, on July 3 which will delay the Israeli Labor Party's primary, pushing back the election to July 4.

Now that it's been announced that the end is possibly in sight, Rudolph says tickets may be hard to get for the show that has attracted Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and more since debuting on Dec. 27 2013. Piece of Me has topped $100 million in ticket sales.

"She might tour, she might work on a new album,” said Rudolph. “It’s too early to talk specifics about anything.”

This article originally appeared on The Hollywood Reporter.
Source: Billboard

What do you guys think? About time? Or do you think she just needs to have a complete refresh and stick with the residency?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Apr 10 2017, 01:43 AM
Post #2
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
PERFECT.

I'm seeing her in September! Then release an album and TOUR with it, the lack of her traveling is definitely a factor in her recent chart faulters. A 20 year anniversary to 'BOMT''s release. Release the album/ single the week of her debut 20 year mark. Perfect hype for the tour and the music! Also, let's not forget the reason why Circus and Femme Fatale were huge eras for her in the USA, and sell out tours helped get her biggest radio hits of her career.

Her selling out WW would have a huge impact on radio being back on her side. That's all we're missing, girls.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Apr 10 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
Britney's confirmed its ending 31st December.

I'm sad in a way, as I'm going back to Vegas next year, but I'm also hopeful she will come to the UK soon. She's also not enjoying the show right now, so I think this is good news.

This post has been edited by Rob Spears: Apr 10 2017, 05:26 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 31 2017, 11:00 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
From breatheheavy.com

Britney could in fact be continuing her residency in Las Vegas, just at a rival hotel instead!

Las Vegas can't get enough of Britney, bitch.

After taking the show around the world this summer, Britney will return to performing her wildly successful Piece Of Me show inside the Axis Theater at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas next month (Aug. 9). If you want to see it now, you betta work; her final string of shows run through the end of the year – the last taking place on New Year's Eve – and then from there it's up to Britney to decide what's next. Word on the street is that the "Slumber Party" singer wants to stay put in Vegas, but create an entirely new show.

The Las Vegas Review Journal's Robin Leech reflects that. He Tweeted this past weekend that Britney will indeed continue performing in Vegas after Dec. 31, but at a "rival hotel." If she does relocate, chances are she'll setup shop at the newly-renovated Park Theater inside Monte Carlo. It's the same venue Ricky Martin, Cher and Bruno Mars perform in.
Racy rumors indicate Britney Spears will remain performing in Vegas after Dec31 final shows at Planet Hollywood but expected at rival hotel

— Robin Leach (@Robin_Leach) July 30, 2017
In an interview with the RJ earlier this year, Britney's longtime manager Larry Rudolph alluded to a new show in Vegas.
"Anything is possible," he said. "We have made zero decisions. We expect a lot of interest from all parties. Britney basically sells out every show, and she loves Las Vegas, she loves performing in Vegas, and Vegas is a possibility going forward.”

Previous claims speculated Britney would take an "extended break" in 2018 - to hopefully record new music and prepare a second show.
I hope this doesn't prevent her from performing over here ffs. I wanna see her again!

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Jul 31 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
I've come to terms with Britney not being in the limelight. It's what she wants and she's obviously thriving in her current set up.

It's just, if you are going to continue dimming your flame, slowly but surely... try not to f*** up the lead music video in one of the few era's we have left to look forward to. That's her key selling point. What a waste of an era tbh. If 'Make Me' had a vid o as solid as SP we would have had a lot more to work with as simply just fans celebrating our favorite pop star. And tbh, I think a lot of it is coming from Britney.

The Glory era is almost as bad as BJ. Because it had the music quality and they SHAT ON IT.

SO. Here's to not expecting anything really and at least we have 9 8 amazing albums that define two decades of pop music.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post Aug 1 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008
Boo cry.gif

I just want the UK tour tbh but I doubt it'll happen now, I'll never get to see her cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: Aug 1 2017, 01:54 PM

+Quote this post
post Aug 1 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Argh, I really wish she could put some of her vegas efforts in an era.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:33 PM