BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
27 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Séyetana National Thread, shadow
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 18th December 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #81
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

The sooner you accept that Persephonia are basically God status the better. Don't be in denial ~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Harve
post 18th December 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #82
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

22 countries in your top 25. I think that's what you call a DIPLOMATIC list.

+Quote this post
zechhh
post 18th December 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,062

Thx for the kind words and the top 10 place. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
LUKΞ
post 18th December 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,609

sorry Iz. i for once wanted to confirm earlier as i didn't have time and i would eventually forget, ha. still love 'dreaming' and its success <3

"I wasn’t as vengeful as I might have been." - well, thank you Iz for being so nice to me biggrin.gif

"I haven’t given Luke points again" NEXT YEAR.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 18th December 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #85
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(MerryLexMas @ Dec 18 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Woo! glad to know this whole year of Allecian entries wasn't in vain.

Of course. I'm sure for most entries at least someone enjoys them enough to keep them around, but yeah, I'm Not Your Hero really started a cascade for me with them. wub.gif

QUOTE(*Tim @ Dec 18 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Great idea!
I'm happy to see you remember Broken Angel. I still love the song so much and it's my ultimate workout jam at the moment

Thanks! It's one of those DNQs I ended up really shaking my head at (although there's no shortage of those it's one of the most notable).

QUOTE(Michael Bubré @ Dec 18 2013, 06:59 PM) *
The sooner you accept that Persephonia are basically God status the better. Don't be in denial ~

Always in denial. It's a very comfortable place to be.

QUOTE(Harve @ Dec 18 2013, 07:05 PM) *
22 countries in your top 25. I think that's what you call a DIPLOMATIC list.

biggrin.gif

I honestly find myself flitting between different countries each contest a lot more than many others seem to. While Espen have probably been the most consistent for me this time round they weren't near the top last year and I still haven't blanket supported them this time. On the plus side, a lot more chance to score with me.

QUOTE(zechhh @ Dec 18 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Thx for the kind words and the top 10 place. biggrin.gif

You're quite welcome. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Lukē @ Dec 18 2013, 09:00 PM) *
sorry Iz. i for once wanted to confirm earlier as i didn't have time and i would eventually forget, ha. still love 'dreaming' and its success <3

"I wasn’t as vengeful as I might have been." - well, thank you Iz for being so nice to me biggrin.gif

"I haven’t given Luke points again" NEXT YEAR.

Nothing to be sorry about, it was probably partially my fault for hesitating. Incredible song, if you send anything else like it (or indeed anything really good I'm quite open) I'm sure it'll happen.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 13th January 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #86
Group icon

Seven days until victory?

Promising young band Arion line up to take the stage for Séyetana's 25th entry to LXI with their latest single Seven. Holding in their hand what has been described as a 'stadium anthem in waiting' and a 'track to knock all EDM wannabes out of the park' by many heavily biased and bribed reviewers, they look forward to seeing what you make of them.

Let's kick off the year with something epic! *.*

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th January 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #87
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Mona approves.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 17th February 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #88
Group icon

nightcore - n., a style of music editing mildly popular on Youtube for many songs, ostensibly only techno but many others get nightcored too. Named after a Norwegian production duo, although they didn't do the vast majority of the nightcores out there. It generally involves raising the pitch and tempo of the original song to a speed in the median between normal and 'chipmunk', occasionally with other adjustments made to the remix. Also on Youtube videos of nightcore a picture of an anime girl is normally added as the background, for mysterious reasons. (Probably because many nightcores sound in a similar range to the speaking voices of many of these)

The song we have chosen to enter, and hopefully the one BJSC will get most behind, is therefore the Nightcore version of pop-rock band The Cab's wonderful Angel With A Shotgun. It's phenomenal. Let's get back in the game.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd March 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #89
Group icon

MEGITSUNE by Babymetal

Some very awesome Japanese teenage girls going completely metal to create the little-known genre of kawaii (cute) metal. Must be heard and loved to be believed.

I've been completely obsessed with this ever since first hearing it about a month ago, we're coming to mess up that final. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th April 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #90
Group icon

Zhu

This is Zhu. This is an incredible quirky song that he has done. This will not fail. Yay.

Séyetana going the most dance they have ever gone~

+Quote this post
Harve
post 29th April 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #91
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

ooh

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 1st June 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #92
Group icon

Let's go for blood

To start the Séyetan government's mission to plug Lindsey Stirling's Shatter Me album - to be released domestically June 8th and with absolutely no illegal downloads from within the country because of the stupidly late release date before then, the entry to this BJSC is from a support act of hers, Archis, better known previously as Ms Dia Frampton. When questioned about the Séyetan government's commitance to avoid recycling acts, the answer was 'Name changes don't count'. I'm sure that wouldn't fly in Persephonia, but we are not them.

Blood is a building, cinematic, glorious pop song and we hope the BJSC world agrees with us.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 4th June 2014, 11:48 PM
Post #93
Group icon

What's that? You want more shameless promotion?

Well, Blood now has a video, so I have an excuse. It starts off being the video for Stay before it takes a darker turn.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 8th June 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #94
Group icon

Séyetana break through

It has been nearly a year and a half since Séyetana were in two consecutive finals, but tonight that was changed as 'Blood' stormed through the semi. Everyone here is very pleased and jubilant. 'The track clearly got the right semi, it has appealed to many many people across Buzzjack and our country has ended up on the right side of luck' said the head of the delegation in a night where many countries have taken flames and pitchforks against innocent sponsors random.org.

Séyetana only wishes to remind everyone of the vicious 'Megitsune' riots that took place in the country recently, with a brief statement:

'Sometimes BJSC is just awful to you, puts you in the wrong semi and screws your hopes and dreams over, and you have to accept it, because good times will come for you eventually. You should also, to soften the blow, believe your track is going to run riot over the competition in Rejects - which is obviously belief sadly misplaced, because that's what Megitsune will do.' happy.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 30th June 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #95
Group icon

Well I might as well do a hype post seeing as I've been very careful this time to not share my entry with anyone:

(has very little to do with the song but bears a striking resemblance to the singers if they were melded together)
~operation blue baron is a go~

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th June 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #96
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I hope this is as good as Blood wub.gif Looks completely different but I'm up for Japanese music too tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 30th June 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #97
Group icon

Oh I'm not going to lie, it couldn't be more different to Blood. Hopefully you'll still be a fan though~

I like to jump around styles a lot in BJSC - which surprisingly isn't intentional, it's just the way it's worked with sending songs I love.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 30th June 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #98
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

doing a booty ponponpon for seyetana this month

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 8th July 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #99
Group icon

Séyetana wins most charismatic country (.com)

Iinadukeblue, or イイナヅケブル in Japanese characters, by the awesome Japanese duo Charisma.com holds the honour of being Séyetana's 30th entry. That's right, we've been in this contest for 3 years. Maybe this'll be finally the win, maybe it won't (probs the latter, but hey, a rap song just won). But anyway, I hope you all like this because it's a fabulous addictive piece of asian goodness and it should be liked. Unless your name is Johnkm because there's no hope that this won't rank in your bottom 3.

In milestones: it's our first ever entry containing rap, our 4th foreign language entry and our 3rd entry from the Far East. None of our previous entries from the last two categories qualified so I'm hoping this breaks that duck for some true successful left-fieldness from us. Definitely one of those entries where I feel it could go just about anywhere so I know not what to expect.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 10th July 2014, 11:48 PM
Post #100
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

ALL KINDS OF AMAZING! wub.gif

+Quote this post