BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
95 Pages V  « < 87 88 89 90 91 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronavirus Part III, tokyo drift
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Harve
post 27th May 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #1761
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

I'm also watching the select committee and the Prime Minister of the UK has had to have the status of migrants: 'no recourse to public funds', a huge source of hardship, explained to him.

This post has been edited by Harve: 27th May 2020, 04:47 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 27th May 2020, 05:08 PM
Post #1762
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I’m afraid at this point, Rooney might be correct. It might no go away and they may get away with it until the next election. Is there nothing we can do?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 27th May 2020, 05:09 PM
Post #1763
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I think that meeting destroyed just about any last lingering beliefs that the Prime Minister is, behind closed doors, a competent hard worker.

Utterly clueless. And this with the best education money can buy, and as an adult, the resources of being a multimillionaire with access to any number of advisors and educators to fill in any gaps he might have.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 27th May 2020, 05:42 PM
Post #1764
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

I am glad that the last few weeks have shown Johnson to be such a lying useless charlatan, just makes me so sad that he's in such a position and there's f*** all anyone can do about it for years.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 27th May 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #1765
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 27 2020, 05:16 PM) *
I was willing to give him and the Government a bit of slack for their handling of the pandemic, but the past 3-4 days have reminded me exactly why I loathe him and the Brexit advisors which quite clearly run and govern the country. Johnson is just the front man.

I'm sure this story will get buried now, but Cummings is in the public eye more than ever and I'm not sure the Government can fully recover from this level of PR gaffe. It's the sheer ignorance to everybody that has lost their life and had personal sacrifices.

Other than brexit though would you say you agree with the tories?

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 27th May 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #1766
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 27 2020, 06:42 PM) *
I am glad that the last few weeks have shown Johnson to be such a lying useless charlatan, just makes me so sad that he's in such a position and there's f*** all anyone can do about it for years.

Exactly British democracy is terrible when you have a majority only way to get rid is losing his own support which won't happen unless something extraordinary Happens politically

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 27th May 2020, 07:04 PM
Post #1767
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Harve @ May 27 2020, 05:46 PM) *
I'm also watching the select committee and the Prime Minister of the UK has had to have the status of migrants: 'no recourse to public funds', a huge source of hardship, explained to him.

I don't expect the PM to know every dot and comma of government policy and every detail about how the benefits system works, but this is pretty basic stuff. Are we really expected to believe that, in his last five years as an MP, not a single constituent of his has come to him with a query along these lines?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th May 2020, 07:17 PM
Post #1768
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ May 27 2020, 06:09 PM) *
I think that meeting destroyed just about any last lingering beliefs that the Prime Minister is, behind closed doors, a competent hard worker.

Utterly clueless. And this with the best education money can buy, and as an adult, the resources of being a multimillionaire with access to any number of advisors and educators to fill in any gaps he might have.

Most of the tosspots ruining various countries are spoilt wealthy brats in power due to money and connections, and no idea about real life for most people. Having an obsessive need for power should be an instant cause for NOT voting for them. Those from more modest backgrounds can also go off into extremes based on bitterness and obsession, but it's so much harder to get a foot in the door of the old boys network, so there's less of them.

The UK: where any public schoolboy (or occasionally girl) can rise to become Prime Minister. The last one who wasn't was John Major?

The USA: where any multi-millionaire can rise to become President. Has there ever been one who wasn't (taking inflation into account)?

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 27th May 2020, 08:43 PM
Post #1769
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Emily Maitliss has been dropped from tonight's Newsnight and has to appear before BBC bosses after she tore in to Cummings last night and criticized Boris's "blind loyalty" Those are her opinions but as a presenter she must appear neutral.

The Sun says:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11718017/ ... rce=pushly

EMILY Maitlis has been replaced on this evening's Newsnight after breaching the BBC's impartiality guidelines.
The reporter's spot will tonight be filled by Katie Razzall after she tore into Dominic Cummings yesterday and stated as fact he had "broken the lockdown rules” .

The BBC was forced to apologise this afternoon after the reporter slammed the PM's top aide for driving 260 miles from London to County Durham with his family.

During last night's Newsnight Ms Maitlis also blasted Boris Johnson's "blind loyalty" after the PM backed his chief advisor over the row.

And today a statement from the broadcaster on Twitter said: "The BBC must uphold the highest standards of due impartiality in its news output.

"We've reviewed the entirety of last night's Newsnight, including the opening section, and while we believe the programme contained fair, reasonable and rigorous journalism, we feel that we should have done more to make clear the introduction was a summary of the questions we would examine, with all the accompanying evidence, in the rest of the programme.

"As it was, we believe the introduction we broadcast did not meet our standards of due impartiality.

"Our staff have been reminded of the guidelines."

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th May 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #1770
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Steve201 @ May 27 2020, 07:13 PM) *
Other than brexit though would you say you agree with the tories?

With these Tories in charge? No. I agree with some of their policies and I disagree with others. but in general the current Conservative Party is far, far too to the right for me to ever even consider voting for them. But that is the same with Labour too. I'm a swing voter, but generally more Centre-Right. The problem I have had for the past 4 years at least is both parties are too right/left of the spectrum. I like the current Labour set-up though.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 27th May 2020, 09:04 PM
Post #1771
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 27 2020, 08:17 PM) *
Most of the tosspots ruining various countries are spoilt wealthy brats in power due to money and connections, and no idea about real life for most people. Having an obsessive need for power should be an instant cause for NOT voting for them. Those from more modest backgrounds can also go off into extremes based on bitterness and obsession, but it's so much harder to get a foot in the door of the old boys network, so there's less of them.

The UK: where any public schoolboy (or occasionally girl) can rise to become Prime Minister. The last one who wasn't was John Major?

The USA: where any multi-millionaire can rise to become President. Has there ever been one who wasn't (taking inflation into account)?

I think Gordon Brown was state educated.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 27th May 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #1772
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Spectacularly wrong call from the BBC again.

It's hard for me to see what they've done to Emily Maitlis as anything other than a surefire sign we're heading towards a dictatorship. Pretty scary.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 27th May 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #1773
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Also, Boris is really infuriating me by saying we need to "move on" from Demonic Cummings.

No hun, we will not "move on" because the issue is not resolved.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 27th May 2020, 09:50 PM
Post #1774
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ May 27 2020, 10:46 PM) *
Also, Boris is really infuriating me by saying we need to "move on" from Demonic Cummings.

Roughly translated, "We need to move on" means "I've run out of excuses".

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th May 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #1775
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ May 27 2020, 10:46 PM) *

It's horrendous to see, there's not even a shred of remourse from anyone. It's utterly soul destroying. My only hope is something comes out of the police investigation or someone grumbles in the Cabinet.

Be interesting to see the polls going forward. I'd certainly state that they have lost a lot of goodwill with the public. There are rumours that a lot of Tory MPs privately disagree but they know nothing will change, but they are demanding that changes are made in the Cabinet, as it's plain and clear that the Cabinet are full of yes men and women and Cummings runs the show.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 27th May 2020, 10:33 PM
Post #1776
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

The BBC basically bowed down to Boris and Dominic over Emily Maitlis.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 28th May 2020, 09:27 AM
Post #1777
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Emily has said she asked for the night off, and her replacement said she would have refused to sit in had she been removed. perhaps she was pissed off at the telling-off. For the sake of stating the obvious here's a nice reminder about journalism:

Apocryphal quote about journalism:

“If someone says it’s raining & another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. Your job is to look out of the window and find out which is true.”

We all know what is true about Johnson and Cummings, they continue to deny it, Cummings has even rewritten his own blog to try and retrosepctively change facts. Suddenly that "announcement" coming before VE Day which encouraged everyone to do what they felt like doing all make sense: they were trying to rewrite history about their actual instructions to EVERYONE by being able to point the finger at everyone else flagrantly flouting the rules as a rsult of the "announcement" that never came in the way everyone was led to believe.

I call that flagrantly manipulating the media to their own personal advantage, and it's the job of journalists to point out the lies and hypocrisy.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 28th May 2020, 11:47 AM
Post #1778
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

From the FT - UK has worst excess death rate in the world per capita as a result of the pandemic:

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 28th May 2020, 11:54 AM
Post #1779
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Meanwhile our health secretary is giggling on live tv instead of properly answering questions.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 28th May 2020, 11:55 AM
Post #1780
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Oh dear.

+Quote this post

95 Pages V  « < 87 88 89 90 91 > »