BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Good Girls, Netflix
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post 24th August 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Has anyone seen the show Good Girls on Netflix? It was originally shown on NBC in the US earlier this year but has been uploaded to Netflix in the UK!

The show follows three mothers who are struggling to make ends meet and decide to steal $30,000 from the supermarket where one of them is works and the events that follow.

It's a good laugh - I'm only up to the fourth episode but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. All three of the main characters are hilarious and likeable (which I've struggled to find with a lot of programmes that I've watched this year). If I were to choose a favourite character, it would be Ruby (played by Retta, Donna in Parks & Rec). Christina Hendricks and Mae Whitman play the other two leads Beth and Annie, who are also sisters. I'm looking forward to seeing what else happens though (I did watch a bit of what I presume is the next episode with a friend a few months ago). It's only a 10 episode run but it's been renewed for a second season.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 24th August 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I watched this a few weeks ago, so good! Mae Whitman plays Ann from Arrested Development which was the main reason I started it, then I realised it had Retta and Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny and I stayed *.* Plus Shaggy from the live action Scooby Doo movies

A really funny show with an intriguing and cohesive story to it which don't often come together, my mums watched it all too and she enjoyed it. When I first started I thought the whole series would be only about the supermarket heist but after the first episode it's more about how each of them deal with what they've done and change as people

+Quote this post
p a v
post 24th August 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Dexton @ Aug 24 2018, 04:34 PM) *
I watched this a few weeks ago, so good! Mae Whitman plays Ann from Arrested Development which was the main reason I started it, then I realised it had Retta and Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny and I stayed *.* Plus Shaggy from the live action Scooby Doo movies

A really funny show with an intriguing and cohesive story to it which don't often come together, my mums watched it all too and she enjoyed it. When I first started I thought the whole series would be only about the supermarket heist but after the first episode it's more about how each of them deal with what they've done and change as people

good girls: the prequel

+Quote this post
Silas
post 27th August 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

This show is sooooo good! I wanted to watch it because of Retta, Chritsina and Mae because i've loved them all in other things. They are a great cast and i can't wait for the second season to start

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 2nd April 2021, 03:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I just started binge watching this and OMG I am loving it!!!

Already finished 1st and 2nd season but god knows how much I needed a show like this wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:40 PM