BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'The Walking Dead' | Season 7, Right around the corner!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Kath
post 31st October 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(Severin @ Oct 31 2016, 07:38 PM) *
And finally The Walking Dead gives us a character who appears (for now at least) not to be a nihilistic, violence prone, insular, broken, miserable, murderous psychopath.

Can Negan not just Lucille all of Rick's lot, so we can stay with these guys more?

It's the first real glimmer of hope the show has given us since Hershel's farm. It won't last, because Walking Dead - but can we enjoy it for a bit?

I'm rather enjoying this light-hearted episode! What's with the pigs though?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post 31st October 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

QUOTE(Kath @ Oct 31 2016, 08:20 PM) *
I'm rather enjoying this light-hearted episode! What's with the pigs though?

I'm guessing it's a bit of not wanting to waste their own food to fatten them up and a bit of a f**k you to the saviours

+Quote this post
Kath
post 31st October 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Severin @ Oct 31 2016, 08:31 PM) *
I'm guessing it's a bit of not wanting to waste their own food to fatten them up and a bit of a f**k you to the saviours
I don't think I understand the whole 'animals eating walkers' bit then. I think I was reading more into it.

Either way - that episode was much needed after last week. I loved Ezekiel's back-story.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 31st October 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Kath @ Oct 31 2016, 08:50 PM) *
I don't think I understand the whole 'animals eating walkers' bit then. I think I was reading more into it.

Either way - that episode was much needed after last week. I loved Ezekiel's back-story.

Pigs will eat pretty much any meat except fish, including rotten meat. They're pure scavengers so their behaviour in the show was normal.

The show has never depicted any animal being affected by the 'zombie plague/virus/whatever' so it probably wouldn't make any difference to them

+Quote this post
Kath
post 31st October 2016, 10:06 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Severin @ Oct 31 2016, 09:55 PM) *
Pigs will eat pretty much any meat except fish, including rotten meat. They're pure scavengers so their behaviour in the show was normal.

The show has never depicted any animal being affected by the 'zombie plague/virus/whatever' so it probably wouldn't make any difference to them

What about the people who eat the pigs though? Wouldn't they at least have an upset tummy?

+Quote this post
Severin
post 1st November 2016, 12:38 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Kath @ Oct 31 2016, 10:06 PM) *
What about the people who eat the pigs though? Wouldn't they at least have an upset tummy?

Who knows?

There's only so far you can go with science in a show about zombies but a properly through cooked meat will have all bacteria/viruses killed

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 7th November 2016, 12:44 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Enjoyed episode 2! It was wonderfully bonkers and Khary Payton just lit up the screen wub.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post 9th November 2016, 02:12 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Mansonette

My favourite response to episode 3

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 16th November 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

The box sets are off sky plus 😞 And I was just in the middle of series 3!

+Quote this post
Kath
post 23rd November 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Well the last episode was great! 95% filler. I wish I could stop watching things out of habit.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd November 2016, 01:21 AM
Post #51
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Better than the unnecessary 90 minute episode of little happenings at Alexandria last week, I felt ever so slightly more engaged in what's going on at Hilltop, and a break from Negan, who as good as he is, seems to only have one 'schtick', his henchman-in-charge-of-Hilltop seems similarly menacing but more jovial, I liked him, basically. And there's an advancement of the plot in place that may be suicidally stupid, but it's more pro-active than 'make me bullets'.

BUT... it is meandering a lot with each entire episode only focused on one character group when they have so many in different places, which is killing the momentum, I mean just look at how dead this topic has been, only 'Easy Street' was any real talking point at all and that was mostly in the iTunes thread.

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 24th November 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Yeah that would be my one gripe with it, episodes shouldn't have to focus solely on one group. That said at least it's going into detail. It just feels like it's slowly building up towards something and hopefully that something will come soon and will pay off. Speculating long term perhaps they'll weaken the Saviours enough to break free of their exploitation and form some sort of alliance with Hilltop and King Ezekiel (then the Saviours would just become a long term enemy) but I can't see Negan going away fully for a long time, which makes it a forgone conclusion that Carl's going to fail in killing him so hopefully there'll be some other kind of actual result from his little 'trip'.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th November 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #53
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really enjoyed the latest episode! Nice to see Tara get some actual air time and I'm LOVING seeing more of Rosita this season! She's fast becoming a fave and I hope she gets to properly kick ass soon (against something that isn't a walker!) Love that there's somewhere secret (at least for now) that isn't a bad place! Fully expecting to find a couple of those women scurry to Alexandria though in future episodes due to Saviours managing to find it and ransack it.

This series has been a lot more subdued and slower than recent series, but I'm quite liking it, although I'm bored of separate stories constantly. Just have a huge group of them together for a few episodes and try and work things out!

+Quote this post
Kath
post 28th November 2016, 10:52 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I've tried, I've really tried. I've watched every episode since series one - but it just gets worse. I think its time to give up (for me anyway).

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 28th November 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Pretty much enjoyed that episode, you do need a light episode now and than. I can see Cindy joining the main group at some point, when the rest of the girl community get mauled I suppose.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 6th December 2016, 11:49 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Well I enjoyed Sunday night's episode. Good to see Negan back ... but boy oh boy - the wasted chances to off him (glad they didn't though).

I'm really starting to like Father Gabriel.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 7th December 2016, 12:38 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

I'm finding Negan a bit TOO funny laugh.gif

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 7th December 2016, 12:41 AM
Post #58
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I'm enjoying this less and less each week. I find Negan very one dimensional.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 7th December 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #59
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I'm finding it really difficult to like this series as much, I feel there are too many characters and the story feels so spread out. Morgan/Carol have been in what 1 eoisode out of 7? Ridiculous. The only good thing about this series so far is Negan.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 7th December 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #60
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

It's spreading out way too much, at least they're trying to counteract that with the latest episode which had a ton of plots in it, but that was still reliant on it being a long episode. I don't know why it's taking so much longer for them to cover all their characters this season and still feel like not much gets done.

Also I really question why we need three non-Alexandria potential allies against the Saviours. The Hilltop will be necessary, and I can see the use of the Kingdom as a potential future haven, but with those there then what does Tara's secret community add to the story at all besides give a place for her character to be for... one whole episode? It needs to focus a bit more.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:36 PM