BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Melanie C on Dancing with the Stars, Season 30
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
dancinqueen
post 5th September 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 5 2021, 02:54 PM) *
Wish she would actually realise that she could take up an excellent opportunity too: new Spice music and release that, tour it, etc. Alas.......

She’s not the only one against. Cough Victoria, cough Geri. 😘
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dromeda
post 5th September 2021, 03:55 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 94,913

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 5 2021, 02:54 PM) *
Wish she would actually realise that she could take up an excellent opportunity too: new Spice music and release that, tour it, etc. Alas.......

Speaking like that, it seems that she is the person responsible for not having new music. When in fact there are four more involved and one of them admittedly doesn't want to do anything.
Certainly this participation on Dancing with Stars is to help to promote her solo career, not promote a group that doesn't care about nothing.

She is absolutely correct in putting her solo career first! When it comes to Spice Girls, there is nothing reliable and concrete. There's no reason to strive for a group when... there isn't even a group. But yes, go ahead and blame it on her...again dance.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 5th September 2021, 04:17 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Yes huns, she is *also* to blame.

Im not saying she is the only one, but certainly the question of new music between the 4 of them is something that seems like Mel C is the main stumbling block as the others have said they would be up for it (and have even tried before without Mel) and she is the one who is openly more reticent about it.

At best she suggested that the girls could do a one-off for the bond soundtrack. That's it. It's boring to me.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 5th September 2021, 04:48 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I agree that the timing of her doing this feels Spice Girls related somehow. Either she was offered it because of insiders knowing she and the girls will be announcing dates over there before long or she is there to get the girls back in people's minds.

She's definitely basically known as a spice girl in the US so she would have been booked on that basis.

I'm not massively convinced it will give her solo career much of a boost over there bar getting her bookings as a celebrity. The US market is absolutely streaming dominated and it's not like the UK where she's built herself as a solo artist for 20 years now playing festivals, tours, TV promo appearances. Saying that it absolutely won't do her any harm either.

This post has been edited by sammy01: 5th September 2021, 04:49 PM

+Quote this post
dromeda
post 5th September 2021, 05:41 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 94,913

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Sep 5 2021, 04:48 PM) *
I agree that the timing of her doing this feels Spice Girls related somehow. Either she was offered it because of insiders knowing she and the girls will be announcing dates over there before long or she is there to get the girls back in people's minds.

She's definitely basically known as a spice girl in the US so she would have been booked on that basis.

I'm not massively convinced it will give her solo career much of a boost over there bar getting her bookings as a celebrity. The US market is absolutely streaming dominated and it's not like the UK where she's built herself as a solo artist for 20 years now playing festivals, tours, TV promo appearances. Saying that it absolutely won't do her any harm either.

Pretty this!

With the last album she opened some doors and found a new path for her solo career. Of course, the next step will be to establish a base there. We all know how the music industry works in USA and I believe she is open-minded about all the things that can come up. Especially now that she seems to have found the right music style and has been making good music. I'm glad she's moving this way. (Like I said before, theres no reasons on focusing and making efforts in a group that doesn't take anything seriously - It's perfectly understandable that she's not interested in working on new project with the Girls, even though she's stated that she's up for touring and keep the legacy alive).

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th September 2021, 06:07 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Use the exposure to launch a greatest hits, if she does the show plus something with the spice girls I dont see any better time.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 5th September 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(dromeda @ Sep 5 2021, 03:55 PM) *
Speaking like that, it seems that she is the person responsible for not having new music. When in fact there are four more involved and one of them admittedly doesn't want to do anything.
Certainly this participation on Dancing with Stars is to help to promote her solo career, not promote a group that doesn't care about nothing.

She is absolutely correct in putting her solo career first! When it comes to Spice Girls, there is nothing reliable and concrete. There's no reason to strive for a group when... there isn't even a group. But yes, go ahead and blame it on her...again dance.gif

I agree with you. Although Sammy made a point. In the States, she’s Sporty Spice, so there’s probably something Spice-related on the horizon (I know, puns as easy with Melanie’s music 😂).

Job opportunities for her (she can sing, dance, act, and she’s got a new found confidence).

I agree that - even if she was at time the stumbling block - now she doesn’t want to commit to something where the other girls would be lazy AF (I can also see Mel B and Emma putting some efforts musically, but we all know that Mel B, my favorite, can be a pain in the *** to work with).

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 5th September 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Sep 5 2021, 07:07 PM) *
Use the exposure to launch a greatest hits, if she does the show plus something with the spice girls I dont see any better time.

I definitely feel it's time for a Greatest Hits, with the multiple format craze and her NS singles getting better streaming numbers than her later work she could potentially have an album to linger in the charts for a few weeks after its 1st week peak. If she could get WYG included or rework it with another male popstar for it that would help streaming too.

It would be nice to see a 7-29-45-71-98-132-160-199 type chart run .

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 5th September 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Sep 5 2021, 05:48 PM) *

Wow Sammy I agree... with... every... word! ohmy.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 5th September 2021, 07:50 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Sep 5 2021, 07:07 PM) *

YESSSS w00t.gif dance.gif yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 5th September 2021, 07:56 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Sep 5 2021, 07:38 PM) *
I definitely feel it's time for a Greatest Hits, with the multiple format craze and her NS singles getting better streaming numbers than her later work she could potentially have an album to linger in the charts for a few weeks after its 1st week peak. If she could get WYG included or rework it with another male popstar for it that would help streaming too.

It would be nice to see a 7-29-45-71-98-132-160-199 type chart run .

I mean a 1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-2-2-2-1-3-1-1-1-5-3-2-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-4-2-1-1-3-1-2-1..... run would be much nicer, but yours seems more realistic laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th September 2021, 10:11 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Sep 5 2021, 08:56 PM) *
I mean a 1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-2-2-2-1-3-1-1-1-5-3-2-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-4-2-1-1-3-1-2-1..... run would be much nicer, but yours seems more realistic laugh.gif

I would love that chart run aswell.

+Quote this post
Piers
post 6th September 2021, 01:17 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

In her clues, the US football is throwing me off a bit. But maybe that's as simple as someone on the show asking..."Mel, what emojis should we use for you?" "A football!" And then they just posted that.

But if it IS her for Dancing With The Stars, I actually really like this idea. It's rather unusual how this worked out. In the UK, the music sales/chart success for the girls would arguably go Mel C - Geri - Emma - Mel B - Victoria (I realize you could argue the placing of those last two). Meanwhile, the US profile/level of fame would actually go the polar opposite. Victoria - Mel B - Emma - Geri - Mel C. Mel C's presence in the US has largely been nonexistent...with the reception to Northern Star being especially tragic. That album boasted an amazing roster of producers and an appearance by Left Eye (who was on fire that year). Mel herself had even been part of a huge tour just the year before. And the album still couldn't crack the top 200 in its debut week. Oof.

So. Yeah. I'm all for her getting people here talking about her again. No, she won't set the US charts on fire or whatever. But this is still a hit show...even after this many seasons. And if it can grow her small US following just a bit, then cool. I'm just glad the US exposure isn't from a judging gig. I much rather the girls be actively competing in something.

This post has been edited by Piers: 6th September 2021, 01:19 AM

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 6th September 2021, 09:36 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Piers @ Sep 6 2021, 01:17 AM) *
In her clues, the US football is throwing me off a bit. But maybe that's as simple as someone on the show asking..."Mel, what emojis should we use for you?" "A football!" And then they just posted that.

But if it IS her for Dancing With The Stars, I actually really like this idea. It's rather unusual how this worked out. In the UK, the music sales/chart success for the girls would arguably go Mel C - Geri - Emma - Mel B - Victoria (I realize you could argue the placing of those last two). Meanwhile, the US profile/level of fame would actually go the polar opposite. Victoria - Mel B - Emma - Geri - Mel C. Mel C's presence in the US has largely been nonexistent...with the reception to Northern Star being especially tragic. That album boasted an amazing roster of producers and an appearance by Left Eye (who was on fire that year). Mel herself had even been part of a huge tour just the year before. And the album still couldn't crack the top 200 in its debut week. Oof.

So. Yeah. I'm all for her getting people here talking about her again. No, she won't set the US charts on fire or whatever. But this is still a hit show...even after this many seasons. And if it can grow her small US following just a bit, then cool. I'm just glad the US exposure isn't from a judging gig. I much rather the girls be actively competing in something.

True that. C’mon Sporty, show ‘em how we do in Europe!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th September 2021, 02:48 AM
Post #35
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Sporty has been spotted!

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 8th September 2021, 05:33 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

I am very surprised she is actually doing this; especially the US version! Thought she would do the UK version instead. But good for her, it obviously is a nice paycheck for her (wouldn't surprise me if she used this money to fund the next record) and could bring her some extra attention. With this being on in the US and The Voice Kids coming up in the UK, it's a good strategy for her.

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 8th September 2021, 11:52 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

I read She performed also Touch me. Great exposure.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 8th September 2021, 01:05 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Babyboy @ Sep 8 2021, 11:52 AM) *
I read She performed also Touch me. Great exposure.

Whaaaaaat? Really?

+Quote this post
tommie
post 8th September 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

I guess it's as official as it can be:

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 8th September 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Sep 5 2021, 02:19 PM) *
I think maybe once the show get's started we can try it in it's own topic. Jay will enjoy moving all the conversation over laugh.gif

cool.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 04:07 PM