BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> WhoOdyssey's Chart (June 22, 2018), Kygo & Imagine Dragons go straight to #1
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post 25th June 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

(I know this is slightly late, but I've been at the IOW Festival all weekend!)

Hello all!

This week's #1 is Born to Be Yours, a collaboration between Kygo & Imagine Dragons, which has gone straight to the top. Last week's #1, Give Yourself a Try by The 1975, only falls 1 place to #2. Arctic Monkeys' Four Out of Five and Years & Years' If You're Over Me become the first songs to re-enter the top 10 on my chart, after coming back to my interest after AM's Live at the BBC special and the hype of Years & Years' second album Palo Santo. Another song which makes its first appearance in my chart in the top 10 is indie band Bad Sounds, with Evil Powers, it is their first song ever to be playlisted by BBC Radio 1. Another new entry to the top 10 is OneRepublic ft. Logic, with Start Again, which finally reaches the top 10 after 4 previous weeks in the chart. The other three new entries to my top 10 are Catfish and the Bottlemen's 2014 indie banger Kathleen and new music from Martin Garrix ft. Khalid and Sigma. Paul McCartney's first new single in 5 years, Come On to Me, debuts at #28, expect that to rise! An unlikely entry to my chart this week is rapper Juice WRLD's song Lucid Dreams, I'm not usually into this genre of rap (or much rap in general), but this song has really interested me and I'm really enjoying it.

Next week, expect to see new entries from Panic! at the Disco's new album Pray for the Wicked and as I've been at the Isle of Wight Festival, some entries from some of the artists I saw (especially Blossoms, Tom Grennan,b Kasabian, The Killers and Manic Street Preachers).

See you next week!

ne.gif 1. Kygo & Imagine Dragons - Born to Be Yours (1)
arrow down.gif 2. The 1975 - Give Yourself a Try (1-1-2)
arrow up.gif 3. Arctic Monkeys - Four Out of Five (1-1-3-12-7-3)
ne.gif 4. Bad Sounds - Evil Powers (4)
arrow up.gif 5. Maroon 5 - This Love (6-5)
arrow up.gif 6. OneRepublic ft. Logic - Start Again (29-38-16-14-6)
re.gif 7. Years & Years - If You’re Over Me (10-7-23-xx-7)
arrow up.gif 8. Catfish and the Bottlemen - Kathleen (31-8)
ne.gif 9. Martin Garrix ft. Khalid - Ocean (9)
ne.gif 10. Sigma - Anywhere (10)
arrow down.gif 11. Declan McKenna - Brazil (6-3-11)
ne.gif 12. David Guetta & Showtek - Your Love (12)
ne.gif 13. The 1975 - A Change of Heart (13)
arrow up.gif 14. Dream Wife - Fire (20-x-14-15-14)
arrow down.gif 15. I Don’t Know How But They Found Me - Choke (5-15)
arrow up.gif 16. The 1975 - Chocolate (3-5-15-27-30-17-16)
arrow up.gif 17. All Time Low - Everything is Fine (24-17)
arrow down.gif 18. You Me at Six - Fast Forward (12-18)
ne.gif 19. AJR ft. Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (19)
arrow down.gif 20. The 1975 - Sex (34-2-4-20)
ne.gif 21. Panic! at the Disco - King of the Clouds (21)
arrow down.gif 22. Friendly Fires - Love Like Waves (36-28-2-22)
arrow up.gif 23. Weezer - Africa (40-30-23)
arrow down.gif 24. Thirty Seconds to Mars - Rescue Me (24-x-13-24)
arrow down.gif 25. OneRepublic & Seeb - Rich Love (20-25)
arrow up.gif 26. Don Broco - Greatness (37-26)
arrow down.gif 27. Hollywood Undead - Gotta Let Go (10-27)
ne.gif 28. Paul McCartney - Come On To Me (28)
ne.gif 29. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (29)
arrow down.gif 30. Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B - Girls Like You (7-8-30)
arrow down.gif 31. Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds - Holy Mountain (11-19-31)
arrow up.gif 32. The 1975 - Love Me (2-7-10-11-19-39-32)
arrow up.gif 33. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood (17-40-33)
arrow up.gif 34. Maroon 5 - Animals (35-34)
ne.gif 35. Deco - Chances (35)
arrow down.gif 36. Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum (12-x-30-24-32-36)
arrow down.gif 37. Panic! at the Disco - High Hopes (26-13-32-37)
arrow down.gif 38. Paul McCartney - New (23-38)
arrow down.gif 39. Kasabian - You’re in Love With a Psycho (36-39)
arrow down.gif 40. Thirty Seconds to Mars - Closer to the Edge (26-33-40)

Out this week

Sundara Karma - Explore (3-9)
Everything Everything - Kemosabe (27-11)
Manic Street Preachers - International Blue (38-5-1-9-16)
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Everyone Acts Crazy Nowadays (18-18)
Daughty - Deep End (21)
Maroon 5 ft. SZA - What Lovers Do (22)
Sheppard - Edge of the Night (8-25)
Everything Everything - Breadwinner (37-26)
Tom Walker - Leave a Light On (25-27)
The Killers - Run for Cover (5-28)
George Ezra - Shotgun (29-34-23-21-10-29)
Gorillaz ft. George Benson - Humility (4-34)
Wolf Alice - Space & Time (13-38)

This post has been edited by WhoOdyssey: 25th June 2018, 05:10 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th June 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hey there WhoOdyssey hi.gif

Ooh The 1975 knocked off the top ;o I need to check out 'Born To Be Yours' and also this new The 1975 song that is charting for you, after how good 'Give Yourself A Try' was! As for the new entries, my favourites are definitely 'Ocean' and 'Lucid Dreams', the latter in particular is really creeping up on me. Sample usage can be hit or miss but the 'Shape Of My Heart' sample is interwoven perfectly so I majorly approve.

Great stuff happy.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 25th June 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hello WhoOdyssey!
Great top 10!
And a lot of debuts that I like, aside from the top 10 debuts, I also like "Your Love" and "A Change Of Heart"!
Great chart as always!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 27th June 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Hi!

Kygo entering at #1 ohmy.gif I don't know whether it will enter my chart yet, the drop is good but not sure if it will grow on me sad.gif

Nice to see Ocean enter, I like Khalid's vocals on it but the drop is a bit generic so I'm not sure what to think of it really

Sober Up entering as well - I heard one of the radio stations call it a 'new single' a couple of weeks back - I had it in my charts last summer so not exactly new laugh.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 27th June 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

Hey Who 😃

I’m loving that the old school Maroon 5 track This Love is charting, it is such a bop!

I’m enjoying Start Again from OneRepublic too!

I’m enjoying the new entries from Paul McCartney and David Guetta/Showtek bounce.gif

Nice to see you are an AJR fan too cheer.gif

Great chart this week 👍

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 28th June 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 25 2018, 06:46 PM) *
Hey there WhoOdyssey hi.gif

Ooh The 1975 knocked off the top ;o I need to check out 'Born To Be Yours' and also this new The 1975 song that is charting for you, after how good 'Give Yourself A Try' was! As for the new entries, my favourites are definitely 'Ocean' and 'Lucid Dreams', the latter in particular is really creeping up on me. Sample usage can be hit or miss but the 'Shape Of My Heart' sample is interwoven perfectly so I majorly approve.

Great stuff happy.gif

Hello Jade! hi.gif

'Born to Be Yours' surprised me a lot; I love Imagine Dragons, but I'm not always too big on Kygo (he's very hit or miss for me), but this song is really good and one of my favourite recent singles from ID. You should definitely check out 'A Change of Heart' by The 1975! It's from their second album, and although I don't usually like their slower songs, this one really stood out for me. Especially the instrumental section. I originally didn't like 'Ocean', I thought it was a bit boring for Martin Garrix, but over a few listens it really grew on me, especially the electric guitar note in the drop. tongue.gif

I agree with the Shape of My Heart sample being interwoven perfectly. Though he's not the type of artist I would expect a Sting sample from!

Thanks for commenting!

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Jun 25 2018, 09:55 PM) *
Hello WhoOdyssey!
Great top 10!
And a lot of debuts that I like, aside from the top 10 debuts, I also like "Your Love" and "A Change Of Heart"!
Great chart as always!

Hey Serge!

'Your Love' is a banger! David Guetta has put out some great singles this year (especially 'Mad Love' and 'Like I Do'!). 'A Change of Heart' is definitely a really quite emotional song from The 1975, and it's generally just a fantastic song.

Thanks for commenting!

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jun 27 2018, 12:51 PM) *
Hi!

Kygo entering at #1 ohmy.gif I don't know whether it will enter my chart yet, the drop is good but not sure if it will grow on me sad.gif

Nice to see Ocean enter, I like Khalid's vocals on it but the drop is a bit generic so I'm not sure what to think of it really

Sober Up entering as well - I heard one of the radio stations call it a 'new single' a couple of weeks back - I had it in my charts last summer so not exactly new laugh.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

Hey Pete!

Honestly, I think part of the reason Kygo/ID went to #1 on my chart is just the hype for new ID, but as well as that it's fantastic (and it wouldn't have gone straight to #1 had it not been).

I actually quite like how subtle the drop for 'Ocean' is, though it's definitely not what I expected from Garrix and I would have preferred something a bit more uptempo.

'Sober Up' is fantastic! I think it's my favourite AJR song so far, and Rivers' voice added to it really brings the song together.

Thanks for commenting!

QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 27 2018, 10:56 PM) *
Hey Who 😃

I’m loving that the old school Maroon 5 track This Love is charting, it is such a bop!

I’m enjoying Start Again from OneRepublic too!

I’m enjoying the new entries from Paul McCartney and David Guetta/Showtek bounce.gif

Nice to see you are an AJR fan too cheer.gif

Great chart this week 👍

Hello Tombo!

I agree, 'This Love' is an absolute tune! Honestly, despite their shift in genre, I really like new and old Maroon 5. Though, I do think outside of the singles, Red Blue Pills is easily their weakest album. I really hope they can come back with a solid album next time!

I wasn't sure what to make of a OR and Logic collab, but their styles fit together really well, and I like the 'dystopian' sound which goes along with the music video.

'Come On to Me' is an interesting one for me, as I am slightly disappointed by it. I think it's because 'New' was such a fantastic lead single from an equally fantastic album, but this new one (or 'I Don't Know') aren't having the same impact on me. I still quite like it, but I really hope the next singles are better.

I love AJR! They're really underrated, I hope they can have at least one big hit in their carreer, which I think is entirely possible, 'Weak' wasn't far off!

Thanks for commenting!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 29th June 2018, 09:17 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Hi WhoOdyssey!

Nice to see BTBY at number 1 cheer.gif really don’t understand the mixed reception it’s getting here, Cus it’s great!
Ocean has grown on me TONS this week, I kinda dismissed it at first Cus of the drop, but it’s actually a really nice little tune
New Sigma is quite a good banger too! But I can’t see it making my chart anytime soon
Really can’t stand the Guetta/Showtek tho whoops kink.gif wHY they feel the need to put these basic annoying Future house drops over everything rn annoys me to hell, the classic Showtek big room drop would have been PERFECT on this smh

Great Chart!

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 29th June 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Jun 29 2018, 10:17 AM) *
Hi WhoOdyssey!

Nice to see BTBY at number 1 cheer.gif really don’t understand the mixed reception it’s getting here, Cus it’s great!
Ocean has grown on me TONS this week, I kinda dismissed it at first Cus of the drop, but it’s actually a really nice little tune
New Sigma is quite a good banger too! But I can’t see it making my chart anytime soon
Really can’t stand the Guetta/Showtek tho whoops kink.gif wHY they feel the need to put these basic annoying Future house drops over everything rn annoys me to hell, the classic Showtek big room drop would have been PERFECT on this smh

Great Chart!

Hey BridgeCow!

I agree about BTBY, I'm loving it! It works perfectly as both a Kygo and ID song.

Ocean also grew on me as well, but in the last week I feel I have grown tired of it already, which isn't a good sign.

The new Sigma, whilst not as good as Nobody to Love, it's certainly much better than Forever which they released last year.

Guetta/Showtek surprised me, I quite like future house. tongue.gif

Thanks for commenting!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 11:01 AM