BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have Your Say!, We want to hear your suggestions and comments!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Apr 15 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Hi all!

We've all decided that we need a thread which will house suggestions we've had once we've discussed them in the mod Lounge, so that you guys can see what we have in mind! If you want to discuss these with us, then please feel free as we are open to your suggestions as well as our own.

Thanks,
Liam, Ryan and Umi.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Apr 18 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #2
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

Ooh, I like the idea of having the single number in it! Think it'd look neater in the subtitle though, looks a bit wordy and not quite as neat as part of the main topic title.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 18 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #3
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Pixie Lott - I Like Your Smile (1st Single)

The (1st Single) part shall be going in the topic description! Edit It. I will edit you from buzzjack.

+Quote Post
Grief
post Apr 18 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #4
Guests

So, you're saying that:

Little Boots | Nocturnes {2nd Album}
Pixie Lott | I Like Your Smile {1st Single}

That's not allowed? REALLY?

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 18 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #5
🙄

I MISS SABRINA.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 18 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #6
All I See br29
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Grief @ Apr 18 2013, 06:57 PM) *
So, you're saying that:

Little Boots | Nocturnes {2nd Album}
Pixie Lott | I Like Your Smile {1st Single}

That's not allowed? REALLY?

Precisely. It's just neater this way.

QUOTE(Robot @ Apr 18 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Ooh, I like the idea of having the single number in it! Think it'd look neater in the subtitle though, looks a bit wordy and not quite as neat as part of the main topic title.

We considered standardising subtitles but in the end decided we should give people *some* freedom tongue.gif

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Apr 18 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Umi @ Apr 18 2013, 06:59 PM) *
We considered standardising subtitles but in the end decided we should give people *some* freedom tongue.gif

Oh, so we can put '1st single' in the subtitle rather than in the main topic title then? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 18 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #8
🙄

!!!!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 18 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #9
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

The OCD in me is loving this new rule (should be implemented EVERYWHERE) magic.gif

Hmmm. I would have said the (1st Single) should be in the subtitle too to clean it up a bit, but i guess this way leaves it open for people to have what they want in there...

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 18 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #10
All I See br29
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Robot @ Apr 18 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Oh, so we can put '1st single' in the subtitle rather than in the main topic title then? biggrin.gif

Putting the single/album part in the subtitle may look neater but the topic title would in that case still be best as "[ARTIST] - [TITLE]" so it really comes down to whether or not people want to be able to put whatever they want in subtitles. I don't really mind either way, but I like the occasional witty subtitle!

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 18 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #11
🙄

QUOTE(Umi @ Apr 18 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Putting the single/album part in the subtitle may look neater but the topic title would still probably be best as "[ARTIST] - [TITLE]" so it really comes down to whether or not people want to be able to put whatever they want in subtitles. I don't really mind either way, but I like the occasional witty subtitle!

Thank you. Ryan said we were not allowed, if so he would edit it.

Brb, editing Ryan from Buzzjack.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 18 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #12
All I See br29
   No Gallery Pics

Oh no, I mean I don't mind what decision we come to on this. As of right now the rule stays and titles will be edited tongue.gif If people want both titles and subtitles standardised then I'm more than fine with that, personally.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Apr 18 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Umi @ Apr 18 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Putting the single/album part in the subtitle may look neater but the topic title would in that case still be best as "[ARTIST] - [TITLE]" so it really comes down to whether or not people want to be able to put whatever they want in subtitles. I don't really mind either way, but I like the occasional witty subtitle!

Fair enough - I don't really make many topics anyway, just thought it'd probably look a tiny bit neater with a less clunky title - but if you just want the 'single number' anywhere, then that's not really a worry.

+Quote Post
Grief
post Apr 18 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #14
Guests

So, you want a forum with the same topic title layout for every single topic? Do you realise how BLAND that sounds?

And you won't let Jake's topics that have "strange grammar speak" (?!?!) in them get posted in the way that he wants them to get posted in?

I'm not quite sure why you've come up with this decision. The reason why I like scanning the genre forums is because I like the diversity of the topics, and that includes thread titles. You're losing a user if you do this.

I don't mind putting the information in the topic title, but what if I prefer | instead of -? | looks nicer and is different to what everyone else decides to do. Newsflash, you ACTUALLY can't tell people what symbols to use, that's not allowing freedom of posting and seems restricted as well.

I don't actually usually get involved in forum affairs. It's the moderators' decision after all. But this is an utterly RIDICULOUS way to "improve" the Pop forum in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Grief: Apr 18 2013, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 18 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #15
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

We're hardly rounding up anyone who steps a single foot out of line with an 'illegal' symbol for execution laugh.gif It'sjust a polite suggestion, it might seem stupid and minor to you but it will look much neater.

+Quote Post
Grief
post Apr 18 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #16
Guests

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 18 2013, 07:35 PM) *
We're hardly rounding up anyone who steps a single foot out of line with an 'illegal' symbol for execution laugh.gif It'sjust a polite suggestion, it might seem stupid and minor to you but it will look much neater.

OK, fair enough. But the moderators are going into every thread and changing the thread title. Unless they're just changing the information in it, which is perfectly fine.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Apr 18 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #17
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I don't think there's any problem with this at all! Will make the section look a whole lot neater. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JosephCoyle: Apr 18 2013, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 18 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

We welcome the feedback and if the general feeling is that the single/album information should be moved to the subtitle area, then we will definitely consider that. As always, change is going to have positives and negatives and will suit some people and not others but we feel that this change will be for the better for the majority. If you look in the Eurovision forum for example, you can see that the majority of the 2013 country threads are standardised and it looks very neat and offers the important information without having to enter the thread. It is this type of thing we are aiming to achieve!

+Quote Post
Grief
post Apr 18 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #19
Guests

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Apr 18 2013, 07:59 PM) *
We welcome the feedback and if the general feeling is that the single/album information should be moved to the subtitle area, then we will definitely consider that. As always, change is going to have positives and negatives and will suit some people and not others but we feel that this change will be for the better for the majority. If you look in the Eurovision forum for example, you can see that the majority of the 2013 country threads are standardised and it looks very neat and offers the important information without having to enter the thread. It is this type of thing we are aiming to achieve!

I can respect that. I do think that the forum will look much less appalling to post in, but we'll see how it works out anyway.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 18 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Grief @ Apr 18 2013, 08:00 PM) *
I can respect that. I do think that the forum will look much less appalling to post in, but we'll see how it works out anyway.

Thanks for understanding! Bear in mind that at the moment this will not apply to all threads, for example the Ultimate Rate threads will not fall under this standardisation for the time being. Therefore this will continue to offer a bit of diversity as you mentioned earlier while making the majority of threads much neater and informative at first glance. Of course, if it turns out this doesn't work out then we can always remove this rule, but for now its a good thing to see how it works out like you say! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM