BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Girls Aloud: The Girls Aloud Show, Tour | May & June 2024 | Tickets on sale now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 7th December 2023, 08:53 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

30 dates, phenomenal!!! I'm so pleased for them!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
inyourroom
post 11th December 2023, 12:26 PM
Post #122
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,272

5th London show announced: Thursday 27th June 2024

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th December 2023, 03:55 PM
Post #123
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

5 O2 dates is amazing wub.gif

That Newcastle date that popped up never went on sale... maybe it was a mistake for it to appear, but I wonder if it'll be announced soon?

+Quote this post
post 11th December 2023, 04:10 PM
Post #124
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(inyourroom @ Dec 11 2023, 12:26 PM) *
5th London show announced: Thursday 27th June 2024

There's still so many seats in the upper tiers for the last London date, so I can see this one struggling a bit unless they have more promo during the year.

+Quote this post
kimberley88
post 13th December 2023, 07:41 PM
Post #125
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,194

I am surprised they didn't do a second cardiff date, they are doing 3 in Birmingham and yet none have sold out. I am glad i am not from Wales.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd December 2023, 04:15 AM
Post #126
Group icon

I hope Girls Aloud don't go completely quiet until May. The fifth London date isn't selling amazingly well so far, so there may need to be a bit of promo over the next few months?

Anyway, they look stunning (of course!) in this Instagram post:

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 23rd December 2023, 02:53 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Loads more were made available for the Manchester date I’m going to earlier this week. Ticket promoters are the worst, the seats were well better than mine. They shouldn’t allow you into accepting worse seats by making you think it’s a sell out

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 28th December 2023, 11:53 AM
Post #128
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Whenever I listen or watch GA, I ALWAYS forget Sarah's gone. But now, with the new photos of the four piece, I remwmber every time I see the four of them sad.gif It doesn't look like GA much without Sarah

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th March 2024, 06:39 PM
Post #129
Group icon

According to Kimberley a "tour shoot" has been happening today - maybe the photoshoot for the tour programme? Exciting!

Edit: According to Nadine it was visuals for the screens!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 22nd March 2024, 02:39 PM
Post #130
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Been confirmed today that Xenomania alumni (and amazing artist in her own right) Florrie, who drummed on "The Promise" and co-wrote "Something New", will be supporting the girls at the five O2 dates of the tour! So buzzing for this and also so weird because I was literally just listening to some of her old EPs last night. She has a new album on the way herself in June:

Also confirmed that Mr Theo - who DJ'ed at the Primrose Ball for Sarah - will be DJ'ing as opening at all shows:

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 14th April 2024, 11:45 AM
Post #131
Group icon

A new Nicola interview! https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/mus...roberts-9208804

There's some aspects to this that may or may not seem spoiler-y so I've put them in tags just in case you really want to go into the show blind!

Nicola Roberts has been making sure fellow band mates Kimberley Walsh, Nadine Coyle and Cheryl Tweedy are up to scratch. I have made everybody a playlist. A few weeks ago on the group chat I was like 'Girls, I have written out all of the lyrics. I've put everyone's name next to all of our parts - here you go for your own brains to refresh.' And I have made a Spotify playlist for everybody with the setlist and they were like 'thank you so much because I can't remember.'

I got in front of the mirror and was trying to remember Sound of the Underground. Now you'd think 22 years of this song that it would be imprinted in my brain - but it was not and I freaked out so I said to the creative director 'I'm just letting you know I have been YouTubing the routines.'

She was like 'don't be daft they'll come right back after an hour.' People forget ten years is a big gap. A LOT of life has happened in between that space. I didn't know if I was ever going to be doing this routine again. I might have thrown that information out.

Nicola's previously chirpy voice, starts to quiver as she talks about her band mate. It's going to be incredibly emotional. We're going to be going into rehearsals and Sarah's not there so the energy will be missed.

We haven't yet stood in front of a mirror with a microphone as a four, so that's also going to be something we have to experience and process. I guess Sarah's energy on stage was just so unique and unpredictable and sparky that we are definitely going to miss that and it's going to be quite something for the fans to experience as well.

The fans who have been to every single one of our shows and have known us for the past 22 years as a five, they are going to have to experience the show and experience us in a different way as well. It's going to be a lot for everyone to process.

It's about getting through it together and honouring the feelings we have individually. I'm sure some days some of us will be ok and other days when some of us won't be ok and I just think us and the fans are all in the same boat and obviously Sarah's family, who coming to watch the show as well. It's something we're going to have to support each other in.

We have got so many amazing moments that both celebrate Sarah's fun side but also remember Sarah at the same time. The moments are really beautiful. I think she will be looking down and will be really proud of how she looks up there.

In the run-up to the tour being announced, there was much anxiety. The feelings are contradictory. Because it's something we grew up doing through our teenage and adult years it feels like it's second nature and you're just going back into something you're meant to do. But then at the same time because there's been such a big gap and so much life in between when we last did it to now, and obviously there are some huge differences now for the group.

I don't know what we expected. The promoter was very confident, our agent was confident, our management was confident but when it's you that people are coming to see, there is a whole different level of anxiety there. I remember them saying we're going to put the first 15 dates on and thinking Jesus Christ what if they don't sell? What if people have moved on, what if people are not interested? It's been a long time since we did it before - there's a lot changed.

But pre-sale, management said they couldn't keep up with the demand and then the text messages were coming in that we needed to add this date and this date. By the end of the day we'd added so many more dates so I think for us it was a huge sigh of relief. We felt the fans were still there, they were still invested and they wanted to come and see and support.

Nicola admits to feeling sick in the pit of her stomach at one point when the reality of going back on stage hit her. You are taken up with costumes, the music, the logistics that you don't put yourself into the situation and it was the first time I did it and I was holy s**t, this is actually happening.

Once we know everything is done, all the tech is great, the costumes fit, the changes work, the music sounds good we will be in a space where we can get excited to go but at the moment it's getting everything sorted.

The setlist will revolve around 30 songs, with some on rotation. Her favourite is one she wrote called On the Metro. We've only performed it once on the last tour so I feel like it's very much a fresh song and the fans love it. I've been getting loads of messages saying please do On the Metro.

I love Untouchable, I love The Promise, I Love Call the Shots but we've done them for so many years now. It's still fresh enough for me to say I'm excited to do On the Metro.

Nicola's not giving anything away about what fans can expect other than to say it's the biggest set they've ever had. Just looking at the visuals of what we've got planned is so exciting. The music is still the same and still just as colourful and characterful as what it was before.

If you've been to a Girls Aloud concert before you'll know we love throwing in different tricks. We've never been a band who just stands on a stage and sings. There will definitely be elements where we will be on the stage at one point, we might be in the air for another point, or somewhere else. It keeps it exciting for us and the fans. You want people to go in and have an experience and we have always prized ourselves on our shows that the fans get that so we have made sure that is very much the case again.

I can't give away how many costume changes there are but the costumes are spectacular. I feel like this time around when we were figuring out the creative for the poster and artwork, a lot of our references were pulled from Diana Ross and Cher so it was like how do we find inspiration from these iconic female performers that have lasted the test of time?

The costumes are like showgirl in the sense we have pulled from Diana Ross, from Cher, so you are going to get the sparkle, the feather, the jewel, all of that stuff. We wanted people to come and be like this is like the most glamorous party night out and I think in my head, it's been achieved. Let's see.

Asked about any pre-show superstitions or rituals, Nicola says: I have one of those voices that has to be warm to be able to work. I trained from 11 and that's how I've been trained. Some of the other girls will not necessarily warm up because they want to save their voice whereas for me it's the complete opposite.

I have to work my voice to the bone in order for it to be at full capacity. As long as I get my time in my dressing room with my ear pods screaming away to Beyoncé and Adele that's all I need. It's not pretty, let me tell you. It sounds like a screaming cat but it's the only thing that works.

And at the end of a performance, how does she wind down? It's a task. A hot bath, chamomile tea, meditation, reading a good book.

When we were really young, if we had a show then a day off we'd go out but these days the thought of having even one drop of alcohol is just an absolute no-go. I'm not a big drinker anyway. You've got to make sure your eyes are nice and shiny every night. People have paid a lot of money to come and see your show. The worst thing is if someone is not at full steam.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/mus...roberts-9208804

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 14th April 2024, 12:58 PM
Post #132
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

So exciting, I love the reference they have gone for, having seen both in concert in Vegas, and can definitely see it on the tour poster! Seems like it will be a little more grown up but just as glitzy and fun.

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 14th April 2024, 12:58 PM

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 14th April 2024, 02:41 PM
Post #133
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

It’s sounding amazing, and the amount of tracks they are said to be doing! Wow looks like it’s gonna be a 2 hour plus show, can’t wait !

+Quote this post
Rough_edges
post 15th April 2024, 10:15 AM
Post #134
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 147,987

Hey going to see them, only know the singles. What other songs would you recommend listening to that might be played?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th April 2024, 10:35 AM
Post #135
Group icon

QUOTE(Rough_edges @ Apr 15 2024, 11:15 AM) *
Hey going to see them, only know the singles. What other songs would you recommend listening to that might be played?

I would recommend any of these! I don’t think everything here would pop up in a set list… but they’re some of the fan favourites and they seem quite switched on recently about what the fans like.

Some Kind of Miracle
Graffiti My Soul
Models
Close to Love
Girl Overboard
Miss You Bow Wow
On the Metro

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 15th April 2024, 07:03 PM
Post #136
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Lukuzz @ Apr 14 2024, 03:41 PM) *
It’s sounding amazing, and the amount of tracks they are said to be doing! Wow looks like it’s gonna be a 2 hour plus show, can’t wait !

I imagine it means songs will be cut up into medleys sadly rather than it being a 2 hour show. They have never done a show that long don't see why they would start now.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 16th April 2024, 08:27 AM
Post #137
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

Question for those who have bought tickets for the O2: are your tickets showing up on the 02 app yet?
I've bought mine on Ticketek at the time of initial release and it's a nightmare, I have nothing showing up on the 02 app but I don't know if that's normal yet or if I'm missing something. And Ticketek customer service is... non-existing. A nightmare!

+Quote this post
inyourroom
post 16th April 2024, 09:11 AM
Post #138
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,272

QUOTE(Hayzayy @ Apr 16 2024, 10:27 AM) *
Question for those who have bought tickets for the O2: are your tickets showing up on the 02 app yet?
I've bought mine on Ticketek at the time of initial release and it's a nightmare, I have nothing showing up on the 02 app but I don't know if that's normal yet or if I'm missing something. And Ticketek customer service is... non-existing. A nightmare!

I can see mine in the app, but they were bought through AXS.
I would recommend trying to sign out and then back in, when I pressed "Access your tickets", 2 options showed up (1 - purchased through O2/AXS, 2 - purchased through other services)

(Fun fact: my charity donations also show up in the upcoming list, with the date "WED 2040. NOV. 7. - 15:00")

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 16th April 2024, 10:10 AM
Post #139
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

QUOTE(inyourroom @ Apr 16 2024, 09:11 AM) *
I can see mine in the app, but they were bought through AXS.
I would recommend trying to sign out and then back in, when I pressed "Access your tickets", 2 options showed up (1 - purchased through O2/AXS, 2 - purchased through other services)

(Fun fact: my charity donations also show up in the upcoming list, with the date "WED 2040. NOV. 7. - 15:00")

Thanks! This is so stressful, Ticketek UK is so shit, I will never get a hold of my tickets cry.gif

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 16th April 2024, 02:26 PM
Post #140
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

I bought my ticket through The Ticket Factory, and mine will be in printed form.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:45 PM