BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sex Education, Netflix, Series 4 21/09/23
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brightest Blue
post 25th November 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Yaaassss
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 7th January 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

CANNOT WAIT

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 7th January 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I’m convinced that Asa is wearing contact lenses. His eyes aren’t usually THAT icy laugh.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 7th January 2020, 07:03 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I absolutely cannot wait for this! Just seeing the characters again in that trailer has put an instant grin on my face wub.gif

+Quote this post
Harve
post 17th January 2020, 07:23 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

I know actors are meant to, yanno, act, but I can't help be surprised when they come out with a different personality and aura in a different language.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 19th January 2020, 04:47 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

Really enjoyed S2, probabaly On par with the first season so it didn’t disappoint at all. The use of the minor characters and side storylines really is the highlight of the show
The only part I didn’t like was Eric’s storyline, feel like it could’ve been done and especially ended a lot better

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 19th January 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I really wish I hadn't spammed this in less than 12 hours, but there we go it just says a lot about how good this show is!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 19th January 2020, 05:08 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I tried with this last year but wasn't really fully engaged, maybe I need to give it another shot?

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 19th January 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

just watched s02e01 and didn't disappoint, Gillian Anderson as amazing as usual

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 20th January 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

trying to watch it at a slow pace, just watched episode 2 yesterday and it's amazing, hilarious
the music is also great, they randomly used Salt N Pepa- Push it, Air - Sexy Boy and finished with This is the Kit
3 completely different choices but all genious choices

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 20th January 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

trying to watch it at a slow pace, just watched episode 2 yesterday and it's amazing, hilarious
the music is also great, they randomly used Salt N Pepa- Push it, Air - Sexy Boy and finished with This is the Kit
3 completely different choices but all genious choices

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 20th January 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

Yeah I did try and pace myself watching this but I’m on the last episode already laugh.gif it’s been really good though definitely on par with the first series I just wish the series was longer than 8 episodes !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: 20th January 2020, 02:02 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 20th January 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #53
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Loved this!

I liked the storyline between Ruby and Ottis, was quite a nice storyline! I really wish the overall ending was better though but I’m guessing that it’s building towards S3

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 21st January 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Finished this earlier and I've got a lot of thoughts...

On the positive side, Jean was by far the best character and her storyline was probably the one I was most invested in. I loved the friendship she formed with Maureen and I still think her and Jakob are great together (the plot twist in the final episode is probs one of the only things that will make me want another season from it just to see how that turns out). I love Miss Sands as well but wish we saw more of her tbh. Aimee and Steve are probably the most underused characters but among the most likeable. I have to applaud them on the amount of LGBTQ+ representation they included this time around, we near enough had the full spectrum, I was particularly impressed with how they included an Asexual character as well! My fave moment of the season was all the girls coming together to help Aimee on the bus, genuinely heartwarming to see and that whole episode with them in detention was actually well done too, reminiscent of the #metoo movement etc.

HOWEVER, there's a lot I didn't like about this season unfortunately sad.gif the most prominent thing is how unlikable almost all of the characters had become? Idk if that's just me but I found Otis to be horrendously annoying, Maeve spent the whole season being moody af (but not in her original edgy way), Ola is just annoying as well, Eric wasn't too bad but Rahim deserved better than what he gave him and really should have been the one he picked. I appreciate that Adam is one of the characters that's having to do the most growing from season one but they really should have focussed on that in a way where he was doing it on his own, for himself and learning more about who he is. That would have been so much more interesting to watch instead of pushing this will they/won't they thing with Eric. I don't believe this whole you'll accept yourself when you can hold another man's hand in public shite they had going on. Even if they were gonna end up together, they should have had it happen further down the line when there's no doubt that Adam is right for Eric. Otis was actually right there, Adam was abusive to him for years and still has a lot of growing up to do whereas Rahim couldn't have been more lovely towards Eric, was proud to be with him and treated him right so I'm sad they didn't get the ending I wanted. Although I'm glad Adam started to recognise himself as bisexual and we didnt get the stereotypical "am I straight or am I gay?" Storyline although I think they could have handled it better. The same goes for Ola identifying as pansexual like the two of them formed a good friendship, that was the perfect opportunity to have those two characters explore exactly what those two terms meant to one another as a means of educating people watching who might not know the difference etc but no we got the standard "oh so you're into pots and pans and shit" joke. Idk I just think they missed a good opportunity there. I always thought Ola was openly pansexual though but this season framed it as a newly discovered thing? I could just be remembering wrongly though. Ola and Lily... I don't hate it but it seems random as f*** and there was no build to that pairing at all really? And the way Lily just shut down for a good few episodes was a bit shit like if you're gonna have a character do that and clearly show they're not okay with being queer then explore that and let us know why? Her just saying she only planned to be with smelly boys was a cop out tbh considering her character is all about being odd and unconventional. Just because we have the representation doesn't mean it's good!

Jackson was a fave of mine last season but again, another unlikeable one this time around. He just stormed about the place hurting himself and trying to emotionally hurt anyone else who tried to help him. I did like his friendship with Viv and I think it was a bold move for them to tackle self harm through this sort of storyline as it will show another side to it that's not just razor blades and obvious depression the way it's usually portrayed.

I was pissed off at the ending like I'm bored of this Otis and Maeve thing like how long are they gonna drag this out? I feel like Isaac shouldn't have been anything more than a friend to Maeve. She's going through shit with her mum, at school, with her friends it would have been nice just to see her form a good friendship with Isaac without knowing he has an ulterior motive. I guess they needed someone to keep her and Otis apart once Ola broke up with him but then that's the thing, they really didnt! Shoulda just let them get together in the last episode. What was the point in having Otis lose his virginity to Ruby, drunkenly when he couldn't even remember?! That just seemed random as hell.

But yea I feel like that season overall was a waste of time to watch and was really all over the place. they made the mistake of trying to accomplish too much plot wise rather than just focusing on the important things and giving us as much as the could within them, it's the characters they should have developed not 100 random insignificant plot lines laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th January 2020, 06:19 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm yet to see the finale as I'm watching that tonight but I agree about there being too much going on at times, like we still only have 8 episodes to get through everything but they're trying to fit in more representation via new characters as well as developing the characters/storylines/relationships from the first season, if there was maybe 10 or 12 I think it'd be less evident. I guess by just touching on issues, they're going for an angle of not making a big deal out of it, normalising things and showing that parts of your sexuality might be important but they don't have to define you. And yes, there's more representation than a hell of a lot of other shows, but it must be frustrating for asexual people for example to have that tease of representation, but not a lot coming of it.

I'm enjoying it just as much as season 1 so far though despite the issues! It's one of those shows that even with a few niggles, there's always so much more that keeps you invested. My highlight was the girls coming together too, that's a perfect example of how they should have tackled an issue because it was a bit more developed and had a moment to itself, it wasn't just something that was mentioned for a second, but it didn't end up as a consuming drama or take up a whole episode. It didn't take much, it didn't take long, but it was impactful and that's what tackling these issues should be like.

Season 3 needs a LOT more Ruby though, absolute queen. I like that she unravelled a bit with Otis and there's potential for her in S3 I think.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 10th February 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Season 3 confirmed yas

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 10th February 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Cqmerqn @ Feb 10 2020, 05:16 PM) *
Season 3 confirmed yas

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 10th February 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

More eps for S3 please

One of the rare occasions when I enjoyed a shows second season just as much (if not more) as S1!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th June 2021, 05:53 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Series 3 on September 17th!

+Quote this post