BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESULTS: Drag Race Season 10 // THE RATE
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ElectroBoy
post Sep 28 2018, 09:20 AM
Post #21
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Shame Dusty is so low.

Glad Blair is still in
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Sep 28 2018, 10:03 AM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Same. Was expecting her to be out by now but happy to see she's still in it. She was definitely my fav of the season, shame she was out so early.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 28 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #23
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

05 Blayerrr St. Clayerrrr 7.59

Highest score: 10 (Electroboy)
Lowest score: 4 (152Chris)

I do declare it a good thing that Blair managed to get top 5! Such a sweet person, with a really strong start on the show despite not really having one big standout moment, and that was maybe what made her peter out a bit and sadly go the first time she slipped up. Blair is one of those I *need* on a future All Stars, her looks were great if a bit basic at times but post season she's really come along, particularly with her BANGER Now Or Never and surprisingly strong album, she could do really well on it!

04 Miz Cracker 8.39

Highest score: 11 (Martyn, Joe)
Lowest score: 1 (Leonardo)

Bit of a leap up in averages for the top 4, but our perennially robbed queen gets her top 3 place snatched away from her. A huge fan favourite from the start, and a fairly big presence on the season with an Aquaria rivalry, many comedic performances and some very inventive and unique looks that screamed "her". There were a good few challenges where she was so close but no cigar so it was great to finally see her get her win in the makeover challenge! She seems to be coming up as the breakout star of this season, long may it continue.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 2 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #24
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Ok so who's won ohmy.gif

03 Monet X Change 8.53

Highest score: 11 (Cucumberella)
Lowest score: 7 (Theo, Doug)

The sponge KWEEN Monet just misses out on top 2, leaving Monique and Aquaria battling it out for the crown. Monet started off a little rough, with THAT sponge dress being a joke for other queens, and Monet lipsynced twice in a row, sending home Mayhem and Dusty with the latter being one of the best lipsync performances of all time *.* Monet then really hit her stride as the spark came out and had a brilliant 4 weeks including a hilarious Maya Angelou in Snatch Game (Rudemption for Chi Chi's abomination in AS3) and a fabulous turn as Variety Show Cher. She was also voted Miss Congeniality by the other queens which I was so happy to see, she was so supportive and kind, and if she couldn't get her challenge she deserved *something*!

02 Monique Heart 8.69

Highest score: 11 (blacksquare, Josh, Davidson, 152Chris)
Lowest score: 6 (Doug, Electroboy, Leonardo)

Just missing out (well not just, bit of a gap in average kink.gif) is our diamond in the rough! Monique never really had a moment apart from Bossy Rossy's brilliant skit with Blair as the "other woman" to Blair's cactus husband, but no matter what she did there was such a heart (pun only slightly intended x) and a spark to it and you knew she was a brilliant queen with so much potential. That lipsync and not knowing any words to Cut To The Feeling was unforgivable tho x

So the winner is.........

01 AQUARIA 9.47

Highest score: 11 (Electroboy, Liam, HarryEzra, Theo, Doug)
Lowest score: 7.5 (CardiiB, Lee_J11)

Of course it had to be Aquaria! For once the winner of the season is widely a fan fave, pretty much everyone seemed to love Aquaria and rightfully so. She had a real journey on the show, going from a bit stand offish and not really shining too much to totally coming into her own with a surprising knack for comedy to round out her incredible fashion sense. Aquaria had arguably one of the best eyes for fashion that has ever been seen on Drag Race, and having the chops to do well in comedy and acting challenges was a killer combo that was always going to be dangerous. Her Melania Trump was SPOT ON and surprisingly one of the absolute best Snatch Game performances ever *.*

So that's that, thanks all for taking part and sorry for the delay!!

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 3 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #25
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Incredible winner but a really random runner-up/top three! I never got the hype behind Monique and I think in retrospective rates, there's no way that she'll rank this highly amongst the season 10 queens.

Thanks for running this, Liam!

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Oct 3 2018, 11:16 AM
Post #26
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Theo. @ Oct 3 2018, 10:01 AM) *
Incredible winner but a really random runner-up/top three! I never got the hype behind Monique and I think in retrospective rates, there's no way that she'll rank this highly amongst the season 10 queens.

Thanks for running this, Liam!

For me, the season felt so lacklustre after Monique and Monet's eliminations. They just had *something* that made the season so watchable and enjoyable. Other queens might have performed better or served better looks, but their humour and soundbites were just as important to the season. It wasn't the same after.

They seem like queens who just need more time and resources to come into their own fully.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: Oct 3 2018, 11:16 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 PM