BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> FINAL: Least Favourite Harry Potter Movie, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
FINAL
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 40
Guests cannot vote 
*Tim
post Sep 7 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

At #3 we find Sirius Black aka The Prisoner of Azkaban

Summary: Contains spoilers, but y'know you shouldn't even be voting or be proud if you haven't seen them all
Harry Potter, now aged 13, has been spending another dissatisfying summer at Privet Drive. When Uncle Vernon's sister, Marge, insults Harry's parents, he becomes angry and accidentally causes her to inflate and float away. Harry flees with his luggage, fed up with his life with the Dursleys. The Knight Bus delivers Harry to the Leaky Cauldron, where he is forgiven by Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge for using magic outside of Hogwarts. After reuniting with his best friends Ron and Hermione, Harry learns that Sirius Black, a convicted supporter of the dark wizard Voldemort, who murdered Harry's parents, has escaped Azkaban prison, intending to kill Harry.

The trio are returning to Hogwarts for the school year on the Hogwarts Express when dementors suddenly board the train, searching for Sirius. One enters the trio's compartment, causing Harry to pass out. New Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Lupin repels the dementor with a Patronus Charm. At Hogwarts, headmaster Albus Dumbledore announces that dementors will be guarding the school while Sirius is at large. Hogwarts groundskeeper Hagrid is announced as the new Care of Magical Creatures teacher; his first class goes awry when Draco Malfoy deliberately provokes a hippogriff, Buckbeak, who attacks him. Draco's father Lucius Malfoy has Buckbeak sentenced to death.
The Fat Lady's portrait, which guards the Gryffindor quarters, is found ruined and empty. Terrified and hiding in another painting, the Fat Lady tells Dumbledore that Sirius Black has entered the castle. During a stormy Quidditch match, dementors attack Harry, causing him to fall off his broomstick, which is then destroyed by the Whomping Willow. Lupin privately teaches Harry to defend himself against dementors, using the Patronus Charm. At Hogsmeade, Harry is shocked to learn that not only had Sirius Black been his parents' best friend and betrayed them to Voldemort, but that Sirius is also his godfather.

After Harry, Ron and Hermione witness Buckbeak's execution, Ron's pet rat Scabbers escapes from his pocket. When Ron gives chase, a large dog appears and drags both Ron and Scabbers into a hole at the Whomping Willow's base, which is actually an underground passage to the Shrieking Shack. The trio discovers that the dog is actually Sirius, who is an Animagus. Lupin arrives and embraces Sirius as an old friend. He admits to being a werewolf, and explains that Sirius is innocent. Sirius was falsely accused of betraying the Potters' hiding location to Voldemort, and murdering their mutual friend Peter Pettigrew. It is revealed that Scabbers is actually Pettigrew, an Animagus who committed the crime for which Sirius was convicted. After forcing him back into a human, Lupin and Sirius prepare to kill him, but Harry convinces them to turn Pettigrew over to the dementors.

As the group departs, the full moon rises; Lupin transforms into a werewolf, and Sirius transforms into his dog form to fight him off. In the chaos, Pettigrew escapes in his rat form. Sirius and Harry are attacked by dementors and Harry sees a figure in the distance save them by casting a powerful Patronus spell. He believes the mysterious figure is his dead father, and passes out. He awakens to discover that Sirius has been captured and sentenced to the Dementor's Kiss. Acting on Dumbledore's advice, Harry and Hermione travel back in time with Hermione's Time Turner, and watch themselves repeat the night's events. They save Buckbeak from execution and witness the Dementors overpower Sirius and Harry. The present Harry realises that the one who cast the Patronus spell was not his father, but he himself, and does so. Harry and Hermione then rescue Sirius, who escapes on Buckbeak. Lupin resigns to preempt an uproar from parents over a werewolf teaching their children. Sirius sends Harry a Firebolt broom, the fastest broom in the world, and Harry happily takes it for a ride.

3rd: Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban 16 votes/48.48%
4th: Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire 12 votes/33.33%
5th: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part I 17 votes/41.66%
6th: Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets 15 votes/36.59%
7th: Harry Potter and The Philosopher Stone 10 votes/24.39% | 16 votes/59.26% in TIEBREAKER
8th: Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince 10 votes/27.03%

This post has been edited by J▲hq: Sep 8 2015, 06:54 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 7 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I solemnly swear that these results have gone to shit.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 7 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
I solemnly swear you need jesus in your life

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Sep 7 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
About bloody time that left!

Now Deathly Hallows to win

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 7 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Deathly Hallows Part 1 or two or both.....

Because 1 was awful.....

Order Of The Phoenix is the best out of the two of them wub.gif

+Quote this post
152chris
post Sep 7 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #6
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105
prisoner of askaban is by FAR the best film are u all ok

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 7 2015, 08:23 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
omgmessT it is Part 2!! I forgot! Someone edit it in for me!

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Sep 7 2015, 08:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
It's a no brainer that the final movie of the franchise, aka the best is going to win cool2.gif
Could have been a better runner up though but don't get me wrong it's still a fab movie heart.gif

This post has been edited by 100% ~spadam~ 😎: Sep 7 2015, 08:43 PM

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Sep 7 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Order of the Phoenix shouldn't be top 2 but Prisoner of Azkaban didn't deserve it either.

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post Sep 7 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #10
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969
This ranking is a shambles. Order to win!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Sep 7 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I voted for Deathly Hallows Part 2 by mistake thinking it was to win, could someone change my vote plz? magic.gif Not my favourite of the franchise, but a brilliant conclusion nonetheless.

Order of the Phoenix really shouldn't be this high, it's got nothing on Azkaban/Goblet (fairly decent finishing position for the former considering it was on it's way out earlier!)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 7 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
For me, it goes:

01. Prisoner Of Azkaban
02. Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
03. Goblet Of Fire
04. Deathly Hallows (Part 1)
05. Order Of the Phoenix
06. Half-Blood Prince
07. Chamber Of Secrets
08. Philosophers Stone

So yeah. Phoenix outstayed it's welcome in this survivor for me. So I'm voting it here, obviously. All 8 films are incredibly strong though wub.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Sep 7 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
Deathly Hallows Part 2 to win please! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Sep 8 2015, 06:55 AM
Post #14
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Sep 7 2015, 10:22 PM) *
I voted for Deathly Hallows Part 2 by mistake thinking it was to win, could someone change my vote plz? magic.gif Not my favourite of the franchise, but a brilliant conclusion nonetheless.

Done, not that it looks like it'll need it, Deathly Hallows Pt 2 such a slayer angel.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 8 2015, 07:03 AM
Post #15
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
goblet should've won

order to somehow manage a win here plz but it's not looking likely is it

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Sep 8 2015, 09:01 AM
Post #16
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Favourite out of the two has to be Deathly Hollows Pt II.

+Quote this post
Ninjabait
post Sep 8 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 22,088
Order of the Phoenix is my absolute favorite book/movie of the series, so I'm going to be casting my vote for Deathly Hallows Part 2.

+Quote this post
jark
post Sep 8 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #18
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Snap. Order of the Phoenix is exquisite, it's actually in another league from the others. It's not just a great Harry Potter film, it's a legit fantastic movie. The others are all good and mostly very good but Order has that something extra.

Although I'm not sure how Goblet of Fire made it fourth, the direction on that film is so awful it's borderline unwatchable. The way it's edited gives me a headache.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 13 2015, 10:35 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
One more day to get ur votes in!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:43 PM