BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2018: The Results, finished lol :(
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 02:01 AM
Post #21
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

and that's it for tonight and ready for y'all to catch up later!! hopefully aiming to get through quite a bit tomorrow as wanna get this done so I can start a throwback Oscars asap to tie-in with the new 2000's forum!

Avengers: Infinity War - 2 (Action, Visual Effects)
Crazy Rich Asians - 2 (Look & Style, BO Surprise)
A Star Is Born - 1 (Poster)
Black Panther - 1 (Hero)
Lady Bird - 1 (Character)
The Shape of Water - 1 (Drama)
Fifty Shades Freed - 1 (Worst Film)
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1 (BO Disaster)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:15 PM
Post #22
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE: FEMALE

01. Coco - Renee Victor (3,0)
02. The Incredibles 2 - Holly Hunter (2,3)
03. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Hailee Steinfeld (2,2)
04. Wreck It Ralph 2 - Sarah Silverman (2,1)
05. Wreck It Ralph 2 - Jodi Benson (0,1)
05. Wreck It Ralph 2 - Gal Gadot (0,1)

and the underdog pulls off the win here as Renee Victor is victorious for her role in Pixar's Coco! She just beats Holly Hunter and Hailee Steinfeld in an incredibly close top 4 that all could've changed by 1 vote. Hunter is my winner here probs but this is a line-up of very solid but none amazing voice performances imo! the WIR2 ladies complete the bottom 3, Sarah Silverman's puts up a good fight whilst Jodi's cameo in the disney princess scene and Gal's new character struggled to get any votes.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #23
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE: MALE

01. Coco - Gael Garcia Bernal (4,2)
02. The Incredibles 2 - Brad Bird (2,3)
03. Avengers: Infinity War - Bradley Cooper (2,0)
04. Wreck It Ralph 2 - John C. Reilly (1,3)
05. The Incredibles 2 - Craig T. Nelson (0,0)

and it's another win for Coco here as Gael Garcia Bernal pulls off a more comfortable victory in this category! His only significant challenger is The Incredibles director Brad Bird in his scene stealing role as Edna *.* Edna is the best and deserved to win, but also deserved more scenes in the incrdeebiels 2 x B-Coop also pulls off a couple of votes here in like his 18th nomination in a 2018 category. JCR also does quite well with 2nd preference votes for his lead turn in WIR2 but fails to put up a big fight. and Craig T. Nelson bombed, oops.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:20 PM
Post #24
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST ANIMATED FILM

01. Coco (4,2)
02. Spider-Man: Into The SpiderVerse (3,1)
03. The Incredibles 2 (1,2)
04. Wreck It Ralph 2 (1,1)
05. Isle of Dogs (0,2)

and Coco three-peats in a full sweep of the animated categories! I'm really surprised at that, I thought SpiderVerse or esp Incredibles 2 would've been able to win one thing, but alas not. Coco marginally beat Spider-Man in a tight two way-race, I lowkey feel this race would go the other way round if we re-did these now. The Incredibles 2 is a surprisingly distant 3rd, just beating out the disappointing WIR2 in 4th. and Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs takes 5th place, struggling to gain much traction here. I really like/love all of these films but again there's no masterpiece for me here

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

MOST ATTRACTIVE ACTRESS

01. Margot Robbie (4,2)
02. Lily James (2,2)
03. Emma Stone (1,2)
04. Scarlett Johnasson (1,1)
05. Emily Blunt (1,0)
05. Jennifer Lawrence (1,0)
07. Blake Lively (0,3)

and once again Margot Robbie wins this category <3 a queen *.* Lily James puts up a strong fight in 2nd and Emma/Scarlett will hope to go further next year after good finishes this year! Emily and regular category slayer J-Law also pick up votes, I'm surprised J-Law acc got nominated in 2018 considering the only thing she did was Red Sparrow. and Blake Lively got the most 2nd preference votes but alas no 1st preference votes so comes last.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:24 PM
Post #26
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

MOST ATTRACTIVE ACTOR

01. Timothee Chalamet (3,2)
02. Jamie Dornan (2,1)
03. Henry Golding (2,0)
04. Nick Robinson (1,2)
05. Zac Efron (1,1)
06. Chris Hemsworth (0,3)

eww.... I really don't get the Timothee attractive hype ahaha. Anyway screaming that I spoiled this win whilst revealing the 2019 nominations whoops. was he even in anything in 2018??? Jamie Dornan is hot but feels more like a 2015 result for him rather than 2018, I lowkey forget about him nowadays. Nick Robinson is okay and I'm surprised he didn't do better off the success of Love, Simon. and like J-Law, regular category slayer Zac Efron doesn't do as well in 2018 but damn he is still fit af <3 <3 and newcomer Henry Golding takes bronze place, and with him being the only returning nominee in 2019 hopefully he can win, he's so hot *.* and like Blake, Chris Hemsworth got the most 2nd preference votes but alas no 1st preference votes so comes last.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #27
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SCENE IN A MOVIE

01. A Star is Born - Shallow Performance (4,0)
02. Love Simon - Ferris Wheel Scene (2,3)
03. A Quiet Place - Bathtub Scene (1,2)
03. The Incredibles 2 - Jack Jack & Racoon Fight (1,2)

05. Avengers: Infinity War - War on Wakanda (1,1)
06. Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again - My Love, My Life (1,0)
07. Black Panther - Final Battle in Wakanda (0,2)

good. it could be nothing else as the winner here heart.gif heart.gif The shallow performance is such a massive MOMENT <3 <3 utter goosebumps everywhere and one of my fave movie moments of ALL TIME wub.gif wub.gif

Love Simon gave it a fight though and AQP + TIC2 also did pretty well here! the bathtub scene in AQP is sfg, so frightening but I think the nail is my fave scene in the film. again The Incredibles 2 scene is pretty fun but the Edna scene>>>

Finishing us off we have two battles in the avengers universe, one I have no recollection of and the other one little oops x not surprised they didn't do better here despite their popularity here aha. and as probs the biggest fan of Mamma Mia 2 on the site, that scene is not a movie highlight, at all x I'm acc shocked it even got one vote.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #28
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

in the next editions of conversations with myself we will have:
Batch 1 - Best Song, Best Soundtrack, Best Score, Best Script, Best Adaptation
Batch 2 - PotY, Ensemble, Newcomer, Director
Batch 3 - Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Actress, Actor, Female

were nearly there!

A Quiet Place - 2 (Horror, Sci-Fi/Thriller)
A Star Is Born - 2 (Poster, Scene)
Black Panther - 1 (Hero)
The Shape of Water - 1 (Drama)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 31st May 2020, 11:08 AM
Post #29
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

War On Wakanda was ROBBED.

Apart from the Coco Voice performances, I'm not too surprised by any of the winners. What's criminal though, is Boreditary being so popular. VOM.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 31st May 2020, 06:38 PM
Post #30
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

ty Jonjo heart.gif heart.gif

the hereditary shade tho cry.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 31st May 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #31
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST ADAPTATION OF A SOURCE MATERIAL

01. Love, Simon (3,4)
02. BlacKkKlansman (3,1)
03. A Star Is Born (2,1)
04. Avengers: Infinity War (2,0)
05. Crazy Rich Asians (0,4)

A Star is Born deserved better than 3rd x Love, Simon picks up another win here unsurprisingly, however what is surprising is how close it is and how BlacKkKlansman really gave its a run for its money. That really would've been a left field and totally shocking winner and I would've been so here for that! Infinity War also does pretty well but fails to crack the top 3, it did better than its successor tho x and CRA fails to pick up top votes to make an impact here

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 31st May 2020, 06:44 PM
Post #32
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SCRIPT

01. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (4,3)
02. Lady Bird (3,0)
03. I, Tonya (2,2)
04. A Quiet Place (1,2)
05. A Star Is Born (0,3)

f*** knows what I voted for here if it wasn't A Star Is Born aha laugh.gif
In the battle of the 4 Oscar contenders and the acclaimed horror, Three Billboards comes out on top with a pretty good vote count. It feels like a pretty typical winner in the script category at these awards aha. Lady Bird does very well as well and I, Tonya over performs. I adore AQP and ASIB but both have stronger aspects than their script imo, as they round off the category but still gained some votes!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 31st May 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #33
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SCORE

01. The Shape of Water (5,1)
02. Hereditary (2,0)
03. Mary Poppins Returns (1,4)
04. Annihilation (1,2)
05. First Man (0,2)

this feels like a weird bunch of nominees here. Anyway we have another Oscar winner repeating as best pic winner The Shape of Water trounces on the competition here for one of the biggest wins yet. Hereditary does really well here, ngl I can't really remember its score. Mary Poppins takes 3rd place and a lot of 2nd preference votes for its fab score. the feels forgotten Annihilation also picks up a couple of votes whilst space flick First Man completes the category in last place. some inspired noms here but 2019 is def stronger!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 31st May 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #34
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SOUNDTRACK

01. A Star Is Born (5,3)
02. Love, Simon (2,0)
03. Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (1,3)
04. Black Panther (1,2)
05. Suspiria (1,1)
06. Mary Poppins Returns (0,1)

shocker x
A Star Is Born well deserving slaying here with its smash of the soundtrack by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper <3 the soundtrack is full of so many gems from the 3 singles, to hidden gems of ballads and pop bops. My fave Gaga album and have so much time for it so I'm glad it comfortably walked this <3 Love, Simon does well yet again, from what I remember from the soundtrack I wasn't too massive on most of it. Mamma Mia 2 had a fab soundtrack but obvs the 1st one was better. Black Panther & MPR had some bops and Suspiria had a soundtrack?? I'm shocked Suspiria didn't come last but MPR does feel a bit forgotten aha. MM2/BP do solidly in mid-table

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 1st June 2020, 12:03 AM
Post #35
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SONG

01. A Star Is Born: Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (9,1)
02. Coco: Remember Me (1,1)
03. A Star Is Born: Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way (0,3)
03. A Star Is Born: Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - I'll Never Love Again (0,3)

05. Black Panther: Kendrick Lamar & SZA - All The Stars (0,2)

lol. x

Unsurprisingly in the biggest sweep of the night, #1 worldwide hit, streams smash, Oscar, Grammy winner, most awarded song of all time Shallow WALKS this with 9 out of 10 first placement votes, a slayage cheer.gif cheer.gif One of the best movie songs ever and the song is such a perfect and pivotal moment in the film, a classic forever and the oh's part remains iconic as ever going to the smash of the final chorus. And the Oscar performance heart.gif I could talk about this song forever so lemme stop now *.* Unfortunately one heathen decide to ruin Shallow's full sweep by voting for the cute but forgettable Remember Me from Pixar's Coco, another official Oscar winner in the category for best original song! Gaga ties for bronze as the gorgeous Always Remember Us This Way and heartbreaking I'll Never Love Again failed to gain any 1st placement votes cos all the Gaga/ASIB fans voted Shallow but split the 2nd preference leftover votes! both fab classics <3 and All The Stars finishes off the ranking, a bop and another real life Oscar nominee *.*

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 1st June 2020, 12:05 AM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

in the next editions of conversations with myself & Jonjo we will have:
Batch 1 - PotY, Ensemble, Newcomer, Director
Batch 2 - Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Actress, Actor, Picture

were nearly there!

Coco - 3 (Animation, Male Voice Performance, Female Voice Performance)
A Quiet Place - 2 (Horror, Sci-Fi/Thriller)
The Shape of Water - 2 (Score, Drama)
Black Panther - 1 (Hero)
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 1 (Script)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd June 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #37
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

01. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Frances McDormand (3,1)
02. I, Tonya - Allison Janney (3,0)
03. Hereditary - Toni Collette (2,1)
04. The Shape Of Water - Sally Hawkins (1,2)
05. A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga (1,1)
06. A Star Is Born - Bradley Cooper (0,4)
07. Darkest Hour - Gary Oldman (0,0)

I hate this category nowadays, anyway in the penultimate year of this category the girls slay and 3 Billboards picks up another win for Frances *.* will she be able to pull off best actress later? Non Best Actor nominee Gary Oldman flopped, haha.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd June 2020, 03:11 PM
Post #38
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST ENSEMBLE

01. Avengers: Infinity War (3,1)
01. Love, Simon (3,1)

03. Crazy Rich Asians (2,3)
04. Black Panther (1,3)
05. Mary Poppins Returns (1,1)
06. A Star Is Born (0,1)

and we have a joint winner now! as BuzzJack's faves Avengers for its massive ensemble and Love Simon's ensemble pull off a joint win in a v. tight race! Crazy Rich Asians comes v. close in 3rd and just need one more first preference vote to win! CRA is my fave here, such a fab cast of breakout actors and legends who work perfectly together <3 Black Panther also does well here as its does the reverse of the other Marvel film in contention & Mary Poppins Returns lowkey underperforms aha. ASIB deserved better but I'm not surprised it flopped in this category

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd June 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST NEWCOMER

01. Awkwafina - Crazy Rich Asians & Oceans' 8 (2,2)
01. Letita Wright - Black Panther (2,2)

03. Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born (2,0)
03. John David Washington - BlacKkKlansman (2,0)

05. Yalitza Aparicio - Roma (1,3)
06. Keiynan Lonsdale - Love, Simon (1,1)
07. Henry Golding - A Simple Favor & Crazy Rich Asians (0,2)

and look at this, we've got 2 joint winners in a row!!!! Letitia Wright had a fab breakthrough year between Black Panther + Black Mirror and I love her and Awkwafina's scene-stealing breakthrough in Crazy Rich Asians (& whatever she rly did in Oceans' 8) gets her a well deserved win here <3 <3 The latter was probs helped with how much this was delayed with extra buzz for the farewell x a random newcomer that no one's ever heard of called Lady Gaga nearly won though xxxx Her fellow real-life best actress nominee Yalitza Aparicio comes 5th here and also picks up a substantial amount of votes. John David Washington ties Gaga in 3rd for his turn in the critically acclaimed BlacKkKlansman and is set to break out big time with Tenet this year. Love, Simon underperforms ohmy.gif Keiynan Lonsdale hasn't rly done much since LS afaik. and Henry Golding deserved better, y'all robbed my king sad.gif((( he's effortlessly charming in CRA and ASF and he was such a fab breakthrough in 2018 <3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd June 2020, 03:22 PM
Post #40
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST DIRECTOR

01. Roma - Alfonso Cuaron (3,0)
02. The Shape of Water - Guillermo Del Toro (2,2)
03. A Star Is Born - Bradley Cooper (2,1)
04. Avengers: Infinity War - Anthony & Joe Russo (2,0)
05. A Quiet Place - John Krasinski (1,2)
06. Lady Bird - Greta Gerwig (0,4)
07. BlacKkKlansman - Spike Lee (0,1)

such a good category *.*
In traditional buzzjack tradition, the best director winner is for a film not nominated in best picture here. Acc ASIB, AIW & AQP are the only BP noms here! Alfonso Cuaron repeats his real life Oscar win in this category for his fabulous direction of Roma, I'm shocked he pulled off the win here as Roma never seemed too massive on here! Going by our usual trend, I would've predicted another real life winner Del Toro for the win but he runs a close 2nd here. ASIB continues to do solidly but not pick up too many wins as B-Coop does well enough for 3rd place, such a fantastic directorial debut <3 In 4th place is the Russo brothers, can they do better this year? John Krasinski broke out as a director with the fabulous A Quiet Place and also gets a top 5 finish <3 Greta Gerwig receives a lot of support for Lady Bird but the lack of 1st preference votes sees her in 6th with Oscar nominee Spike Lee rounding off the category. I'm glad everyone at least got a vote, such a good category <3

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:15 AM