BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
29 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jade's favourite top 40 hits of each year ● 1997 onwards, 2005: 40-21 posted
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Aug 29 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #161
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
QUOTE(coi @ Aug 26 2019, 03:56 PM) *
At least the World Cup last year showed really encouraging signs for England, the future does at least look promising that the team will make it further in the tournament next time. Euro 2020 will be an interesting one to watch as an indication of how the next World Cup might go for us since all four semi-finalists in 2018 were European.

Most of the artists in The Collective were fairly big names in 2011! It surprises me how low that peaked really, maybe it's because the public knew it wasn't that good!

No Matter What kept Mysterious Times off the top spot as well! ohmy.gif It was at a concert for their 20th anniversary tour six years ago, not one I volunteered to go to and not the best concert I've ever been to either! laugh.gif Wasn't too bad though.

And yay for us having the same favourite song for Madonna and Spice Girls!

I still have the lists for my favourite top 40 hits in the years since 2000 and I'll refer to those when you eventually get that far in this thread but for now I did put together my ten favourites from 1998 at least, it would look like this:

1. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar '98
2. Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
3. Radiohead - No Surprises
4. Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (which I noticed appeared in your chart earlier as well!)
5. Manic Street Preachers - The Everlasting
6. Spice Girls - Viva Forever
7. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get
8. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
9. Baddiel, Skinner & The Lightning Seeds - Three Lions '98
10. Massive Attack - Teardrop

It's Like That and Millennium (and of course Frozen) are other faves from your chart that wouldn't have been far off my top ten as well.

- This is true! Us advancing so far was such a surreal moment but also a promising one. Fingers crossed, I look forward to the Euros next year! Plus the Olympics ohmy.gif a good year for televised sport for sure.
- I've just looked up the list of artists on The Collective as I could only remember Tulisa and Ed Sheeran off the top of my head, but yeah you're right, that list is VERY 2011 but in a good way at the time. These poor brave charity songs like that and SuBo/Geraldine McQueen - 'I Know Him So Well' flopping that year! But yeah neither were vintage charity songs at all (sorry Geraldine) so I'm not exactly sad about the floppage kink.gif
- Oh blimey, 'No Matter What' was such a juggernaut ohmy.gif poor 'Mysterious Times', that would've been such a great first #1 for Sash! and ahhh I see kink.gif well at least it wasn't too bad then haha!
- Hooray, I approve of our tastes matching there *.* also thanks for sharing your own list! 'My Heart Will Go On' wouldn't have been too far off mine.

QUOTE(Bré @ Aug 26 2019, 03:59 PM) *
They thought it would never happen ohmy.gif x (oh my at Stardust being finally added to Spotify just in time for you to add it to your playlist from this thread, that explains the delay tbh xx)

That's a really flawless top 4 there, all absolute classics! The top 3 in particular would probably all be very near the top of my list of fave hits of 1998 if I were to put one together as well, 'Frozen' quite possibly at #1 I think heart.gif 'Three Lions' is a classic as well ofc especially after last year but hard disagree on the '98 version being better, I'm far too used to the original version that that one just sounds wrong to my ears oops (but then I guess you weren't able to include the original in one of these countdowns anyway so yay for the re-release allowing it to be mentioned at all magic.gif)

Some very interesting Madonna fun facts there - I can kind of picture Madonna singing 'Teardrop' actually. And oh MY at the impact of 'Come To Daddy' x

I know right *_* whoops, I can only hope that 1999 gets completed quicker! Trying to at least stick to a goal of one section a week, that should be manageable enough I think. Oh yes that Stardust timing was just perfect! Now for 'Perfect Day' and 'Chocolate Salty Balls' to miraculously get added please kink.gif xx why yes, that was the real reason ohmy.gif

Aw yay I'm glad that you approve of my top 4/especially top 3! heart.gif 'Frozen' would be an excellent choice of #1. I really need to get 'Ray Of Light' on vinyl and force you to listen to it with me one day as it really is such a high quality album on the whole. Fair enough at you preferring the original 'Three Lions', it is great in any form tbh. Like you, I was exposed to the version I prefer a lot more than the original, this is because in year... 5 I'd like to say? at school, we had a "going for goals" themed assembly featuring the likes of Shayne Ward - 'That's My Goal', Spandau Ballet - 'Gold' and of course... 'Three Lions '98'! I heard it over and over again during the rehearsals for that and it always stuck with me. Anyway yes, the original pre-dates my birth a bit so hooray for '98 allowing it to be here in some capacity.

Haha I'm glad you enjoyed the Madonna facts *.* I could too, especially with what she was releasing herself at the time. IKR?! I couldn't believe it when I read that! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Polly Planturret @ Aug 26 2019, 04:06 PM) *
musicnote.gifI just wanna go back!
Back to 1999! musicnote.gif
Predicting Red Alert, You Don't Know Me, My Name Is, Scar Tissue, Cassius 1999 and a Moby song for that countdown.

Omg... so much this! Had enough of adulting, back to being 1 with these great tunes please x
Some interesting predictions there ohmy.gif I'm going to try and put the list together tonight so... coming soon!

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 26 2019, 04:55 PM) *
Fantastic top 5 for 1998, I think all of those would be quite high in my own list as well. I learned that Madonna fact about Teardrop from my 1001 song bucket list book recently! I'm quite glad she wasn't the vocalist, the vocals we do have on it are so heavenly. Got a lot of love for Music Sounds Better With You too, YES at that finally being on Spotify *. I think I do prefer the original Three Lions lyrically, but I do think the 1998 one has better production behind it.

My top 10 of 1998 I think would be:

01. Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This, Your Children Will Be Next
02. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
03. Massive Attack - Teardrop
04. Spice Girls - Viva Forever
05. The Lighthouse Family - High
06. Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
07. Sham Rock - Tell Me Ma
08. Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
09. Radiohead - No Surprises
10. B*Witched - C'est la Vie (ph34r.gif)

The Manics seem the one big omission between out lists here, you heard that one? ;o

Why thank you Chez, it's cool that these songs at the very top are appealing to a wide range of people here! Oh yes I remember you telling me about that bucket list on plug once, I followed the Spotify playlist and still need to get round to it eventually kink.gif cool that it's full of fun facts anyway! Yeah, I could picture Madonna on it but the original is just so perfect that I wouldn't want it to be touched. Omg I cannot tell you how happy I am about Stardust being on Spotify!! So many scrobbles on my last.fm of a fake by 'Lushlife' on there which was the actual song but uploaded by a randomer laugh.gif Ah okay, I definitely agree about the production being stronger!

Thank you for sharing your list! Living for 'C'est la Vie' being there laugh.gif when I saw Spice Girls a few months ago at Wembley, they played lots of songs before they arrived on stage to warm the crowd up and that got the best reaction for sure! Also, I do like the Manics song but it's never fully clicked with me enough to properly love it sad.gif I feel like that and 'The Drugs Don't Work' for 1997 are the biggest omissions so far based on what my taste is usually like, but yeah I definitely like them both. I can definitely promise that 'Your Love Alone Is Not Enough' will make an appearance for them to make up for it kink.gif also multiple people have mentioned that Radiohead song now and I don't know it so I'll have to check that out ASAP!!

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Aug 26 2019, 06:19 PM) *
Viva Forever is certainly the best song the Spice Girls recorded. Here are my top 20 hits from 1998. As with 1997,I'm only including top 40 singles,no album tracks or flop singles.

1. Binary Finary -1998 (Matt Darey mix)
2. Massive Attack - Teardrop
3. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Three 'N One mix)
4. Radiohead - No Surprises
5. Faithless - God Is A DJ
6. Massive Attack - Angel
7. Madonna - Frozen
8. Faithless - Take The Long Way Home (the album version is much better)
9. Pulp - This Is Hardcore
10. Rest Assured - Treat Infamy
11. Eels - Last Stop This Town
12. Air - Sexy Boy
13. BT - Flaming June
14. Lucid - I Can't Help Myself
15. Air - All I Need
16. Depeche Mode - Only When I Lose Myself
17. Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
18. Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel
19. Air - Kelly Watch The Stars
20.Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade

A perfect choice of favourite Spice Girls song there Rollo! It does seem to have a lot of fans here on BuzzJack. Thanks for sharing your list, excellent to see a couple from my top 10 in there and 'I Can't Help Myself' stands out too, a bit forgotten but excellent. I'm not too familiar with the Binary Finary song, maybe only heard it a couple of times years ago, will need to revisit that.

QUOTE(danG @ Aug 26 2019, 07:16 PM) *
Not a big Spice Girls fan but Viva Forever is their best slow song, good to see it well ahead of Stop anyhow though I prefer your numbers 2-4!
Frozen is definitely one of Madonna's best too, outstanding production particularly.
Music Sounds Better With You, I absolutely love! Great to see that it's finally on Spotify now too.
Teardrop is a beauty, their best song by some way for me though Unfished Sympathy is great too.
Not keen on Three Lions in any version sadly though especially after all its overexposure last year but otherwise a great top ten!

I 100% agree that 'Viva Forever' is their best slower song, I'm not the biggest fan of Spice ballads really compared to their uptempos ('Goodbye' is probably my least favourite of their singles for instance) but this was a massive notable exception! Yeah, I do love a bit of 'Stop' but 'Viva Forever' is leagues ahead heart.gif ah, 2-4 being more to your taste definitely makes sense, especially 'Music Sounds Better With You'! It being on Spotify has been incredible <3 if only 'Toca's Miracle' could get the same treatment for its 20th anniversary next year, alas that looks like more of an uphill battle with the whole vocals saga sad.gif ah well.

Yeah 'Teardrop' really stands out for me as Massive Attack's best too, what an absolute classic <3 'Unfinished Sympathy' is a good shout too though, as I said to coi above it always blows my mind when I remember how old that is.

Aw it's a shame you're not really into 'Three Lions' (true about it being exposed a lot last year kink.gif) but can't complain at a glowing review otherwise, yaaaay!!

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Aug 27 2019, 06:10 PM) *
Lots of songs to love in your 1998 countdown.

Although the moment in the 3 Lions 98 video where it shows the back on the German's team shirts and one has Klinsmann on the back and the rest of them have 'Kuntz' is a brilliant moment, I do think the original is the much better song. It doesn't sound right hearing 3 Lions without Alan Hanson declaring that he think's "it's bad news for the English game". I was at the match where we beat Croatia earlier in the year and the whole crowd stayed behind blasting this out for like 15 mins afterwards. Iconic moment laugh.gif

I have a special place in my heart for Brimful of Asha seeming that it was #1 when I was born. It's also an amazing tune too though tbh wub.gif

My other favourites you've chosen are Believe, The Rockafeller Skank & The Boy Is Mine.

Yay Lewis that's fantastic to hear!

Oh yes that moment in the 'Three Lions 98' video is rather amusing kink.gif fair enough, quite a few of you have now said they prefer the original now ohmy.gif any '98 lovers here?? I feel like Rich (gooddelta) is a fan at least. Oh wow that must've been an amazing atmosphere!! **

Ooh what a brilliant birthday number 1 <3 kinda forgot you were younger than me! ohmy.gif I do like my birthday #1 'I'll Be Missing You' a lot, as seen in my 1997 countdown, but I do think you got the better one haha. An amazing tune for sure!! Excited to get into more Fatboy Slim stuff in 1999 biggrin.gif

Woo some classics right there.

~

Thanks everyone! cheer.gif going to try and start putting my 1999 list together tonight, with the aim of kicking it off at the weekend.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Aug 29 2019, 07:59 PM
Post #162
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Great to see this being continued Jade and I very much look forward to 1999...

For comparison, these were my number 1s during 1998:

207 11/01/98 BT "Flaming June”
208 18/01/98 Wildchild "Renegade Master"
209 25/01/98 Radiohead "No Surprises" (3 weeks)
210 15/02/98 The Chemical Brothers "The Private Psychedelic Reel" (2 weeks)
211 01/03/98 Cornershop "Brimful Of Asha" (2 n/c weeks)
212 08/03/98 Madonna "Frozen"
213 22/03/98 Run DMC vs Jason Nevins "It's Like That" (3 weeks)
214 12/04/98 All Seeing I "Beat Goes On" (2 weeks)
214 26/04/98 The Dandy Warhols "Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth"
215 03/05/98 Garbage "Push It"
216 10/05/98 Tori Amos "Spark" (2 weeks)
217 24/05/98 Massive Attack "Tear Drop"
218 31/05/98 The Smashing Pumpkins "Ava Adore"
219 07/06/98 Shawn Colvin "Sunny Came Home"
220 14/06/98 Super Furry Animals “Ice Hockey Hair”
221 21/06/98 Fatboy Slim "The Rockafeller Skank" (2 weeks)
222 05/07/98 Beastie Boys "Intergalactic"
223 12/07/98 Paul Van Dyk "For An Angel" (2 weeks)
224 26/07/98 Energy 52 "Cafe Del Mar 98" (4 weeks)
225 23/08/98 Stardust "Music Sounds Better With You" (3 n/c weeks)
226 06/09/98 Madonna "Drowned World / Substitute For Love"
227 20/09/98 Sheryl Crow "My Favourite Mistake"
228 27/09/98 The Divine Comedy "Generation Sex"
229 04/10/98 The Beautiful South "Perfect 10"
230 11/10/98 Placebo "You Don't Care About Us / 20th Century Boy"
231 18/10/98 The Cardigans "My Favourite Game" (2 weeks)
232 01/11/98 Alanis Morissette "Thank U"
233 08/11/98 Cher "Believe" (3 weeks)
234 29/11/98 The Divine Comedy "The Certainty Of Chance" (3 weeks)
235 20/12/98 Air "All I Need" (2 weeks)

So there's a fair bit of crossover again wub.gif

Obviously I love the ones we have in common (Stardust in particular remains a huge fave of mine) but I also bought/love these from your list:

Robbie Williams - No Regrets... definitely one of his best, love the use of Neil Tennant and The Divine Comedy and I think it's held up very well too.
Apollo 440 - Lost in Space... I had a phase of liking them, Krupa and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub were also faves at the time (although I doubt they sound great today, not heard them for a loooooong time)
Faithless - God is a DJ... they have a handful of classics and this is definitely one of them!
Jamiroquai - Deeper Underground... I do like this but I didn't love it as much as their earlier work. Virtual Insanity still remains my fave of theirs, closely followed by Too Young to Die
Madonna - Ray of Light... absolutely essential, I have no idea what beat it to #1 in my chart but I'm pretty certain it shouldn't have! Up there with her very best tracks.
Green Day - Good Riddance... lovely. Showed a different side to them and I was quite surprised it was them at the time.
Massive Attack - Angel... good but my least favourite track on Mezzanine believe it or not!
The Tamperer - Feel It... such an anthem back then - WHAT'S SHE GONNA LOOK LIKE WITH A CHIMNEY ON HER! The chart geek in me loved seeing it inch ever closer to #1 over the weeks.
Bryan & Mel - When You're Gone... guilty pleasure alert! A staple song at weddings and other family style parties!
Lovestation - Teardrops... bought this one, a decent update on a classic song
Spice Girls - Stop... this was my favourite of theirs to date, really fun and a bit different. A shame it was the one to break their run but It's Like That was definitely the better option!
Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop... FAB track. Her album has grown on me over the years and I can totally appreciate why she was hyped back then. Follow up Ex Factor was even better wub.gif
Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight... a commercial radio staple! But a good one!
MJ Cole - Sincere... love the inclusion of this, it's a great track and did really well for me too. Probably my favourite track to come out of that garage era.
David Morales - Needin' U... I was expecting this to be a huge #1 at the time as it was so popular and hyped among those of us who went clubbing - it packed the dance floor straight away - and was majorly hyped in all the Mixmag style mags too. I still don't get why it didn't really translate into sales. Still love it now.
Sash! - Mysterious Times... I did definitely buy this as Sash! was a fave but I don't care for it quite as much these days
Brandy & Monica - The Boy is Mine... Hated this at first! But it won me over and can now see it as a breath of fresh air from that era.
3 Lions 98... I never bought this as I already had the 96 version. Was great to have it as an anthem though, we used to blast it out in the sixth form block during the cup!
Spice Girls - Viva Forever... I didn't mind this one, my girlfriend of the time loved it so I found myself having to listen to it rather a lot! laugh.gif

Great inclusions again - very few I don't care for.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Aug 30 2019, 08:45 AM
Post #163
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(dandy* @ Aug 29 2019, 08:59 PM) *
Great to see this being continued Jade and I very much look forward to 1999...

For comparison, these were my number 1s during 1998:

207 11/01/98 BT "Flaming June”
208 18/01/98 Wildchild "Renegade Master"
209 25/01/98 Radiohead "No Surprises" (3 weeks)
210 15/02/98 The Chemical Brothers "The Private Psychedelic Reel" (2 weeks)
211 01/03/98 Cornershop "Brimful Of Asha" (2 n/c weeks)
212 08/03/98 Madonna "Frozen"
213 22/03/98 Run DMC vs Jason Nevins "It's Like That" (3 weeks)
214 12/04/98 All Seeing I "Beat Goes On" (2 weeks)
214 26/04/98 The Dandy Warhols "Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth"
215 03/05/98 Garbage "Push It"
216 10/05/98 Tori Amos "Spark" (2 weeks)
217 24/05/98 Massive Attack "Tear Drop"
218 31/05/98 The Smashing Pumpkins "Ava Adore"
219 07/06/98 Shawn Colvin "Sunny Came Home"
220 14/06/98 Super Furry Animals “Ice Hockey Hair”
221 21/06/98 Fatboy Slim "The Rockafeller Skank" (2 weeks)
222 05/07/98 Beastie Boys "Intergalactic"
223 12/07/98 Paul Van Dyk "For An Angel" (2 weeks)
224 26/07/98 Energy 52 "Cafe Del Mar 98" (4 weeks)
225 23/08/98 Stardust "Music Sounds Better With You" (3 n/c weeks)
226 06/09/98 Madonna "Drowned World / Substitute For Love"
227 20/09/98 Sheryl Crow "My Favourite Mistake"
228 27/09/98 The Divine Comedy "Generation Sex"
229 04/10/98 The Beautiful South "Perfect 10"
230 11/10/98 Placebo "You Don't Care About Us / 20th Century Boy"
231 18/10/98 The Cardigans "My Favourite Game" (2 weeks)
232 01/11/98 Alanis Morissette "Thank U"
233 08/11/98 Cher "Believe" (3 weeks)
234 29/11/98 The Divine Comedy "The Certainty Of Chance" (3 weeks)
235 20/12/98 Air "All I Need" (2 weeks)

So there's a fair bit of crossover again wub.gif

Obviously I love the ones we have in common (Stardust in particular remains a huge fave of mine) but I also bought/love these from your list:

Robbie Williams - No Regrets... definitely one of his best, love the use of Neil Tennant and The Divine Comedy and I think it's held up very well too.
Apollo 440 - Lost in Space... I had a phase of liking them, Krupa and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub were also faves at the time (although I doubt they sound great today, not heard them for a loooooong time)
Faithless - God is a DJ... they have a handful of classics and this is definitely one of them!
Jamiroquai - Deeper Underground... I do like this but I didn't love it as much as their earlier work. Virtual Insanity still remains my fave of theirs, closely followed by Too Young to Die
Madonna - Ray of Light... absolutely essential, I have no idea what beat it to #1 in my chart but I'm pretty certain it shouldn't have! Up there with her very best tracks.
Green Day - Good Riddance... lovely. Showed a different side to them and I was quite surprised it was them at the time.
Massive Attack - Angel... good but my least favourite track on Mezzanine believe it or not!
The Tamperer - Feel It... such an anthem back then - WHAT'S SHE GONNA LOOK LIKE WITH A CHIMNEY ON HER! The chart geek in me loved seeing it inch ever closer to #1 over the weeks.
Bryan & Mel - When You're Gone... guilty pleasure alert! A staple song at weddings and other family style parties!
Lovestation - Teardrops... bought this one, a decent update on a classic song
Spice Girls - Stop... this was my favourite of theirs to date, really fun and a bit different. A shame it was the one to break their run but It's Like That was definitely the better option!
Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop... FAB track. Her album has grown on me over the years and I can totally appreciate why she was hyped back then. Follow up Ex Factor was even better wub.gif
Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight... a commercial radio staple! But a good one!
MJ Cole - Sincere... love the inclusion of this, it's a great track and did really well for me too. Probably my favourite track to come out of that garage era.
David Morales - Needin' U... I was expecting this to be a huge #1 at the time as it was so popular and hyped among those of us who went clubbing - it packed the dance floor straight away - and was majorly hyped in all the Mixmag style mags too. I still don't get why it didn't really translate into sales. Still love it now.
Sash! - Mysterious Times... I did definitely buy this as Sash! was a fave but I don't care for it quite as much these days
Brandy & Monica - The Boy is Mine... Hated this at first! But it won me over and can now see it as a breath of fresh air from that era.
3 Lions 98... I never bought this as I already had the 96 version. Was great to have it as an anthem though, we used to blast it out in the sixth form block during the cup!
Spice Girls - Viva Forever... I didn't mind this one, my girlfriend of the time loved it so I found myself having to listen to it rather a lot! laugh.gif

Great inclusions again - very few I don't care for.

Hi Dandy,

I'm pleased that you're continuing to follow this! Thanks for sharing your own charts - looks like I really need to revisit the Energy 52 song as all of you guys seem to love it laugh.gif but it's one that I've only heard a few times. If a 90s song wasn't on a Now album, a retro chart I've listened to or on Kisstory then I probably haven't heard it that much over the years, this is an example of that. Brilliant that we have a lot of crossover for the most part anyway *.* really enjoyed reading all of those comments too! Some replies (better make this quick as I'm at work #rebel):

- 'Virtual Insanity' is a solid Jamiroquai favourite! I think mine is the infectious 'Canned Heat' wub.gif
- I've never heard 'When You're Gone' at a wedding or family party before but now I want to ohmy.gif I do have memories of hearing it a lot in Spanish taxis though laugh.gif
- 'Stop' definitely did feel a bit different for the girls with its Motown influences! A shame that it broke their streak indeed, but like you I can't complain about what the competition was!
- Ooh that's high praise for 'Sincere' *.* it's definitely up there as one of my garage favourites too! Excited to delve into more garage music in 2000 in particular.
- If only 'Needin' U' had been a #1 in 1998 or during its re-release sad.gif sounds like some incredible memories anyway, never heard it clubbing before (in my limited experience!!) but I bet it would indeed sound incredible out and about.
- Loving that '3 Lions' anecdote, I have memories associated with it being blasted out during sixth form too! During the 2014 World Cup laugh.gif #justsixthformthings

1999 list is now complete. The quality of the top 10 for it is out of this world wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 1 2019, 04:51 PM
Post #164
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Time for a brand new year! I turned two in 1999 so I was sadly still a bit too young to recall any songs from the time. But there have been plenty of great songs from this year to discover while I was growing up. 1999 in UK chart music saw the debuts of Britney and Christina amongst others. Plus Shania Twain was dominating with her album 'Come On Over'!

40. Apollo 440 - Stop The Rock
(chart-run: 10-18-27-37-45-57)

39. Bran Van 3000 - Drinking In L.A.
(chart-run: 3-4-8-14-20-29-34-42-49-58-72)

38. Destiny's Child - Bills Bills Bills
(chart-run: 6-12-14-22-27-32-40-54-74)

37. S Club 7 - Bring It All Back
(chart-run: 1-2-5-5-6-11-16-18-24-28-34-42-56-65-72)

36. Backstreet Boys - Larger Than Life
(chart-run: 5-10-17-26-31-39-46-58-69-56-56-63-64-73)

Let's get started! At #40, Apollo 440 are back for their second appearance of the 90s so far. Once again they land in the 31-40 region, as 'Lost In Space' wound up at #34 in my 1998 countdown. This position feels more satisfying as '40' is in the British group's name, of course. I may not remember anything about 1999, but I do still have really early childhood memories of this, because at the arcades (at... Butlins I'd like to say?), there was a machine that looped this over and over again. I wouldn't discover what this repetitive "stop the rock, can't stop the rock" song was for many years (a poor effort on my behalf, such easy lyrics to Google) but a love for this was born during that holiday and it's held up well over the years. Once again I'm a huge fan of Apollo 440's signature style of electronic and breakbeat sounds. The production is very slick. The lyrics are ridiculously catchy as well. Then the general vocal style is robotic and futuristic a la Daft Punk. The whole package results in a thrilling song that wouldn't sound out of place in an action film. The electric intro gives me similar vibes to the action-packed 'My Favourite Game' by The Cardigans actually. I'd say that stereotypically this should appeal to straight ladz due to featuring on Fifa 2000 and including lyrics about not wanting to stop the rock. However, I feel like lyrics elsewhere such as "dancing like Madonna, into the groove" mellow the song a lot. Then there are serious Beach Boys-esque vox singing the "bum bum b-bum, bum b-bum bum" part which add to the fun. So yeah, 'Stop The Rock' doesn't take itself too seriously at all and should be enjoyed by everyone! Seriously though, almost every top comment on YouTube was about Fifa 2000, so it has really earned itself a legacy for that. Next up at #39 is 'Drinking In L.A.' by Bran Van 3000, another song that I discovered in a random way. As I'm sure a lot of you know, I used to be a diehard fan of the show Glee for most of the time it was on air. This was to the point where I would often scour eBay for Glee merchandise. One item that kept popping up was the album 'Glee' by Bran Van 3000. Eventually, after seeing it on eBay so many times, I became curious about what this album actually was. So I looked it up and was intrigued to find out that it actually spawned a hit single. I checked out 'Drinking In L.A.' and the rest was history. So thanks Glee for that one. The song failed to crack the U.S. charts but it eventually made the top 3 in the U.K. after featuring in an advert for Rolling Rock beer. So as for the song, it somehow manages to be cheesy and cool at the same time. I'm here for it. It's pretty whacky for its genre and this is further confirmed by the colourful video featuring daft costumes. What I gather is that this song is about feeling like you should have certain things accomplished by a certain age. "So I ask you... what the hell am I doing drinking in L.A. at 26?" speaks for itself really. This is a theme that feels so relevant to me right now as I live through my 20s and feel all kind of pressures. Am I out there buying my first house or getting pregnant? No, I'm writing out a countdown section on BuzzJack, and you know what, I'm okay with that, especially when listening to this soothing song. A lot of people in the YouTube comments say that this song is the perfect listen at night-time so I should really try that at some point. Anyway, back to the contents of it, I enjoy the range of vocals in 'Drinking In L.A.'. In the verses there are muffled male vocals, but the chorus shines the spotlight on crystal clear female vocals delivering a killer chorus. The production appeals to me a lot as well as it's a trip-hop style of electronic beats, guitars and piano. Perfect! Next up at #38 is 'Bills, Bills, Bills' by Destiny's Child. This year seemed to be all about the female anthems regarding lousy men, with 'No Scrubs' by TLC also being a huge hit in 1999. But we'll get to that one later! Funnily enough, 'Bills, Bills, Bills' is another song in a row that I discovered because of Glee! But this time it was actually due to being covered on the show, by the Dalton Academy Warblers in season 2. So yeah, my first taste of this was a male version! But I'd eventually check out the Destiny's Child original and did not regret this decision. It was a huge break-through for the group as it became their first US #1! It was during a time where the group had four members and not one of them was Michelle yet. It's a really sassy and playful R&B song - one of the best that DC ever released in my opinion. I think the lyrical highlight has to be "do you pay my automo-bills?" laugh.gif I also love how dramatic the end of the chorus is with the brief pauses between every single word during "I don't think you do. So you and me are through." A song that has definitely stood the test of time 20 years on I think! The video feels very 90s though. From the salon setting to the matching shiny outfits! Fun fact, Beyoncé's mum made the outfits for them and the video was actually dedicated to her. Aww.

Okay, fans of cheesy pop, the rest of this section is definitely for you! At #37 we have S Club 7 with 'Bring It All Back'. This was the group's debut single and raced to the top of the UK chart immediately. This is the first of many chart-toppers to appear for 1999! What can I say, this song is just pure unadulterated joy. I adore the hopeful lyrics and ultra catchy chorus. It gets my toes tapping and that's always a good thing. Plus THAT key-change gives Westlife a run for their money! The video is equally as fun too with a quintessentially 90s dance routine throughout. 'Bring It All Back' received two videos, with one catering to the US market, however this song failed to crack their chart. It's okay though, because 'Never Had A Dream Come True' would go on to be a huge hit there somehow instead! Back to 'Bring It All Back', something that stands out vocally about this is that it's the only S Club 7 single where all four female members are on lead vocals. We have the typical Jo notes as ever but the sharing of vocals is very much noticeable to me. So it was nice for others to get the chance to shine straight away too. This shall forever be an instant pick-me-up and if you disagree then you have no soul tbh! Lastly, at #36, Backstreet's back (basil.gif) as there's no way I could snub 'Larger Than Life'! The group were back to the funky bangers with this one, following 'I Want It That Way'. However, this didn't perform quite as well as that, it was a top 5 here but somehow only reached #25 in the US?! I can't quite believe that, wow! This song is an exhilarating moment in their discography, from the word go we get an excitable "yeaaaaaah!" and the rest of the song follows suit. It's a high octane sing-a-long single for sure. The formula reminds me of 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)' a lot which is why I think this appeals to me so much. Another banger just like that! Some names who are still big in the music industry were involved with this, notably Max Martin in the production and Joseph Kahn for the video. The visuals were so funny to watch, it reminds me of A1's 'Take On Me' in the sense that it must've been so cool and futuristic to see at the time, but 20 years later it's pretty naff. The video was record-breaking though, as it received a Guinness World Record for being the 14th most expensive video ever, with it costing over 2 million dollars to make. Wow! This was a song for the fans that has held up well all these years later.

+Quote this post
coi
post Sep 1 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #165
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Good start, I also had to hear Stop The Rock quite a bit as a kid but that actually was as a result of owning FIFA 2000 laugh.gif You couldn't escape it when playing that because back then they had a really limited soundtrack! Not heard it that much since. Larger Than Life is definitely my favourite from that section, when I first heard it I could immediately tell it was a Backstreet Boys song! It might even be my favourite single of theirs as well as it hasn't suffered the overplay of Everybody (Backstreet's Back) and I Want It That Way, though of course the latter is still a tune despite that. Looking forward to the rest of this!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 2 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #166
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
A few there that I only know from the Now! sessions and don't really remember, I think I do remember thinking the Bran Van 3000 song was a little strange though (and not sure if it was in a good way or not oops xx). Another great Apollo 440 song anyway and 'Bring It All Back' is one of the better S Club songs as well!

Lol at the backstory of how you first heard the Bran Van 3000 song *_* that reminds me of how I first heard of Arctic Monkeys, I saw their name near the top of an alphabetical list of artists on some lyrics website and thought it sounded like a weird name and was surprised to later find out they were actually a popular band who I knew several songs by laugh.gif

Also did not know Joseph Kahn's career went back that far, I only know his name via Taylor Swift. #educational

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 4 2019, 09:52 AM
Post #167
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(coi @ Sep 1 2019, 06:05 PM) *
Good start, I also had to hear Stop The Rock quite a bit as a kid but that actually was as a result of owning FIFA 2000 laugh.gif You couldn't escape it when playing that because back then they had a really limited soundtrack! Not heard it that much since. Larger Than Life is definitely my favourite from that section, when I first heard it I could immediately tell it was a Backstreet Boys song! It might even be my favourite single of theirs as well as it hasn't suffered the overplay of Everybody (Backstreet's Back) and I Want It That Way, though of course the latter is still a tune despite that. Looking forward to the rest of this!

I'm glad that you think this has started off well! The only way is up too *.* I wasn't really exposed to FIFA games until the mid-noughties I'd say (that's when my brother got into them), so I had no idea that the soundtrack was so limited back in the day, interesting! 'Stop The Rock' is a great song to have been in that small pool of songs then. But yeah I've never really heard it at all since childhood either unless I've specifically gone out of my way to listen to it. Hooray for 'Larger Than Life' appreciation, the Backstreet Boys could definitely deliver a banger or two when they wanted to *.* A great choice for favourite BSB song too, I'm really torn between that and 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)' for mine. Good point about lack of overplay for this one, I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio or music channels or anything. Whereas 'I Want It That Way' and 'Everybody' have been played a lot as you say, especially as the latter is inexplicably considered a Halloween song laugh.gif solely down to the video I suppose. Thank you!

QUOTE(Bré @ Sep 2 2019, 05:42 PM) *
A few there that I only know from the Now! sessions and don't really remember, I think I do remember thinking the Bran Van 3000 song was a little strange though (and not sure if it was in a good way or not oops xx). Another great Apollo 440 song anyway and 'Bring It All Back' is one of the better S Club songs as well!

Lol at the backstory of how you first heard the Bran Van 3000 song *_* that reminds me of how I first heard of Arctic Monkeys, I saw their name near the top of an alphabetical list of artists on some lyrics website and thought it sounded like a weird name and was surprised to later find out they were actually a popular band who I knew several songs by laugh.gif

Also did not know Joseph Kahn's career went back that far, I only know his name via Taylor Swift. #educational

The Now sessions were fab for education about random forgotten late 90s/early noughties hits! Justin being the most iconic of course. I do recall you thinking that 'Drinking In L.A.' was a bit weird as well but also can't remember if it was in a good or bad way laugh.gif we shall see the next time I put the playlist for this on while you're round mine. Woo I had remembered that you were a fan of 'Bring It All Back' actually, yessss *.* and you can never go wrong with Apollo 440.

Haha :') it's great when you discover songs in the most random ways as those memories tend to stick. Oh yes I remember you telling me about that Arctic Monkeys story before!! Love that laugh.gif indeed that strangely named band may be a bit of a big deal!

Ah well there you go! I was surprised when I found that out at some point as well, much more familiar with Max Martin being a 90s name too. Mainly due to Britney. We stan fun facts.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Sep 5 2019, 02:32 PM
Post #168
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Bran Van 3000 is definitely my highlight from that bunch. Loved that track, was so weird when it made the charts as it was quite obscure before the advert feature.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Sep 7 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #169
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Oooh some good choices so far Jade, especially S Club 7, Destiny's Child and Bran Van 3000 (all of which, as you know, I featured on my blog series about the charts of 1999 recently!)

I look forward to seeing what your other choices are. I loved your 1998 choices as well! I didn't start compiling my own personal charts until January 1999 when I was 9/10 - but that was a great year for music as well, especially pop. It was when All Saints, Five and Steps had launched, and also when B*Witched and Billie Piper came out with their first few number ones as well. But I also loved The Corrs ('Talk on Corners' one of my all time favourite albums) and Robbie Williams' second album 'I've Been Expecting You' was a favourite of mine too.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 21 2019, 11:55 PM
Post #170
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Hey guys, I've just been on holiday and have a BJSC contest to co-host, but I aim to resume this after that's done!

QUOTE(dandy* @ Sep 5 2019, 03:32 PM) *
Bran Van 3000 is definitely my highlight from that bunch. Loved that track, was so weird when it made the charts as it was quite obscure before the advert feature.

I had a feeling that you'd be a fan *.* Hooray for adverts being good for something in this case!

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Sep 7 2019, 04:47 PM) *
Oooh some good choices so far Jade, especially S Club 7, Destiny's Child and Bran Van 3000 (all of which, as you know, I featured on my blog series about the charts of 1999 recently!)

I look forward to seeing what your other choices are. I loved your 1998 choices as well! I didn't start compiling my own personal charts until January 1999 when I was 9/10 - but that was a great year for music as well, especially pop. It was when All Saints, Five and Steps had launched, and also when B*Witched and Billie Piper came out with their first few number ones as well. But I also loved The Corrs ('Talk on Corners' one of my all time favourite albums) and Robbie Williams' second album 'I've Been Expecting You' was a favourite of mine too.

Why thank you Alex *.* your blog series about 1999 has been fabulous. Always here for thoughts on such a superb year!

Stay tuned to see what else I'm loving from 1999! Lots of top quality pop and dance in particular still to come. Good to see that you're complimentary of the 1998 picks too! I'm so jealous that you started your personal chart so young, I was only 13 when I started mine but wish I had been even younger laugh.gif sounds like a pretty exciting time for the UK pop scene when you launched yours anyway! That Robbie album is great, I've grown up with so much of his music thanks to my parents.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Sep 24 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #171
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Catching up with this, what a great start to 1999 there, Jade.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 10 2020, 01:33 PM
Post #172
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Mack. @ Sep 24 2019, 01:12 PM) *
Catching up with this, what a great start to 1999 there, Jade.

A very belated thank you, Mack!

Tonight I am finally going to continue biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 10 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #173
Group icon
Alone and wounded

35. Moloko - Sing It Back
(chart-run: 4-9-13-21-26-40-44-54-69)

34. Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
(chart-run: 3-3-6-10-15-18-19-25-29-32-36-46-45-46-48-50-58-67)

33. Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy
(chart-run: 5-6-8-12-18-20-29-32-37-44-56)

32. Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
(chart-run: 1-1-1-2-3-5-7-10-13-19-24-28-41-48-53-61-67)

31. Eminem - My Name Is
(chart-run: 2-3-3-11-16-23-30-39-49-58-60-68R(5))

Right let's jump right back into it! Kicking off this 1999 section are Moloko with one of their signature hits. The duo, consisting of vocalist Róisín Murphy and producer Mark Brydon, initially saw their record 'Sing It Back' limping into the U.K. chart at an underwhelming #45 position. However, the song got a facelift courtesy of DJ Boris Dlugosch (who beat off competition from big name Todd Terry who also had a go at remixing it) and gave Moloko their first ever top 5 hit! 'Sing It Back' is a house record with über funky production and accompanying vocals from Róisín that fit like a glove. The whole song is very melodic and fun, but I must say that the highlight of the whole experience for me is the middle 8 when the production goes a bit wild - the guitar there was a welcome addition! Róisín takes centre stage in the music video, wearing a metallic flapper dress that wouldn't look out of place in Lady Gaga's wardrobe during 'The Fame' era. She dances the night away whilst the editor has fun with some psychedelic effects. The whole package is a carefree delight that is always in demand as it's been featured on over 100 compilations! Next we move away from house music and instead go a little more country ohmy.gif which is surprising to say, as country music isn't always my cup of tea, but Shania Twain served a country-pop (with elements of rock) banger back in 1999! 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman!' was the EIGHTH single (that is... insane) from her iconic 'Come On Over' album. I was shocked to learn that this Grammy Award winning single only charted at #23 in the U.S., but we were good to it over here in the U.K. - as it peaked at #3, matching 'That Don't Impress Me Much' as her highest charting single. Shania invites us into this empowering feminism anthem with her "let's go girls!" opening. The song continues to be as euphoric throughout, with a killer hook and even a guitar solo to boot. The music video flips the visuals of Robert Palmer's 'Addicted To Love' and 'Simply Irresistible' on their head, as we witness role-reversal with Shania confidently doing her thing at the front, while the male backing dancers are the ones with the blank stares. An essential for any feel-good pop playlist. Let's keep this moving with some more upbeat female pop! This time from the princess of pop herself. Britney was definitely keeping up momentum for her debut era, as '(You Drive Me) Crazy' became the third top 5 single in a row from it over here in the U.K.! It scraped the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 also. The title '(You Drive Me) Crazy' could be interpreted in one of two ways, but on this occasion Britney is singing about someone driving her crazy in a good way - as she's crazy in love. There's no soppy ballad to be found here however, as '(You Drive Me) Crazy' is a high-octane stomper with quintessentially late 90s Max Martin involvement. Britney really plays to her strengths in the video as she unleashes a highly choreographed dance routine. She actually said that she hoped that this video would take her to the next level! Well, we can safely say that Britney was going to be sticking around for a while. The uniform concept, that went down a storm in the '...Baby One More Time' video, was back for the occasion, as Britney wanted to play a dorky waitress in the '(You Drive Me) Crazy' video. Actors Melissa Joan Hart and Adrian Grenier made a cameo in the video as the song featured on the soundtrack for 'Drive Me Crazy'.

Now it's time for two male artists to round off this section! First we have 'Livin' La Vida Loca' which is easily the biggest hit of the bunch, spending multiple weeks at #1 in both the United Kingdom and United States. In fact, this was big to the point where it is generally seen as the song that started the Latin-pop explosion in English-speaking markets at the time - helping the likes of Enrique Iglesias and Shakira to break through easier. As a partial Spaniard myself, I'm sad that I was too young to remember this explosion of Latin pop, but it was cool that there was a second wave back in 2017 with the likes of 'Despacito' and 'Mi Gente' at least. Now... let's give ROSALÍA a top 40 hit please. Anyway, 'Livin' La Vida Loca' is such a guilty pleasure, I can't help but get swept up in the madness of this pop song - with its dynamic instrumentation and vocal performance. I guess a song about living the crazy life was always going to be a wild ride. It is also at this moment when I realise that at #33 we have a song with 'Crazy' in the title, followed by one with 'Loca' in #32. That was unintentional I swear!! But yeah, it's easy to see why this was so massive. Ricky would later appear in an episode of Glee called 'The Spanish Teacher' which I like to pretend never happened, except his duet of 'La Isla Bonita' with Naya Rivera, that can stay. Finishing off this #35 - #31 section is an artist who is still getting #1 hits in the year 2020! A remarkable career trajectory. However, the bold 'My Name Is' had to settle for a #2 peak. This was Eminem's introduction to the chart. From the word go, the world quickly knew who Slim Shady was, as the name is an integral part to the hook of 'My Name Is' - plus, if that wasn't enough, the accompanying album is called The Slim Shady LP. We found out that Slim Shady is an attention-grabbing flamboyant character, dressing up as the likes of Marilyn Manson and Bill Clinton in the video. He also likes an expletive or two... okay several of those. I must admit that it's strange for me to listen to the uncensored version as I'm so used to the lyrics of the censored one! You mean... it's "I just drank a fifth of vodka, dare me to drive?" and not "kool aid"? ohmy.gif kink.gif I'd say that the most appealing part of 'My Name Is' for me is the fat bassline that commands all attention. The chorus is pretty straight-forward and addictive. It's one of his colourful and comical Slim Shady songs that definitely isn't to be taken seriously. He exaggeratedly packs several themes into this one song but the main take away is that this Eminem guy has landed. Turns out that he was here to stay.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Feb 10 2020, 11:12 PM
Post #174
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Great to see this back, Jade.

'Bring It Back' wow that was a great tune from them. The next three, I would unashamedly play them anytime, probably was nodding my head to them when Top of the Pops in that year, I was only 5.

'My Name Is' the song that introduced to Eminem and Slim Shady. As you saying is one of his colourful Slim Shady songs. I certainly didn't see him having a 21 year career.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 10 2020, 11:26 PM
Post #175
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Mack. @ Feb 10 2020, 11:12 PM) *
Great to see this back, Jade.

'Bring It Back' wow that was a great tune from them. The next three, I would unashamedly play them anytime, probably was nodding my head to them when Top of the Pops in that year, I was only 5.

'My Name Is' the song that introduced to Eminem and Slim Shady. As you saying is one of his colourful Slim Shady songs. I certainly didn't see him having a 21 year career.

Hey there Mack!

Aww, thank you, this was paused for way longer than I was expecting, but now feels like the right time to bring it back. Will try my best to write-up a new post at least once a week, maybe increasing to 2 or 3 once my other BuzzJack commitments have calmed down!

Glad that you're a 'Bring It Back' fan! That, 'The Time Is Now' and 'Forever More' are their holy trinity for me. Fantastic that you are already associating some of these songs with childhood memories (e.g. TOTP) - I was only 2 at this time, so I don't expect any memories to flood back for at least a couple more years laugh.gif

Indeed, definitely one of his more light-hearted songs in amongst the likes of 'Stan' and 'When I'm Gone' in his singles discography. 21 years in the business is so impressive, I can probably count on one hand acts from the start of the millennium that are still relevant to some degree in the chart (Eminem, P!nk, Coldplay etc.) so well done to him!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 10 2020, 11:42 PM
Post #176
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
It returns at last ohmy.gif x (watch you finish this before I finish my 2019 EOY x)

I like 4 of these 5 songs (I don't remember the Britney song, have probably heard it but I couldn't hum it x) so a strong return cool.gif particularly 'My Name Is'. 'Sing It Back' is probably Moloko's best song for me as well.

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 10 2020, 10:58 PM) *
Now... let's give ROSALÍA a top 40 hit please.

also this

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 10 2020, 11:55 PM
Post #177
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Bré @ Feb 10 2020, 11:42 PM) *
It returns at last ohmy.gif x (watch you finish this before I finish my 2019 EOY x)

I like 4 of these 5 songs (I don't remember the Britney song, have probably heard it but I couldn't hum it x) so a strong return cool.gif particularly 'My Name Is'. 'Sing It Back' is probably Moloko's best song for me as well.
also this

Indeed, they thought the day would never come ohmy.gif oh yes of course your EOY, make sure to continue that eventually too! kink.gif

Hooray, 4/5 is fine by me *.* I'm pretty sure that '(You Drive Me) Crazy' is on my treadmill playlist so hopefully it comes on at some point while we're both running. Alternatively, I can play you the updated playlist for this countdown, although probably after a few more updates with only 5 new songs at the moment kink.gif A good choice of favourite Moloko song! It's a shame that you weren't quite feeling Singerpurear's Moloko BJSC entry, but at least we were on the same page with the Club Bizarre one oops x

ROSALÍA's 84 Award show performances have gotta count for something right :cheeseblock:

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Feb 11 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #178
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
I listened to the Come On Over album last year. It was cheesy at points, but it was a pretty good album, and Man I Feel Like A Woman is one of my faves from that LP.
The other four are also really good.

I might be doing a Top 10 Favourite UK Hits Of 1999 sometime in the Spring, but that is depending on if I get my 2019 EOY countdown complete.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 11 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #179
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Feb 11 2020, 05:05 PM) *
I listened to the Come On Over album last year. It was cheesy at points, but it was a pretty good album, and Man I Feel Like A Woman is one of my faves from that LP.
The other four are also really good.

I might be doing a Top 10 Favourite UK Hits Of 1999 sometime in the Spring, but that is depending on if I get my 2019 EOY countdown complete.

Ooh cool, I haven't listened to the whole album before but can of course appreciate how much of a phenomenon it must've been! Pleased to hear that 'Man...' is amongst your favourites on the album anyway happy.gif also, I'm interested in seeing that countdown - what a year 1999 was!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Feb 11 2020, 06:59 PM
Post #180
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Let's see how many I'll like from this section,
"Livin La Vida Loca" is amazing, one of best latin songs in my opinion.
Glad to see "My Name Is" there too, as the start of Eminem's career.

+Quote this post

29 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:32 AM