BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wynonna Earp
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Linds.
post 10th September 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
Wynonna Earp is a Canadian-American supernatural Western horror television series, developed by Emily Andras. It is based on the comic book series by Beau Smith. Wynonna, the outcast great-great-granddaughter of legendary lawman Wyatt Earp, battles demons and other supernatural beings that inhabit the Ghost River Triangle, a cursed territory near the Canadian Rockies that includes Purgatory, her home town. Upon her 27th birthday, Wynonna inherited the power to use her ancestor's 16-inch barrel special "Peacemaker" revolver. With Peacemaker, together with a close circle of allies centered on her younger sister Waverly, she is the only one that can bring the paranormal evil to justice. Her primary foes are revenants, outlaws executed by Wyatt Earp who revive with the death of the previous Earp heir. [thanks wikipedia]

Kinda surprised there's no topic for this already but I think it does have a fairly small audience. Currently there's two seasons of it and a third one has been confirmed, it airs on SyFy in the US, Space in Canada and Spike in the UK (I've never even heard of the latter oops) but season one is now on Neflix too! There has been a lot of buzz about it online which is how I found out about it, I've seen bits and pieces from it on Tumblr since it started but only now did I check it out since it went up on Netflix and I'm SO glad I did. Like it doesn't sound like my thing in the slightest so don't be put off by "supernatural western horror" if you're in the same boat laugh.gif It's not really scary in the slightest and is funny more than anything. The characters are amazing, the plot lines are on point, there's so many things you wont see coming its brilliant, really.

I urge anyone to give it a try, there's nothing I can even really compare it to and be like "if you liked this show then you'll like this" as it is in a league of its own, so just trust me on it wink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post 10th September 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
I watched the first half of season one last year and my impression was of a Western version of Buffy.

Never liked Buffy so I gave up but might be of interest to those who did

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 10th September 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
I'd say season two is better than the first but I guess if you watched a fair bit of the first and didn't like it then that's still not v appealing laugh.gif I never watched Buffy though tbh

+Quote this post
Severin
post 10th September 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
It wasn't so much that I didn't like it, it was ok and fun in places. I just wasn't gripped by it and it fell by the wayside amongst other series.

I'm still vaguely intrigued and I did think the lead actress was good. If I ever had nothing to watch I may return to it

Also, everyone except me loves Buffy so you might well like it yourself. I'm obviously wrong

This post has been edited by Severin: 10th September 2017, 11:02 PM

+Quote this post
breezyspice
post 10th September 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 39,572
It keeps popping up on my Netflix recommended list but to be honest, Westerns aren't really my thing (unless its the old Tombstone or Bad Girls films) and I was never on the Buffy train.

I may try it out though, just to see!! I like strong, female leads smile.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 11th September 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #6
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
yea it was the western thing that I was worried about but that's not something that's entirely relevant, Its still set in modern day. I think the western element is more to tie in with the historic part of it and the general setting! Melanie Scrofano is brilliant in the lead role and Dominique Provost-Chalkley who plays her younger sister is amazing too wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:30 AM